2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Scotty Cameron Classic Mini

nickpoz

This thread has turned into a Scotty bashing fest, just like the rest of this site...

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showforum=193

Excuse me, sir! Please show me where in:

GolfWRX.com > Community Encyclopedia of Golf > Golf Style - Courses, Clothes, Shoes, Bags & Outings > Golf Course Reviews, Designs and Architectures > Carribean

That there has EVER been a post bashing Scotty Cameron? angry.gif Too many generalizations by "you people" about this site.

:heading to the Caribbean section to post something bashing Scotty right now...: shifty.gif

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....When it comes to these interpretations, if you're in the Cameron camp you become an apoligist. If you paint Cameron in a less altruistic light, you're a hater.

I know that I quoted just part of your post but, I think this part does point out that there does not seem to be a gray area. Now there are alot of people who are casual readers who could care less. It does not apply to them. It has not affected them.

But, if I owned/invested in a Cameron based on a "stated" rarity and found out that it was bad info, I would

be pi$$ed. Likewise, exaggerating the facts in a negative way is just as bad.

I hate be on the fence but, I do not have a dog in this fight. It is probably safer up here. :)

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

You guys like your entry level small market milled putters.

Dude, did you just claim Mills, Byron, and Bettinardi and others are entry level? :drag:

+1 I wish I had read this before my last post. :ninja:

I've read through most of this thread and have been fascinated by this subject. These minis have taken on grail lore status as far as putter history goes. Can anyone provide a list accounting for the lost 8 (or 5) minis. I know that Mr. Bettinardi has one, someone is selling one for 40K, and there's one pictured in this thread...can we account for the lost minis?

Oh my what a surprise......dodging the request to supply facts as usual. As for the bold above......would one of these mystical and ghoslty people finally appear and provide this so called different bias? We all keep hearing about it, yet nothing ever happens. Can't you guys make something happen for once? To me.....the Cameron side of the argument loses more and more credit each time someone says that well there are other that know just as much as JR or Foregasim and will tell a different story yet they never show up. Its like my 4 month old puppy right now.....all bark.....and no bite!

Sad that only the Ankle Biters keep showing up to support Scotty. :yes:

:rolleyes: Lobbing insults over the internet always makes things better. Especially over putters.

I love the way that anyone that has a differing opinion than a Cameron fan or anyone that states a FACT that does not jive with what Cameron or his followers say is labeled a "basher" and their posts are bashing posts. Because of that this entire thread is considered a bashing thread. Have there been derogatory posts that "bash" Cameron in this thread? Yes. There have also been plenty of the exact same type of "bashing" posts by the Cameron fans aimed towards Bettinardi, Mills, Billings, and just about every person that has posted an opinion or a fact that is different than the opinion of a cameron fan or the "facts" (usually unsupported by any third party evidence) as stated by Cameron fans. In addition, people who have not even posted in this thread keep being referenced as if they are participating in the thread. Why, because some Cameron fan made an unsubstantiated claim that that person was posting. It would be no different than me making a proclamation that Scotty, Vog, Rand, or some other Cameron insider was posting under any number of the screen names in the thread. It is just another example of how the Cameron guys try to manipulate stories and history to make the unknowing believe something they want that is NOT supported by any facts.

I'm confused, so you aren't JR? Or are you talking about a different poster? I guess I latched on to the idea that you were since someone had said that and you seem to know quite a bit (as does JR). If you're not him, I apologize....if you are him, I'm still confused. Either way, no manipulation meant.

Happy golfing.

This thread made me miss super twilight at 5pm.

I know I should have gotten the cliffsnotes' version of this thread.

How can you do that.....It is still being written!! :partytime2:

...... just wanted to say what a great read. It took me two days to get through it, but I feel like Rocky on top of the steps, lol, and felt compelled to be proud of it lol.

Also appreciate that the putter makers that I am big fans of have done their best to take the highroad (bettinardi, tpm, byron), as they have presented some industry knowledge without getting into dirty mudslinging.

I was talking to a friend about this thread, and I loved the response I got... "Who would've thought a putter that is SMALLER to be worth MORE?" lol.

In other news, it has been reported that the whole internet has been moving at a snail's pace due to massive email update notifications sent out to thousands of people regarding the controversey around squiggly stamps put on golf clubs sized for babies, being sold for dollar amounts equal to GDP's of third world countries. :D

Completely OT post. If you ever decide to sell that JAM DASS, then PLEASE pm me first LOL.

