How was GOLFWRX Created? (Answer on bottom of pg 1)

scratchswinger

[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1357016666' post='6146659']
[quote name='philsRHman' timestamp='1357016370' post='6146647']
Love that you added the "member #" and "joined" back to our posts. I quite often look at that for context, to see if I'm talking to an established member, a newcomer, etc. Not that it always matters, but gives some nice perspective.
[/quote]

Glad you noticed. We did it as a result of this thread.

Happy New Year!!! :golfer:
[/quote]
Who are members 1 thru 10. Anyone know??????????

[quote name='MrParr1Noid' timestamp='1357085957' post='6150457']
[quote name='alcap26' timestamp='1357011230' post='6146383']
Member # 81 here and mentioned earlier (I feel special).

I first got introduced to golf forums back in 2002 when the whole bsg tsg feud started. I remember threats of lawsuits from canwesueemandhow and lots of banning until the year 2039 or something. Threats of lawsuits from canwesueemandhow, more threats from cruiser, and then so called attacks to take down the site. My wife called all of this a male version of a soap opera and I got hooked. I was and am grateful to have met some very good people over the years (albeit not in person). I was able to win a demolitionman contest once and won another where I got a free forged scratch wedge. I had a great time in numerous chats and one very long thread that had nothing to do with golf and very inappropriate at times ( I am sure Zojo is still in therapy). The tsg scene started to die down a bit and I got invited to join golfwrx in 2005. I joined and I have been thankful every since. I do not post much anymore and I am just now coming back to golf after a 5 year layoff (torn up wrist and an awesome 3 year old).

Thanks easyy and gx for this place. [b][u] I am sure you have the patience of saints if you can put up with Mac as a mod[/u][/b]. I am still a fan and I still love to see the new equipment but priorities are elsewhere and I will have to stick with the outdated bag that I have for now. Good luck to all and happy new year.

I still have one question: what would be the perfect off spring if a 757 and 660tr ever mated? (serious question...thinking of picking up another j33r 460 head and experimenting). I guess you can take the boy out of the hills but you can't take the hills out of the boy.
[/quote]

Hey Lana :) . Long time no see. Where the heck have you been? You and "CAndy" both have been AWOL, and Mike? He got better and quit coming around as well.

Chat room hasn't been used for 5 years, dust in the corners, and cobwebs all over the place. I was sweeping out behind the door a couple weeks ago, and I think Zojo was still in the corner... :lol:

[color=#282828]p.s. Alan, you must have forgotten the night that Andy called you Lana...[/color] :)[color=#282828] In the above^^^I referred to Andy as CAndy. Lost humor I guess... [/color] ;)
[/quote]

Zojo! I was trying remember a few more...lol. I kept on thinking the "one who is always on". Glad someone has a good memory.

God Bless
Jer

PXG 3011X Gen 4 w/ ????
M5 T.I. 14* w/ Aldila STX Tour Green 85TX
????
4-PW Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro w/ Modus 130X
52* Cobra MIM/ Modus 130X
58* TM Hi Toe w/ Modus 130X
64* TM Hi Toe w/ Modus 130X
???? w/BGT Stability Shaft/Tour Quad Proto

Jer, not sure about having a good memory but here are a few from wwwwaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back... :)

cclaeys, Cory, ChainSaw, amajeski, Jer, Tom from Alabama but can't remember his user name, 63wagon, AkFly, alcap26, Boonie, Didier, Jack0,...theInsider, Prozach (kascoPro) and berou came later... I give up for now but there were no less than 15 others who were regulars. This gang went through more than (6) chat rooms before settling in here. I haven't been anywhere since then, with the exception of "The New GO" but I'm not sure if they / we have a chat room there or not. No one chats now...too bad too cause it's the most fun, and the best way to come up with ideas to post from.

KascoPro was bugging me to join here, and when he finally convinced me to? I was #382 I believe. We were all looking for the best chat room to hang our hats... :lol:

p.s. And in all those chat rooms (6), and all the trades, barters, and buys, I can't remember anyone every getting messed over in a B/S/T...strictly the honor system but all the chat gang were trust worthy for sure...

