hazebronso

Shaker Run on Sunday.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Luke that's crazy, you got a group or going by yourself? If I get out tomorrow its only me :( poor me lol.

Well it's too wet in Columbus so probably just gonna play 9 tomorrow afternoon. You're more then welcome to join me and my dad if you want

Titleist TSR2 10° HZRDUS T1100

Titleist TSR3 15° HZRDUS T1100

Titleist TSR3 19° KBS Tour Hybrid Proto

PXG Gen5T 4-GW KBS Tour Stiff

Mizuno T24 56 & 60 S400

Piretti GOAT

Back home now, no more traveling golf. I played 18 different courses, drove over 4000 miles in 16 days.

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

Has anyone played Foxfire Players course????

And, I still have 4-5 more courses to go before I get home! Today's round was at Fossil Trace GC near Denver.538bf0cd01b407704ea2f3b7f8b4deee.jpgb2dce5e66c3c6b0670d478bcfa5e37a7.jpgdd26f12d44b6a179a45843ba081391ed.jpg

Just passed Fossil Trace yesterday on the way to/from Golden for the Coors brewery tour! Looked great from what all I could see from 470.

We were supposed to play Arrowhead but alas they had an event booked... not gonna be in town long enough to work another round in. ?

I grew up in the Denver area. Miss it. Still a loyal Bronco and Buff fan!

Seems like a pretty nice place to live, have been there 5x and really like it.

I have a few times. It's a pretty good course, conditions are usually pretty good. A few holes will have you scratching your head but it's certainly worth a play.IMO

Playing there 7am tomorrow morning.

I have a few times. It's a pretty good course, conditions are usually pretty good. A few holes will have you scratching your head but it's certainly worth a play.IMO

It's a great layout in my opinion but the condition isn't what it used to be. Most of the bunkers are unplayable, tee boxes are shaggy and the greens roll good but are a little rough due to ball marks and things. It's a really tough course, especially 14,15,16....let us know how you do on that stretch! It's an enjoyable round, just wish it was up to it's potential condition wise.

It's a great layout in my opinion but the condition isn't what it used to be. Most of the bunkers are unplayable, tee boxes are shaggy and the greens roll good but are a little rough due to ball marks and things. It's a really tough course, especially 14,15,16....let us know how you do on that stretch! It's an enjoyable round, just wish it was up to it's potential condition wise.

I decided not to play today, but I'll definitely play it soon. I played the other Foxfire course way back in 1995 or 1996.

For those of you in central Ohio, the Links at Groveport is probably done for the season. Drove by there yesterday, and what wasn't underwater was mud. A shame. That's a great course for getting in a quick 9 after work.

Ping G410 9*
Tour Edge EXS 3w, 5w
Ping i210 4-U
Ping Glide Stealth 54, 60
Ping Anser 85029 Dalehead
Srixon Z-Star or Q-Star tour depending on conditions

I decided not to play today, but I'll definitely play it soon. I played the other Foxfire course way back in 1995 or 1996.

I'm with TMad on this one. It's worth playing but for me there are some head scratcher holes. I can see the intent the designer had, and probably 30 years ago it was fine, but the trees have overgrown and that 3 or 4 hole stretch on the back 9 is nearly unplayable now. I haven't played it in a few years, but, I always remember it being in good shape. I just do not like the layout whatsoever and began simply avoiding the course.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Has anyone played Wedgewood CC? Are they open to outiside play? Trying to find a course to play around Columbus that I have not played yet.

looking for some good and affordable courses in the Bowling Green / Toledo Area? Any suggestions? college student budget lol

I played Stone Ridge a few years back. You could also play The BG Univ golf course as well. Piqua CC is an option, but a bit further south.

looking for some good and affordable courses in the Bowling Green / Toledo Area? Any suggestions? college student budget lol

I played Stone Ridge a few years back. You could also play The BG Univ golf course as well. Piqua CC is an option, but a bit further south.

Yeah I play club golf here during the year so we get unlimited play at Stone Ridge and the University course, was more looking for stuff in surrounding areas. I am totally ok with driving up to an hour to play a new cool location. Thanks tho and I will check out Piqua

Yeah I play club golf here during the year so we get unlimited play at Stone Ridge and the University course, was more looking for stuff in surrounding areas. I am totally ok with driving up to an hour to play a new cool location. Thanks tho and I will check out Piqua

Piqua is an hour and a half south of BG, BTW

Piqua is an hour and a half south of BG, BTW

Redhawk Run maybe?????

Has anyone played Wedgewood CC? Are they open to outiside play? Trying to find a course to play around Columbus that I have not played yet.

