Minnesota wrx's?

whysguy

For anyone around SE Minnesota today- The Nike rep is going to be at RIGC today 11-4 for DEMO, etc., and a few of us are planning a visit (hopefully catch a look at the TW driver and some of the counter-balance putters that are delayed release. I know Nike (Eric) and RIGC are planning some fantastic prices on Nike gear durng the event. Afterwards we're planning a quick 18 @ Oak Summit.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke MAX 10.5*  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T24 RAW 52/58 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

OK- So when are we going to have another MN WRX event?

I'd be happy to contact The Jewel again (I know they will get us a great rate).

Dates that work/dont work for guys?

Mizuno Fli-Hi #4

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

The Jewel is in, or near, Lake City.

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

[quote name='Berg1091' timestamp='1433126056' post='11663838']Looks nice! Best course I have played is Giants Ridge in Biwabik where the quarry and the legends is.

Are most members on here from the cities?[/quote]

If you like Giants Ridge you will love The Wilderness@Fortune Bay. It's my favorite and kind of a combination if the 2 Ridge courses.

Titleist D2 8.5* Rip 70x
Titleist 910F 15* Ahina 82
Cobra 18* Baffler Pro Fujikura Stiff
Titleist 714AP2 3-P DG TI S400
Vokey Spin Milled 56* and 52*
Kombi Mid Counterbalanced 38"

[quote name='Al.J' timestamp='1433132009' post='11664274'][quote name='Berg1091' timestamp='1433126056' post='11663838']Looks nice! Best course I have played is Giants Ridge in Biwabik where the quarry and the legends is.

Are most members on here from the cities?[/quote]

If you like Giants Ridge you will love The Wilderness@Fortune Bay. It's my favorite and kind of a combination if the 2 Ridge courses.[/quote]
Have played the Wilderness too. I believe the quarry and wilderness have the same designer. Both great courses. Just beautiful courses. Have never played the legends but plan too some time in the future.
I have only ever had one problem at the quarry and that was with a very loud group of drunk guys that were behind me and my son. While walking off 18th green the girl that cleans your clubs when you finish asked how it was and I told her about the group behind us. When I brought the cart back she apologized for the group and gave me and my son each a free bag tag and said she knew it didn't make up for it but hoped we liked them. Only issue I have ever had there. Don't play it often maybe once or twice a year but play two rounds in the same day each time.

I'd be game for a trek to The Wilderness or the Ridge... My favorite is the Quarry of the three. I score best at the Legends, but the Quarry and Wilderness are both superior IMO

Mizuno Fli-Hi #4

[quote name='ladahl' timestamp='1433158361' post='11664856']
I'd be game for a trek to The Wilderness or the Ridge... My favorite is the Quarry of the three. I score best at the Legends, but the Quarry and Wilderness are both superior IMO
[/quote]

I have yet to play any of the 3. I know, gasp!!!!

Stealth2+ 9 Atmos RWB 6x / MyStealth+ 9 Atmos Blue 6x | Stealth2+ 15, Ventus Red 8x
TI P770 2 | P770 3, P7MC 4-5, P7MB 6-9 / Miura 1957 4-9, $-Taper 125
TI MG3 46, 50, 54, $-Taper 125 | TI MG3 58 / HT 58, KBS Tour 120 SS
Mann Mini / Cameron CT, MC Smooth | TP5x | My WITB Thread

I didn't care all that much for the Quarry, compared to the Legend course. I liked the Wilderness course best of the three.

It's not like score was a determining factor, I more or less sucked at all three (played during a single weekend trip). LOL

Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

I think it really depends on how many people we could get together and where everyone is coming from on why course we could play for a MNWRX outing.
I mean if most of the members are from the cities we should shy towards the cities for the most attendance of members or vice versa. Jewel looks nice but that's about a 3-4 hour drive for me and I live near Duluth so anyone north of me add even more drive time.
Maybe a course just north of the cities? What does everyone think?
So we can get the most people to attend.

[quote name='Berg1091' timestamp='1433183719' post='11667930']I think it really depends on how many people we could get together and where everyone is coming from on why course we could play for a MNWRX outing.
I mean if most of the members are from the cities we should shy towards the cities for the most attendance of members or vice versa. Jewel looks nice but that's about a 3-4 hour drive for me and I live near Duluth so anyone north of me add even more drive time.
So we can get the most people to attend.[/quote]

The Jewel is worth the drive. Make a weekend out of it, spouse shops I golf we're both happy. Lots of great courses in the metro area or nearby to play. I have family in Hudson and Chaska so I make regular trips down to play with fellow wrxers

Titleist D2 8.5* Rip 70x

[quote name='Al.J' timestamp='1433346014' post='11681958']
[quote name='Berg1091' timestamp='1433183719' post='11667930']I think it really depends on how many people we could get together and where everyone is coming from on why course we could play for a MNWRX outing.
So we can get the most people to attend.[/quote]

