Festivus (please no politics)

MikeW2

Frank Costanza Seinfeld GIF by MOODMAN

Been a pretty good year but not perfect and I’d like to take a moment for the “airing of grievances.” The following things or people have aggrieved me this year…

-the guy that jumped in front of me with a full carriage of groceries that cost him almost $300 going through the 20 items or less register because he’s clearly more important than everyone else while I only had one item knowing the 16 year old high school kid isn’t going to stop him

-the driver going 30 mph on a two lane byway with a posted 55 mph speed limit that there are no available passing spots for almost 20 miles and then NOT pulling into the off-ramp lane when they finally got off the highway 

-the Amazon driver that tossed a package clearly marked fragile off his truck into the middle of my driveway instead of walking it up the 6 stairs to my front porch per delivery instructions 

-in my mid 50’s and out of the blue I am now a double sneezer 

-the kid that hit into my group on 5 holes in a row as we stood waiting for the group in front of us because and I quote it was his responsibility to move us along, I’m sure his parents are proud 

-the audio for fiesta trio on Dora the explorer always is horns but none them have a horn instrument 

-driving in Connecticut and coming across stop lights that go left to right with 5 light spots, as a blue green red green deficient color blind person this was quite an obstacle 

I feel better now😂😂😂

-

• Like 4

Ping G425 12* set at the little - with a tour 2.0 65 stiff shaft

Callaway Steelhead III 18* 5W

Callaway Big Bertha Warbird 21* 7W

Ping G30 4-W, U, and S irons 

Ping Tour 60* wedge

Ping Karsten Craz-E putter

Happy Festivus!!!

I got nothing to complain about, family is healthy, woke up this morning and can walk and can still wipe my own butt. 

Happy Festivus GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Callaway full toe 54* PX IO  6.5

Callaway full toe 58* PX IO 6.5

SLED # 1  35.5

1 hour ago, aenemated said:

- The Waffle House near our hotel in Memphis that was CLOSED after our gig. WTF dude, how's a Waffle House gonna be CLOSED? 

- Whatever killed the big beautiful agave plant in my backyard

- USPS for losing the limited run art print I bought from my very talented friend

- The nut that fell off my snare's throwoff rendering it practically useless

- Don McLean is still not dead

Not sure what this McLean guy ever did to you but this last one is pretty extreme even for Festivus.😂

• Haha 1

Ping Tour 60* wedge

On 12/22/2023 at 1:53 PM, MikeW2 said:

Frank Costanza Seinfeld GIF by MOODMAN

Been a pretty good year but not perfect and I’d like to take a moment for the “airing of grievances.” The following things or people have aggrieved me this year…

-the guy that jumped in front of me with a full carriage of groceries that cost him almost $300 going through the 20 items or less register because he’s clearly more important than everyone else while I only had one item knowing the 16 year old high school kid isn’t going to stop him

-the driver going 30 mph on a two lane byway with a posted 55 mph speed limit that there are no available passing spots for almost 20 miles and then NOT pulling into the off-ramp lane when they finally got off the highway 

-the Amazon driver that tossed a package clearly marked fragile off his truck into the middle of my driveway instead of walking it up the 6 stairs to my front porch per delivery instructions 

-in my mid 50’s and out of the blue I am now a double sneezer 

-the kid that hit into my group on 5 holes in a row as we stood waiting for the group in front of us because and I quote it was his responsibility to move us along, I’m sure his parents are proud 

-the audio for fiesta trio on Dora the explorer always is horns but none them have a horn instrument 

-driving in Connecticut and coming across stop lights that go left to right with 5 light spots, as a blue green red green deficient color blind person this was quite an obstacle 

I feel better now😂😂😂

-

You live in America and call a shopping cart a “carriage”??? 

🤣

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, TiScape said:

You live in America and call a shopping cart a “carriage”??? 

🤣

I also occasionally let the word dungarees slip too😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ping Tour 60* wedge

Mine would be to all the old lady’s that are nosey in the grocery store.  I’m forever standing in an isle looking for something and they’ll stop beside me and look at what I’m looking at.  I’ll eventually get frustrated and just leave. And almost 100 % of the time theylll leave too and repeat the procedure on the next isle. .  So I’ve developed a fake out game.  Where I’ll move ; then double back.  🤣.  

also.  Those interstate drivers that push you , you get over to let them go by , and then they get over in front of you and slow down.  Wth is that ?? 

• Like 2

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

19 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Mine would be to all the old lady’s that are nosey in the grocery store.  I’m forever standing in an isle looking for something and they’ll stop beside me and look at what I’m looking at.  I’ll eventually get frustrated and just leave. And almost 100 % of the time theylll leave too and repeat the procedure on the next isle. .  So I’ve developed a fake out game.  Where I’ll move ; then double back.  🤣.  

also.  Those interstate drivers that push you , you get over to let them go by , and then they get over in front of you and slow down.  Wth is that ?? 

