How was GOLFWRX Created? (Answer on bottom of pg 1)

scratchswinger

Been a member for less than a year; thanks to the founders, long-timers and posters (frequent and otherwise) for making a newcomer feel welcome. Now, back to watching over the Classic Golf and Golfers, Hogan's Heroes, Equipment and JDM forums for the next interesting topic. . .

MODERN:
Yonex eZone 380 10*, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 4w 17*
Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood 4-7h
Royal Collection Tour VS 8-PW
Fourteen MT28 J.Spec 52*, Yururi Chili 57*, Cleveland CG15 64*
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach
--------
CLASSIC (under construction):
'62 Hogan Power Thrust irons
--------
HICKORY:
Jack White JWX Model D driver, brassie & spoon
Mills BSD1 aluminium cleek
Tom Stewart mashie & niblick
George Nicoll spade mashie
Tom Morris mashie niblick
Gibson Skoogee niblick
Spalding HB putter

I joined in 2007 as I was interested in the Japanese golf market and why such wide disparity in price for clubs.
I now play tourstage irons,vega wedges,vega driver and yonex fairway woods.
Was playing Japanese balls to but found at $8 per ball losing one was a sin.
thanks for helping me understand what is really out there.

But, most of all, thanks for introducing me to joe Kwok and his work!!!!

Funny how time passes so quickly! I came to this site 4 days after my birthday and two months after passing the PAT. I was hoping to glean some tips on how to be a better golf instructor. GEA was recovering from a site crash and some of the regulars there emailed me about a new site that "looked promising". The rest, as they say, is history. I have fond memories of heading to Torrey or Riv early Monday/Tuesday morning (strange that I called in sick the same time every year!) to get some shots of the players, their bags, and the gear each manufacturer had lined up for any pro who would game it.

Anyway, I love that I am able to peddle my toys here and occasionally spout off about something that tickles my fancy. I am forever thankful for the sites help in regards to the Jeremy Lusk fundraiser we did a few years back. A sincere THANK YOU for all your tireless efforts and the wonderful opportunities you provide for the membership. To an even brighter future...(thanks for the .... addiction, Tony!) :beee:

ST190 9.5°-->10.5° Kiyoshi BLK Proto 65X | Tour '17 M2 16° Kiyoshi BLK 75 X  | Tour Cobra Baffler T Rail 17.5° OBAN 100 | Cobra Forged Tour CB 4-Pw KBS Tour FLT 120 | RTX-4 50°- 54°- 58°  T.I. S400 | Spider X Ghost

[quote name='joey3108' timestamp='1356829416' post='6136215']
Just to add and clear some info on where i was, I was supposed to be member #3....somehow I have to asked GXGOLFER due to a glitch in the software.

I end up where I end up now on the member#. :) I wish I could bring it back, Its just cool, I think :)

I was asked to help bringing the crowd since i was involved heavily on golf forums from the first golf forum existed and build the relationship through my business contacts....that was quite a loooooong time ago. Lots of misunderstanding from other sites at that time. It was expected! :) Lots of people don't know what is going on because I kept saying to my self "take the high road, action speaks louder". Those are water under the bridge.

At this size WRX can be a little over whelming and harder to catch up with everything are going on every day. Lots of people email or call me just to ask or confirm what they saw here on which review to read.... My advice are always consistent, Try to read/select a reviews from a happy customers, You have a better feedback IMO. Most cases I can only give more of a technical review, unless i really have it in my bag.

Not to forget, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all (new and old members). Thank you for all those years supporting me and WRX. Thanks for all those years for being my fans/friends. I will continue to do my best and keep up with you guys.

Cheers!

joe
www.joekwokgolf.com
[/quote]

Joe introduced me to Ryan (GxGolfer). Joe and I were talking every other day for a year or so. Joe was very instrumental in getting the original sponsors to pony up for shaft to allow us to give them away for tournament Pics from members.

Joe is and always will be a close friend and my closet friend in the early days when we were just getting going. He was always there for me and I needed him to be there.

Plus that SOB is the best Club Maker I know. Engineer more like it.

