2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

my honeymoon with SGI's

MtlJeff

[quote name='UHCougar' timestamp='1302876172' post='3155613']
I think the AWT shafts really ruined the G15s for me. With any slight wind, these things would balloon like crazy!! I was sky rocketing my 6 iron and it would drop straight down at the 150 (i usually hit my 8 iron to 150). Plus it felt like irons 4,5 and 6 were going the same distance... Maybe i should have tried different shafts, but for now, im on the lookout for a lower launching set. Also, a couple times when i took a decent sized divot, i thought the shafts were gonna snap because the soles "stuck in the mud".
[/quote]

Try this...

Blades.

If you balloon the ball, you should really consider a blade iron.

You are spinning the ball too much. THE PROS on TOUR can hit perimeter weighted clubs because they produce a Low Spin ball. If your ball is going high.....get the spin rate down with a muscle back.

As long as you are a "15" or less.

[quote name='HappyGas' timestamp='1303227016' post='3167358']
I think the AWT shafts really ruined the G15s for me. With any slight wind, these things would balloon like crazy!! I was sky rocketing my 6 iron and it would drop straight down at the 150 (i usually hit my 8 iron to 150). Plus it felt like irons 4,5 and 6 were going the same distance... Maybe i should have tried different shafts, but for now, im on the lookout for a lower launching set. Also, a couple times when i took a decent sized divot, i thought the shafts were gonna snap because the soles "stuck in the mud".
[/quote]

Try this...

Blades.

You are spinning the ball too much. THE PROS on TOUR can hit perimeter weighted clubs because they produce a Low Spin ball. If your ball is going high.....get the spin rate down with a muscle back.

[/quote]

I went with"what in my mind" is the best of both worlds. MP53.

[/quote]

Try this...

Blades.

[/quote]

Get back on topic guys...G15s rock. Everything else sucks lol

[/quote]

Try this...

Blades.

[/quote]

Blades themselves and even blades with X100's like I play will not guarantee to bring your ball flight down. High ball flight is often produced from a overly steep angle of attack. I suffer from this and continue to balloon 690.mb's with X100's because of my (AoA). I'm hoping to take a lesson to help me with this. I still can work the ball well and still score, but I'm sacrificing distance.

[quote name='AlphaRider' timestamp='1303229414' post='3167462']
[/quote]

Try this...

Blades.

[/quote]

Blades themselves and even blades with X100's like I play will not guarantee to bring your ball flight down. High ball flight is often produced from a overly steep angle of attack. I suffer from this and continue to balloon 690.mb's with X100's because of my (AoA). I'm hoping to take a lesson to help me with this. I still can work the ball well and still score, but I'm sacrificing distance.

[/quote]

Perimeter Weighted and Game Improvement Clubs are designed to place more spin the ball and therefore will cause your ball to soar in the air.

You think Hogan and Trevino could have ever played such clubs in the wind down in Texas ??? I think not.

Try the blades....

Then tell me they don't work.

Reading this thread is bringing the ho out in me.

last year, I sold my 1st gen raptures because with CS lites, the ball flight was too damn high.

It was either G5's or G15's. At the time, Discount Dan's had G5's for $392 plus upcharge for TT Dynamic SL's to help bring ball flight down. I am in love with the G5's.

Now this thread. GRrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

[quote name='johnnybogey' timestamp='1303238476' post='3167949']

last year, I sold my 1st gen raptures because with CS lites, the ball flight was too damn high.

It was either G5's or G15's. At the time, Discount Dan's had G5's for $392 plus upcharge for TT Dynamic SL's to help bring ball flight down. I am in love with the G5's.

[/quote]

If you are in love with the G5s, stay in love. No reason to switch to the G15s. These heads are great with low launch shafts aren't they!

pretty sure GI clubs aren't designed to place more spin on the ball compared to a blade. a higher trajectory, yes, but not more spin

Titleist TSR3 10* | Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Titleist TSR2 15* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7S

Callaway UW 19* | Graphite Design Tour AD MJ 8X

Titleist T350 4I | True Temper AMT Red S300

Titleist T200 5-GW | Project X IO 6.0 

Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore 54* Mid | Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Callaway RTX6 Zipcore Raw 60* Low | Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 | BGT Stability Carbon

Srixon Z Star Diamond

[quote name='shortgamehero' timestamp='1303238968' post='3167982']
[quote name='johnnybogey' timestamp='1303238476' post='3167949']

[/quote]

If you are in love with the G5s, stay in love. No reason to switch to the G15s. These heads are great with low launch shafts aren't they!
[/quote]

Thanks for the reassurance shortgamehero. YES, the low launching shaft with the G5's are amazing. When shopping around, my main criteria was the shaft. I needed a shaft to bring the ball flight down. The G15's were fairly new and would have been way over my budget when including the shafts.