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser 

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1357092961' post='6151091']
How did you guys pay each other for equipment pre PayPal? Internet hand shake and money order?
[/quote]

All of the above. Like I said, all the gang we were with were trustworthy. I remember telling CrazyCal that I wouldn't have the money till Wednesday but I would buy the Fuji. About Monday the shaft came in the mail, and I hadn't paid yet. About half the time guys sent before or at the time of payment...check, cashiers check, VISA, PayPal or trade. Guys had character.

Too many business's selling in the B/S/T but it is hard to distinguish who's private seller or who's commercial seller.

Dave Whitlam Anser 

[quote name='MrParr1Noid' timestamp='1357093365' post='6151143']
How did you guys pay each other for equipment pre PayPal? Internet hand shake and money order?
[/quote]

All of the above. Like I said, all the gang we were with were trustworthy. I remember telling CrazyCal that I wouldn't have the money till Wednesday but I would buy the Fuji. About Monday the shaft came in the mail, and I hadn't paid yet. About half the time guys sent before or at the time of payment...check, cashiers check, VISA, PayPal or trade. Guys had character.

Too many business's selling in the B/S/T but it is hard to distinguish who's private seller or who's commercial seller.
[/quote]

Mac,

It's still more than that. These guys knew you. You had been around and you had invested time and energy in the site. I could ask any posters I knew what the rep of "MizunoMP14" was and someone was likely to have done a deal with you. They could tell me if you were straight up or if you were shady. Even back then, there were chuckleheads that were known to be a pain in the butt to deal with. They might take forever to pay or hold on to your money for a while before shipping.

Today, you have people that are here to do nothing but sell. I remember one post from a WRXer that said something to the effect that he "didn't have time for the forums." But he has time to take photos and list BST ads. That's someone that is an immediate red flag for me. Why are they not just selling on eBay? Do they really care about golf or the forums, or are they just trying to flip for cash? To me, even 75 posts is barely enough to get to know someone.

I go back to the old CBS Golfweb boards and if you didn't have a great rep, you had a tough time selling. I built a rep because I had access to a FTP and put up good hi-res (at the time) photos of the gear I wanted to trade. Once you became a known name with a good rep, people would trust you and deals were a lot easier to be made.

I loved the old days when you could trust people enough that they would send you equipment and tell you to send a check if you liked it or send it back if you didn't. I don't think you could ever do that on the BST today with two random WRXers.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

Hi all - old and new WRX'ers!

Been here a long long time and previously also on BSG back in the day.
Good to see a lot of the old farts chiming in - I've never posted much, but visit here every single day enjoying the wealth of info still :to_become_senile:

...and a Happy New Year to All!

cheers,
Soeren

My bag
TM SIM2 Max driver, G425 Max woods, Titleist 818 hybrid, Srixon Z565 irons, Vokey SM7 wedges, Yes Tracy III putter

[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1357106135' post='6152107']
[quote name='MrParr1Noid' timestamp='1357093365' post='6151143']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Mac,

It's still more than that. These guys knew you. You had been around and you had invested time and energy in the site. I could ask any posters I knew what the rep of "MizunoMP14" was and someone was likely to have done a deal with you. They could tell me if you were straight up or if you were shady. Even back then, there were chuckleheads that were known to be a pain in the butt to deal with. They might take forever to pay or hold on to your money for a while before shipping.

Today, you have people that are here to do nothing but sell. I remember one post from a WRXer that said something to the effect that he "didn't have time for the forums." But he has time to take photos and list BST ads. That's someone that is an immediate red flag for me. Why are they not just selling on eBay? Do they really care about golf or the forums, or are they just trying to flip for cash? To me, even 75 posts is barely enough to get to know someone.

I go back to the old CBS Golfweb boards and if you didn't have a great rep, you had a tough time selling. I built a rep because I had access to a FTP and put up good hi-res (at the time) photos of the gear I wanted to trade. Once you became a known name with a good rep, people would trust you and deals were a lot easier to be made.

I loved the old days when you could trust people enough that they would send you equipment and tell you to send a check if you liked it or send it back if you didn't. I don't think you could ever do that on the BST today with two random WRXers.
[/quote]

Ah, those were good old times. I recalled doing so many transactions on Golfweb, mostly Cameron putters. Some transactions would take a while if seller wishes to be paid by money order then mail it once it clears. However, there were several sellers that I did some previous deals with or by my rep, they would often ship items while I mail my personal check the same day.