Back off Will, I have dibs on it first based on locality alone, LOL!

I've read through most of this thread and have been fascinated by this subject. These minis have taken on grail lore status as far as putter history goes. Can anyone provide a list accounting for the lost 8 (or 5) minis. I know that Mr. Bettinardi has one, someone is selling one for 40K, and there's one pictured in this thread...can we account for the lost minis?

Rumor is Harrison Ford will star as Foregasim in "Indiana Jones and the Search for the 5th Mini."

Any casting suggestions for SC? Nick?

FG...hope you don't mind the levity. Your posts have been outstanding...and educational...

Oh my what a surprise......dodging the request to supply facts as usual. As for the bold above......would one of these mystical and ghoslty people finally appear and provide this so called different bias? We all keep hearing about it, yet nothing ever happens. Can't you guys make something happen for once? To me.....the Cameron side of the argument loses more and more credit each time someone says that well there are other that know just as much as JR or Foregasim and will tell a different story yet they never show up. Its like my 4 month old puppy right now.....all bark.....and no bite!

:rolleyes: Lobbing insults over the internet always makes things better. Especially over putters.

Clint,

You'd be a bit more believable if you called out Scotty fans for some of their vileness in this thread. Such one-sidedness doesn't play well with the peace & love theme.

Speaking of one-sidedness, John Stuart Mill had something to say that is quite on-topic . . .

He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion.

Clint,

You'd be a bit more believable if you called out Scotty fans for some of their vileness in this thread. Such one-sidedness doesn't play well with the peace & love theme.

I haven't insulted anyone, nor do I need to play policeman to the other Cameron collectors. Though I agree, both sides are over the top....and have been for years.

Rumor is Harrison Ford will star as Foregasim in "Indiana Jones and the Search for the 5th Mini."

FG...hope you don't mind the levity. Your posts have been outstanding...and educational...

I'd really rather a Tomb Raider adaptation with Angelina.

Call me crazy, but that is really all that would make this more interesting than it already is!

:D

I actually like Scotty’s putters. The history in this thread is pretty fascinating. Why is it wrong to learn about past "putter legends" relationships? It’s like the fascination a samurai would have with the history of the sword and the maker of it. I have often found it amazing when someone like Tad Moore tells a version of a putter’s history and its makers like the following golfwrx post:

Golfwrx Info on a tad moore shorty======

"emailed Tad and this is his response about the putter....

Joe I will try to give you some details. This putter was made around

the end of 1999 and Dec. 2000. After I closed Tad Moore Golf in 1999-

yes I was the first distributor of Srixon-I went to the first company

that had helped me to make the first production milled putters in the

world for Maxfli and got him to make these putters. I took a few of

these putters to the PGA Show the end of January 2000 and they were

marked with this special small stamping in the cavity and had

different engraving in the back and on the heel of the putter that i

only used on these few pieces. I numbered each head. You have #3.

Head weight was around 325 grams. These are very rare. My putters

were always measured a different way for length that matched the Ping

putters of that time. Compared to todays putters they were about 1/2

inch longer-thus the 325 head weight. If you want to add a little

weight you can add a 9 gram tungsten weight plug from Golfsmith in

the tip of the shaft. this will help a little with the MOI and is

around the weight of the ball bearing in a Ping.

I think I sold them for $250.

Scott was hired to help us with the early Maxfli finishing

operation. He helped supervise the polishing of the heads after they

were milled. Scptt had left Ray Cook and set up right across from

the milling company. He was not busy and could use the money so we

asked him to do it and he said he would. Several of us in the early

days were more then happy to help he and his wife out.

Bettinardi was a milling supplier to Tad Moore Golf.

This is a very nice putter. I do have a Patent on the putter now.

This was a Pat Pending. A very nice putter. Don't be afraid to play

with the weight. It has a fantastic shaft that I had special made

for these putters. You now have a little bit of Tad Moore putter

history. Let me know how you get on with it.

Regards, Tad "

Why is it wrong to learn about past putter business relationships?

There are many putters that I love to game from time to time because of their historical ties. For example the old blue goose, tp mills, pings, and bulls-eye putters. The game of golf and it's equipment has a unique bond with history that is fun to embrace. I still love to game a putter my grandpa used to game

post-44090-1230657084-2_thumb.jpg

Is it me or does the constant clamoring for this thread to be dismissed as just a “hatter thread” or the “lets just all enjoy are putters” make it seem that there is much more to the story?

