How was GOLFWRX Created? (Answer on bottom of pg 1)

scratchswinger

[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1356924735' post='6141739']
[quote name='DTown3011' timestamp='1356912377' post='6140803']
...I'm quite sure stage hates me...
[/quote]

Water under the bridge, Derek.

If you go back to some of my early posts over there, you can probably find me being a defender. The wool was over my eyes, as it was a lot of ours for a while. Over time, a lot of us started to see what was really happening. We unplugged from the propaganda, the shyster sales pitches, and the need to defend the faith. Yes, it annoys me to butt heads with those that feel the need to defend the indefensable. But it's also nice to gain back the people that used to be good guys before they were blinded by the cult.

That paragraph may or may not apply to other places besides BSG... ;)

That said, if your eyes are open and the love for golf and equipment is still there, we will always have something in common and this site will always be a place to discuss it.

Happy holidays to you and your family!
-Brad
[/quote]

Wow. Brad.... I think I just got emotional. That is the closes thing to a bro hug I have seen out of you in all these years.

I also wanted to get you post in a quote form so when you try to edit it the history is saved in this post of mine. :air_kiss:

Richard,

I think that statement is fair for a large quantity of our membership. I think we all went through the steps of denial in our journey through golf-ho anonymous.

I also have said it multiple times: the membership is what makes these sites special. A lot of WRXs membership used to be the membership over there. And before the unpleasantness, that place was special too. The bad news is that mandal wearing SOB still owes me a hundred bucks!

Each of us ended up over here for a reason: we opened our eyes and wanted to congregate where people give a damn about golf and equipment rather than "the money." We are passionate about equipment, yet dispassionate, analytical, and critical in our equipment reviews. As long as the site stays that way, we will avoid the temptation of manna and can learn from the mistakes that made us walk away the other site.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

[quote name='SPY ZINGER' timestamp='1356925168' post='6141779']
[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1356924983' post='6141755']
Now, all we need is AdamMull and Samm980 to be unbanned for a real "Kumbaya" moment... :rolleyes:
[/quote]
...The driver reflection photo is still lodged in my brain.
[/quote]

I know FSmith84 took the advice of some of his "exiled" buddies and married a great lady. I don't see him posting as much here. He got sucked into the evil known as Twitter. But Fredo was another kid who loved to talk equipment on the other site.

:wave:

[attachment=1470221:mandals.jpg]

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser 

[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1356926811' post='6141897']
Richard,

I think that statement is fair for a large quantity of our membership. I think we all went through the steps of denial in our journey through golf-ho anonymous.

I also have said it multiple times: the membership is what makes these sites special. A lot of WRXs membership used to be the membership over there. And before the unpleasantness, that place was special too. The bad news is that mandal wearing SOB still owes me a hundred bucks!

Each of us ended up over here for a reason: we opened our eyes and wanted to congregate where people give a damn about golf and equipment rather than "the money." We are passionate about equipment, yet dispassionate, analytical, and critical in our equipment reviews. As long as the site stays that way, we will avoid the temptation of manna and can learn from the mistakes that made us walk away the other site.
[/quote]

Well said my friend... well said!

Richard,

Thanks for telling me about the thread. I'm an April 05 member, a castoff of GO and BSG. I had met Joe Kwok in 04 and he told me about the start of a new forum, an open forum where the members were going to drive the threads, where Golfers experiences with new equipment were going to heard. I met Ryan in the spring of 06 when he organized an outing for those of us in NorCal where he lives and works. The newish NCGA course in Livermore Poppy Ridge, I played with, Kascopro(Zach), Demo(chris), Raidernut(russ), Hairpie, Shortknocker, JKwok, Johnny, Golfware.

We had a blast and new friendships were born. Golfers as nuts as me about equipment and the Greatest Game! My best golfing days are behind me but I'll never leave the game I love. I can't Thank you enough Richard and Ryan for your sacrifices to create us a very cool place to hangout and enjoy. Here's to many more years to come!

Cheers Ice

TM SIM Max 9* Tensei Orange 60
Titleist TS2 16.5 Motore X 75
Ping g400 20.5 DVS 85
Titleist 818H1 23* Diamana 90

Ping i500 5-7, iBlade 8-Pw 
Ping Glide 53, 58, Callaway 64*
Kevin Burns “Icemakr” custom
Stage IV MELANOMA SURVIVOR
“kids wear your sunscreen !!"

