Minnesota wrx's?

whysguy

[quote name='NRJyzr' timestamp='1386018436' post='8238362']
Never used to be a Callaway fan, but I can live with them now. For woods, their irons still don't do it for me.

But Titleist.... ugh. "Let's copy everyone else and market them into thinking they're Players for using our gear"
(yes, that's a caricature, but it's more accurate than folks care to admit)
[/quote]
Played with a guy yesterday that had the new X forged irons and MD2 wedges in his bag. You'd like those. A LOT. Purdy.
I'm the opposite: I've generally not liked the shape of Callaway woods for many years. "Bulbous."

[quote name='winn0040' timestamp='1386015706' post='8238124']
[quote name='NRJyzr' timestamp='1386014095' post='8237950']
[quote name='mr_divots' timestamp='1386006069' post='8237298']
i20 is always reputed to be a low spin monster. Good move, J.

Now tell yer dad to stop goofing around and get that 913D2 he keeps talking about. LOL!
[/quote]

Mike, I thought you [u][b]liked [/b][/u]Al, why would you do that to him?
Friends don't let friends play Titleist :pimp:
[/quote]

Please don't tell me EVERY club in your bag has a swoosh on it, Rory! :taunt:
[/quote]
Watch it buddy!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Never used to be a Callaway fan, but I can live with them now. For woods, their irons still don't do it for me.

But Titleist.... ugh. "Let's copy everyone else and market them into thinking they're Players for using our gear"
[/quote]

Why the distaste for Titleist? Have to say a lot of the top amateur players I know in my area are playing them. Not to mention there are a few pros that got to where they are today playing Titleist only to cave to the all mighty dollar to play something else which I must say hasn't been so good for some. But getting payed millions to play xyz brand you dont have to worry about winning again do you?

Titleist D2 8.5* Rip 70x
Titleist 910F 15* Ahina 82
Cobra 18* Baffler Pro Fujikura Stiff
Titleist 714AP2 3-P DG TI S400
Vokey Spin Milled 56* and 52*
Kombi Mid Counterbalanced 38"

[quote name='mr_divots' timestamp='1386022844' post='8238722']

Played with a guy yesterday that had the new X forged irons and MD2 wedges in his bag. You'd like those. A LOT. Purdy.
I'm the opposite: I've generally not liked the shape of Callaway woods for many years. "Bulbous."
[/quote]
The X forged Irons are actually some I would consider playing They have to be the best looking Irons they've made

Titleist D2 8.5* Rip 70x
Titleist 910F 15* Ahina 82
Cobra 18* Baffler Pro Fujikura Stiff
Titleist 714AP2 3-P DG TI S400
Vokey Spin Milled 56* and 52*
Kombi Mid Counterbalanced 38"

Well I was glad I got out yesterday for my last 15 holes of what's sure to be the next four months. Ugh. Just thinking about it. Ugh.

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='MNNikeGuy' timestamp='1386027848' post='8239134']

Now tell yer dad to stop goofing around and get that 913D2 he keeps talking about. LOL!
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Watch it buddy!
[/quote]

You're an exception.... You got everything anyone could ever want

913D3 8.5* - Elements Chrome 7F5T
BioCell+ 14.5* - VTS Silver TourSPX 8SX
913Hd 18* - KBS Tour X
J40CB 3-P - DG Tour Issue X100
SM5 52F and 58K -DG Tour Issue S400
SC Monterey 1.5 - Blacked Out Pistolero
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1150133-jjensen-a-fresh-start-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='Al.J' timestamp='1386034718' post='8239728']

[/quote]

Why the distaste for Titleist? Have to say a lot of the top amateur players I know in my area are playing them. Not to mention there are a few pros that got to where they are today playing Titleist only to cave to the all mighty dollar to play something else which I must say hasn't been so good for some. But getting payed millions to play xyz brand you dont have to worry about winning again do you?
[/quote]

It's probably the fanboi thing as much as anything. It goes back to the late 90s when I started playing golf. Kept hearing about how great their stuff was. Tried it. Wasn't better than others, it wasn't worse, it just was. Constantly would hear it trumpeted as the best stuff, ever. Blind adoration past the point of reason.

Unreasoning adoration nags at me, I guess. LOL
Maybe it was just the folks I ran in to. <shrug>

MCoz, who posts in the Tour Stuff folder here and there, used to run ball reviews. He was wired with a lot of companies, they would get he and assorted acquaintances of his to check out their stuff, provide feedback. He'd do ball reviews on at least one other forum I frequented. Many of the Maxfli balls would score well. The Titleheads (fanboi crowd) just couldn't stand that, they were so sure the Pro V1 was vastly superior, etc., and he must be a Maxfli shill.

