Golf Style things that annoy you

Wow....

I happen to own none of those items mentioned above though I feel very blessed to have yet another fashion expert here at this site...

Why dont you just suggest everyone sport the same attire you do? Oh wait, mindless followers and all...

Because I don't care whether people dress like me, that is just a straw man argument you made up. I'm simply explaining why most people dress the way they do.

Clearly you do or you wouldnt have gone off on some bizarre rant regarding what is and what isnt acceptable fashion- according to you of course...

You've heard "to each his own" right? I kinda think those are good words to live by regarding things like this- dont you agree?

Straw man what? ???

I do take into consideration that people do things without thinking about them much, that is what I'm talking about when I say "mindlessless follower", it's not necessarily much of a bad thing, although it can be in the wrong circumstances.

I repect your Italian v-neck tee shirt wearing tradition don marrrk. Although I must ask if a faded marinara stain is optional or mandatory.

So you didn't actually select the pink shirt in 1990, but it is still pretty amazing that you had one. Out of all the colors of shirts at Pine Valley why do you think your dad selected a pink one for you? Was it random? Men wear pink shirts and white belts for one main reason today, because it makes them stand out from the norm, and because they think they will get credit for being 'fashionable' by wearing it. Now what would motivate a person to want to get attention and be 'fashionable'? This is wear people become uncomfortable with the truth. I don't desire to make anyone feel bad but I am not going to pretend things that are true aren't true for their benefit either.

You should consider sunscreen for your neck.

With the judgemental thing, what you're saying has a nice sentiment, but I am like 15 steps ahead of you there. You see you are confusing being judgemental with making final prejudgements. There is nothing wrong with making judgements, as a matter of fact it's a great thing, and as humans it is impossible not to. However, there is something wrong with not being flexible in those judgements and unable to change your mind with new information, that is all you are talking about there. Which I of course agree with and have never said anything otherwise.

If you have never really thought about why you or other people like certain things like clothes in this case, then maybe you should if you want to have a well backed up confident argument on the matter. People wore wigs in the 18th century, like George Washington for example. Would you wear a long grey wig today? Would you have in 1785? Is that suitable golf attire on an upscale course?

Again, wow- Thanks for taking the pulse of an entire species and telling us why certain people sport certain colors. It must ALL be true 'cause you say it is... :russian_roulette:

Billy Baroo 2, with that sort of attitude people are going to think you're a douchebag no matter what you wear.

+1.. but he's probably already figured that out and has now resorted to being the online fashion police.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

Wow....

I happen to own none of those items mentioned above though I feel very blessed to have yet another fashion expert here at this site...

Why dont you just suggest everyone sport the same attire you do? Oh wait, mindless followers and all...

Because I don't care whether people dress like me, that is just a straw man argument you made up. I'm simply explaining why most people dress the way they do.

Clearly you do or you wouldnt have gone off on some bizarre rant regarding what is and what isnt acceptable fashion- according to you of course...

You've heard "to each his own" right? I kinda think those are good words to live by regarding things like this- dont you agree?

Straw man what? ???

Straw man. As in see how he makes his own reality with regards to why people make their fashion choices, then he proceeds to explain why they are wrong? That is a straw man argument. He then accuses you have making a straw man argument. As if you're somehow misquoting him, or maybe putting words into his mouth. However from his statements its clear you have a firm grasp on the context of his post.

As for Billy Baroo 2 - Wow, overgeneralize much?

Since golf style seems to be heading back to the 80's maybe I can break out my huge western belt buckle and the belt with my name felted on the back from back in the day. Throw in a Shingo Katayama potato chip cowboy hat and I'd be styling! What do you think? The buckle could also double as a plate when I wanted to eat my lunch on the 10th tee.

I think some of you are getting a bit carried away with this stuff. If you wanna go with the poser/copier thing, I think we are all guilty of it. I don't think anyone is really all that original, lets be honest someone, somewhere started the trends we follow. I would just say some people go a little further than others. Personally, I agree with a lot of you though, but I just don't care enough to let it bother me. I don't agree with the polyester comments, if it keeps me cool while I am walking 18 on a 95 degree day, sign me up.

Wow....

Can you answer this question, what did you wear the last time you played? I'm sure it's not the exact same thing you wore when you first started playing. And in your everyday life what do you wear? Is it the same thing that you wore in 1985?