OG wrxer (check my member #)

That BS insider subscription was the biggest waste of $100 in my life. A headcover was included in the membership, which I never received. I remember PMing that scam artist and asking him to please send me a headcover.. NEVER received a response. As a trick I sent him another PM pretending to be interested in one of his hype $850 hotmelted drivers... bam quick response back to me. I then replied telling him I wanted a refund for my insider membership if he wasn't going to send me the headcover..... MY ACCOUNT THEN GOT BANNED..... I then learned of this utopia of a golf forum through people on TSG. Thank you Richard, Ryan, Joe K. and everyone else..

We had a lot of fun with the headcover. TheVelvetCat (I miss Rusty) showed off his craftsmanship and added a subtle change to the headcover. The BANNED cover made it all over the country. Everyone that was on vacation until 2036 loved it and wanted to have it photographed on their bag. Note Sam's matching hat and lime green polo:

post-664-1194316428-1_thumb.jpg

post-664-1194316429-3_thumb.jpg

Richard, thanks for sharing the story. It's always nice to know the how and why we all came together. Hopefully if the Spring Myrtle Beach trip comes off, there will be a lot more 19th hole type stories.

I came here like many others. Disgruntled with other sites. For me it was mostly frustration with TGC Board. Both the poor technical operation of the site, and how pretty much it was an unsupervised playground for bullies and trolls. I heard about BSG and spent a short amount of time there, but quicky realized it wasn't for me either.

I honestly can't say how I found about GolfWrx or how I stumbled on it, but I joined in Jan 06 I believe, and really enjoyed what I was reading. I took that I could learn more by listening (reading) versus talking (posting) for the better part of my first year here. That was so true, I learned more about equipment and instruction during that time than I had in my entire life. I learned what a club'ho was and sadly how to become one ...HA. But I haven't regretted it one bit.

I only hope that I have been able to contribute in a positve way here...whether on equipment or course informatin or information on travel destinations that I've been to, and possibly even a laugh or two along the way.

Happy New Years to the founders but most importantly the fellow members that make this a great place to visit.

Rob

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

[quote name='golow' timestamp='1356916848' post='6141131']
[quote name='slicktry' timestamp='1356915737' post='6141035']

I remember hitting one of Derek's ground wedges. VERY good work....

[/quote]

I finished the year going back to the 54º/58º Y cutters Derek ground for me. Good professional looking grind.

Hi D.

golow(TM)
[/quote]

I still pull out my DTown grind wedge every now and then even though the grooves are dull. It's the standard of what I want in my wedge grind. Fantastic work!

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

[quote name='jokerusn' timestamp='1356977039' post='6143831']
[quote name='golow' timestamp='1356916848' post='6141131']
[quote name='slicktry' timestamp='1356915737' post='6141035']
I remember hitting one of Derek's ground wedges. VERY good work....

[/quote]

I finished the year going back to the 54º/58º Y cutters Derek ground for me. Good professional looking grind.

Hi D.

golow™
[/quote]

I still pull out my DTown grind wedge every now and then even though the grooves are dull. It's the standard of what I want in my wedge grind. Fantastic work!
[/quote]

Well, with all the love, maybe Derek should start a side business.....lol. I know it's been said many times in this thread already, but yes, the members here are the most knowledgeable golf geeks around. I'm also quite positive the OEM's are always dumping hints to see the reaction. Free focus group!

God Bless
Jer

PXG 3011X Gen 4 w/ ????
M5 T.I. 14* w/ Aldila STX Tour Green 85TX
????
4-PW Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro w/ Modus 130X
52* Cobra MIM/ Modus 130X
58* TM Hi Toe w/ Modus 130X
64* TM Hi Toe w/ Modus 130X
???? w/BGT Stability Shaft/Tour Quad Proto

This was definitely a great read. It's pretty cool to find out how this site came to be. I stumbled upon this site looking for equipment reviews a few years back. I got pretty tired of hearing the generic reviews that were out there that sounded like a Hammer commercial on repeat. It was great to find a place where the info. came from golfers like me and from others that offered a lot of wisdom on the subject. I spend way too much time on here and truly love checking out the threads one too many times a day. Thanks for creating this utopia for golf enthusiasts.