At the core of who we are in this community is a fellowship brought together by a gentleman's game.......
many thanks to Wrx for maintaining some of these solid values -- integrity -- honesty -- respect and courtesy to name a few

Titleist Tsi4 / Callaway 4w /Call Hy/ Call UT 3i /Srixon z745 4-P /Vokey Wedgeworks 50m+56v /Cameron Newport 

[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1356831013' post='6136343']
[quote name='br61' timestamp='1356828805' post='6136155']
[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1356826240' post='6135887']
[quote name='br61' timestamp='1356824760' post='6135705']
Oh boy, reading few comments brought some good memories(and few bad ones). I first started browsing golf forums in 2000(I think) while searching for Cameron putters, GolfOpinions popped up and I joined there. I still have this same user name on all of golf boards that I frequent. It wasn't my 1st choice as an user name that I wanted was already taken on GO.

BH got into a rift with Paul Radetsky of GO so I was one of the first GO members that he emailed about joining BSG. I did enjoy being on BSG at first though. I played a round with Paul when I was in Orlando, got the whole story about the rift. Oh man, I'm not gonna repeat it.

I was an active member at BSG for few years but never really bought anything from him as his prices were always outrageous and that I could get the same items cheaper elsewhere. Got to know Easyyy and few other old-timers over at BSG. Later on, I was less active as I got disgusted with BH's tactics and what he did to me also for reasons that I won't get into as it's all in the past. He even put me on read only for a while for just being a member here. My online friends were getting banned by BH that I was running out of people to converse with. Few funny people such as Stage and few others started to disappear.

Just before WRX went online to public, the founders invited me to check it out. I liked it. Sure traffic was slow at first but I knew if the content grows and being run the proper way if it's possible to say that, the membership will grow. I'm kinda proud that I'm 49th member to join GolfWRX and still very active here. I do see few former mods and administrators of GO and BSG as members here.

I'm sure as long as I'm still living, I'll still be a member here. No doubt of it.
[/quote]

Look out... Bill is in the house. Nice to see you Bill. Did you know we (WRX) bought Golf Opinions? It is live and well. We bought it to preserve it as it was. GO and the original founders there deserve that. I owe that to them and the original name.

I will never forget PRad's WITB with those Firesole Forged TMAg but Miura forged irons. JoshWhit, Mitch2. So many inspired me.
[/quote]
Richard,

Yes, you informed me earlier this year that GO is now under WRX ownership. I need to go over there more often. I got to hit those "famous" Firesole Forged irons, ha. I did have a set or few of those irons. Nice sticks. Thanks to golf forums, I can't think of a player's set from TM that I haven't owned. :russian_roulette:

Speaking of those, I remember Seaport selling those sweet JDM clubs from Japan, also spent too much $$$ with him. So many good guys that I've gotten to know online over the years. One must know that there are many good moderators over there and here too. It's a thankless job trying to make everyone happy.

You guys are doing a great job and I appreciated all the time you guys have put in.

Pitbull,
You aren't only one that regretted selling a favorite club or few. :cry:
[/quote]

Was it Brian Seaport??? I bought a set of Coin Forged Japan TMag cb's from him. Headcovers to. After JoshWhit wrote those off the hook reviews I bought them. Tiburon bought them from me.
[/quote]

Brian Tully, worked with Navy, a STL Blues fan in the past and probably having a great time somewhere in Asia. One of the nicest guys. Ah, Tiburon is a legend with his hilarious posts.

63 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

TM Stealth 10.5, GD XC-6 stiff

TM Qi10 3HL GD DI-7 stiff

TM SIM2 Rescue 19* & 23*

TM P770 5-PW, DG120 S300

TM MG4 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

[quote name='bobfoster' timestamp='1356830127' post='6136277']
[quote name='memphishorn' timestamp='1356791106' post='6133387']
I have apparently been here since Jan 2006 but don't remember how I got here the first time. I don't post a lot but am on here almost everyday as it is my go to golf site. I remember the Golf Channel Forums and what a mess they were and visited BSG a few times.

My early experience on hobby sites was in 1999 through about 2004 on the Bass Fishing Home Page when all I did was fish and had all but given up the game I grew up with (golf). That site looks today like it did in 1999/2000.

