2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

SM10

youngwaldo

19 hours ago, metaldog said:

Cool clubs seems to claim the nickel finish potentially being more durable than chrome, very interested if that’s possible 

That is tough to know since we do not really know who they use to plate the satin one. Would not be surprised if the satin is a nickel chrome plating. 

So maybe the nickel finish is just a thicker coating of nickel then chrome on top or just a thicker nickel chrome solution from the start. 

I'd be more curious on the friction of that finish. Whether if it has less friction or more friction than the satin variant. 

On 1/17/2024 at 6:49 AM, Mainehacker21 said:

Just my opinion but I feel like BV and Titleist really missed an opportunity with SM10, with it being a "decade" release to do something bold. I get if it ain't broke don't fix it and believe me I'm a huge fan of vokey simplicity, but even calling it SMX or something with a slight re-design would have gone miles imo. This just looks the same as it has since SM8.

Totally agree with you. Would have liked to see something a little different and more discernible benefit over sm9.

• Like 1

So maybe not the most original stamping. But considering I have always gone basic no stamping. It’s a pretty big change for me 😬

IMG_0201.jpeg

IMG_0204.jpeg

• Like 4

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

54 minutes ago, mliedtke02 said:

Can you post the entire shaft/club?  That looks black on black which looks great.  

Here’s a couple more. 

IMG_0207.jpeg

IMG_0209.jpeg

IMG_0206.jpeg

IMG_0205.jpeg

• Like 2

Vokey

1 hour ago, mliedtke02 said:

Damn.  Now you really have me going back and forth between the blackout look and chrome with black shaft.  You did a great job on design sir, they look great.

Thanks!  The more I look at them the more I like them!  My SM9's had a full two years in the bag except for the 58 which I replaced a year ago, so they are due to be retired!! 

Vokey

Hoping I can get a couple good years out of the SM9s I just ordered, like the SM8s gave me. These last couple releases have been modern classics and look forward to hearing more about what SM10 has done differently. I was about to go to ping wedges but I’ve realized that the hosel insertion depth on ping wedges is just too shallow and I can’t control my low point and touch the way I can with recent Vokeys. It seems nit picky but when you are a builder and take these things apart to get them dialed you can pick up on things like this. Curious if anyone else has a similar experience. Really wanted to love glide 4.0 and I doubt that changed in S159. It would explain to me why in the past many ping staffers gravitate towards vokey especially in higher lofts

Edited by KillebrewKub

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered my gap and sand wedge! If some of y’all grind masters could help out, that would appreciated. I spent all last looking through threads to get my answer. 

So anyways, I always have liked my higher bounce sand wedge since I really only use it for bunkers and square faced shots. Always worked for me. But I’ve had trouble deciding on the lob wedge. Tbh, I don’t use it for full shots very often, partial shots if needed. Mainly around the greens or a short sided bunker shot if needed. Slightly open the face occasionally if desperate but I never got along with the T grind. Bit steeper. I feel like maybe either the M grind or an LBK? What do y’all think about the 2 of those? Much appreciated. 

52 minutes ago, toastinato said:

Ordered my gap and sand wedge! If some of y’all grind masters could help out, that would appreciated. I spent all last looking through threads to get my answer. 

So anyways, I always have liked my higher bounce sand wedge since I really only use it for bunkers and square faced shots. Always worked for me. But I’ve had trouble deciding on the lob wedge. Tbh, I don’t use it for full shots very often, partial shots if needed. Mainly around the greens or a short sided bunker shot if needed. Slightly open the face occasionally if desperate but I never got along with the T grind. Bit steeper. I feel like maybe either the M grind or an LBK? What do y’all think about the 2 of those? Much appreciated. 

I have no experience with LBK but I love my 60 degree M grind. Very versatile and is geared towards partial shots and around the green. No issue using it in bunkers either. D grind is the same thing but higher bounce. I always go lowish bounce in LW though. S grind would be fine for you as well since you don’t manipulate the face much and prefer a higher bounce. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Veebee3 said:

I have no experience with LBK but I love my 60 degree M grind. Very versatile and is geared towards partial shots and around the green. No issue using it in bunkers either. D grind is the same thing but higher bounce. I always go lowish bounce in LW though. S grind would be fine for you as well since you don’t manipulate the face much and prefer a higher bounce. 

Thank you for the response. I’m leaning towards M grind for the sake of a bit more versatility. Occasionally like to get creative if needed. I feel like some of those higher bounces are a bit one dimensional. And I already will have high bounce 56. 

• Thanks 1

Hit these a few days ago.  They feel softer than just about any Vokey before them.  I was really impressed and the nickel finish is really nice.  Easily the best of the bunch.  I didnt think Vokey could do anything to really be better but these have my attention.

