2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Adams Fast 12 LS driver...uhhh, ballspeed -THEY DID IT AGAIN-

dlefty

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

so i am building a driver from scratch. i have a fast 12 ls 8.5 head and a grafalloy blue s shaft (not the prolaunch). any thoughts on this combination? i have a 105 SS and play a 9.5 nike now. launch angle is about 15 and spin about 4000rpm. i am hoping the 8.5 fast 12 ls and grafalloy blue S will lower flight and spin for me, as i have tried ALL mainstream drivers so far and got very little relief in the area of spin, so this led me to try a custom setup.

truthfully i don't really know what i'm doing though, lol, just read some reviews on cheap low spin shafts, and then found the head brand new for $40 and figured for a <$150 experiment with brand new equipment, this combo could be very suitable for me. any thoughts? thanks.

[quote name='kiteman' timestamp='1359911168' post='6355153']
so i am building a driver from scratch. i have a fast 12 ls 8.5 head and a grafalloy blue s shaft (not the prolaunch). any thoughts on this combination? i have a 105 SS and play a 9.5 nike now. launch angle is about 15 and spin about 4000rpm. i am hoping the 8.5 fast 12 ls and grafalloy blue S will lower flight and spin for me, as i have tried ALL mainstream drivers so far and got very little relief in the area of spin, so this led me to try a custom setup.

truthfully i don't really know what i'm doing though, lol, just read some reviews on cheap low spin shafts, and then found the head brand new for $40 and figured for a <$150 experiment with brand new equipment, this combo could be very suitable for me. any thoughts? thanks.
[/quote]

Did you try the new Adams Super LS? That thing keeps the spin super low. I was averaging around 2000 rpms on well struck drives using 9.5 stock Kuro Kage Stiff flex. I hover around 3500 with my Taylormade R11 with made for Fujikura Blur stiff flex.

[quote name='msegroves' timestamp='1359915425' post='6355537']

[/quote]

Did you try the new Adams Super LS? That thing keeps the spin super low. I was averaging around 2000 rpms on well struck drives using 9.5 stock Kuro Kage Stiff flex. I hover around 3500 with my Taylormade R11 with made for Fujikura Blur stiff flex.
[/quote]

heh, nope! have only tried the fast 12, which i hit better than any driver i have ever tried in terms of consistency. if the ls is similar but with lower spin, should be great for me. i just hope i did right on the shaft. anyone have opinions?

[quote name='kiteman' timestamp='1359945898' post='6358181']
Anyone?
[/quote]
It's hard to say, because you haven't given us a lot to go on. What Nike driver are you currently playing? There's a wide range of spin with various heads, not to mention many shafts that could change the equation.
I did a Trackman test recently with a RAZR fit (9.5*, set to 8.5) with AD-DI 7x against a Fast 12LS 8.5* set to 9.5*) with the stock Fubuki Alpha 60x, and my spin numbers were about 700 rpm lower with the Adams. Launch was about a degree lower.

The Blue is generally a pretty low spin shaft, so the combination with this head should bring your spin down, most likely.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

[quote name='kiteman' timestamp='1359919521' post='6355869']
[quote name='msegroves' timestamp='1359915425' post='6355537']

[/quote]

[/quote]

heh, nope! have only tried the fast 12, which i hit better than any driver i have ever tried in terms of consistency. if the ls is similar but with lower spin, should be great for me. i just hope i did right on the shaft. anyone have opinions?
[/quote]

Don't know if this will help or not but I have the FAST 12LS in a 9.5 degree loft and originally bought it with the Matrix Black Tie. I hit it pretty damn good but wanted to try my tried and true shaft ( for me anyway ) which is the original Grafally Blue. So I bought another Adams tip and installed the Blue and this is definitley the right combo for me. I am a happy camper.

So even though I am a happy camper true to the "golf ho" theory I think the new release will be better. So I picked up a 10.5* "tour issue" Adams Super LS head from a member here and played it this weekend. I played 36 yesterday, 18 with the Fast 12LS and 18 with the Super LS. No difference in distance or accuracy and I actually like the feel and sound of the Fast 12 better. Anyway nothing ventured nothing gained right.

So off the Craigslist goes the Super LS and the FAST 12LS with the Blue stays in the bag!!!!!!!!!!!

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
PUTTER -   LAB MEZZ MAX Blue head w/white Accra

LAB MEZZ MAX Red head w/black Accra
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT XL ON ALL

[quote name='kiteman' timestamp='1359945898' post='6358181']
Anyone?
[/quote]
Love the Graffaloy Blue shaft. I would guess that if you can load the darn thing it will help you drive the ball out there. Spin-wise I think it does a good job of keeping it down just as well as others. I use the Comp NT now and love it.