I think Paypal started in year 2000 or maybe before that. I recalled I got my 1st ripoff ever even after many Golfweb transactions was on my very first paypal transaction(Feb 2000) buying an electronic item but eventually got my money back through San Diego courts with last restitution payment made in 2011. Paypal was new at that time and didn't care about anyone but making money. It's funny, now nearly 13 years later, I got rip off on my 1st Paypal transaction but I can't recall any other bad Paypal transactions since then.

Nowdays, with this WRX's feedback system, it's much easier to trust many sellers and buyers here.

63 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

TM Stealth 10.5, GD XC-6 stiff

TM Qi10 3HL GD DI-7 stiff

TM SIM2 Rescue 19* & 23*

TM P770 5-PW, DG120 S300

TM MG4 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1356795363' post='6133655']
[quote name='kevcarter ' timestamp='1356794184' post='6133581']
[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1356791736' post='6133419']
I can remember when you and a bunch of otehr guys were really frustrated. I can't remember the specifics but I do remember there was mutiny on the bounty. The model of profiteering off of the members was broken.

I will never forget throwing in a hail mary and calling BH once. He took my call and I told him to stop selling and make his $ with the "insiders" subscription. I told him the model was dysfunctional and wont last. His reply was "cant happen".

GolfWRX was started then. It was a seed in my head. I reached out to Speeder617 (Art) and Joe Kwok. I wanted to get 5 guys to do this with me. At teh End I was the only one that ponied up the $ to get it going. Then Ryan ponied up to. We were in some serious debt. It took us years to dig out of that but worth it. Ryan and I both have good careers and could afford some cash but we wernt a bank.

I was (and still am) obsessed. Simply obsessed to make this work. Honestly... all of it was to protect us as a whole from the evil empire. LOL. Laugh but it is true. It is crazy to look back.

Thank god my wife was cool about it. By son was 6 and my daughter was 4 when we started. I was always sneaking over to the computer. There was most nights when my wife would be watching TV and I would be off the the right on this old crappy circular wood table that I worked on. Crappy internet and a worst chair. She always wondered why I was doing it and thought I was off.

I still work as hard as I did. Now 46 years old and my boy is 13 and my girl is 11. They are with in 15 feet of me as I type.

Driven then to create a playground for us and driven today to improve the same playground. Always thinking of threats to it and how to make it better so you dont ever ever ever want to leave.

Richard :)
[/quote]

I loved it over there and fought you guys far too long. I can't believe how blind I was to what was happening...
[/quote]

Hold on now. All the big dogs are rolling in here.

Yea... I can remember doing the same. I also remember my loyalty switching from Golf Opinions to BSG. I held on strong till I couldnt take it any longer. Then I was all BSG till things got stupid. It seems crazy to some but after you spend hours, days, weeks... hundreds of threads and more posts you (I) was invested. I felt as if I was part of it. To leave meant leaving all that work and text. My profile and everything.

That is exactly why we feel the burden to maintain excellence here. To protect the interests and all the history invested by all of our members. 3 days old or 8 years old. Time is time and hopefully that time will be preserved forever online.

BTW... did you know GolfWRX bought Golf Opinions a few years ago. She is live. We did it to preserve some history.

R
[/quote]

R,

Remember the Big Dog shootout with the Cleveland heads stamped "TDC" over at BSG? I supplied those for them. The OEM's hated Capt. Thumbring, but when Cleveland asked me if they should send some heads in, I got them in touch with him. As a joke, they stamped "TDC" on the hosels. Stood for "Those Dumb C**ts" For awhile, I was a member here and there--then I had a serious falling out with the boys over there. One guy became a shaft expert exactly 2 weeks after not knowing what soft-stepping meant. DClown and Thumbring were out of hand. So I left and never looked back. Love it here. I know I'm a pain in the a$$ sometimes, but I love the friends I've made here. Keep up the good fight.

I sometimes forget an important part of my time here. This is my 2nd screen name. I was here VERY EARLY in another form, and got banned due to a disagreement with a popular putter maker when I posted his demise with a major manufacturer. I've been a better boy since then :)

We had a lot of fun with the headcover. TheVelvetCat (I miss Rusty) showed off his craftsmanship and added a subtle change to the headcover. The BANNED cover made it all over the country. Everyone that was on vacation until 2036 loved it and wanted to have it photographed on their bag. Note Sam's matching hat and lime green polo:

post-664-1194316428-1_thumb.jpg

post-664-1194316429-3_thumb.jpg

I still have that headcover in my garage. The A is coming unglued but it's still kicking.

