# Players CB with progressive offset

# Tapered sole design for versatility in shot making

# Trailing edge relief for better performance from a variety of lies

# Rifle Project X flighted shaft

# Golf Pride Tour Velvet Grip

# Available right hand only

POCKET CAVITY:

# Premium forged 1020 mild carbon steel

# Deep CG enhanced by Pocket Cavity results in maximum forgiveness (Higher MOI)

# Thicker top line and sole inspires confidence

# Tapered sole design for versatility in shot making

# Trailing edge relief for better performance from a variety of lies

# Rifle Project X flighted shaft

# Golf Pride Tour Velvet Grip

# Available right hand only

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just switched from Mizuno MX25s to the J36 PCs. I had the MX25s custom made with DGR300 shafts to help keep the ball flight down a bit. I just wanted to get it a fraction lower and get a lighter shaft to help bring up the swing speed a bit. Driver SS-95-100

I tried the AP2, TM TPs, Burner tours, and the J36 CB and PC with various shaft combos. I ended up really liking the solid feel of the J36s and they launched lower than all the others. A set came up on fleabay really cheap so whammo

The ball flight has come down a bit and the clubs are about half to one club longer than the MX25s. The set up feels really solid. Even with the lighter shafts the clubs still feel pretty heavy I gather that they are D3 which is not what I would have gone for if I had been going by the numbers.... all I can say is they are longer and feel better.

They are certainly prettier to look at from the top and along the sole. The back could have done without the J36 in the dodgy lettering and the blue and black stripes but you don't think about that when you are admiring the ball flight. They are chattering up very quickly but I refuse to use Iron head covers- thats for freaks that wash their cars every week.

Anyway- I am a very happy man. These clubs do the job very nicely.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just curious but has anyone else found these dig a bit??? I play on conditions that are normally firm (semi-arid). I don't normally dig with my irons but it is my tendency on misses. It just seems I hit more than my fair share of fat shots with these....

Thanks,

Ken

Hmm...Today the bag will be...<br /><br />Cobra F9 or Ping 400 LST<br /><br />F9 w/ HZRD Yellow or 16* 3446-f-Matrix 8M2<br /><br />Cobra Baffler w/ HZRD<br /><br />Machine M2A Long Neck SS Copper Insert Hand Peened<br /><br />Mizuno MP-55 & MP-5 w/ SF 110 CW<br /><br />SRIXON 765/965 5-PW w SF i95 Stiff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My name is "Chileguy" and I'm a golfaholic :russian_roulette: I was playing the Mizuno MP57's with Rifle Project X 6.0 and they were fine. My fourth set of Mizuno's. I also play the MP 30 and 33 models (not much) and the MX23's in the winter. But these J36's were on sale for $400 off, $399 at my favorite store and it was a close out last set, so I couldn't resist. They came with Rifle "Flighted" 5.5's "as is." Off the launch monitor with impact tape, I was nailing them every time, so I went for the discount and bought them without permission. In answer to a post above, once on the range I did find them to dig a bit, but I thought it was my swing which is a bit flat. They stopped digging when I had them adjusted 1 degree flat. They felt as good as the 57's, better on pure hits, and a bit longer especially in the 4 and 5 irons, (I don't hit them far 190 and 180 respectively). Moving to the Project X flighted, I felt that my normal trajectory was too high, so, I tinkered again, strengthened the loft 2 degrees in the six through nine and I feel these are the best purest feeling irons I have ever hit! Sorry Mizuno! Long, beautiful trajectory, great feeling and surprisingly forgiving! They are as forgiving as my "forgiveness" irons the MX23's and every bit as long. Amazingly workable, I am a fan of the Pocket Cavity designs having had my 23's for nearly 5 years. For some reason the ones I liked the most Titleist model (AP2???), I am unable to put enough of a good swing on, and the other manufacturer models look kind of "gimmicky" to me, so I was looking hard at the MP52's at $799 3/w, when up popped the devil with $400 off. I didn't need another set of clubs, and I don't answer any questions justifying golf club purchases. I really feel this was a good deal (I'm sure a real shopper could have done better) but I am happy. To me they are very pretty clubs, but I always think that about clubs I play well.