• 1 month later...

Silver sharpie,..

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Sorry to bump an old thread but has anyone found a good color match for touch up paint for the stock flat silver on this driver head?

Thanks,

- Josh

From Page 2 or 3 of this thread from Robopti

hey just an FYI to you F12 fans .. and to be honest one of the MAIN reasons I do like this driver

From a VERY VERY informed source matrix2.jpg

X-RAY.gif

The base color of the 12 series woods - the silver - is LITERALLY the exact same paint color as seen on the modern generation Mercedes Benz cars. Like this ..

[quote name='Ness' timestamp='1364662636' post='6726003']
The new Super LS got about 5 rounds in before I put the F12 LS back in the bag, it's hard to beat.
[/quote]

Same here, I have the 7.5 Fast 12 LS Glued version, the Tour Issue Super LS i bought is now on display. :)

TI M2 (2016) 8.5° AD-GP 6x (backup Adams Fast 12 LS 7.5°)
TI M2 (2016) 13° TS AD-GP 7x
TI P790 #1 UDI 14° KBS Tour Hybrid Graphite Prototype 95X (backup TI RSi TP UDI #1 16° MRC Kuro Kage Silver 90HY TX)
TI TM P790 3-PW NS Pro Prototype 2F15 X-Stiff
TI TM Milled GRIND 52° & 59° KBS Tour Nickel Black X-Stiff
TI Bullseye Tour Putter
KSIG/PROv1x

• 4 weeks later...

This summer once my job starts up and I get some cash flowin, gonna be looking for a tour spec 6.2x to throw in my fast 12ls, and have the head redone in matte black. I think it will then become possibly the sexiest, best driver Ive ever hit. For the first time in ages, I am not really tempted to upgrade my driver to a current model this year because this sucker just works so well. Ill probably give the RFE a go, as I have just heard superb reviews about it. However, as a college kid, if I've already got a bomber, can spend maybe 200-250 to make it the best club I've ever had, vs switching to a whole new club for 400 bucks plus whatever Id spend doing clubwork and the like, well I cant justify it. However if my pops just decides to purchase me a new club......well let the ho'ing begin.

Titleist TS2 9.5* w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 60x
Taylormade M2 Tour 15* w/Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 8x
Ping Anser 17* w/Fuji Motore Speeder TS 9.8x
Ping Anser 20* w/Fuji Motore Speeder TS 9.8x
Mizuno MP-18 SC 4-PW w/PX LZ 6.0
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 52* and 58* w/Dynamic Gold TI X100
SeeMore Mini Giant Deep Flange Stealth w/SuperStroke Flatso 3.0 CC
Winn DriTac w/4 extra wraps under bottom hand
ProV1

I just came home from dinner with Mrs. Redhill and Mr. FedX had delivered my mint (new in the plastic) Fast 12LS 10.5 stiff for $120.

After reading what you lads have posted about this beast, I'm looking forward to tomarrow's round.

I've been searching for a replacement for my 9015D with a Aldila NV X in it and hopefully this will get'er done. Cheers.

[quote name='Redhill' timestamp='1367028241' post='6925469']
I just came home from dinner with Mrs. Redhill and Mr. FedX had delivered my mint (new in the plastic) Fast 12LS 10.5 stiff for $120.

After reading what you lads have posted about this beast, I'm looking forward to tomarrow's round.

I've been searching for a replacement for my 9015D with a Aldila NV X in it and hopefully this will get'er done. Cheers.
[/quote]

I just got off the bay a 10.5 head with a myazaki c kua 43 stiff. Was a little windy here in Tucson, so I have to wait to see if it is a good fit. Swing only low 90's. Was hitting one in Golfsmith pretty good with the stock fubuki, stiff.

timothym

[quote name='Redhill' timestamp='1367028241' post='6925469']

[/quote]

I went Saturday to a local muni and got on about 3:00PM behind a women's tournament. I swear I can hit a golf ball 20 yards without 8 practice swings. Anyway after playing 6 holes in 2 hours I slammed the trunk and left. I didn't have much time to warm up but plenty of time in between shots and on the second hole, while not completely warm up I launch a nice sweet little swing on the LS and was jolted to see how far it went. I must have hit it on the screws because it was longer on that hole than when I have played that course with my 9015D.