[quote name='br61' timestamp='1357136772' post='6152857']
[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1357106135' post='6152107']

[/quote]

Ah, those were good old times. I recalled doing so many transactions on Golfweb, mostly Cameron putters. Some transactions would take a while if seller wishes to be paid by money order then mail it once it clears. However, there were several sellers that I did some previous deals with or by my rep, they would often ship items while I mail my personal check the same day.

I think Paypal started in year 2000 or maybe before that. I recalled I got my 1st ripoff ever even after many Golfweb transactions was on my very first paypal transaction(Feb 2000) buying an electronic item but eventually got my money back through San Diego courts with last restitution payment made in 2011. Paypal was new at that time and didn't care about anyone but making money. It's funny, now nearly 13 years later, I got rip off on my 1st Paypal transaction but I can't recall any other bad Paypal transactions since then.

Nowdays, with this WRX's feedback system, it's much easier to trust many sellers and buyers here.
[/quote]

Hey Bill, what's up? Heck, I can't remember if I've paid you for that last set of irons I got from you... :lol: ...You heard from P D lately?

And Brad, whether guys knew me back then or not, that gang was honest and had scruples, that's why... :)...I can't remember if you were ever in those chat sessions or not...but you should have been... :pimp:

Dave Whitlam Anser 

[quote name='MrParr1Noid' timestamp='1357153726' post='6154359']
Hey Bill, what's up? Heck, I can't remember if I've paid you for that last set of irons I bought from you... :lol: ...You heard from P D lately?

And Brad, whether guys knew me back then or not, that gang was honest and had scruples, that's why... :)...I can't remember if you were ever in those chat sessions or not... :pimp:
[/quote]

Yes, PD and I still keep in touch occasionally. A good guy to talk with. I see Martin once a while, next time you're down in my area, let me know for a little chat or golf.

63 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

TM Stealth 10.5, GD XC-6 stiff

TM Qi10 3HL GD DI-7 stiff

TM SIM2 Rescue 19* & 23*

TM P770 5-PW, DG120 S300

TM MG4 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

We had a lot of fun with the headcover. TheVelvetCat (I miss Rusty) showed off his craftsmanship and added a subtle change to the headcover. The BANNED cover made it all over the country. Everyone that was on vacation until 2036 loved it and wanted to have it photographed on their bag. Note Sam's matching hat and lime green polo:

post-664-1194316428-1_thumb.jpg

post-664-1194316429-3_thumb.jpg

Crikey...that had to be all the way back in 2008. Funny how it's been 4-5 years already.

[quote name='dmboak' timestamp='1357174551' post='6156377']
Crikey...that had to be all the way back in 2008. Funny how it's been 4-5 years already.
[/quote]

That was a fun trip. Especially St. James and Splendors.

Of course, all the Houston boys stayed at home and read scripture... :rolleyes:

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

Great thread. Fills in alot of the blanks for us newer members. Confirms impressions and sometimes even some (pleasant) surprises... I've seen alot of forums come and go -- joined my first back in the late '80's on CompuServe... :swoon: Amazing to see the same process of closeness, then venting, then commercialism, and finally disintegration occur over and over across forums on a wide range of topics. The key to survivorship seems to be what Y3 and others here knew from the start -- that keeping it on the high road and keeping the money out of it will attract (and keep) the kind of membership that is genuinely looking for real connection and talk that ends up being valued beyond the life of a rant or a thread. Not surprised to find those kind of values among real golf lovers, but I still want to add my thanks for it. Genuinely pleased to have found WRX. Happy New Year to all.

[color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]_________________________________[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Epon AF-153 / TRPX M1st[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Ryoma 2017 F5[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]A-Grind CMB2 DI / Crazy STP[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Miura HB3 18 / ProjX[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][size=2]Seven MCB 5-AW[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]A-Grind 56-onset / NS WV105[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Cally forged copper 64 / DGspin[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Seven Benock Pantaleone [/font][/size][/color][/size][/font][/color]

I'm member 391, I think. I can remember doing deals with Crazy Cal and BR61 and never had to worry about getting paid or paying them. It was just understood that you give your word and your reputation reflected that. Hate to see that that is no longer the way business is done. Bill and I still do this without worry.