Happy New Year,

Kyle

[quote name='icemakr' timestamp='1356929672' post='6142109']
Richard,

Thanks for telling me about the thread. I'm an April 05 member, a castoff of GO and BSG. I had met Joe Kwok in 04 and he told me about the start of a new forum, an open forum where the members were going to drive the threads, where Golfers experiences with new equipment were going to heard. I met Ryan in the spring of 06 when he organized an outing for those of us in NorCal where he lives and works. The newish NCGA course in Livermore Poppy Ridge, I played with, Kascopro(Zach), Demo(chris), Raidernut(russ), Hairpie, Shortknocker, JKwok, Johnny, Golfware.

We had a blast and new friendships were born. Golfers as nuts as me about equipment and the Greatest Game! My best golfing days are behind me but I'll never leave the game I love. I can't Thank you enough Richard and Ryan for your sacrifices to create us a very cool place to hangout and enjoy. Here's to many more years to come!

Cheers Ice
[/quote]
Iceman,
It's been a while we haven't hook up for golf.

Btw, you've forgot our boy cheesecake. :)

Joe

Btw, Did I saw somebody called me SOB? :) that's ok, it'st the same meaning with "I love you" :)

I switched over to WRX right in the middle of the "transition" when that other site became too full of product pushing. I actually had paid a handsome amount of money for an over the phone consultation which never happened. Never got a refund either.
From a forum member's perspective, WRX was at that time, not a huge place and the threads were nowhere near as active as they are now. I think the sense of community that grows from a bunch of golf nuts who also like to discuss spin and launch angles really took off, given the non-biased environment that we endorse here. I'm not a huge poster on this site, mainly because I get what I need just by reading what is current and jump in when I feel I have something useful to add. Otherwise, the journey for that ever perfect bag setup is still on going for me, just as it is for many fellow users on WRX.

I think this community has grown tremendously in the last few years, but the core commitment by easyyy and the other mods/editors/writers/staffers has kept this place as close to its roots as possible. WRX is a great resource and I hope it remains that way for a long long time.

[quote name='teekaywhy' timestamp='1356995993' post='6145407']
I switched over to WRX right in the middle of the "transition" when that other site became too full of product pushing. I actually had paid a handsome amount of money for an over the phone consultation which never happened. Never got a refund either.
From a forum member's perspective, WRX was at that time, not a huge place and the threads were nowhere near as active as they are now. I think the sense of community that grows from a bunch of golf nuts who also like to discuss spin and launch angles really took off, given the non-biased environment that we endorse here. I'm not a huge poster on this site, mainly because I get what I need just by reading what is current and jump in when I feel I have something useful to add. Otherwise, the journey for that ever perfect bag setup is still on going for me, just as it is for many fellow users on WRX.

I think this community has grown tremendously in the last few years, but [b]the core commitment by easyyy and the other mods/editors/writers/staffers has kept this place as close to its roots as possible. [/b] WRX is a great resource and I hope it remains that way for a long long time.
[/quote]
Those of us who have the pleasure to know and work with Richard and Ryan on a daily basis know the truth of what you have said, Teekaywhy.

The only correction I would make is that GolfWRX has only one "root". That root has nothing to do with BSG, GO, TGC, or any other website. It came from somewhere else. That root is based on the proposition that there is only one road that should run through a successful community - the high road. Everything else is superfluous.

Member # 81 here and mentioned earlier (I feel special).

I first got introduced to golf forums back in 2002 when the whole bsg tsg feud started. I remember threats of lawsuits from canwesueemandhow and lots of banning until the year 2039 or something. Threats of lawsuits from canwesueemandhow, more threats from cruiser, and then so called attacks to take down the site. My wife called all of this a male version of a soap opera and I got hooked. I was and am grateful to have met some very good people over the years (albeit not in person). I was able to win a demolitionman contest once and won another where I got a free forged scratch wedge. I had a great time in numerous chats and one very long thread that had nothing to do with golf and very inappropriate at times ( I am sure Zojo is still in therapy). The tsg scene started to die down a bit and I got invited to join golfwrx in 2005. I joined and I have been thankful every since. I do not post much anymore and I am just now coming back to golf after a 5 year layoff (torn up wrist and an awesome 3 year old).