The Chile Guy

Has anyone tried these with DGS300 shafts? What project X shaft is comparable to the DGS300 5.5, 6.0 flighted or not? Don't really know about project X shaft, I have always played DGS300 shafts. How is the combo set in these work out? Loooking at these and Mizuno MP 57, MP52 and MP 62, do these really feel better? Are they worth a try?

Rogue 10.5* GDIZ 55s
Rogue 17* GDIZ 75s
Titleist H1 3H GDDI 85s
PXG GEN6 0311P 5-GW Aerotech SteelFiber Private Reserve 110S
Vokey SM6 54-S, 58-M NS Pro Modus 105S
Toulon Austin Stroke Lab 34" Putter Pistol Grip

Chrome Soft/ProV1 

From what I've read on this site is, the S300 is closest to the 5.5. I don't know if its closer to the flighted or non-flighted, but I do believe the flighted gives you a slightly higher launch angle than the S300's although they should not balloon.

I went from regular old Rifle 6.0's to Project X 6.0's, flighted in my J36's. I will be going to UPS to pick them up today and can't wait. I got the combo built to my specs as you'll see in my signauture at the bottom.

I went from MP-33's that I've been playing for about 7 years. I'll post a review once I get a chance to take them out, hopefully before the weekend.

Mizuno st190 9.5* Kuro Kage 60 stiff
TEE CBX 15* Kuro Kage 70 stiff
Titleist 910h 19* Kuro Kage 80 stiff
Mizuno MP-18 FliHi 3-5  MP-18 SC 6-pm,  +.5",  KBS C-Taper R
Titleist SM7 Raw 50*, 54*, 58*, KBS 610 Wedge 110
Bettinardi SS16, SS Slim 3.0

What is the offset value for the J36 Cavity Back Irons? I want to compare the specs to the MP52, MP57 and MP62. The Bridgestone website has the offset values in mm. Anyone have them so I can compare the offset value. Thanks. Only need 5-PW.

Rogue 10.5* GDIZ 55s
Rogue 17* GDIZ 75s
Titleist H1 3H GDDI 85s

Chrome Soft/ProV1 

FYI, I am comming from MP-33's with Rifle 6.0 shafts.

First of all, the clubs look clean comming right out of the box. Nice lines, thin top line in Blades and CB's, a little thicker on the PC's, but definitely clean lines.

I got them with Projext X Flighted 6.0's and could not be happier. The flight is differnt with the ball getting up quicker, but then flattening out. I read the other posts and didn't understand, but do now. I would say these clubs are easier 1/2 club longer, probably closer to a club. That will take some getting use to.

There isn't as much feedback compared to the 33's, but then again these aren't old muscleback blades. They are more forgiving and have an excellent solid feel through impact. As others have said, they seem to have a sharper leading edge and will dig. I have a fairly upright swing, but tend to sweep off bermuda here in Texas, so for me, it's not a big deal.

All in all, I couldn't be happier. These clubs are so underrated it's funny, and they are much more affordable compared to Titleist, Taylor Made, or any of those other companies.

Anyone looking for a new set of irons should give these a chance. Pick the right combo for you and you'll love them.

Good job Bridgestone, I'm waiting for your new driver.

Mizuno st190 9.5* Kuro Kage 60 stiff
TEE CBX 15* Kuro Kage 70 stiff
Titleist 910h 19* Kuro Kage 80 stiff
Mizuno MP-18 FliHi 3-5  MP-18 SC 6-pm,  +.5",  KBS C-Taper R
Titleist SM7 Raw 50*, 54*, 58*, KBS 610 Wedge 110
Bettinardi SS16, SS Slim 3.0

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone tried these with DGS300 shafts? What project X shaft is comparable to the DGS300 5.5, 6.0 flighted or not? Don't really know about project X shaft, I have always played DGS300 shafts. How is the combo set in these work out? Loooking at these and Mizuno MP 57, MP52 and MP 62, do these really feel better? Are they worth a try?

From my experience and what I've heard others say; if you've always played DG's and go to Project X, you'll either love them or hate them. Demo before you buy...trust me.

i was wondering what you thought the handicap range was for the CB's. i am a 6 handicap and was wondering if these were too much club for me to handle. i am currently playing the Mz Mp-57' and was wondering how they compare? thanks

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

I must agree with with chilliguy, I too have played and will still game mizuno

irons, but I also picked up a new set of J36 combo irons for $400.00, And

these irons are as buttery and a tad longer, I now feel that I have the best

of the two, with keeping two sets. My wife is very understanding, she

has never questioned my purchases.