• 4 weeks later...
Where do I start?

3238225496-golf-bmw-pga-championship-wentworth.jpg

The BEST dresser on tour if you ask me.

Yeah she's hot!

Titleist TSr3 9º AD-DI 6x
Titleist TSr3 15º AD-DI 7x

Titleist TSi2 19º AD-DI 95x

T100 4-AW PX 6.0

SM10 56-12º D Modus 125 wedge

SM10 60-12º D Modus 125 wedge

Spider tour

"I still wear full spikes so people know when I show up to the course, I am there to ball out."-Bigmea

Wow....

Can you answer this question, what did you wear the last time you played? I'm sure it's not the exact same thing you wore when you first started playing. And in your everyday life what do you wear? Is it the same thing that you wore in 1985?

I shite u not, on Wednesday I played behind two foursomes of 50ish fellows that all sported the khaki short and white polo's look. I was joined by a younger mid 20ish kid whom I asked/ instructed to shoot me if I ever look like that. They had to have called each other pre-round and talked outfits!

Titleist TSr3 9º AD-DI 6x
Titleist TSr3 15º AD-DI 7x

Titleist TSi2 19º AD-DI 95x

T100 4-AW PX 6.0

SM10 56-12º D Modus 125 wedge

SM10 60-12º D Modus 125 wedge

Spider tour

"I still wear full spikes so people know when I show up to the course, I am there to ball out."-Bigmea

I do take into consideration that people do things without thinking about them much, that is what I'm talking about when I say "mindlessless follower", it's not necessarily much of a bad thing, although it can be in the wrong circumstances.

I repect your Italian v-neck tee shirt wearing tradition don marrrk. Although I must ask if a faded marinara stain is optional or mandatory.

So you didn't actually select the pink shirt in 1990, but it is still pretty amazing that you had one. Out of all the colors of shirts at Pine Valley why do you think your dad selected a pink one for you? Was it random? Men wear pink shirts and white belts for one main reason today, because it makes them stand out from the norm, and because they think they will get credit for being 'fashionable' by wearing it. Now what would motivate a person to want to get attention and be 'fashionable'? This is wear people become uncomfortable with the truth. I don't desire to make anyone feel bad but I am not going to pretend things that are true aren't true for their benefit either.

With the judgemental thing, what you're saying has a nice sentiment, but I am like 15 steps ahead of you there. You see you are confusing being judgemental with making final prejudgements. There is nothing wrong with making judgements, as a matter of fact it's a great thing, and as humans it is impossible not to. However, there is something wrong with not being flexible in those judgements and unable to change your mind with new information, that is all you are talking about there. Which I of course agree with and have never said anything otherwise.

If you have never really thought about why you or other people like certain things like clothes in this case, then maybe you should if you want to have a well backed up confident argument on the matter. People wore wigs in the 18th century, like George Washington for example. Would you wear a long grey wig today? Would you have in 1785? Is that suitable golf attire on an upscale course?

What is a "judgement?" black%20eye.gif How can you possibly play golf when you are so busy "judgeing" your fellow competitors?

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

Judgemental people annoy me. Guys that look you up and down to inspect your attire before letting you join them annoy me. People who talk about other people as if they stand on a pedestal and look down to critique passerbys. I don't care what people wear. Just respect the game, play it with integrity and display good etiquette. Remember this is a gentleman's game and what you wear does not make you a gentleman, it's how you conduct yourself.

Wow....

I wear clothes that don't scream "I'm a poser trying really hard to be cool and get attention." I didn't wear ridiculous plaid pants back in the 80s just like a don't wear oversized white belts and pink shirts with popped collars today.

What is a "judgement?" black%20eye.gif How can you possibly play golf when you are so busy "judgeing" your fellow competitors?

You really got me with that one.... :rolleyes: . Telling me not to judge while your judging my insignificant spelling error.

Judgemental people annoy me. Guys that look you up and down to inspect your attire before letting you join them annoy me. People who talk about other people as if they stand on a pedestal and look down to critique passerbys. I don't care what people wear. Just respect the game, play it with integrity and display good etiquette. Remember this is a gentleman's game and what you wear does not make you a gentleman, it's how you conduct yourself.

So you wouldn't judge a person if they showed up at the first tee wearing a tank top with spandex pants and one of those hats that claps when you pull the string? You wouldn't make any judgements about him until you see how he conducts himself?