Did it ever occur to you that they just want to be next to you because you’re so darn handsome?! 😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TiScape said:

Did it ever occur to you that they just want to be next to you because you’re so darn handsome?! 😉 

No.  And even if that’s the case 🤣.  No means no !!!!!!  😜

• Haha 4

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

What's with the left lane bandits? The left lane is for passing, not cruising. Was heading to TPC Scottsdale on Christmas morning, and the 101 loop has 5 lanes. I was in the right lane with practically zero traffic. Several vehicles were in the far left lane oblivious to the fact that there were four empty lanes to the right of them. For the life of me I can't figure out where these drivers learn this behavior. 

Also, what's with the nutjobs swerving over 4 lanes to exit the freeway from the leftmost lanes? Doesn't everyone pretty much use a navigation app these days? How does one realize that they have to get off the highway 200 yds before the exit and find themselves in the far left lane??? Total, clueless morons. 

Edited by Argonne69
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

2 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

What's with the left lane bandits? The left lane is for passing, not cruising. Was heading to TPC Scottsdale on Christmas morning, and the 101 loop has 5 lanes. I was in the right lane with practically zero traffic. Several vehicles were in the far left lane oblivious to the fact that there were four empty lanes to the right of them. For the life of me I can't figure out where these drivers learn this behavior. 

Also, what's with the nutjobs swerving over 4 lanes to exit the freeway from the leftmost lanes? Doesn't everyone pretty much use a navigation app these days? How does one realize that they have to get off the highway 200 yds before the exit and find themselves in the far left lane??? Total, clueless morons. 

I drive A LOT, usually between 60-70K a year, which probably isn’t as much as you but way more than most people. The amount of idiocy I witness during my travels is mind boggling. If I wanted to list the traffic incidents that have me aggrieved it might be a small novel. Driver’s education is definitely not what it once was.

• Like 4

Ping Tour 60* wedge

39 minutes ago, MikeW2 said:

I drive A LOT, usually between 60-70K a year, which probably isn’t as much as you but way more than most people. The amount of idiocy I witness during my travels is mind boggling. If I wanted to list the traffic incidents that have me aggrieved it might be a small novel. Driver’s education is definitely not what it once was.

Holy smokes! 15,000 miles a year here in SoCal was literally killing me. It’s one of the main reasons I sold my business well before I was ready to retire.

17 hours ago, Nickb333 said:

Holy smokes! 15,000 miles a year here in SoCal was literally killing me. It’s one of the main reasons I sold my business well before I was ready to retire.

Fortunately for me, I truly enjoy driving.

Ping Tour 60* wedge

19 hours ago, MikeW2 said:

Amen. I often wonder what the requirement

is these days to get a DL? Seems to me it’s simply a pulse. Off the top of my head. The number of people that don’t seem to know you can turn right on a red light after stopping is astonishing. Not long ago I was behind a car waiting to do just that and she just sat there waiting for the green for what felt like forever. So she finally turns right on the green and we end up next to each other at a light down the street. I was looking over and she lowered her window. She’s like “what’s up”?! I said quite politely “you know you can turn right on a red after stopping yeah”? She says, “yeah I know”.
🤪 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TiScape said:

is these days to get a DL? Seems to me it’s simply a pulse. Off the top of my head. The number of people that don’t seem to know you can turn right on a red light after stopping is astonishing. Not long ago I was behind a car waiting to do just that and she just sat there waiting for the green for what felt like forever. So she finally turns right on the green and we end up next to each other at a light down the street. I was looking over and she lowered her window. She’s like “what’s up”?! I said quite politely “you know you can turn right on a red after stopping yeah”? She says, “yeah I know”.
🤪

Maybe she was seeking attention since you’re so handsome ? 🤦‍♂️😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

52 minutes ago, TiScape said:

🤪

It’s funny.  Having a 15 year old who’s learning now I can tell you. It’s way more hoops than we had.  They have to have drivers Ed from an acredited instructor.   Plus a certain number of months with a permit before trying for a restricted.      Me personally. I never had a permit or a restricted. I started driving by grandma’s Cadillac to go fishing at age 14.  Her only caveat was I had to put gas in it before I came home.  At 16 I showed up in that same caddy ( 78 Fleetwood ) and got the license first try.  Only gripe the lady giving the test had was that i drove one handed.  I recall saying “ I’m using both. Just not at the same time “. She rolled her eyes and passed me.  She couldn’t fail me. I had just parallel parked a barge , and I’d bet a $100 then that she couldn’t do it.  She did t know that by that time I had been driving big trucks and trailers etc in the fields on the farm.  And down the road and back to the barn a lot.  