Keep the history coming,

Ball Game

This thread has turned into a Scotty bashing fest, just like the rest of this site, why would we want to partake in any of it? Believe what you want, use whatever putter you want, 2 people know the answers and they are busy with successful businesses and don't want to be part of a 24 page fight that is all hypothetical to begin with. None of us know what happened 15-20 years ago when someone agreed to mill between "fewer than 5" and "8" putters.

You guys like your entry level small market milled putters. Us Scotty guys are loyal to Scotty. This is a Ford vs. Chevy, Yankees vs. Red Sox fight that will never die. There is no right answer outside of those two guys so lets kill this thing once and for all.

I think you are over generalizing ! There is plenty of SC love on this site and plenty of love for other putters makers as well. I dont know enough about SC business practices to make comment, so I dont. However all the high dollar putters I own are SC and I dont see that changing anytime soon, no matter what is written in this thread. Looking at your post history (it's nice and short) you are here to do 2 things :

1. Sell stuff

2. Tell us how much we are SC haters

Way to contribute :beruo:

This thread has turned into a Scotty bashing fest, just like the rest of this site, why would we want to partake in any of it? Believe what you want, use whatever putter you want, 2 people know the answers and they are busy with successful businesses and don't want to be part of a 24 page fight that is all hypothetical to begin with. None of us know what happened 15-20 years ago when someone agreed to mill between "fewer than 5" and "8" putters.

You guys like your entry level small market milled putters. Us Scotty guys are loyal to Scotty. This is a Ford vs. Chevy, Yankees vs. Red Sox fight that will never die. There is no right answer outside of those two guys so lets kill this thing once and for all.

I think you are over generalizing ! There is plenty of SC love on this site and plenty of love for other putters makers as well. I dont know enough about SC business practices to make comment, so I dont. However all the high dollar putters I own are SC and I dont see that changing anytime soon, no matter what is written in this thread. Looking at your post history (it's nice and short) you are here to do 2 things :

1. Sell stuff

2. Tell us how much we are SC haters

Way to contribute :beruo:

I like all kinds of putters and game a Cameron right now, but I must say that the "nose in the air" attitude (comments like "entry level small market putters" etc.) and arrogance displayed by many of the Cameron "insiders" is pretty bad. Surely they must not realize how they come across to an unbiased observer. :black eye:

Funny how anyone that has a legitimate question about one of the most collectable putters out there is immediately considered a "hater" or banned from the Cameron site for "stirring up...". Just silly and immature IMO.

Tim

EDIT: Let me point out that not all of the Cameron insiders come across as so rude to the unbiased outsider. For example, NickPoz (who started this thread) seems to me to certainly be a Cameron insider, and may even seem to some that he "tows the company line" a bit much, but I have never read anything he has written that was mean-spirited or immature. In fact, to this observer, he seems to be a class act and does not deserve any scorn or negative comments. Just my opinion.

Yep, this guy seems to have a lot of golf items to sell.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

Found Scotty's sit in....."Chip Foose" Only downside to this is FOOSE actually creates stuff thats "ORIGINAL" and is a true "artist"....so he may not play the part well.

Since this thread has gone beyond just the discussion of the mini, let me add a few things about Cameron. A couple of years ago, Srixon came up with an aggressive marketing campaign especially in Asia about the Bite series which had matching accessories. Just last month, Cameron came up with his US Open headcover and it was reminiscent of the Srixon products of yesterday.

Also, talking about Cameron copying Ping, every puttermaker has their own interpretation of the Scottsdale Anser. But Cameron's 009 is the most faithful copy of the original I have seen. I found this pic somewhere, most likely in this site, so hope this will help.

Jick couple of weeks late. You have been busy my friend. The Cameron headcover and Srixon similarities, the flying tigers and the plane factory in NY have long been discussed and the thread closed (I think) over in the Golf Style section :)

...... just wanted to say what a great read. It took me two days to get through it, but I feel like Rocky on top of the steps, lol, and felt compelled to be proud of it lol.

Also appreciate that the putter makers that I am big fans of have done their best to take the highroad (bettinardi, tpm, byron), as they have presented some industry knowledge without getting into dirty mudslinging.

I was talking to a friend about this thread, and I loved the response I got... "Who would've thought a putter that is SMALLER to be worth MORE?" lol.

In other news, it has been reported that the whole internet has been moving at a snail's pace due to massive email update notifications sent out to thousands of people regarding the controversey around squiggly stamps put on golf clubs sized for babies, being sold for dollar amounts equal to GDP's of third world countries. :D

Completely OT post. If you ever decide to sell that JAM DASS, then PLEASE pm me first LOL.