Wow..just love this thread and can't believe how many memories it brings back.

It's seems like so much has passed that it is easy to forget many of the details from those early days.

I was a heavy poster at GO. At that point there were not a lot of guys who worked in the golf industry in the forums so there was a lot of "insight" I could share. It was not exactly hopping with activity at GO, as solid as it was, and when GolfWRX started a few guys pointed me over here for a look.

I was immediately drawn to the high standards that Richard and Ryan had set out; it was refreshing and had principles that really clicked with me. Going all the way back to rec.sport.golf forums I had finally found a place where hatred was last thing on the menu.

Those early days saw a pretty small but active group in the chat rooms - I spent countless hours getting to know a bunch of guys.

Eventually I was asked to be a moderator and also spent a bunch of time helping the guys get to know some industry ropes. I contributed a bunch of content to the early days of what would become the front page that Zac handles so well now. It was a pleasure to help where I could knowing how well intentioned the site was, and remains.

At various PGA Shows over the years I've come to know the guys much better and I tend to see Greg (pga43) the most at various tour events and media outings during the season.

I'm really proud of Richard and Ryan and how they have maintained their passion while sticking to exactly what they set out to do. This, even as their baby grew to be the biggest of it's kind in the world.

I don't spend as much time here as I would like now but I am always proud to know I was here in the beginning.

I hope every member appreciates what a truly unique place this is among the many pretenders who try and copy it's success.

It all starts with R&R and the way they have committed to creating the ultimate golf hangout online is what makes this place continue to be great.

In 2005 when I would ask other golfers about GolfWRX.com they would look at me like I had two heads, now whenever I get to talk with the top executives at major manufacturers or with tour players they all seem to know about the site.

Pretty cool to see how this baby has grown.

This is a great site, thanks to all the moderators and staff who work so hard to keep it going.

I'm by no means a prolific poster, but have been here for over 7 years now. Actually got a 50-odd year suspension from BSG for name checking Golfwrx in a thread, I think I commented that your WITB pics were the best out there. It's sad that I'm proud of that fact - and hey, it's true!!

I remember being a GolfOpinions junkie for a couple of years until I came across this place in 2005. I can't believe how long ago that was now that I think about it. This site has evolved into THE place for golf info and discussion. Nothing else comes close. Here's to another great year(s)! :drinks:

Ping G430 Max 9* Kai’li white 60

Callaway Paradym 15*
Titleist TSR2 21* hybrid Atmos blue
Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-P

Titleist SM9 48*
Titleist SM7 54* & 58* Slate Blue
Ping Ketch/SC Select Newport II Midslant

I went from GO, to BSG,, and now here. The best friend Wrx ever had was TT aka BH og owner of BSG. He did more things to drive the membership over to Wrx than a million dollars worth of advertising. :D
I love this place and life would suck without Wrx. :D
Also would like to add that I've met some really really really cool people over the years here on WRX as well as BSG.

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 7 wood Rogue 130MSI 80

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

[quote name='Fore(ged)' timestamp='1357428841' post='6174805']
Probably a stupid question, but what does the WRX mean in Golf WRX?
[/quote]

Like Subaru WRX or PingWRX or Public WRX... it represents the technical side of Golf. We say it W-R-X also and don't say it "works" or nobody would find us.

I remember making a comment on the other Big website and getting banned for life. He didnt like the fact some of us knew he had a deficiency in golfing skills. Went in recently and yup I'm still banned. Man this was back in 2005 or so. At the time I told my buddy who was attending NCS on a golf scholarship. He told me about this site. Joined in but there was not much going on at the time for me to respond to so I was a taker. Then the season began here in Michigan........, when I came back I forgot my login in stuff and had to rejoin and became a charter member. Over the years have enjoyed all the information and honestly it is amazing how this site has grown. Its so damn big now, more giveaways than posts........... uh oh am I going to get banned?

I've been very thankful and frustrated with this site! This has been the only sport based forum site I've ever been on. If I can't find a review, info, bst or anything here I'm SOL. Lol.