I glad to have this site to go to and thank Richard and Ryan for their commitmment to keep this place to go for golf info and for continuing to reinvest in the site.

This would be good day to re up my Club WRX membership. I think I'll do that now.
[/quote]

Yeah ... I just renewed mine. I wasn't here at the very beginning, but probably 2007 or 2008 or something (first as MidasMulligan, then, after that email account got hacked, BobFoster). Was living in Mexico City at the time, and had virtually no one to talk about golf with.

Truthfully ... the conversations (some of them) are fun, but the one HUGE thing this site does (that so few other on the interenet do) is maintain (as far as I can tell) a strict bright line between advertising and site content. When you read equipment threads you get pure, raw, unfiltered opinions from fanatic golfers (even if they are not favorable to products from sponsors). It was quite interesting to hear that apparently the site was started by someone precisely because of another site that was skewing content to please advertisers.

Way to go guys ... I'm not even sure how you do it (I imagine some advertisers must have at least asked if they could make certain they were seen in a ... er ... favorable light).

Keep up the good work.
[/quote]

Honestly they don't ask. I can't remember one saying something like that. Seriously. They allways ask for different ways to promote and expose, but not to ask us how to write in a favorable like.. That is a death card for us and them.

[quote name='DRGJR72' timestamp='1356831444' post='6136377']
Hi Richard,

I remember when I joined this site in November of 2005. I was working at a club in Southern California and stumbled across it after a google search for some golf club that I was trying to find a picture of for another pro. I joined that day and never looked back. Reading about where the site came from just a few months prior to that has been interesting.

Since moving to Singapore I have not posted as much as I did when I was in the states, but still hop on several times a week to keep abreast of what is happening and also check the classifieds!!

It has been a great experience and part of the connection for me has been the ability to contribute through posts, articles I have written for WRX, reviews, selling/trading on the BST, taking some pictures at the US Open at Pebble, and any advice I was able to give to another member that asked. GolfWRX has clearly been more than just another website for me. I have also been able to meet a few people from the site and even forged a great friendship with Joe Kwok when I moved to Northern California. I think that is part of the greatness of this place...the ability to meet, discuss, rant, and even play golf with people who have similar interests and passion for this crazy game.

This site is much different than it was in 2005, but at the core it is still a group of people that are passionate about golf.

Thank you and keep up the great work.

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year,

Dan Grannan
[/quote]

Thank you for the kind words Dan. Ditto on what you said and I agree it isnt the same place but it is the same spirit.

[quote name='maverick' timestamp='1356831126' post='6136349']
As I remember Easy and a few of the mods were on that other site as I was. It was getting so commercial many of us were ready for something new. I received an email about this site and have been a member since back then in 05. Unfortunately user names change and I lost a few online 'friends'. I posted under the handle "Parsaver" there. I thank the owners and mods for keeping this site a place that is pleasant to log-onto.
[/quote]
[quote name='golow' timestamp='1356831448' post='6136379']
I started as a Jr Ho on GEA and GO. Then came BSG. Made a lot of cyber and real friends. Lifelong friends from other states, countries and continents - we've played, will play again, We talk, type, and share pics and stories of our kids to this day.

It didn't take long to see through BSG and Todd in terms of $$ first and truth, fun, and family so far down the line they were unrankable. But I was loyal to the community. I was a top 10 poster there ... but then all the cool cats were leaving for WRX. I joined WRX in May of 2005 in it's infancy and lurked. In retrospect I was hurt that everyone jumped ship and even told MrParr1Noid to just leave when he ranted while exiting (I was wrong). I could compartmentalize : Todd is a tool / members are cool.

I have a feeling that panic set in over there re: the exodus. They even asked me to be a moderator. I said "no thank you", stopped posting there, moved to WRX full time. Why ? Community.

I love you guys (mmmm Xanax)

golow™
[/quote]

I cant believe both of you whales are in the same thread right now. Yes sir you were and are OG. Did you guys know WRX bought Golf Opinions and spent a few month resoring as much of the database as we could. Out of respect we did it. It is live now.

Good to see you guys!