Back off Will, I have dibs on it first based on locality alone, LOL!

Well you guys know, the flamed finish dass JAMs were made in limited production. When Bob requested the putter be made he ordered 5 of them......... (sorry this was too easy) :partytime2:

M3 440 IZ-6
M3 15 IZ-7
P790
Handground Vokeys
009M custom

In reference to the replies my previous post generated:

I am here not to just sell things and support Scotty Cameron. The whole reason I've read this whole mess is to see what the other side is. In the Cameron Camp, the most knoweldgable guy would be Vog in my limited opinion. He has stated in more than one thread, that the exact number of Mini's is unclear. There is supposed to be 5, he has held/seen/used 4 of these, he says the 5th has either been tucked away quietly in someones collection or is otherwise unnacounted for. So that's one side, who states openly to the forums that he knows of 4.

But then you keep reading and I guess milling is done in even numbers. That's fine, I didn't know that, interesting. So that tells me if there is 5, then there should be 6 because not even the Cameron guys have seemed to dispute the even numbers milling issue. So if that's the case that explains how Bob B. could have one, fine I can appreciate that. I don't know about 7 or 8 being a possible number as some have suggested but am open to hearing the facts.

What I was trying to get accross is that no one here knows with 100% certainty the events that transpired way back when. I sincerely apologize if I came off as snobby, arrogant, etc. I like Cameron stuff but I am not a collector with racks of goodies. I've got one off the rack putter and a few headcovers, I just like the guys stuff.

The small market comment wasn't meant to be an insult at all. What else should it be called when they operate on a smaller scale than a Cameron or Ping or Nike who mass produce off the rack putters? As far as entry level goes, I don't know what I was trying to get accross with that, it wasn't a dig or insult though, honestly. All I was saying was you like your stuff and we like our stuff, whatever the stuff may be, and that we can agree to disagree.

Now as far as my post that this is a Scotty bashing site can you explain this? I've seen posts here start off as a question about getting an old Cameron refinished, that turn into threads about how the CS sucks and BOS does/did all his restoration stuff, plus BOS is cheaper and better, etc. How about the threads asking "Which Cameron to buy" that turn into just buy a Mills, or a Machine, or a whatever. No one answers any Scotty question here favorably, everyone gets steered away from him towards the guys/companies who post here, which I can appreciate as I assume they are paying supporters of this site.

To sum this whole mess up, I apologize if I came off as some kind of elitist jerk who thinks anything but Cameron sucks. I've used a TP Mills piece before, it was great. I've hit a couple Machine putters before, they were beautiful, one of my local golf stores in Hudson NH had them, great looking and feeling putters, way out of my tax bracket though. I'm not a Cameron or nothing guy, and most of the guys over on TCC are the same way, very open to all of the facts. So again, please, no offense intended, thanks for reading this.

Ian

much better Ian.

I think the point is nobody and I mean nobody likes a "fanboy" and it really does not matter what product or person one supports, there will always be somebody with the exact opposite opinion. On the net it's easy to voice that opinion and come off as a eTHUG so that's what many seem to do, myself included at times.

In reference to the replies my previous post generated:

I am here not to just sell things and support Scotty Cameron. The whole reason I've read this whole mess is to see what the other side is. In the Cameron Camp, the most knoweldgable guy would be Vog in my limited opinion. He has stated in more than one thread, that the exact number of Mini's is unclear. There is supposed to be 5, he has held/seen/used 4 of these, he says the 5th has either been tucked away quietly in someones collection or is otherwise unnacounted for. So that's one side, who states openly to the forums that he knows of 4.

But then you keep reading and I guess milling is done in even numbers. That's fine, I didn't know that, interesting. So that tells me if there is 5, then there should be 6 because not even the Cameron guys have seemed to dispute the even numbers milling issue. So if that's the case that explains how Bob B. could have one, fine I can appreciate that. I don't know about 7 or 8 being a possible number as some have suggested but am open to hearing the facts.