For some reason, they just couldn't wrap their minds around Pro V1 tour usage being tied to endorsements. The same problem TM fanbois seem to have with the driver count. LOL

Mildly related note: I really got a kick out of the 681s. Saw a set on the wall at the course fellow WRXer Kevin Carter was running at the time. I had Palmer Original Standards in my bag. Called Kevin over, direct comparison, they were almost identical. We had a good laugh over that one.

Sorry, this is all over the place, too many interruptions while typing. ;)

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

[quote name='JJensen' timestamp='1386035718' post='8239868']
[quote name='MNNikeGuy' timestamp='1386027848' post='8239134']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Watch it buddy!
[/quote]

You're an exception.... You got everything anyone could ever want
[/quote]
Haha! Just need a game to go with it. ?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='NRJyzr' timestamp='1386043354' post='8240604']

It's probably the fanboi thing as much as anything. It goes back to the late 90s when I started playing golf. Kept hearing about how great their stuff was. Tried it. Wasn't better than others, it wasn't worse, it just was. Constantly would hear it trumpeted as the best stuff, ever. Blind adoration past the point of reason.

MCoz, who posts in the Tour Stuff folder here and there, used to run ball reviews. He was wired with a lot of companies, they would get he and assorted acquaintances of his to check out their stuff, provide feedback. He'd do ball reviews on at least one other forum I frequented. Many of the Maxfli balls would score well. The Titleheads (fanboi crowd) just couldn't stand that, they were so sure the Pro V1 was vastly superior, etc., and he must be a Maxfli shill.

For some reason, they just couldn't wrap their minds around Pro V1 tour usage being tied to endorsements. The same problem TM fanbois seem to have with the driver count. LOL

Mildly related note: I really got a kick out of the 681s. Saw a set on the wall at the course fellow WRXer Kevin Carter was running at the time. I had Palmer Original Standards in my bag. Called Kevin over, direct comparison, they were almost identical. We had a good laugh over that one.

[/quote]

My biggest thing is looks. IMO they have te best looking driver on the US market right now. It's classic yet modern. Very clean looking and sounds/feels great. I20 is a close second, might have been first if they didn't put that stupid alignment aid on it.

913Hd 18* - KBS Tour X
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1150133-jjensen-a-fresh-start-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='JJensen' timestamp='1386050186' post='8240932']

[/quote]

My biggest thing is looks. IMO they have te best looking driver on the US market right now. It's classic yet modern. Very clean looking and sounds/feels great. I20 is a close second, might have been first if they [b]didn't put that stupid alignment aid on it[/b].
[/quote]
Wait... Titleists don't have an alignment aid on them? ;)

[quote name='mr_divots' timestamp='1386090049' post='8242326']

[/quote]

My biggest thing is looks. IMO they have te best looking driver on the US market right now. It's classic yet modern. Very clean looking and sounds/feels great. I20 is a close second, might have been first if they [b]didn't put that stupid alignment aid on it[/b].
[/quote]
[/quote]

I can stand a little one. That ping half moon thing is just too big

913Hd 18* - KBS Tour X

[quote name='JJensen' timestamp='1386093774' post='8242614']

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Wait until you find its actually functional and helpful and that alignment aids are only verboten on internet golf forums. LOL!

[quote name='mr_divots' timestamp='1386094939' post='8242730']

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Wait until you find its actually functional and helpful and that alignment aids are only verboten on internet golf forums. LOL!
[/quote]

Alignment aids are overrated on drivers. Shoot your feet and shoulders mean more. I do like the old school title is 983 alignment aid the best of any driver. Or the R7 little tmag logo.

[quote name='Rob G.' timestamp='1386096109' post='8242836']

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Alignment aids are overrated on drivers. Shoot your feet and shoulders mean more. I do like the old school title is 983 alignment aid the best of any driver. Or the R7 little tmag logo.
[/quote]

I really don't look at it I guess

913Hd 18* - KBS Tour X

[quote name='Rob G.' timestamp='1386096109' post='8242836']

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Guess it depends how you line up your shots. I'm very much about getting my clubhead aimed first, then I take my stance (feet/shoulders) from there.

Rob. I'm working ha 11-8 today. I knew you would miss good irons.

913Hd 18* - KBS Tour X

Comrades,

Well, there goes another year. I hope some of you are fortunate enough within the next four months to get south enough to hit the fairways, but I reckon it will be some time for me.