just proof that you can’t legislate common sense , experience or safety as far as individuals go.  You can force equipment standards, but taking driving out of parents hands and putting into someone with a $ stake in them passing , isn’t a good thing in my opinion.  I certainly don’t think drivers are better now than when I started.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 minute ago, bladehunter said:

It’s funny.  Having a 15 year old who’s learning now I can tell you. It’s way more hoops than we had.  They have to have drivers Ed from an acredited instructor.   Plus a certain number of months with a permit before trying for a restricted.      Me personally. I never had a permit or a restricted. I started driving by grandma’s Cadillac to go fishing at age 14.  Her only caveat was I had to put gas in it before I came home.  At 16 I showed up in that same caddy ( 78 Fleetwood ) and got the license first try.  Only gripe the lady giving the test had was that i drove one handed.  I recall saying “ I’m using both. Just not at the same time “. She rolled her eyes and passed me.  She couldn’t fail me. I had just parallel parked a barge , and I’d bet a $100 then that she couldn’t do it.  She did t know that by that time I had been driving big trucks and trailers etc in the fields on the farm.  And down the road and back to the barn a lot.  

just proof that you can’t legislate common sense , experience or safety as far as individuals go.  You can force equipment standards, but taking driving out of parents hands and putting into someone with a $ stake in them passing , isn’t a good thing in my opinion.  I certainly don’t think drivers are better now than when I started.  

“You can’t legislate common sense.”

🛎️🛎️  BINGO! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Actually the more I think about it, it’s almost never a young person. It’s people that should know better that are just flat out stupid once behind the wheel of a car or preoccupied with their phones.

• Like 1

Ping Tour 60* wedge

The drivers that believe the rear tires are where you align to the STOP sign. It's about where they need to go and fast. So they stick out a car length and make turning into intersection dangerous.

The golfer who walks from cart to ball (path only days) to get yardage then walks back to grab club.  I despise this. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Nard_S said:

The drivers that believe the rear tires are where you align to the STOP sign. It's about where they need to go and fast. So they stick out a car length and make turning into intersection dangerous.

The golfer who walks from cart to ball (path only days) to get yardage then walks back to grab club.  I despise this. 

The driver that stops 15’ behind the stop sign line in order to go 1st! 😜

I’ll typically go first anyway as I was the one that actually arrived at the stop sign first. Then look at them and mouth ‘yours didn’t count’. 😂 

Edited by TiScape
  • Like 2

People that don't know homophones - your, you're...to, too, two...etc.

A lot is two words unless you mean "to distribute" which is "allot."

On a four way stop people that go when it's not their turn. Also, people who don't go when it is their turn. 

Gophers in my yard

Rain on a golf day, like today!

• Like 2

Drivers who can't seem to keep their trash in their vehicles. Driving to the course pre-dawn this morning I was dodging plastic bags, cans, cups, you name it. Pickup drivers seem to be the biggest culprits, as they toss their trash in the bed and expect it to stay there. 

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

During what will be my last round of 2023 my friend and I were treated to the antics of a guy in the twosome we caught on hole three. Hole three is a par 3 island green. We turned the corner after hole two and saw these guys back at the tips standing on the tee box. We sat back and watched these guys tee off. What they were doing before we arrived I have no clue.

The first guy's shot lands on the green. I was impressed. The second guy's shot neither of us could pick up. We watch the guys ride to the green. The bridge is on the back side of the green. One guy walks across the bridge. The other guy grabs a club and we watch him walk back down the cart path 60 yds to where his ball is right beside the cart path. We watch the guy duff his shot 30 yds into the water. He walks back to the cart and grabs a different club and walks back to the drop area that is 20 yds closer from where hit just duffed his shot from. He is standing in the drop zone and then he heads back to the cart once again. Guess what? He doesn't have a ball. Back to the drop zone once again. We watch him duff his shot right in the pond again. He walks back to the cart again. By this time I am usually blowing my stack watching such idiocy but sometimes you can't believe what you are witnessing so you just have to laugh.

We figured the guy was done but nope. He grabs his ball retriever and walks back down the cart path and heads over to the waters edge to fish his balls out of the pond. He lengthens his ball retriever and he is looking for his balls. Nope there are none to be spotted. Back towards the cart he goes after retracting his ball retriever. I am now at the point if he comes back down the cart path one more time I am going to ride down and kick his butt. lol 

He was done on that side of the water. We watch him walk across the bridge with his ball retriever and he heads over to the waters edge. He lengthens his ball retriever once again and he is standing at the edge looking around. Nope no balls to be found there either. The whole time the other guy is standing on the green waiting for this guy. What a hilarious but sad moment. 

We don't know what happened to these guys. After we played the par 3 we didn't see them ahead of us. They vanished!

• Sad 1