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

I have had the j36 blades for 7 months. Switched from ping s59's and I don't think I will ever regret it. I hit a lot of mizunos, titleists, x proto's and so many blades, but these, scratched me where I itched. They attract attention, but they feel soooooo good. You can manipulate a shot however you would like. They are a perfect piece of artwork and engineering. I love them. The proj x 6.0 shaft is a stellar shaft. Makes the whole club feel solid and like it can handle anything. They can make a ball stop on a dime even with a long iron, or if you like, you can have it roll out, but at least the option is there unlike a lot of clubs. I would recommend these to anyone, but, if everyone had them, they wouldnt be as rare and unique. I love how people just admire them, they are gorgeous. perfect in everyway. A+ Bridgestone did this right.

• 2 weeks later...

5 from me and I am not surprised to see the overwhelming number of votes of 5 stars.

I ordered these clubs through TGW and Bridgestone delivered them EXACTLY to my specs. Standard length and loft, +2 upright, S300 shafts (for no upcharge, I may add), Bridgestone logo'd Tour Velvet Cord grips with the logo down. Super beautiful. They look great in the bag and feel wonderful to swing.

I got 8,9,PW blade, 5,6,7 cavity back and 3,4 pocket cavity. I think this is the best combo of irons. The short irons are precise and actually very forgiving for a blade, while the cavity backs are as workable as a blade (as well as looking just like a muscleback blade at address) but with 10x more forgiveness. Mis-hit shots feel good, although you can tell that you missed it, and the results are 99% as good as if you caught it perfectly. They are almost on autopilot. The long irons in the pocket cavity are great; I hit 4 greens in a row with my 4 iron today, which has got to be a record, as I don't remember the last time I hit a green with a 4 iron, period. They have a bit thicker topline and a small amount of offset, but this provides nothing but a big added confidence boost because I know I can swing away and I'm going to get a nice ballflight. The pocket cavities are especially forgiving; Thin and toed shots still get up in the air and go the distance.

I am a 12.5 hcp and just played 36 holes at Gold Mountain in Washington today. I hit more GIR with these irons than I ever have at a course away from home before. I shot 84 and 89 respectively, which is awesome as I have never broken 90 at an away course and I did it twice in one day. I am extremely satisfied with my custom order from Bridgestone (again, they nailed it) and would have to say these are some of the best underrated irons for sale today.

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

got my set last week love the feel, extremely solid, bridgestone did an excelent job building my set to my specs.

3-4 pocket, 5-7 cavity, and 8-PW blade. project x 5.5 flighted, d2 swing weight, 2 deg flat, and tour velvet full cords.

amazingly I hit these irons a tad futher than my cleveland TA-5s, which have stronger lofts than the J36s

I'm a 9 hcp but putt like a 18 hcp.

played first round today with the new irons and shot my best round this year a 77 :rolleyes: , but I putted extremely well, had 33 putts compared to my usual 37-40 putts.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a set of these a couple of weeks ago. Played 2 rounds and have had some range sessions.

My set up is 4 - 5 PC, 6 - 8 CB, 9 - PW MB. PX 6.0 flighted. I also added 3 WC wedges. Lofts on all have been strengthen 1 degree. Trying to lower my ball flight.

Absolutely LOVE these clubs. If you want a Forged set that is user friendly, look no further. Hitting beautiful draws and cuts at will. Couldn't do that so well with my Pings.

The PC irons feel noticeably different (muted) but still way better than my I10s for feel. Hit some amazing shots, covering the flag from 180, 200 out. Very easy to hit.

The scoring irons are terrific for shot shaping/flighting and chipping.

I am a 3 handicap, but would recommend these irons to anyone who wants to get something that feels great without punishing mediocre swings.

The WC wedges are very good too. Not forged but feel very good and the grinds are fantastic (to me).