Did you not read my post about why there is nothing automatically wrong with judging people. It doesn't necessarily mean you are putting yourself on a pedestal or that you are inflexible about it.

Btw, this guy put an e in there too mr. hills, give him hell haha.

I don't mind the popped collard. I do it especially on sunny days to prevent a nasty sunburn on the neck. Works great and actually tends to keep me a tad cooler, temperature wise that is.

9* Taylor Made 2016 M1 430 Aldila Rogue MAX
[size=4]15* and 19* TaylorMade 2016 M1 [/size]Kuro Kage TiNi Silver 70
[size=4]19* Titleist 818 h2 Diamana D+ 90[/size]
[size=4]4-PW MP64 KBS C Taper
52*, 56*, 60* Cleveland 588 Tour Action DG S400[/size]
34" Scotty Cameron Seleect Newport M1 350g
34" Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 350g
[size=4]34" Scotty Cameron Studio Style 2.5 330g
34" Odyssey Works Versa V Line 350g[/size]

this thread is the epitome of why people think golfers are douchebags. at least when i step on to a basketball court, im not worried about a-holes judging me on my costco shorts or my plain white tees. not to mention the regular running shoes i play in! HERESY!

You're confused and have it all backwards. Nobody has a problem with a costco golf outfit. We have a problem (by problem I mean just think it's pretentious, not an actual problem) with the equivalent of someone showing up to a pickup basketball game wearing full Lakers warmup pants and shirt, then stripping down into a personalized official Lakers jersey tucked into official Lakers shorts with Kobe Bryant shoes and Lakers socks, matching Lakers forearm bands and a Lakers headbands. We're just saying that guy's a pretentious poser who takes himself too seriously. Do you disagree with that?

I don't mind the popped collard. I do it especially on sunny days to prevent a nasty sunburn on the neck. Works great and actually tends to keep me a tad cooler, temperature wise that is.

You could just put a little sunscreen on your neck. But if you actually do pop your collar for the shade there is obviously nothing wrong with that, but you must understand that most people popping their collar are doing it for entirely different reasons.

this thread is the epitome of why people think golfers are douchebags. at least when i step on to a basketball court, im not worried about a-holes judging me on my costco shorts or my plain white tees. not to mention the regular running shoes i play in! HERESY!

You're confused and have it all backwards. Nobody has a problem with a costco golf outfit. We have a problem (by problem I mean just think it's pretentious, not an actual problem) with the equivalent of someone showing up to a pickup basketball game wearing full Lakers warmup pants and shirt, then stripping down into a personalized official Lakers jersey tucked into official Lakers shorts with Kobe Bryant shoes and Lakers socks, matching Lakers forearm bands and a Lakers headbands. We're just saying that guy's a pretentious poser who takes himself too seriously. Do you disagree with that?

As long as a player is not violating the dress code at that particular course, I could care less what someone else wears.

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

Wow... some people in this thread are complete losers - especially Matt652 and Billy Baroo who don't understand the concept of fashion and style. I bet both of you turn up to your golf club dressed in black chinos, black shoes, black buckle belt and a solid white polo shirt, just shows how boring and un-charismatic both of you are. All juniors at my golf club dress with some sort of style, whether that be white trousers, hot pink mock turtle-necks or J.Lindeberg belts and no-one else has a problem with us wearing that sort of clothing. It's not against the dress-code and it also shows you have some concept of style rather than turning up looking scruffy. Would you rather see a scruffy-looking golfer on the golf course, or a golfer who has a sense of style, but like's to wear different colours from the usual boring colours? Thought so.

I'm not saying that I love Ian Poulter's outfits and I think we should dress like him - certainly not. I admit, sometimes he does take it much too far and ends up looking like a ****, a bit like yesterday at Colonial wearing all-pink. (I know it was raising awareness for Mickelson's wife who has been diagnosed with breast cancer, but I think he thought that was the perfect oppotunity to come out in a new outift)

or J.Lindeberg belts

les goo, just bought two of those

but yea, rafa is completely right.. everyone that is against the white belts, colored pants/shorts, belt buckles, etc. just doesnt have a sense of style.. its not gay.. its part of what golf is all about..

how can you not like this belt..

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/uploads/mont...176507907-3.jpg