The Jewel is worth the drive. Make a weekend out of it, spouse shops I golf we're both happy. Lots of great courses in the metro area or nearby to play. I have family in Hudson and Chaska so I make regular trips down to play with fellow wrxers
[/quote]
I'd make the trip down to the jewel forsure. Al make sure to let me know when you come to town again, I wouldn't mind tee it up with you again.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='Berg1091' timestamp='1433384737' post='11686094']
No need to sell me! Lol I'm game as long as the misses lets me and I can afford it. I would love to show you guys how bad I really am at golf! Sometimes in goof off rounds I swear I'm that guys from the usps commercial! "Don't count that!"
[/quote]

Those are the rounds where you go and just have fun. Play to hit shots well and don't worry much about the score. A lot of times that's what I do. I play enough rounds over the course of the year where I have to be meticulous about what I'm doing and keep my concentration. At a "get together" like we're talking about here, especially at a course that I've never played, I'm in it to have a good time and enjoy the day regardless of how things add up in the end. Of course I say that now, on the day in question, that could easily change. LOL

That said, I'm in. Sounds like fun. Anybody in the North Metro playing Friday? I've been considering skipping out of work a few hours early and hitting the links.

Stealth2+ 9 Atmos RWB 6x / MyStealth+ 9 Atmos Blue 6x | Stealth2+ 15, Ventus Red 8x

[quote name='rebby' timestamp='1433387741' post='11686342']
[quote name='Berg1091' timestamp='1433384737' post='11686094']
No need to sell me! Lol I'm game as long as the misses lets me and I can afford it. I would love to show you guys how bad I really am at golf! Sometimes in goof off rounds I swear I'm that guys from the usps commercial! "Don't count that!"
[/quote]

Those are the rounds where you go and just have fun. Play to hit shots well and don't worry much about the score. A lot of times that's what I do. I play enough rounds over the course of the year where I have to be meticulous about what I'm doing and keep my concentration. At a "get together" like we're talking about here, especially at a course that I've never played, I'm in it to have a good time and enjoy the day regardless of how things add up in the end. Of course I say that now, on the day in question, that could easily change. LOL

That said, I'm in. Sounds like fun. Anybody in the North Metro playing Friday? I've been considering skipping out of work a few hours early and hitting the links.
[/quote]
I live out at Northfork as well as a member. I'm supposed to go up north this weekend, but maybe we can work something out. Shoot me a PM tomorrow.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

I'm heading to the "range" this weekend for my nephew's b-day, but am hoping to sneak out once to Quarry.

Rebby- next time youre in Roch for appointments, let's make it work....

Mizuno Fli-Hi #4

[quote name='ladahl' timestamp='1433413563' post='11687230']
I'm heading to the "range" this weekend for my nephew's b-day, but am hoping to sneak out once to Quarry.

Rebby- next time youre in Roch for appointments, let's make it work....
[/quote]

Appointment days are bad for golf as they're usually all-day affairs, they keep us very busy. I'm up for another day though. Fridays are usually pretty slow for me. Maybe one of these upcoming Fridays I can swing down and we can meet somewhere in the middle?

Played Thursday Friday with Linkerpan and Friday Saturday with Winn0040. Thursday at Tanners, Fri at Eagle Valley, and Sat at Oak Marsh. Good times always enjoy playing with wrxers.

Titleist D2 8.5* Rip 70x

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Al.J' timestamp='1433711349' post='11707004']Played Thursday Friday with Linkerpan and Friday Saturday with Winn0040. Thursday at Tanners, Fri at Eagle Valley, and Sat at Oak Marsh. Good times always enjoy playing with wrxers.[/quote]

Let me know when you go back to tanners! I live 10 min from there! Played there Wednesday!

Keller. Most legendary public course of the State, if not the Upper Midwest, in my opinion.

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

I couldn't speak to the best deals, as I largely play one place these days.

Been playing Pheasant Acres. Have met a fair number of dudes playing there, we continued to stick around, as they haven't thrown us out yet. ;)

Not the most difficult course in the world, but as the trees keep growing, it gets a bit tougher each year. Those areas where you could spray it in between holes and just fly over the top of everything ten years ago aren't so easy to navigate anymore. And the greens are interesting enough, even for someone who plays there often. :)

Not terribly long, but back tees of 6500 yds at par 71 is alright.

[quote name='Joe85' timestamp='1436472347' post='11918584']
Keller. Most legendary public course of the State, if not the Upper Midwest, in my opinion.
[/quote]

I've heard the conditions still haven't recovered since the remodel. Pretty good shape right now? I was shocked to hear that since the growing conditions are pretty much optimal so far this year.

[quote name='NRJyzr' timestamp='1436475209' post='11918854']
I couldn't speak to the best deals, as I largely play one place these days.

Been playing Pheasant Acres. Have met a fair number of dudes playing there, we continued to stick around, as they haven't thrown us out yet. ;)

Not the most difficult course in the world, but as the trees keep growing, it gets a bit tougher each year. Those areas where you could spray it in between holes and just fly over the top of everything ten years ago aren't so easy to navigate anymore. And the greens are interesting enough, even for someone who plays there often. :)

Not terribly long, but back tees of 6500 yds at par 71 is alright.
[/quote]

I'll have to check that out. Looks like a fun course to get a game going on.