[quote name='m2golfer' timestamp='1356831585' post='6136385']
Richard,

Thanks for what you do! You provide a valuable service that allows golfers to have information that breaks through the millions of marketing dollars directed at retail golf consumers.

Best regards,

Mike
[/quote]
[quote name='guisician' timestamp='1356831786' post='6136403']
Been a member for less than a year; thanks to the founders, long-timers and posters (frequent and otherwise) for making a newcomer feel welcome. Now, back to watching over the Classic Golf and Golfers, Hogan's Heroes, Equipment and JDM forums for the next interesting topic. . .
[/quote]

Thank you for the thanks to me but the Mods, Joe and members get more than me and Ryan.

Hi,
I've been a member for a year now and must say it's my favorite website period. I have it as a bookmarked tab after my bank & email LOL. So much fun to read what a lot of smart, funny golfers have to say all the time. So much information, and cool stuff (ie. Mr. Kwok teaching us how to wooden dowel our sticks). I just really appreciate the hard work all of you do for us "golf freaks". Remember to play it as it lies fellas..
Thanks and Happy Holidays!

TM R1 tp black whiteboard60x<br />TM V-Steel 15* paint-break Blueboard 83X<br />TM V-Steel 21* Blueboard 83S<br />MP4 4-PW Project X 6.<br />Vokey Sm4 52* 56* & 60*<br />Nike MC02W

[quote name='shooterMcGee' timestamp='1356834192' post='6136611']
Hi,
I've been a member for a year now and must say it's my favorite website period. I have it as a bookmarked tab after my bank & email LOL. So much fun to read what a lot of smart, funny golfers have to say all the time. So much information, and cool stuff (ie. Mr. Kwok teaching us how to wooden dowel our sticks). I just really appreciate the hard work all of you do for us "golf freaks". Remember to play it as it lies fellas..
Thanks and Happy Holidays!
[/quote]

And to you too. Where the hell did you see Joe telling us his secrets. I was at his shop years ago and he was hoarding his skills from me.

[quote name='pga_apprentice' timestamp='1356832261' post='6136443']
Funny how time passes so quickly! I came to this site 4 days after my birthday and two months after passing the PAT. I was hoping to glean some tips on how to be a better golf instructor. GEA was recovering from a site crash and some of the regulars there emailed me about a new site that "looked promising". The rest, as they say, is history. I have fond memories of heading to Torrey or Riv early Monday/Tuesday morning (strange that I called in sick the same time every year!) to get some shots of the players, their bags, and the gear each manufacturer had lined up for any pro who would game it.

Anyway, I love that I am able to peddle my toys here and occasionally spout off about something that tickles my fancy. I am forever thankful for the sites help in regards to the Jeremy Lusk fundraiser we did a few years back. A sincere THANK YOU for all your tireless efforts and the wonderful opportunities you provide for the membership. To an even brighter future...(thanks for the .... addiction, Tony!) :beee:
[/quote]

Thanks for jumping in. I was thinking of you earlier and was thinking of emailing you to make sure you knew we were in here. Is that a Cleveland head? You? I didnt think you would ever not play Tmag.

R

[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1356832611' post='6136475']
[quote name='bobfoster' timestamp='1356830127' post='6136277']
[quote name='memphishorn' timestamp='1356791106' post='6133387']
I have apparently been here since Jan 2006 but don't remember how I got here the first time. I don't post a lot but am on here almost everyday as it is my go to golf site. I remember the Golf Channel Forums and what a mess they were and visited BSG a few times.

My early experience on hobby sites was in 1999 through about 2004 on the Bass Fishing Home Page when all I did was fish and had all but given up the game I grew up with (golf). That site looks today like it did in 1999/2000.

I glad to have this site to go to and thank Richard and Ryan for their commitmment to keep this place to go for golf info and for continuing to reinvest in the site.

This would be good day to re up my Club WRX membership. I think I'll do that now.
[/quote]

Yeah ... I just renewed mine. I wasn't here at the very beginning, but probably 2007 or 2008 or something (first as MidasMulligan, then, after that email account got hacked, BobFoster). Was living in Mexico City at the time, and had virtually no one to talk about golf with.