Vog is one of the foremost authorities pertaining to Scotty Cameron putter that there is. He is a wealth of knowledge, that is undisputed. However, he only knows information that he either researched or was given by Scotty Cameron, himself. Vog is in the very inner sanctum of the Cameron world and he is very loyal to Cameron. He is also a big time collector and has many friends that are big time collectors. I believe there Vog has a deep loyalty to this group of people as well. Vog also wants to help the newbie collector gain knowledge of the Cameron putter world. That said, providing the critical facts would not cast a good light on the Cameron collectible market and that is something he is certainly not going to do. Whether that is a directive by Cameron or strictly his choice. Vog runs TCC, as he put it to me once, his way without any intervention from Cameron or Acushnet. It is his site, run his way, with the membership he wants. Most people can either be a member there or not, some don't have that choice because the decision to be a member was made for them. People can view the contents of this site as absolute fact, without so much as a slightly critical comment, or they can be skeptical because of the lack of any criticisms.

That said, there are other people that are very knowledgeable about Cameron putters that hold another point of view. Some of them were also accepted into the very inner sanctum of the Cameron world as well. Some of these people are members of this site and have posted comments about Cameron. If this issue really matters to a person then that person should do a little research, ask questions to the members here that are/were huge collectors or were working in affiliation with Cameron, and as questions at TCC to learn the truth. However, I do give this caution, if asking a critical question at Vog's site, do so in a PM and not in the open forum as this will result in an ugly exchange, both publically and from Vog or one of his moderators. Now would this cause a person to really rethink who is completely honest when it comes to the Cameron collector issue?

What I was trying to get accross is that no one here knows with 100% certainty the events that transpired way back when. I sincerely apologize if I came off as snobby, arrogant, etc. I like Cameron stuff but I am not a collector with racks of goodies. I've got one off the rack putter and a few headcovers, I just like the guys stuff.

The small market comment wasn't meant to be an insult at all. What else should it be called when they operate on a smaller scale than a Cameron or Ping or Nike who mass produce off the rack putters? As far as entry level goes, I don't know what I was trying to get accross with that, it wasn't a dig or insult though, honestly. All I was saying was you like your stuff and we like our stuff, whatever the stuff may be, and that we can agree to disagree.

I suppose this is an area where different points of view are accepted. Just because someone outputs more putters than another does not necessarily make the higher volume designer better. If that were the case then Odyssey is the best putter company in the world. (Let's not get into the PGA Tour count in this discussion, please) I suppose people can either believe that Quality is Job 1 or Quantity is Job 1. Rarely, if ever, both of those beliefs pertain to the same product. I am not saying that Cameron putters lack quality. On the contrary, Cameron suppliers make some of the best putters, in terms of quality, that there is. I am just saying that people like Byron Morgan, David Mills, Bobby Grace, George Palombi, and a host of others, make as good or a better putter. It is great that people love Cameron putters but to forsake or disrespect another offering because of their bias to Cameron is very short sighted.

Now as far as my post that this is a Scotty bashing site can you explain this? I've seen posts here start off as a question about getting an old Cameron refinished, that turn into threads about how the CS sucks and BOS does/did all his restoration stuff, plus BOS is cheaper and better, etc. How about the threads asking "Which Cameron to buy" that turn into just buy a Mills, or a Machine, or a whatever. No one answers any Scotty question here favorably, everyone gets steered away from him towards the guys/companies who post here, which I can appreciate as I assume they are paying supporters of this site.

To sum this whole mess up, I apologize if I came off as some kind of elitist jerk who thinks anything but Cameron sucks. I've used a TP Mills piece before, it was great. I've hit a couple Machine putters before, they were beautiful, one of my local golf stores in Hudson NH had them, great looking and feeling putters, way out of my tax bracket though. I'm not a Cameron or nothing guy, and most of the guys over on TCC are the same way, very open to all of the facts. So again, please, no offense intended, thanks for reading this.

Ian

When a person asks their opinion about a Cameron putter or what Cameron putter to buy then I answer that question with regards to Cameron putters. That is the way it should be. However, when a person says they are thinking about a Cameron putter and wants an opinion of other putters then that is fair game, as it should be. I may say I do not like a particular version of a Cameron putter because I don't like all his offerings and have owned or tried a lot (mostly OTRs and Limited of course). I agree that people should not turn a Cameron inquiring thread into a Cameron sucks thread but honor the thread starters question. With regard to refinishing, there are many options to choose, the Studio being one of them. However, BOS is definitely legitimate because that company did the finishing for a great many of the Cameron putters that have been sold. For example, it was BOS that did the finishing for the Oil Can series. Therefore I submit that if a person wants the original finish on an original Oil Can putter then BOS is the only company that can provide that. The one thing about the Studio that many people shy away from is the cost of completed work. There are many people that can refinish putters with the same finish that offers that at a lower cost. Another thing is that there are people that will offer Black Pearl finish (when a certain number of putters has been submitted) and Cameron will not offer that finish to anyone, except maybe for the very special people in the inner sanctum or when Cameron introduces a special limited putter or when someone spends (what was it) $8,000 or $12,000 for a customer putter.