I went to the local driving range to get familiar with it and found it to be long and longer. Misshits seemed to go pretty far and when I pulled off a glof swing it was very deep and easy to hit. I don't have the wrench to fart around with and when I get one its back to the range to dial it in. I hit it in the position it came in which I think would be neutral? I'm tending towards opening up the face and seeing what happens.

Is there an alternative to an Adams wrench available in some stores other than golf stores?

Anyone who has extra shafts for the ls head pm me. Looking for something stiff. Not a high dollar shaft.

Callaway Rogue ST LS ***  Fujikura Rombax Type X
Callaway Rogue ST LS 3wd w/Diamana D+ Whiteboard 70TX
Callaway Rogue ST LS 5wd w/Diamana D+ Whiteboard 80X
Callaway TCB 4-GW w/Project X 6.0
Callaway Jaws RAW 56/60
EvnRoll 5.2 Short Slant

After playing another round today with the Fast 12 LS and after adjusting the head a wee bit it's looking good. I moved it to -1 on the hosel to open the face, raise the lie and lower the loft. Sweet.

I'm finding it to be a whisper longer than the 9015D. However I would jump on the 9015D to go deep with it and it felt like I was really swinging hard. With the LS I'm finding it a little bit longer without anywhere near as much effort. I have mishit some drives, like a strong draw, not a hook but a strong draw that just felt like hitting a baseball off the end of the bat and been surprised to walk up on the ball and see actually how far it ending up going.

I think it's like any new driver, putter or sand wedge, after you both get to know each other better the results are splendid and consistent. My swing has been the major hold back to a better game and I'm thinking it's going to take a while but in the end I'm leaning toward it as a better choice for the bag than the previously favored 9015D

• 3 months later...

This club, with a Fubuki alpha stiff, was offered me as a loaner at the Golfmart store in San Rafael, CA. I'd never heard of the Adams Fast 12, and asked to test it out on the shop's indoor LM.

I wasn't at all warmed up, yet by my 5th or 6th swing, was far getting far better launch numbers than all the current (2013) drivers I had tested a month or so earlier at a demo day at my club. I'd tested both of the new Taylormades, Cobra Ampcell, Nike Covert ,Titleist 913, none of which I'd been thrilled with. None of them significantly outperformed my old Cleveland 460, now many years old. I was sort of grimly feeling I just had to live with the loss of distance and swing speed that has happened as I've gotten older.

Yet almost immediately with the Adams Fast 12 I was getting 254 total yards on the monitor--12 yards farther than anything I had previously tested this year, with near perfect spin (2600) and launch angle (13.6). My ss was only 91.2--though like I say I wasn't fully warmed up-- but I asked the salesman if he thought the stuff Fubuki alpha might be too stiff for me, should I consider a regular? He said no, due to the relatively soft tip, this would work fine for me, that there would be no distance gain from going with a regular, and that the stiff would only lead to less dispersion. He also said that even at full price last year, this club had been a great value due to the legit (not "made for")
Fubuki alpha shaft--that retails for $360. Upshot, when I got outside with this club I really loved it, and found one in 9.5 on ebay for $!00, that looked new, and included a high quality head cover.

Some conclusions / characteristics of this head/shaft combo:
Low-medium launch, very low spin, offering a wonderfully penetrating trajectory, with considerable roll-out. Can work the ball easily--this is a player's club; and it's easy to control launch angles higher or lower, so my saying this has a low-medium launch isn't written in stone, just what it naturally wants to do, but is easily altered.

Club is very forgiving, tight dispersion, even on mishits. The shaft is very stable, no matter how you load up. Whereas when I really cranked up on some of the other stock shafts, such as the one in the Nike Covert, I could get a duck hook that I'd never seen before, and thankfully, never since. After a very short while you won't even notice the blah gray head, that looks like a cheap toy radio. You'll like the clean "thunk" sound it makes, and how--better than any driver I've used before--it penetrates the afternoon winds, which at my club bordering San Francisco Bay, can be considerable. I'm 64 years old, but last week my first tee shot on the back 9--a baby draw (with a club and a half draw wind behind me)-- went 289--a part of this fairway I wasn't used to reaching. (But I'm not complaining!). I think Adams really made a good driver head here, but the sense I've gotten of late is that club manufacturers have taken driver heads about as far as they can legally go, and they're all pretty good. The thing that's gonna make the biggest difference now is finding a shaft that well fits your swing. By offering this good a shaft as a StOCK model, this club is a largely under-noticed GEM. And given the way Adams clubs depreciate, this is now also a huge VALUE. You owe it to yourself to at least check it out. Though over a year old now, this is the best driver I've yet to encounter.