I will continue to use this site as long as I am alive and will continue to search you Gentlemen out for advice, support and for somewhere safe to go.

Thank you everyone,
Chuck

Titleist TSi3 Oban Devotion 04
Titleist 910F UST Mamiya Black

Titleist 910H UST Mamiya Red
Mizuno MP-68 4-W KBS C Taper Stiff+
Mizuno MP T-11 52,56,60 KBS Custom Stiff
Ping Kushin 4
Titleist Pro V1

This thread has really brought back good memories. I started off on BSG and GO. Was on BSG for a long time. Was turned on to this site by someone over at GO. I knew it was time to jump ship from BSG when the good guys like ROBO and Stage had disappeared. Banned until 2036 from what I know now. I've gotta say I was shocked to see DTown post here one day. I always thought in the end that DTown was a good guy trapped in a bad situation. This site has become much much better that BSG ever was and it has been nice seeing all the old screen names in this thread. I really want to thank everyone who has put so much hard work into making this site so good! I lurk alot more than I post but I really appreciate all the hard work.

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Aldila Rogue Silver 60X
Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 16.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 70s
Callaway XR Pro 3-PW KBS Tour V 110S
Ping Anser 50 KBS Tour 120S
Ping Tour S Rustique 54 bent to 55 KBS Tour 120S
Callaway XForged 60 TT S400
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 2012

I'd have to say that as a long time member that this site has not only grown but really stayed very close to the vision and core values. I'm very rarely dissapointed with the site. We ebb and flow with the trolling and flames, but it's a very solid group. I also think that the quality of the transaction b/s/t aide has remained much higher than other sites or the bay.

Imo and slightly off topic, BSG was an exceptional example of a self reinforcing marketing community. Get tour gear, provide it to a subset of members who review positively, sell to more new members. Brilliant as business model, but terrible as a medium to create dialogue and discussion about golf.

[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1356828915' post='6136165']
The Rareguitar outing in Va Beach was another example of the moron showing his true colors. Rareguitar (Brad) put out a lot of time and money to make that happen and those of us who went were treated to a TPC course set up for PGA. We played TPC Virginia Beach the week before the Va Beach Open.

Where Mandal-boy could have shown up with a bucket of clubs and had a good chance of selling them all, he didn't show at all. Didn't support the outing with prizes or discounted prizes. And later, turned on Brad when he was showing off his different clubs and toys. (His Ferrari was sweet!)

That was a tough pill to swallow for those of us that had been invited into his home to meet his wife and children and enjoy a nice BBQ/kegger that he set up. It was easy to see who the good guy was and who was the POS.

After that, every time he would ban/alienate a good member, a dozen other members would leave with the good guy.
[/quote]

Wow, this thread brings back a lot of memories. Mostly of email exchanges with Todd telling him he was losing the site and why and him eventually banning me until, you guessed it 2036. I don't remember when I joined here but I know it was early and since the fallout of everything, I had pretty much signed off on golf forums. Especially since I've had the same set of clubs in my bag since 2005.

Brad put so much time and effort into that outting it was an absolute disgrace to read the reasons from Todd why he couldn't/wouldn't attend. After talking to those that had played with him in the past it quickly became apparent that it was because he coulnd't play to the level they said they could and they didn't want to be figured out. I made a lot of great friends on BSG, including Stage, and I've kept in contact with several of them over the last five or six years since we were all "Exiled" for various reasons including BLav28 who is my regular golfing buddy here in San Diego these days.

A lot has changed in my life in the last five years, I got married, did three deployments with the Navy, had another kid, and moved to San Diego, but through it all, those guys that I became good friends with on BSG have always been there to keep me laughing. Even when I was 9,000 miles away with crappy internet access on a frigate bobbing along in the Persian Gulf.

It's nice to see what this place has become. I'll have to start perusing around the forums again and get caught up on the latest stuff now that I'm off of a ship and actually have a little time to play every once in a while. Congrats on the site easyyy, it has come a really long way!

WITB:
Driver: Taylormade SIM 2  
3W: Honma TR21  
4-6: Honma TR-21V  

7-10: Honma TR21B  
52*: Vokey 52F
58*: Vokey 58D
64*: Vokey 64M (62 bent to 64)
Putter: Depends on the day and which ones are in time out
Ball: ProV1x