Well you have now got my attention. I read this thread when it was first posted and have been away from the site for a little while, I certainly did not expect it to still be floating around page 1/2.

Time has been very limited since last September and golf for me is now about enjoyment/fun, I am no longer a member of a club and I don't want to have to turn up with my swing highly tuned through endless range sessions to be able to shoot a good score (HCP has been a steady 9 for about 4 years).

[b]My main concern is shaft choice[/b].
I currently play Apex 4 which I have read are like Dynalite Gold S300. I was fitted on a Mizuno shaft DNA last year with a result of Dynlite Gold XP S300, I see that this is an option, but I am also considering the AWT Stiff flex, which from my understanding is more of a flighted shaft.

Do people tend to stick with the same shaft that you have always used when ordering Ping G15s or have you found you have had to use lower tradjectory shafts?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cobra F Speed 10.5 ProLaunch Blue tipped 1/2"
Benross V5 18* Accra Dymatch RT
Ping i20 4-Pw CFS S
Titleist Vokey 52* DG S200
MD Beryllium 56* PX flighted 6.0
Seemore FGP Brass (black finish)

[quote name='StuartRS' timestamp='1303286284' post='3170024']
Well you have now got my attention. I read this thread when it was first posted and have been away from the site for a little while, I certainly did not expect it to still be floating around page 1/2.

Time has been very limited since last September and golf for me is now about enjoyment/fun, I am no longer a member of a club and I don't want to have to turn up with my swing highly tuned through endless range sessions to be able to shoot a good score (HCP has been a steady 9 for about 4 years).

I currently play Apex 4 which I have read are like Dynalite Gold S300. I was fitted on a Mizuno shaft DNA last year with a result of Dynlite Gold XP S300, I see that this is an option, but I am also considering the AWT Stiff flex, which from my understanding is more of a flighted shaft.

Do people tend to stick with the same shaft that you have always used when ordering Ping G15s or have you found you have had to use lower tradjectory shafts?

[/quote]

I have been playing regs for almost two years and not been as consistent and had ballooning issues. I am a tweener between reg and stiff and opted for the softer flex the past few years. I really wanted the G15s. I had the G10s with AWT regs and ballooned them a few years back. I tried the G15s with AWT regs and KBS regs and had the same issue. Really wanted to keep the KBS because I love the way they feel, but they still spun too much.

I too was fitted on the Mizzy optimizer system to XP S300, Nippon stiff, and KBS stiff, softstepped. So the optimizer got my thinking about going back to a stiff. The fitter recommended at lightweight stiff flex shaft. I recently ordered G15s with Z-Z65s (109 g) softstepped once. Absolutely love the flight (mid-high), no ballooning and straight! I have gained 1/2 to full club in distance. Shot a 78 on my home course last Thursday as a 12-13 handicap this early in the year.

I too am a weekend golfer and play maybe 2 times/week with little practice. Have a home to take care of plus an 11 and 6 year old. I think these irons would be what you might need to keep the game enjoyable with similar time constraints. Don't worry about outgrowing them. You can take them to a single digit handicap easily. But make sure you GET FITTED to the correct shaft and hit them outdoors first. Spending a little upfront to get a custom shaft for $10/club when ordering is far cheaper than reshafting after the fact or ordering another set with the correct shaft.

[quote name='shortgamehero' timestamp='1303300424' post='3170140']
[quote name='StuartRS' timestamp='1303286284' post='3170024']

[/quote]

I have been playing regs for almost two years and not been as consistent and had ballooning issues. I am a tweener between reg and stiff and opted for the softer flex the past few years. I really wanted the G15s. I had the G10s with AWT regs and ballooned them a few years back. I tried the G15s with AWT regs and KBS regs and had the same issue. Really wanted to keep the KBS because I love the way they feel, but they still spun too much.