Thanks easyy and gx for this place. I am sure you have the patience of saints if you can put up with Mac as a mod. I am still a fan and I still love to see the new equipment but priorities are elsewhere and I will have to stick with the outdated bag that I have for now. Good luck to all and happy new year.

I still have one question: what would be the perfect off spring if a 757 and 660tr ever mated? (serious question...thinking of picking up another j33r 460 head and experimenting). I guess you can take the boy out of the hills but you can't take the hills out of the boy.

[quote name='alcap26' timestamp='1357011230' post='6146383']

I first got introduced to golf forums back in 2002 when the whole bsg tsg feud started. I remember threats of lawsuits from canwesueemandhow and lots of banning until the year 2039 or something. Threats of lawsuits from canwesueemandhow, more threats from cruiser, and then so called attacks to take down the site. My wife called all of this a male version of a soap opera and I got hooked. I was and am grateful to have met some very good people over the years (albeit not in person). I was able to win a demolitionman contest once and won another where I got a free forged scratch wedge. I had a great time in numerous chats and one very long thread that had nothing to do with golf and very inappropriate at times ( I am sure Zojo is still in therapy). The tsg scene started to die down a bit and I got invited to join golfwrx in 2005. I joined and I have been thankful every since. I do not post much anymore and I am just now coming back to golf after a 5 year layoff (torn up wrist and an awesome 3 year old).

Thanks easyy and gx for this place. I am sure you have the patience of saints if you can put up with Mac as a mod. I am still a fan and I still love to see the new equipment but priorities are elsewhere and I will have to stick with the outdated bag that I have for now. Good luck to all and happy new year.

I still have one question: what would be the perfect off spring if a 757 and 660tr ever mated? (serious question...thinking of picking up another j33r 460 head and experimenting). I guess you can take the boy out of the hills but you can't take the hills out of the boy.
[/quote]

Thanks for saying hello and happy new year!

What is [color=#282828]the perfect off spring if a 757 and 660tr?[/color]

[quote name='philsRHman' timestamp='1357016370' post='6146647']
Love that you added the "member #" and "joined" back to our posts. I quite often look at that for context, to see if I'm talking to an established member, a newcomer, etc. Not that it always matters, but gives some nice perspective.
[/quote]

Glad you noticed. We did it as a result of this thread.

Happy New Year!!! :golfer:

[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1357016666' post='6146659']
[quote name='philsRHman' timestamp='1357016370' post='6146647']
Love that you added the "member #" and "joined" back to our posts. I quite often look at that for context, to see if I'm talking to an established member, a newcomer, etc. Not that it always matters, but gives some nice perspective.
[/quote]

Glad you noticed. We did it as a result of this thread.

Happy New Year!!! :golfer:
[/quote]

Awesome!

I feel better, as my street cred was incomplete without my member number an join date.

Before that, nobody took me seriously... :rolleyes:

[spoiler] I drank a LOT tonight! Whiskey was tasty. Time to play catch and release with it and the porcelain god. [/spoiler]

GEA, GO, BSG, Golf discussions, WRX..... what a trip.

You had to hand it to BSG for entertainment though...... never understood how so many had the wool pulled over their eyes for so long, but I was burned early.

Anyone remmber face-mapping?.....future of the the industry... no?

Great thread .....that reminds me of so manyhours in front of a computer......

[quote name='alcap26' timestamp='1357011230' post='6146383']

Thanks easyy and gx for this place. [b][u] I am sure you have the patience of saints if you can put up with Mac as a mod[/u][/b]. I am still a fan and I still love to see the new equipment but priorities are elsewhere and I will have to stick with the outdated bag that I have for now. Good luck to all and happy new year.

[/quote]

Hey Lana :) . Long time no see. Where the heck have you been? You and "CAndy" both have been AWOL, and Mike? He got better and quit coming around as well.

Chat room hasn't been used for 5 years, dust in the corners, and cobwebs all over the place. I was sweeping out behind the door a couple weeks ago, and I think Zojo was still in the corner... :lol:;)

p.s. Alan, you must have forgotten the night that Andy called you Lana...:) In the above^^^I referred to Andy as CAndy. Lost humor I guess... ;)

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser