How was GOLFWRX Created? (Answer on bottom of pg 1)

scratchswinger

Thanks for the memories! What a great site! So glad to see its doing so well.

Don't post very much here, but I was a member on GO and posted a lot on BSG as well. Banned on BSG like many here.

Todd had something good going for a while, but greed and stupidity clearly got the better of him. Can't try to run a site like North Korea when people can actually leave voluntarily. Great site here. Admire the model of objectivity. The only way to do it. Thanks!

This is such a great read! I was a lurker for about 5 months before I joined. I dont post much but read4-5 times a day. This was my timeline for finding wrx:

Spoiled kid is I the range where I'm a pro a d asks about his driver. I told him the shaft(bright green) is splintered by the hosel. I offer him an old bi matrix x that I had in the back. Install it for him and he told me he bought it from BSG. I had no idea. I started perusing a bit to get info.

Then I get a guy who knows his info and we are chatting and he tells me about wrx. Being a titleist staffer I never even thought about joining there. Now I go to look at their prices and posts when I need a good laugh.

Really glad this place has done so well. I know for a fact that this place helped push OEM's to cater to the golfer who wanted to play what the Tour guys were playing hence the TP series, adjustability, more shaft options etc... I know this because back in 05, 06 I was on a conference call with a CEO of one of these companys and their R&D dept, showing them that there was a market for that type of equipment. I think the good amateur golfer was tired of the 2* closed face that all the company's were rolling out with back then and we wanted to get our hands on what the tour guys were hitting. I am glad that I was able to be a part of that back then.

[quote name='KappaRaider' timestamp='1364326721' post='6700183']
Really glad this place has done so well. I know for a fact that this place helped push OEM's to cater to the golfer who wanted to play what the Tour guys were playing hence the TP series, adjustability, more shaft options etc... I know this because back in 05, 06 I was on a conference call with a CEO of one of these companys and their R&D dept, showing them that there was a market for that type of equipment. I think the good amateur golfer was tired of the 2* closed face that all the company's were rolling out with back then and we wanted to get our hands on what the tour guys were hitting. I am glad that I was able to be a part of that back then.
[/quote]

Yes sir.

Whatever happened to that old avatar of yours. Wasn't it Will Ferrell playin drums?.. Can't remember

[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1364652140' post='6725369']
[quote name='KappaRaider' timestamp='1364326721' post='6700183']
[/quote]

Yes sir.

Whatever happened to that old avatar of yours. Wasn't it Will Ferrell playin drums?.. Can't remember
[/quote]

Cowbell...I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!

Some member names and avatars just stick together.

[quote name='vaterman' timestamp='1363389663' post='6619925']
I am new here and by some fluke I read that post by demolitionman. First time I read it was kind of difficult for me to read yet intriguing. Guess I could relate but was not ready to fully accept that I was heading the exact same way. A couple of weeks later i came to think of that post and I read it again this time removing the blindfold from my eyes and confronted that I indeed had started to move along the same track.

Thanks to his post I caught myself in time and changed my habits radically. The post just hit home so clean once I really confronted my own situation. Its bin a while now and I have not "fallen back" into the dark road and i have thought many times that I owe demolitionman a huge thank you. If any of you still have some contact with him please let him know that his "last post" did a world of change for this weird dude in Denmark still 4 years after he wrote it and please tell him how much he helped me.

Also I would really like to now how he is doing now. I really hope he is doing all great again.

That being said I thank the creators of this site. I haven't even been a member for a year and I have learned so much. Especially through this site I got to read Ernest Jones and Manuel de la Torre. Which has been just the thing for me.

In a week I go for a month to stay in Clearwater Florida. Who knows if i see a real life WRX'er on one of the courses
[/quote]

:welcomeani: Velkommen til!

• 2 weeks later...

Iam late to this thread, but I wanted to post any way. I am just a person who enjoys golf and learning about golf equipmnt. I originally found BSG and thought the site was great until even I was able to realize if you did not agree about a certain brand being the best (w / lime green anything) you were not in the right place. I actually found WRX reading a post on BSG and after a few visits, I realized this site did not favor one brand and was not here solely for greed. The reason this has become my favorite site is the tremendous hard work put into it with photos each week and great discussions where your opinion can be heard. There is no greed by promoting one manufacturer-which is a good OEM, but there are others too!

I enjoyed reading about the start of the site and there is no doubt this site is for the members. Thank you again to everyone and all their hard work for this great site!

WITB:

PING G425 Max
PING G425 3W

PING G425 7W
PING G425 Hybrid 

TaylorMade P790 (2023)

Cleveland Wedges

TaylorMade Spider Vicino Putter
TaylorMade Tour Response

Vessel Stand Bag

Fun thread. I have an early member number (recruited by Joe I believe) but have kept a low profile, just as I did over at BSG and thus avoided a ban. Also a member at GO and its predecessor, GEA, and its predecessors (many places)...back WAY too far!!

Keep it up.

Kevin

TM SIM2 9*
TM SIM2 3 and 5 woods
TM SIM2 3 hybrid
Ping i210 5-AW Modus 105 stiff
Ping Glide 2,0 wedges 54SS/58ES  - Recoil 95 F3
TM Spider Tour
TM Tour Response

[quote name='carrera' timestamp='1366179164' post='6862887']
Fun thread. I have an early member number (recruited by Joe I believe) but have kept a low profile, just as I did over at BSG and thus avoided a ban. Also a member at GO and its predecessor, GEA, and its predecessors (many places)...back WAY too far!!

Keep it up.

Kevin
[/quote]Wasap Kev?

Long time no see! Hope everything good with ya and family.

Joe

[quote name='joey3108' timestamp='1366520519' post='6886401']
[quote name='carrera' timestamp='1366179164' post='6862887']

Keep it up.

Kevin
[/quote]Wasap Kev?

Long time no see! Hope everything good with ya and family.

Joe
[/quote]

Joe, my New Years resolution was to pay a visit to you! I am only a few months late!

All is well, I don't get over to the other side of the Bay much though I still play a few rounds a year over there. Three sports-playing boys are keeping me busy.

All the best to you.

Kevin

TM SIM2 9*
TM SIM2 3 and 5 woods
TM SIM2 3 hybrid
Ping i210 5-AW Modus 105 stiff
Ping Glide 2,0 wedges 54SS/58ES  - Recoil 95 F3
TM Spider Tour
TM Tour Response

I just wanted to say that I have been a member of several boards (bodybuilding.com and styleforum.net) and I have seen the good and bad of both. bb.com became a website full of the "popular" posters becoming company reps who received free supplements or even money to pimp their companies products.

styleforum uses sponsors, but they do not close threads based on a brand, and most people are gentlemen who simply care about suits and shoes and the like.

But this forum really does seem to be very cordial, and I see a lot less "trolls" than I have seen elsewhere. I have not ventured everywhere, but even the supposed "drama" I have seen pales in comparison to other forums, which is definitely a good thing!

Just wanted to say thank you to the mods/admins of golfwrx, keep up the good work :)

Stealth 2+ 10.5 - Ventus Black 6X

Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5 - Kaili Blue 70 TX
PXG 0311X Gen 4 - Ventus HB 10TX

PXG 0311P Gen 3- 4 iron - HZRDUS Red 105 X
PXG 0311P Gen 3 - 5 to PW - Nippon 125 X
Vokey SM9 Raw - 50F

Vokey SM9 Raw - 54S

Vokey Raw - 60K Low Bounce

Scotty Cameron X5R Flow Neck Torched Finish

[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1357015255' post='6146617']
[quote name='alcap26' timestamp='1357011230' post='6146383']
Member # 81 here and mentioned earlier (I feel special).

I first got introduced to golf forums back in 2002 when the whole bsg tsg feud started. I remember threats of lawsuits from canwesueemandhow and lots of banning until the year 2039 or something. Threats of lawsuits from canwesueemandhow, more threats from cruiser, and then so called attacks to take down the site. My wife called all of this a male version of a soap opera and I got hooked. I was and am grateful to have met some very good people over the years (albeit not in person). I was able to win a demolitionman contest once and won another where I got a free forged scratch wedge. I had a great time in numerous chats and one very long thread that had nothing to do with golf and very inappropriate at times ( I am sure Zojo is still in therapy). The tsg scene started to die down a bit and I got invited to join golfwrx in 2005. I joined and I have been thankful every since. I do not post much anymore and I am just now coming back to golf after a 5 year layoff (torn up wrist and an awesome 3 year old).

Thanks easyy and gx for this place. I am sure you have the patience of saints if you can put up with Mac as a mod. I am still a fan and I still love to see the new equipment but priorities are elsewhere and I will have to stick with the outdated bag that I have for now. Good luck to all and happy new year.

I still have one question: what would be the perfect off spring if a 757 and 660tr ever mated? (serious question...thinking of picking up another j33r 460 head and experimenting). I guess you can take the boy out of the hills but you can't take the hills out of the boy.
[/quote]

Thanks for saying hello and happy new year!

What is [color=#282828]the perfect off spring if a 757 and 660tr?[/color]
[/quote]

I'm gonna go with a 761TB as a cross between the two.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

I think it's cool to read other boards that are not golf releated and see a mention of this place. It has grown to a huge membership here and I think that's both good and bad. I read a lot more than I post anymore but I usually check in when I need info about a set of irons or other equipment.

I'm just glad it's still around and I am too.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='dereckbc' timestamp='1356730110' post='6130763']
[quote name='J.W.' timestamp='1356727614' post='6130551']if you disagreed you were suspended or banned. [/quote]Sounds like another forum I know of stuck in a Sand Trap.
[/quote]
Indeed, and the very reason that I've decided to come back to this forum having registered here so many years ago that I forgot that I'd done it.

Interesting thread, thanks for the historical info everyone.

• 3 weeks later...