I too was fitted on the Mizzy optimizer system to XP S300, Nippon stiff, and KBS stiff, softstepped. So the optimizer got my thinking about going back to a stiff. The fitter recommended at lightweight stiff flex shaft. I recently ordered G15s with Z-Z65s (109 g) softstepped once. Absolutely love the flight (mid-high), no ballooning and straight! I have gained 1/2 to full club in distance. Shot a 78 on my home course last Thursday as a 12-13 handicap this early in the year.

I too am a weekend golfer and play maybe 2 times/week with little practice. Have a home to take care of plus an 11 and 6 year old. I think these irons would be what you might need to keep the game enjoyable with similar time constraints. Don't worry about outgrowing them. You can take them to a single digit handicap easily. But make sure you GET FITTED to the correct shaft and hit them outdoors first. Spending a little upfront to get a custom shaft for $10/club when ordering is far cheaper than reshafting after the fact or ordering another set with the correct shaft.
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply, I do want to be fitted, just trying to get a feel of what shafts will be worth trying. I don't recall ever having ballooning issues as I have a fairly smooth swing and have used Apex 3, Apex 4, DGR300, DGS300, Callaway Uniflex.

We have a long weekend in the UK so I may see if I can borrow a couple from the fitting cart of my local shop tonight and use them over the weekend to see how they perform.

Cobra F Speed 10.5 ProLaunch Blue tipped 1/2"
Benross V5 18* Accra Dymatch RT
Ping i20 4-Pw CFS S
Titleist Vokey 52* DG S200
MD Beryllium 56* PX flighted 6.0
Seemore FGP Brass (black finish)

[quote name='shortgamehero' timestamp='1303071396' post='3162183']
[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1303070993' post='3162167']
update*** i actually did order the 9 iron and PW in G15 aswell...

full set of G15's. I'm a total hacker
[/quote]

I have all the way thru LW and have zero issues with them and my short game.
[/quote]

+1

PING
G425 LST 10.5* Alta CB Slate 55S

G430 Max 3W Alta CB Slate 65S

G410 2H, 3H Alta CB Red 70S

Glide 2.0 ES 54,60 AWT wedge S (blackout)

Vault Anser 2 Slate

Callaway 

Apex Pro Combo ‘19 5-A Steelfiber i95S

Titleist

ProV1 (2021) Yellow / White

My g15's were just delivered today! Can't wait to get out there and hit them. I got 4-UW in KBS Tour stiff, blue dot. This is the first NEW set of irons I've ever had, and the first time I've been fit for irons. For the wedges, I went with g15 gap wedge, and Tour W's in 54/58. I am about a 7-8hdcp who has not broken 80 very much lately, hopefully this puts me back in the 70's!

[quote name='Chris5573' timestamp='1303314377' post='3170699']
My g15's were just delivered today! Can't wait to get out there and hit them. I got 4-UW in KBS Tour stiff, blue dot. This is the first NEW set of irons I've ever had, and the first time I've been fit for irons. For the wedges, I went with g15 gap wedge, and Tour W's in 54/58. I am about a 7-8hdcp who has not broken 80 very much lately, hopefully this puts me back in the 70's!
[/quote]

Good luck with them. I have blue dots in mine too. My cousin is about the same handicap as you and loves his. Hoping my HC drops with these soon.

I hate you guys so much right now. Here I was doing good so far this year only got a driver and a 3 wood thinking I can go the rest of the season without buying other clubs then BAM I see this thread.

I was thinking of upgrading maybe next year or just seeing how things go but thinking when I do upgrade I am definitely going to a full blade or something like the s56.

Then now I read this thread and see all the success everybody is having and I want that. The scary part is it makes sense.

I am definitely going to go try these out and for sure if I do pull the trigger I will get fitted because it makes a huge difference.

A couple of questions. My current set I have is 4- pw , pw being 47* loft. Then I go straight to 54* which is my 105 ish club maybe 110 if I push it. My pw is max 135 and if I swing super nice or a knock down I fill the gap perfectly between these clubs.
Do I need the gap wedge? Can I expect the g15 pw to go the same distance as my previous one even though it's 45* loft or do I need the gap wedge?

I already hit a very high ball and I play dynacraft prophet irons which are pretty close to a blade. Will I lose these in orbit or will the proper steel shaft knock that down? I have a fairly fast swing speed. Driver 115+ mph, 7 iron is 175 club if that helps.