Joe

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

[quote name='Joe85' timestamp='1386202423' post='8249679']
Comrades,

Well, there goes another year. I hope some of you are fortunate enough within the next four months to get south enough to hit the fairways, but I reckon it will be some time for me.

Joe
[/quote]

Yup. It's gone.... My bag is ready for the first round of next season! All 18 clubs

913Hd 18* - KBS Tour X

Comrades,

Joe
[/quote]

Do you know if Keller will be ready for an april's opening?

Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
Tee CBX119 13, Tee EX10 Beta 18. Hzrdus Yellow
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 Black Oxide
Titleist -ProV1 balls

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1152161-linkerpans-wtib-2015-edition/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='linkerpan' timestamp='1386206914' post='8250003']
Comrades,

Joe
[/quote]

[/quote]

Settle down Marzo! The season just ended!!!

913Hd 18* - KBS Tour X

[quote name='linkerpan' timestamp='1386206914' post='8250003']
Comrades,

Joe
[/quote]

[/quote]It's up in the air ATM. According to their blog:

[quote]
[b] [color=#535353]SUNDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2013[/color][/b]

[b] <a href="http://kellerrenovation.blogspot.com/2013/10/107-update.html" style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(171, 207, 111);">10/7 Update[/b]
[color=#9F9F9F]

[/color][size=4]
[color=#535353]
I haven't had much time for picture-taking so this will be an abbreviated post. The grow-in is going well though we are a bit behind. Holes 13, 18, 12 and the Driving Range were seeded late, up to two weeks outside the optimum seeding window for our location, and our progress going forward will, of course, be very weather dependent. Duininck continues to work on their punchlist, tweaking and repairing a variety of issues that ultimately occur during golf course construction.If all goes as planned they should be off site by the end of October. Keller grounds staff continue to mow, water, fertilize and deal with falling leaves. Pray for a warm October.[/color]
[/size]
[/quote][url="http://kellerrenovation.blogspot.com/"]http://kellerrenovation.blogspot.com/[/url]

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

• 4 weeks later...

Heading to Phoenix area Jan.31-Feb. 3 with a buddy

We want to play golf, but we walso want to attend the WM Open...

Should be a blast Super Bowl weekend and The WM!

Cheap flights right out of Rochester, MN right now

Anyone else wanna jump on board? Save some $?

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke MAX 10.5*  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T24 RAW 52/58 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

[quote name='ladahl' timestamp='1388686894' post='8385497']

[/quote]

Serious consideration for that trip. I just don't know how to sell it to GF after being in out golfing all winter and leaving for Vegas the week after, not including her. Are you staying with friends?

M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Titleist -ProV1 balls

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1152161-linkerpans-wtib-2015-edition/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='linkerpan' timestamp='1388713435' post='8388253']

[/quote]

Serious consideration for that trip. I just don't know how to sell it to GF after being in out golfing all winter and leaving for Vegas the week after, not including her. Are you staying with friends?
[/quote]

No still need to book the room(s) and rental car

If you go, that'll take the cost down a 1/3 :)

Mizuno Fli-Hi #4

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

Dad and I are going to either Inside edge or MGA tomorrow and bulrush sims on Sunday from 1-3.
Lance. That trip sounds incredible. Too bad it's too late for me to request the time off

913Hd 18* - KBS Tour X

[quote name='ladahl' timestamp='1388715043' post='8388399']
[quote name='linkerpan' timestamp='1388713435' post='8388253']

[/quote]

[/quote]

No still need to book the room(s) and rental car

If you go, that'll take the cost down a 1/3 :)
[/quote]

My request for the trip didn't go well, so I have to pass. But Is going to be in the back of my head, just in case.

M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Titleist -ProV1 balls

Don't know if I've ever poked in here, yet?

Usually play as a single, so I'm always up for a round. Won't be anytime soon, granted!

If you've played Gross or Columbia within the last few years, we may have played together. I was the guy telling dirty jokes or regaling you with stories about the super-max prison system, all the while alternating between shots of brilliance and ineptness. If you've been to Lee's Liquor Lounge or the Otter Stop within the last few years, I probably insulted you and hit on your girlfriend. If you shopped at Golf Galaxy in Roseville 10-13 years ago, I fit you for TM 300 Forged irons and reshafted your 983K with a Speeder 757.

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

There's still seats left on both flights 1/31-2/3 fir $98 each way....

So far there's just two of us going...

Escape this frozen tundra!

Mizuno Fli-Hi #4

Sorry, brother.
1) I'm a teacher who is missing two days this week due to cold. Chances of my boss letting me go is about 9%.
2) found out on Christmas that we are expecting our first! No travel money unless I take her on a "baby moon", whatever the hell that is?

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2