I remember getting a warning from the BIG BUTTHEAD for mentioning golfhabit in a few posts. You couldn't mention anything that might lead others to purchase equipment elsewhere besides that site. What an asinine way to run things. The more and more he ran the place like a BUTTHEAD the bigger and bigger WRX got. I LOVE IT. The thing is I usually never came to WRX and stayed over there but after the outage and the BS, WRX became my new home. Hardly anyone goes over there any more. It seems like there are 10 regulars over there and a few lurkers. Good riddance to the doofus that ran that place into the ground. Every tour issue Taylormade head review was "I hit it to places I never hit before". And then it's for sale for over $1000 and people actually got duped into paying $500-$1000 for shafts.

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 7 wood Rogue 130MSI 80

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

[quote name='KaBoom21' timestamp='1370815674' post='7201274']
Can someone post or link Demolition Man's final post? Searching on the mobile version was unsuccessful.
[/quote]
Good reading
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/298512-demolitionman-is-no-more/page__hl__%20demolition%20%20man"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/298512-demolitionman-is-no-more/page__hl__%20demolition%20%20man[/url]

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I thoroughly enjoyed this read. Given all that has been stated I am happy that I have never ventured to any of the aformentioned sites. I lurked here for years before signing up in 2011 and didn't contribute a post until June of this year. GolfWRX is all I know. Thank you to the membership for welcoming an 'outsider' and great respect to those individuals who give me the opportunity to share ideas with people who are passionate about the game.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Found this site a long time ago in a google search for "TaylorMade 300 Tour" lol

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

[quote name='vaterman' timestamp='1370953784' post='7212590']
[quote name='KaBoom21' timestamp='1370815674' post='7201274']
Can someone post or link Demolition Man's final post? Searching on the mobile version was unsuccessful.
[/quote]
Good reading
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/298512-demolitionman-is-no-more/page__hl__%20demolition%20%20man"]http://www.golfwrx.c...demolition man[/url]
[/quote]

Thank you for recommending and then finding this post. A poignant read. I hope Chris has found peace and happiness.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the right place to post this comment, and its nothing definitive, but I think it needs to be out out there for discussion. If I'm off base, please tell me otherwise.

I follow several companies on social media, including TMAG and Callaway. I'm noticing on there a lot more interaction with another site, particularly around competitions, demo days, and other events. The only guys I see interact really with them are guys who post a lot here and have been on one of the trips already. I'm not a member on THP so I can't speak to all of the details, only what I see on social media.

I will say that WRX is plugged in and gets good scoops on the new gear and such, but it seems as though the WRX membership is not getting as involved as much lately with these companies. Maybe it's a cyclical thing, but I do wonder if any negativity/"fanboyness" we see in the new product release threads is carrying over, and changing company strategies regarding how they market to the different sites? Are we perceived differently than THP, or are we a different market segment?

As an example, search #thekingiscoming. It sounds cool, but WRX isn't involved. Seems like a missed opportunity, and I am wondering why.

Just my thoughts...I could be wrong.

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

• 4 weeks later...

I'm certainly an old timer on here, joining in 05. I've always been mostly lurker, don't usually post an answer/opinion unless I have one that hasn't already been said. Was at the Rareguitar outing in VB, and he went all out. Everyone had a great time despite very difficult (read insane) conditions. BSG lost a good number of people over how poorly they handled that whole event. I'm on the banned till 20-- from some of my comments, although I really don't know what post did it. I remember a pm that I was suspended from posting for 10 days or something because I defended rareguitar in a thread about his outing when some of the vegas crew came down hard on it.

This has become a great place talk about anything golf related, from instruction, to clubs from just on tour to vintage, hell even golf fashion. The guys who built this site, and the old timers that posted alot to get it up and running (of which I don't include myself) should be very proud of the community they've built.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='TheLastDon' timestamp='1382128809' post='8023077']
I'm certainly an old timer on here, joining in 05. I've always been mostly lurker, don't usually post an answer/opinion unless I have one that hasn't already been said. Was at the Rareguitar outing in VB, and he went all out. Everyone had a great time despite very difficult (read insane) conditions. BSG lost a good number of people over how poorly they handled that whole event. I'm on the banned till 20-- from some of my comments, although I really don't know what post did it. I remember a pm that I was suspended from posting for 10 days or something because I defended rareguitar in a thread about his outing when some of the vegas crew came down hard on it.

This has become a great place talk about anything golf related, from instruction, to clubs from just on tour to vintage, hell even golf fashion. The guys who built this site, and the old timers that posted alot to get it up and running (of which I don't include myself) should be very proud of the community they've built.
[/quote]

I have been around here, BSG, and freegolfinfo since around 2005.

I knew rareguitar personally, even played some golf with him in VA Beach once. He was extremely nice and accomodating. I think some just got jealous of him because he had a very successful business and was able to buy any golf stuff he wanted. He built his real estate business after coming out of the marines (if I remember correctly), so I can respect that.

personally, I like golfwrx the best. THP just confuses me with all the ads on the pages.

PXG Black Ops Tour driver 

PXG g5 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade Qi10 5 wood

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade MG4 46/52/58wedges

Bettinardi BB1 putter