I know offset doesn't mean hooks but I always fight an over draw will these make it worst or will proper fitting fix that?

And last but not least anybody know the cheapest place to find a set. eBay is around 600-700 plus shipping. My local golf town is 900 with taxes. Where can I find a good price with my proper fit. I think 900 is a little much

what is the spin lke from g15's i tempted to try some, ive always been ablade player and now play off 4 and i think these could help my game, i do have a demo 7 iron with zz65 i always hit and like , but i need to know that i can actually get a ball to dance on firm summer greens before i could fully see the benefft.

Question about shafts for the g15 irons. I know nothing about steel iron shafts so I don't even know how to narrow it down.

I have a decent swing sped with a driver of 115+ no idea what my iron swing speed is but 7 iron is about 175yrds. I fight over draWs and a high ball slight. I am not a small guy about 6ft3 and 270 ish lbs if that helps.

What should I be looking for in terms of shafts and how much of a difference will they make?

I don't wanna be paying to much for shaft upgrades if I don't have to. Are one of the stock shafts good.

[quote name='goliath23' timestamp='1303710928' post='3183361']
Question about shafts for the g15 irons. I know nothing about steel iron shafts so I don't even know how to narrow it down.

I have a decent swing sped with a driver of 115+ no idea what my iron swing speed is but 7 iron is about 175yrds. I fight over draWs and a high ball slight. I am not a small guy about 6ft3 and 270 ish lbs if that helps.

What should I be looking for in terms of shafts and how much of a difference will they make?

I don't wanna be paying to much for shaft upgrades if I don't have to. Are one of the stock shafts good.
[/quote]

Dynamic Gold X100. You wil thank me later. $10 upcharge per club. Well worth it.

I might sound silly here but recently I lucked into a set of Eye 2's that had remained unused for the past 20 years or so in a garage sale. Most of them were still min the original plastic wrapping. I bought the set as I am an Eye 2 aficionado and they were selling dirt cheap. I just got them bent to my needs and changed the grips for new ones. The original grps, although unused, had hardened after two decades. A short session at the range told me I was home again and I plan to bag these for a while and give my fourteens a rest.

I still have my original eye 2's but I thought the grooves should have worn down after all the use. They have worn a bit but not as much as I thought, at least as I compare them to the new set. In any case, I'm looking forward to playing the new eye 2's I found.

Shambles

[quote name='nicekindtrue' timestamp='1283801876' post='2681806']
Apparently Chris Couch has G15:s in his Taylor Made bag...

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/405545-2010-barclays-wednesday-pics-part-1-thanks-lbattaglia93/

The photographer even found an angle where the soles doesn't look massive!
[/quote]

I followed Chris Couch at this years Transition Championship and at various times stood inches from his bag so I got a very good look…he is playing 4-PW in the G15 irons…a couple of times I studied them hard as a club builder I knew once told me if these guys are playing these types of irons they have the grinds on them different then stock and the offset has been adjusted. I did not notice anything particular.
Well about three days later at my local Edwin Watts I ran into the PING rep (who I know pretty well and he is a good guy) and started talking to him about the G15 irons…turns out that he knows the club pro of the golf course that Chris Couch practices on and he said that the G15 irons Chris has have not been altered other then we was fitted (lie & length) and has upgraded shafts (X100).
As some of you may or may not know Chris is known for his iron play (his short game is his issue)…watching him hit balls on the range was truly amazing and he takes a decent divot on each swing…he also plays a soft fade.
Also him and Garret Willis where leading the tournament going into the third round (final pairing that day) and both of them play G15 irons…
:smilie_ping:

[size=3][b]PING[/b] - Rapture V2, 17*, TFC 939 H, x-stiff
[b]PING [/b]- [color=#FF0000]i[/color]20 irons, 3 - PW, +3/4 Black dot, CFS stiff
[b]PING [/b]- Glide 50ss / 54ss, +1/2 Black dot, CFS wedge
[b]PING[/b] - Cadence TR B65, 35in
[b]W/S[/b] - Duo Spin[/size]

Interesting thread. I've been thinking the GI clubs are just as suited to a low handicapper as a mid handicapper. I have carried a handicap as low as 2.9 and regularly play Callaway Steelhead X14 or Hogan Apex Plus. No desire to go to blades. A miss that gets on the green helps scoring. With my X-14s, I can tell the difference between a mishit and a well struck ball. The feedback is there.