Truthfully ... the conversations (some of them) are fun, but the one HUGE thing this site does (that so few other on the interenet do) is maintain (as far as I can tell) a strict bright line between advertising and site content. When you read equipment threads you get pure, raw, unfiltered opinions from fanatic golfers (even if they are not favorable to products from sponsors). It was quite interesting to hear that apparently the site was started by someone precisely because of another site that was skewing content to please advertisers.

Way to go guys ... I'm not even sure how you do it (I imagine some advertisers must have at least asked if they could make certain they were seen in a ... er ... favorable light).

Keep up the good work.
[/quote]

Honestly they don't ask. I can't remember one saying something like that. Seriously. They allways ask for different ways to promote and expose, but not to ask us how to write in a favorable like.. That is a death card for us and them.
[/quote]

Seriously? That is actually suprising. And must be because they know the value of this site comes from it's independence. I've been playing golf for 4 decades, and used to subscribe to every golf magazine on the planet. Because I'm a club ho, I read club reviews obsessively. But in the last ten years or so, the golf mags have become ... obviously ridiculous. Their primary goal is money, advertising dollars. Curious how often equipment reviews are good in direct proportion to the advertising spend of the OEMs (and how so many lesser brands - that are amazing, but don't buy ads - are ignored completely).

Sorry if that sounds jaded, but it is the single thing that stands out heads and tails above everything else on WRX ... complete and total content independence. I'm not against advertising (and I know how much it must cost to run WRX) ...

The primary goal here is golf ... and that really rocks.

Titleist TSR3 10.5* ~ Ventus TR Blue 58g

Titleist TSR2 15* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 18* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 21* (H) ~ Tensei AV Raw Blue 65g

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged, 4-6 ~ Aerotech SteelFiber i95

Mizuno Pro 245, 7-PW ~ Nippon NS Pro 950GH Neo

Miura Milled Tour Wedge QPQ 52* ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Miura Milled Tour Wedge High Bounce QPQ 58*HB-12 ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Scotty Special Select Squareback 2

Titleist Players glove, ProV1 Ball; Mizuno K1-LO Stand Bag, BR-D4C Cart Bag

I remember quite well when this site was in it's infancy. I also distinctly remember when Robo first posted on here. It was like the Red Sea parting all over again. At the time I was on GO, GEA, CC, TSG, BSG Etc. From the fallout, WRX and GD recieved a lot of disgruntled members (and mods) from the other site. TSG at the time had a lively chatroom and it was filled with talk about this place taking the reigns. I miss RareGuitar, Tiburon, Taipanli, Commoditybroker etc. Some of the threads were legendary....I wish they would pop up sometime again, if only to BS again, lol.

God Bless
Jer

PXG 3011X Gen 4 w/ ????
M5 T.I. 14* w/ Aldila STX Tour Green 85TX
????
4-PW Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro w/ Modus 130X
52* Cobra MIM/ Modus 130X
58* TM Hi Toe w/ Modus 130X
64* TM Hi Toe w/ Modus 130X
???? w/BGT Stability Shaft/Tour Quad Proto

I spend waaaaaayyyy too much time here, well that's what my wife says anyway. But i've met a lot of really nice and knowledgeable people (also thrillhouse) and i feel like i know 10x more about golf then i did prior to joining. I get asked if i'm MtlJeff now in real life every now and then and i still can't fathom how that happens. I mean everyone knows this site, people who hardly play golf know this site. My friend asked me the other day if i had heard of the place and in the understatement of the century i said "yeah i post there sometimes" . It's a real pleasure to come and post here....Though i joke around a lot i still do feel a sense of responsibility to do the right thing when the time calls for it, just because this place had been so great for me.

To me the best thing i've seen from the site to date, is the writers program, which makes use and promotes the characters we have here. There's a lot of really good contributers. So many good ones i'm not even sure who i'd say is the second best

to many more good years! (and hopefully my wife not cancelling my internet access) :D

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='slicktry' timestamp='1356837082' post='6136817']
I remember quite well when this site was in it's infancy. I also distinctly remember when Robo first posted on here. It was like the Red Sea parting all over again. At the time I was on GO, GEA, CC, TSG, BSG Etc. From the fallout, WRX and GD recieved a lot of disgruntled members (and mods) from the other site. TSG at the time had a lively chatroom and it was filled with talk about this place taking the reigns. I miss RareGuitar, Tiburon, Taipanli, Commoditybroker etc. Some of the threads were legendary....I wish they would pop up sometime again, if only to BS again, lol.