I will say this, yes there are people here that are very critical about Cameron putters and the Cameron collecting site. There is a lot of disagreement pertaining to this subject. However, if a person believes that TCC is the site that is "very open to all of the facts" then I challenge any member to ask a question about business ethics (and site a couple of legitimate issues), or why Black Pearl is only offered for the special expensive custom putter but not a 009 that was originally finished this way, or other issues (a simple search and time to read the threads will reveal many questionable issues). Let's see how open the site and administrator is then. This site, as well as another site that is ripped by the TCC administrator and moderators are honest in the assessment of Cameron putters and gadgets. There will be honest comments in support and critical posted here. That just does not happen over there. For those who think GolfWRX or PT are negatively biased and love TCC then you better not come to the other sites because GolfWRX or PT are not influenced (either directly or indirectly) by any putter maker.

That said, I used to be one of those who supported Cameron putters and products blindly and remember "debating" many members here, much the same way that Cameron fanatics do today. However, I opened my mind and found out a few things and while I still like Cameron putters and some products a lot, I do not care for the hidden nasty side in Cameron collecting. I am not saying that the people are nasty, on the contrary. However, when an investment to a physical item is more important than the investment to a person (ie: friendships) then I have to draw the line. I have seen several friendships, some were deep, ruined because of a stupid putter. To me that warrants a red flag. Just my worthless opinion. Thanks.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

Robotdoc, well put, and I appreciate your feedback. I am a huge Cameron fan, but I can see I may need to be more open minded about the other options. It is obvious that there is a lot of foggy information from the early Cameron days, and some things may have been done that are questionable in a business sense, and that it is an issue that people have strong feelings about on both sides of the fence.

That being said, I think I'll continue to check out all of the putter sites and continue to gain knowledge about everyone and learn alot more before I just hop on a bandwagon again due to me owning a particular brand. Hell, if I did that with drivers and irons I'd be joining a different fan club every 2 weeks.

And BTW, I know the TP Mills guys and Machine guys are reading this thread, please don't be offended by my previous comments, I just wanted to say that again, you guys make a hell of a product and deserve the respect and loyal following you have.

Thanks again,

Ian

Robotdoc, well put, and I appreciate your feedback. I am a huge Cameron fan, but I can see I may need to be more open minded about the other options. It is obvious that there is a lot of foggy information from the early Cameron days, and some things may have been done that are questionable in a business sense, and that it is an issue that people have strong feelings about on both sides of the fence.

That being said, I think I'll continue to check out all of the putter sites and continue to gain knowledge about everyone and learn alot more before I just hop on a bandwagon again due to me owning a particular brand. Hell, if I did that with drivers and irons I'd be joining a different fan club every 2 weeks.

And BTW, I know the TP Mills guys and Machine guys are reading this thread, please don't be offended by my previous comments, I just wanted to say that again, you guys make a hell of a product and deserve the respect and loyal following you have.

Thanks again,

Ian

No offense taken here :)

-Chris

I saw in another forum a picture from a Bettinardi spring social gathering, he had two minis that were unshafted. One was a regular version with Scotty Cameron stamped in the face, while another seemed to be something milled from plastic (or wax?) which was the first one ever produced or prototyped. If you search diligently you will find that pic. Not sure if those count as among the "less than 5" that exist.

Ok so this is what I've got so far from the various threads about this putter. It looks like fewer than 5 may not be accurate? There are at least 5 heads, and one of them says 1 of 5, so 2 things now are saying there are at least 5 right? Then you have milling techniques which point to an even number being made, so can one safely conlude 6 putter heads at least with at least 4 being made into putters?

Again, not trying to beat a dead horse here but I'm curious now that I'm sort of invested in this thread.

1. Scotty has 1 of them

2. The mini from the Japanese PGA player

3. The one Nick posted

4. The 1 of 5 from the Levine collection

5. The one on the table a few posts up?

6. 7. 8. Unknown as of now?

I am not positive but the plastic prototype looks to be a full size Anser head and not the Mini Anser head. In any event, the plastic prototype would not be considered a putter in my book, and I doubt in anyone else's opinion either.

If an unmilled block of steel can get a COA there is no reason a plastic mold can't....