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 w/ Project X Evenflow Green 55 R shaft Fairway woods: Callaway Epic Flash 5 and 7 wood Hybrids: Callaway Big Bertha 4i and 5i Irons: Srixon ZX5 6-AW, Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54 and 58 degree Putter: mySpider X

[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1297225589' post='2962099']
[quote name='TCMP' timestamp='1297202844' post='2961133']
Way to go Jeff. Once again making sales for Ping. You getting a cut of all G15 sales?????
[/quote]

no....bah, stupid Ping! I should at least get like some headcovers or towels out of this. Cmon i know you OEM guys read our forum, throw me a frickin bone here
[/quote]

Jeff,

Let me know if Ping gives you a cut from posting this thread. I think I should be in on it too since I have resurrected the thread so many times LOL :drinks:

Okay here is my story and big props to [b]MtlJeff[/b] for starting this thread:

About four years ago as a 12 handicapper I decided to see how good I could get and I aspired to play Amateur tournaments of various types and maybe someday FSGA (Florida State Golf Association)…anyway I bounced around over the last four years with coaches and swing methods and in 2010 I had shoulder surgery (not golf related) which put me out of action for about 8 months. Anyway over all that time I managed to get my handicap down to 7 but still felt like my game (full swing) was still too inconsistent to play tournaments and compete at the FSGA level (have played in a few local amateur tournaments in the meantime). Anyway about three months ago I found a coach that “gets me” and we have great communication…we have actually agreed that the S&T is the best swing for me!

Also along this timeframe I have been a club whore as I have a friend in the retail business and it was very easy for me to change clubs financially so I did a lot (too many to mention) but when I started working with this new coach one of the things he pushed for was that I settle on clubs and not change…so now I had to make a decision (at the time I had MP58’s in the bag)…well I went to [b]G[color="#8B0000"]15[/color][/b] irons and the following is some of the reasons why (in no particular order):

(1) Many times at my local retail store (where my friend worked) I would hit balls and sometimes when I hit balls I would grab a [b]G[color="#8B0000"]15[/color][/b] iron (PING fitting chart close by) and I would always stripe them…never hit them bad...[i]got me thinking![/i]

(2) My wife (who plays occasionally and knows some about the game) and I were watching a PGA event a while back and I was commenting on a pro and that he played GI irons and my wife says “heck I would play the easiest irons to hit if I was playing for money”...made a lot of sense if you think about it...[i]got me thinking![/i]

(3) Played in the City Senior Championship two years ago (missed last year because of surgery) and the guy who won shot a 67 on the first day (two day event) and I heard that he played a few years on the tour when he was younger but had gotten his amateur status back and now was 62 years old...on the second day of the tournament someone pointed him out to me and I wondered over to his bag and his irons (3-PW) were PING G5 irons...[i]got me thinking![/i]

(4) What do I want from my full swing? To hit the ball straight and with consistent distance control...distance control is how I define forgiveness…because you can hit it crooked with any club if you make a bad swing…but if you miss slightly the amount the club punishes your distance to me is what forgiveness is all about...[b]G[color="#8B0000"]15[/color][/b] irons are supposed to be all about forgiveness...[i]got me thinking![/i]

(5) PING's great history of making quality simple to use golf clubs...[i]got me thinking![/i]

So with all that said I made a commitment to the [b]G[color="#8B0000"]15[/color][/b] irons (see sig) with KBS Tour stiff shafts and they are everything that has been discussed on this thread...also I do not think they are so easy to hit that I do not have to work on my swing...meaning they have very good feedback for a GI iron but like I said earlier the forgiveness (JMO) is in the distance control.
:smilie_ping:

[size=3][b]PING[/b] - Rapture V2, 17*, TFC 939 H, x-stiff
[b]PING [/b]- [color=#FF0000]i[/color]20 irons, 3 - PW, +3/4 Black dot, CFS stiff
[b]PING [/b]- Glide 50ss / 54ss, +1/2 Black dot, CFS wedge
[b]PING[/b] - Cadence TR B65, 35in
[b]W/S[/b] - Duo Spin[/size]

[quote name='buckI' timestamp='1303166797' post='3165512']
[quote name='harmonica' timestamp='1303161183' post='3165257']
[quote name='TCMP' timestamp='1303000969' post='3160504']
S300's or X100's are money in these heads.
[/quote]

Is it fairly easy to find a G15 iron with an S300 to try to hit?