Just an addendum to my Feb 24 post. After more than a dozen rounds, I am more impressed than ever with the Pocket Cavity J36's. I thought these were as forgiving a club as they make, but I more convinced now than ever. I play with a friend who is a +2 handicap (former Cobra rep) and plays Cleveland Tour Action irons and he was very impressed with the feel and forgiveness when he hit mine. He also said they were about half a club longer than the Clevelands. He said the coolest thing about them is that they just look so cool. He didn't even think they had the pocket cavity until he looked at them closely. The only reason for adding this post is that I am an 8 index (have been for the last 200 years) but tee to green I play okay, losing most of my shots on the carpet or around it. This is in reponse to those trying to match handicap to clubs. I dunno...they look fantastic, they feel good, they forgive and they go pretty far. My Cleveland Iron friend was mad when he found out that I got the $399 closeout deal because he can't find that deal anywhere. I have the 5.5 Project X flighted and he said he would need a 6.0 or more to get th most out of it for him. It's a shame he said that really these clubs are way underrated by golf retailers who focus on the Callaway, Taylor Made, Nike and Ping lines for average Joes, and Titleist and Mizuno in "Players Club" categories. In his opinion these rank right up there with some of the best irons ever made, forged or not, "players club" or not. My opinion too.

The Chile Guy

I don't have these irons, but just saw the free wedge, hybrid, or stand bag with a purchase. Thought it might help out someone if your on the fence with these.

http://bridgestonegolf.com/en/promo/j36irons.aspx

I HATE YOU!!! LOL

I almost made it to summer without buying another set of irons and you had to go and tell me about this wonderful little offer. J36 CB's will be in the bag tomorrow(3-P). Specs will be Project X 6.5 hard stepped to a 6.8(Bridgestone doesn't offer 7.0's) +1", not sure if I'm going 2 or 3* upright yet...the board will tell the tale.

(Ended up only 1* upright)

Hybrid or Bag...what to do?!?!?!

Callaway Epic Max LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 6 X
TaylorMade SIM2 15* & 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 7 & 8 X

Srixon ZX7 4-AW Mitsubishi MMT 105 TX

Mizuno T20 Raw 57/11@56 & 61/07@60 Mitsubishi MMT Scoring Wedge 105 TX

Evnroll ER 2.2 MidBlade Mitsubishi MMT Putter Concept 135
Titleist Pro V1x #13

:clapping:

A definite 5 for me.

Made the switch to J36 blades 4-P and picked up a 3i Pocket Cavity.

For my game, these clubs are perfect. Had them bent 3* strong and added some lead tape to get the swingweight up to D4 and these babies are pure gold in my bag.

I've hit more great approach shots in the past 6 rounds with these than I hit all last summer with my other sets (25+ rounds). When I get dialed in with these, it's an expereince like I've never had before golfing. 11 out of 12 approach shots last weekend were within 15 feet of the flag, 9 were within 10 feet and 6 were within 5 feet. Pretty easy to shoot below par with those numbers.

Play PX 6.0 flighted in mine and although I never tried the flighted shafts, they are also a great match for my game.

I really like the j33b's I hit last year (a friends set), so I took the plunge. One of the better golfing equipment decisions I've made in a while.

I know blades have a stigma attached to them about being "unforgiving", but these blades are great for my game. My misses are usually thin and this set keeps the ball on line and the distance is very similar as well, just a much flatter trajectory.

If I'm playing a tight course, I usually use my 3i off the tee and its 220-225 down the middle consistently.

Can't recommend these clubs enough. Bridgestone quality is also top notch as well. Now I see why they are so big overseas (Tourstage).

AI Smoke Triple Diamond 

HiBore 2w “Unicorn”

G410 3w & 3h

Currently testing the rest 🙂 

Went out yesterday with my new irons for the first time---J36 Bridgestone irons-4-6 PC, 7-PW CB, with PX 6.0 flighted shafts. These are by far the best irons I have ever hit. The look at address, trajectory, forgiveness and workability of these irons are fantastic. I can't say enough about the performance of these irons. I recommend to anyone on this web site to try these before you decide on any other iron. It took me 6 months of demoing and a lot of hours to finally find these babies!!! I am surprised more people aren't using them, I know they are more common amongst amatuers in Japan, but holy crap these are awesome. (did I say that already?)

Rogue 10.5* GDIZ 55s
Rogue 17* GDIZ 75s
Titleist H1 3H GDDI 85s

Chrome Soft/ProV1