2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

All Things Ohio Golf

hazebronso

I am out for the 12th now, wife wants me to do something with her and I'll be gone all day on the 13th. I went to Indy early this morning and played 27 holes at Eagle Creek (Sycamore and Pines)

Sounds like my best chance to play with you is to meet you out of town :-) What time are you picking me up for Coyotee Preserve and Harrison Hills next Sunday...have clubs, will travel :tongue:

I am out for the 12th now, wife wants me to do something with her and I'll be gone all day on the 13th. I went to Indy early this morning and played 27 holes at Eagle Creek (Sycamore and Pines)

Sounds like my best chance to play with you is to meet you out of town :-) What time are you picking me up for Coyotee Preserve and Harrison Hills next Sunday...have clubs, will travel :tongue:

Let me know if you want to go, I can add you you to the tee time. I am leaving my house at 445am. Wont get back until about 830-9pm

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

Let me know if you want to go, I can add you you to the tee time. I am leaving my house at 445am. Wont get back until about 830-9pm

Sure, I will join. I love road trips. I also think we only live 10 miles apart or so. The only guy on WRX that likes golf road trips more then me is you. I have never played either of those courses and I love playing new courses.

Saturday the 12th - Just going to cancel this day. Keith, let me move you to the Friday round if that's ok. .

Friday the 18th - Frohlich, UC Bananboy, Keith...anybody else interested in joining. Not sure where you live UCBananaboy. You down here in Cincinnati? Any course you have in mind you want to play?

Stopped in at Miles of Golf to check out their garage sale today. Picked up a M1 driver w Kurokage shaft, traded in my R11 driver and a R11s 3 wood making the deal pretty sweet. I will however, hold on to my trusty other R11S driver just in case.e47ecbf952f326d23d46197ab99c054d.jpg

Stopped in at Miles of Golf to check out their garage sale today. Picked up a M1 driver w Kurokage shaft, traded in my R11 driver and a R11s 3 wood making the deal pretty sweet. I will however, hold on to my trusty other R11S driver just in case.e47ecbf952f326d23d46197ab99c054d.jpg

How long dies it last? Is it worth the trip from NKy considering the BRIDGE traffic?

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

^^^ Garage sale was Thursday until yesterday,Sunday I think.d82d4755e518eba9a2592008bf04b35f.jpg

Since I go back to work in 1 week, I am considering playing a round at one of the following courses Thursday morning;

UK Wildcat (already played Big Blue)

Foxfire Players

About the same drive, leaning towards Lexington.

Ralph Landrum at World of Golf in Florence, Ky has the Sam putting lab, etc...

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Anyone here played Catawba Island Club in Port Clinton? Had the pleasure of playing it today and it was absolutely fantastic. Conditions were impeccable, the layout was tough but fair and the greens were rolling at about a 12. Fantastic course, highly recommend anyone with a chance to play it to get out there ASAP.

Anyone here played Catawba Island Club in Port Clinton? Had the pleasure of playing it today and it was absolutely fantastic. Conditions were impeccable, the layout was tough but fair and the greens were rolling at about a 12. Fantastic course, highly recommend anyone with a chance to play it to get out there ASAP.

CIC is awesome, I first had the opportunity to play there in a Publinx qualifier, two years in a row (the last years of the event actually... as it has been replaced by the Fourball), and a friend of mine is a member who has been taking us up there for the past few years now for one of the stag days.

It's a tough test - tight with plenty of water, as should any course with 'Island' in its name ? - but fair and always in superb condition. If the wind is down it's short enough that if you keep the ball in the right spot on the greens you can make plenty of birdies. "Right spot" is crucial however because the greens are undulated and very slick!

I always clean up out there on my BIL who I typically give 13-14 shots in any given round, but if you're errant on this course (which he is), you're gonna get eaten alive.

Just checking back in. You guys still down to play next Friday the 18th. I don't care where we play...Walden Ponds, Stonelick, Heatherwoode, Yankee Trace, etc.... Just want to make sure we get a tee time if there is still interest.

Friday the 18th - Frohlich, UC Bananboy, Keith...anybody else interested in joining.

CIC annually hosts the US Open local qualifying in early May, and is usually around even par maybe a few under to get in. Great golf course, great conditions

not many NEOH'ers on here but anyone play Valley of the Eagles yet? They are open now for preview rounds...$40 for round/cart. No clubhouse or practice facilities yet but that is coming soon apparently

I am going to try and play it this week.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

Playing OSU Scarlet this afternoon. Supposed to be in pristine condition with the web.com coming there in two weeks! Pretty excited.

I love the scarlet. The 18th is possibly one of the most disappointing finishing holes I've played, but the course is a lot fun. If Jack hadn't made the bunkers so deep it would be even better!

Had a great time golfing with Frohlich in Indiana today. Back to work tomorrow!

41b876faa8e5fc1e54511021b79bb8a3.jpg

not many NEOH'ers on here but anyone play Valley of the Eagles yet? They are open now for preview rounds...$40 for round/cart. No clubhouse or practice facilities yet but that is coming soon apparently

I am going to try and play it this week.

cool, let me know how you like it. The last time I drove by was 2-3 weeks before they announced the opening and it didn't look like the conditioning was ready for an opening to me but a few weeks can make a big difference.

Played Oasis today. Arnold Palmer course. Amazing how similar it is to the Ravines in Michigan. Also a Palmer course I played a few weeks back.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

Played Oasis today. Arnold Palmer course. Amazing how similar it is to the Ravines in Michigan. Also a Palmer course I played a few weeks back.

Oasis is a good track - it's very similar to CCN in Beavercreek as well (and that's a Jack course).

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

Oasis is always in greay shape and one of the better courses in Cincy. We almost joined this year.

Oasis is a good track - it's very similar to CCN in Beavercreek as well (and that's a Jack course).

Ah good ol CCN. Read the break and divide by 2. You playing the Mid Am by chance?

Just checking back in. You guys still down to play next Friday the 18th. I don't care where we play...Walden Ponds, Stonelick, Heatherwoode, Yankee Trace, etc.... Just want to make sure we get a tee time if there is still interest.

Friday the 18th - Frohlich, UC Bananboy, Keith...anybody else interested in joining.

Sorry but I'm probably out for Friday. Something came up and I don't think I'll be able to reschedule :(. Let me know next time you try to get a group together.

Ah good ol CCN. Read the break and divide by 2. You playing the Mid Am by chance?

Sorry but I'm probably out for Friday. Something came up and I don't think I'll be able to reschedule :(. Let me know next time you try to get a group together.

I am yea - it's at my home course. If you want to play beforehand let me know.

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

No worries. I figured there were conflicts or other things came up...so I ended getting invited to a game at Belterra Friday afternoon and committed to that. As you said, hopefully we can get a WRX game going some other time.

No worries. I figured there were conflicts or other things came up...so I ended getting invited to a game at Belterra Friday afternoon and committed to that. As you said, hopefully we can get a WRX game going some other time.

I can't do this friday but would be willing another time. Need another ace haha!