All the GI clubs to test all seem to have lightweight shafts,....all the players clubs have the heavier stiffer shafts.

At a heated range - after hitting the CG16 tours [w/ s300's] better than the CG16's [with 85 gram stiff] - I knew I needed to see if it was all in the head or all in the shaft - but there is no way to find out.

Hit the g15 with a regular AWT shaft that day too and I knew just how wrong that was for my swing - but I could tell that the head was the real deal.
[/quote]

Not sure if you have any shops close to you with the the full Ping fitting cart but the place I go to has the new one with iron heads and interchangeable shafts...S300 is one of them. It had KBS, ZZ65, AWT, etc.

[/quote]

There is a new fitting cart with interchangeable heads and shafts? Is there a new name for it? I went on the Ping site and their fitting section doesn't have anything. I'd love to hit a G15 with S300 without having to buy one.

UPDATE! - after posting this I went to a shop and asked them if they had the interchangeable heads/shafts for irons and sure enough they did. Tucked in a staff fitting bag. So I tried a S300 shaft and oh my,.....very nice combo. The key [for me anyway] is as long as I line up the club square it's money. That sounds stupid but...

With as much off-set as the G15 has I somehow have a tendency to line up the heel of the club to the ball in a way that slightly closes the face. I think it's because I'm used to the distance between the heel of the club and how forward from that the ball is on a club with less off-set. Because of the the increased off-set you almost have to nudge the heel up to a spot that seems too close - but it's not obviously.

Turns out Ping is having a fitting event next week at my local Golfsmith here in the city. Going to swing by to hit the G15's.

Don't get me wrong, I like the launch with the Dynamic Gold SL shafts but the lightweight shaft is screwing with my tempo I think. Also, Have a feeling I should be using stiff flex (95 mph driver swing, 80 mph 6-iron swing).

Plan is to go get fit and decide on either reshafting the G5's or picking up the G15's. I think I need to get the lies adjusted anyways.

Imagine: Ping G15 with KBS c-taper shafts :man_in_love:

[quote name='johnnybogey' timestamp='1304537360' post='3208042']
Imagine: Ping G15 with KBS c-taper shafts :man_in_love:
[/quote]

that sounds like it would be a nasty combo

this thread is like herpes, it's not always visible on the surface, but it's lingering and awaiting another breakout

Titleist TSR3 10* | Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Titleist TSR2 15* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7S

Callaway UW 19* | Graphite Design Tour AD MJ 8X

Titleist T350 4I | True Temper AMT Red S300

Titleist T200 5-GW | Project X IO 6.0 

Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore 54* Mid | Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Callaway RTX6 Zipcore Raw 60* Low | Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 | BGT Stability Carbon

Srixon Z Star Diamond

So I'm a Low handicapper and I'm considering the idea of jumping ship from my MP68s (AMAZING IRONS BTW). When I have a bad swing/timing day (especially if I get a touch nervous in competition), I'm in trouble...... Plus, I will admit, my brain has trouble looking down on my 4 iron when I'm standing on the tee in competition of a 210 yard par 3 over water. The hands start to sweat and the flood gates of thought open......

As my main goal this year is to win back my club championship, I've decided to go ahead and buy a new set of forgiving irons. So my plan is to go with MP53s (may combo them with the 63s) with KBS C-Taper shafts or possibly PXs. I currently have KBS tours in my MP68s and the launch is too high.

So hopefully in a month or so, I'll report back with my ear to ear grin.

PS: I've shot some amazing rounds with my MP68s, but I was more consistent with my old TM TP irons.

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

I love this thread and I love that it never goes away. I've given Jeff many props on this thread and on other ones for starting the G15 hype, but they're not hype, the G15's are the truth! They're stupid easy to hit. It's point and shoot. I have MP-62's as well and bought the G15's as a back up set when I wasn't striking the ball consistantly. Well, I've been hitting it so good now I'm afraid to go back to the 62's. Glad to say the G15's are still in the bag and looks like they'll be there for a long time.