Srixon ZX7 mkii 9.5 HZRDUS rdx red 60s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Srixon ZX5 mkii 3, ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless custom 34"

3 hours ago, Nixhex524 said:

Hit these a few days ago.  They feel softer than just about any Vokey before them.  I was really impressed and the nickel finish is really nice.  Easily the best of the bunch.  I didnt think Vokey could do anything to really be better but these have my attention.

After seeing it in person, how do you think the Nickel finish will hold up?

@toastinato I have a LBK 60 and really like it. Very forgiving low bounce sole for me. Great bunker club for medium to firm sand. You can open the face up a little no problem. If you open it up too much you do get some leading edge creep, which doesn’t bother me as I only do that in situations where I need more bounce. That said I am moving to a 58 M this year for gapping reasons. Going with more versatility on the grind since I’ll be opening the face more with the 58 and a little more bounce since I’ll be using it occasionally for full shots, which I don’t do now. Both a great options depending on what you’re after. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JPS_17 said:

@toastinato I have a LBK 60 and really like it. Very forgiving low bounce sole for me. Great bunker club for medium to firm sand. You can open the face up a little no problem. If you open it up too much you do get some leading edge creep, which doesn’t bother me as I only do that in situations where I need more bounce. That said I am moving to a 58 M this year for gapping reasons. Going with more versatility on the grind since I’ll be opening the face more with the 58 and a little more bounce since I’ll be using it occasionally for full shots, which I don’t do now. Both a great options depending on what you’re after. 

Great stuff. I used an LBK briefly at the end of the year. Sold it out of boredom lol ended up going with the 60D grind since the northeast can be soft most of the year besides a small part of the summer. Maybe I’ll have to pick up like a cheap low grind LW for that short time. But that M grind looks awesome. I went D grind because I read it was the M grind with slightly more bounce, which probably is a little better for me considering conditions and I’m a little steep. 

@toastinato I’m in Michigan, so a little extra bounce works well here too. I’m going to keep my LBK for desert golf over the winter. I did a Vokey fitting this summer and just did a Ping wedge fitting in Scottsdale last week. Both ended up the same (Vokey/S159): 50.12 (F/S), 54.12 (D/S), 58.08 (M/H).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JPS_17 said:

@toastinato I’m in Michigan, so a little extra bounce works well here too. I’m going to keep my LBK for desert golf over the winter. I did a Vokey fitting this summer and just did a Ping wedge fitting in Scottsdale last week. Both ended up the same (Vokey/S159): 50.12 (F/S), 54.12 (D/S), 58.08 (M/H).

Nice! Yup, I personally felt the LBK was best of both worlds. In the short amount of time I had it, I started dialing in opening the face to utilize that sole in bunkers, pick balls from tight lies, and add a little bounce for some partial shots. Where I ran into issues with it were those soft days I needed to get up in the air from 30-50 out. That’s where I’d tend to dig quite a bit. But again, that’s not so common so I think that’s a solid weapon to have in the bag. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 10:41 AM, Nixhex524 said:

Did an SM10 fitting a few days ago. Driving out I still wasn’t sure whether I wanted nickel or chrome (current wedges are black and I was looking to change it up). Once there I thought the black and chrome both looked great, but the nickel looked a little better online. Ended up ordering the chrome. FWIW I thought the black ones looked really good in person. Nickel looks ok too, just a little different than I was expecting. 

Agree on the feel. These are really fun to hit. Softer than I remember (haven’t played Vokeys since SM5). Great performers. Did everything I wanted and felt good doing it. These just kicked my sugar daddy twos out of the bag. 

2 hours ago, toastinato said:

Nice! Yup, I personally felt the LBK was best of both worlds. In the short amount of time I had it, I started dialing in opening the face to utilize that sole in bunkers, pick balls from tight lies, and add a little bounce for some partial shots. Where I ran into issues with it were those soft days I needed to get up in the air from 30-50 out. That’s where I’d tend to dig quite a bit. But again, that’s not so common so I think that’s a solid weapon to have in the bag. 

Hoping for a LBK release soon for SM10. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JetSpeed79 said:

Did an SM10 fitting a few days ago. Driving out I still wasn’t sure whether I wanted nickel or chrome (current wedges are black and I was looking to change it up). Once there I thought the black and chrome both looked great, but the nickel looked a little better online. Ended up ordering the chrome. FWIW I thought the black ones looked really good in person. Nickel looks ok too, just a little different than I was expecting. 

Agree on the feel. These are really fun to hit. Softer than I remember (haven’t played Vokeys since SM5). Great performers. Did everything I wanted and felt good doing it. These just kicked my sugar daddy twos out of the bag. 

Does the black finish look any different than the sm9 black finish?