Not sure about being open for outside play, I would guess you could get on there for a price. It is definitely worth a shot. I think it's pretty darn great. Fantastic conditions and the design is great. Very nice rolling tree lined course. Outside of the big 4 it's on the short list for #5 in town. If you get on and need some company... wink wink

Not sure about being open for outside play, I would guess you could get on there for a price. It is definitely worth a shot. I think it's pretty darn great. Fantastic conditions and the design is great. Very nice rolling tree lined course. Outside of the big 4 it's on the short list for #5 in town. If you get on and need some company... wink wink

Yeah I have long considered WW my #5 course in Columbus. I love that layout. Conditions are typically as good as you are going to find anywhere (I'd have Village ahead of it but it's on par with anything else in town.. at least when my family were members and when I last played it 3 years ago).

They don't allow any outside play that I am aware of. But it's always worth a phone call to the proshop. I know they have been struggling financially due to a bad lease agreement. So you never know.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

I've heard good things about Maumee Bay, but I've never played it myself.

Ping G410 9*
Tour Edge EXS 3w, 5w
Ping i210 4-U
Ping Glide Stealth 54, 60
Ping Anser 85029 Dalehead
Srixon Z-Star or Q-Star tour depending on conditions

My grandpa was at an event with RTJ Jr and he asked him what his vision was for 18 specifically, "because we play it 5 iron, 5 iron, 5 iron."

I live in Northeast Ohio. My favorites in Ohio:

Muirfield Village (Columbus)

Brookside (Canton), classic Ross course with wild greens

Inverness (Toledo)

Kirtland (Cleveland area), underrated course by CH Alison. Back 9 among the best in Ohio

Moraine CC (Dayton), recently renovated and visually stunning

Country Club (Pepper Pike), great William Flynn course with some really outstanding and unique holes. I love Flynn greens.

Canterbury (Eastside Cleveland), classic gem where shotmaking is important and really tough greens when fast

Sand Ridge (Chardon), Tom Fazio course once ranked in Top 60 in Golf Digest, but was clearly overrated at that time.

Mayfield (Cleveland area), classic quirky course by Bert Way with a few blind shots

Fowlers Mill (Chardon), early Pete Dye course with not a lot of earth moving

Virtues (Nashport), Arthur Hills course on hilly terrain

Elyria CC (West of Cleveland), short William Flynn course with some of the best greens in Ohio

Firestone North, many view as their favorite course at Firestone

Firestone West, Fazio course where I shot the best finishing 9 of my life

Firestone South, overrated because the tour plays there and a little boring, but great conditions

I have yet to play The Golf Club, Camargo, Scioto, NCR, Shaker, and Double Eagle.

Inverness (Toledo)

Kirtland (Cleveland area), underrated course by CH Alison. Back 9 among the best in Ohio

Country Club (Pepper Pike), great William Flynn course with some really outstanding and unique holes. I love Flynn greens.

Canterbury (Eastside Cleveland), classic gem where shotmaking is important and really tough greens when fast

Sand Ridge (Chardon), Tom Fazio course once ranked in Top 60 in Golf Digest, but was clearly overrated at that time.

Mayfield (Cleveland area), classic quirky course by Bert Way with a few blind shots

Elyria CC (West of Cleveland), short William Flynn course with some of the best greens in Ohio

Firestone South, overrated because the tour plays there and a little boring, but great conditions

I have yet to play The Golf Club, Camargo, Scioto, NCR, Shaker, and Double Eagle.

I agree with you on firestone. Boring up and down back and forth. But brookside is the most unfair course I've ever played in my life. Not sure I would ever go back!

Murfield is definitely on my list to play! Let's have a wrx outing there!

Mizuno T24 56 & 60 S400

Piretti GOAT

Inverness (Toledo)

When was the last time you played Inverness?

Inverness (Toledo)

I agree with you on firestone. Boring up and down back and forth. But brookside is the most unfair course I've ever played in my life. Not sure I would ever go back!

Interesting...what did you think was unfair about Brookside? It is tough but never felt it was unfair in my 3-4 times of playing it

Inverness (Toledo)

Interesting...what did you think was unfair about Brookside? It is tough but never felt it was unfair in my 3-4 times of playing it

The greens honestly. When we played they were way too firm and couldn't hold anything even like a wedge or chip shot to stay on. It was awful

Mizuno T24 56 & 60 S400

Piretti GOAT

The greens honestly. When we played they were way too firm and couldn't hold anything even like a wedge or chip shot to stay on. It was awful

nikegolfer1983

The greens at Brookside are probably the most wild greens Ross ever built. I can see how they can be unfair when fast and firm, but that's true of many classic course that have more than a 2.5 -3 degree slope and are running at speeds of 11 or 12. I think the greens on 7 & 8 can be softened, but in normal conditions the other greens are fair. I play to my handicap there. I think if you went back and played under normal conditions you'd enjoy it more.

Inverness (Toledo)

When was the last time you played Inverness?

I played Inverness June 7th.

I played Westwood Country Club in Rocky River for the first time yesterday. A nice Charles Alison track. It's a small piece of property and a lot of short holes, which gives the golfer options off the tee. It has some really good holes, great bunkering, and nice greens. I'd call it an Elyria and Kirtland hybrid.