God Bless
Jer
[/quote]

Jer,

Here are some name that have not been buzzing around of late...

CrazyCal, shoe295, robwai, mike0814, golfcraze, lohrm1, 857 Pro-Ti, zojo, JHR, MGB, alcap26, little prov1x, travoakley, icemakr, madball, speeder617, MBA-J, dolleris, naylor, cpa49707, Oaks, Goose.... on and on and on.

[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1356838325' post='6136927']
I spend waaaaaayyyy too much time here, well that's what my wife says anyway. But i've met a lot of really nice and knowledgeable people (also thrillhouse) and i feel like i know 10x more about golf then i did prior to joining. I get asked if i'm MtlJeff now in real life every now and then and i still can't fathom how that happens. I mean everyone knows this site, people who hardly play golf know this site. My friend asked me the other day if i had heard of the place and in the understatement of the century i said "yeah i post there sometimes" . It's a real pleasure to come and post here....Though i joke around a lot i still do feel a sense of responsibility to do the right thing when the time calls for it, just because this place had been so great for me.

To me the best thing i've seen from the site to date, is the writers program, which makes use and promotes the characters we have here. There's a lot of really good contributers. So many good ones i'm not even sure who i'd say is the second best

to many more good years! (and hopefully my wife not cancelling my internet access) :D
[/quote]

Ha ha, nice!

I've made real life friends from here too. When people ask me how we met I say "we met online, we both posted ads in the men seeking men section of Craigslist".

Its fun being my friend.

I found this place thanks to a golfwrx watermarked photo on the old Golf Channel discussion board in 2006. The GC discussion board was a joke. Completely unmoderated and full of trolls. No fun at all. I think of that when I sometimes think a moderator has been a little heavy handed here. The alternative is anarchy and that's no fun.

I'm glad to have made this place my go to golf stop on the internet for the last six years. And thanks to all the guys who have made this site a reality.

It's great seeing some of the original members posting, brings back a lot of memories. I for one appreciate the fact that golfwrx is about sowing back into its membership/community, a giving spirit if you will. The site has come a long way since its humble beginning, and I applaud the founders and the good members for what you've all helped to create.

This is such a great thread. I have only been a member since July this year and couldnt imagine a day passing without checking out this place. I have only been golfing for less than 2 years, and I have learned more about the game, clubs, becoming a golf HO, etc because of this site in these past 5 months. I have been able to ask questions that showed I was a newbie to golf and I always was responded to politely. This site has made me fall in love with this sport even more than I would've imagined. So a big thank you to the founders, the admins, marshall's, and anyone else who spends their time making this site great.

PXG Gen4 0811 X 9* AD DI 6X
Titleist TS2 15*  AD DI 7X

Honma TW-X 3i & 4i Modus 105s
Srixon Z765 5-p Modus 105s
TM MG3 50* Modus 125s
Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore Tour Rack 56* Low+ Modus 125
Bettinardi HLX 3.0 58* UST Mamiya IHS-991 Spin Wedge Proto
"23-24"Bettinardi SS 14 

"21" ProV1 

[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1356838623' post='6136961']

God Bless
Jer
[/quote]

Jer,

CrazyCal, shoe295, robwai, mike0814, golfcraze, lohrm1, 857 Pro-Ti, zojo, JHR, MGB, alcap26, little prov1x, travoakley, icemakr, madball, speeder617, MBA-J, dolleris, naylor, cpa49707, Oaks, Goose.... on and on and on.
[/quote]

Thanks! I miss the back and forth banter....alot of good memories with those names. Totally forgot about icemakr and oaks, and Goose is prolly hunting somewhere, lol.

God Bless
Jer

PXG 3011X Gen 4 w/ ????
M5 T.I. 14* w/ Aldila STX Tour Green 85TX
????
4-PW Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro w/ Modus 130X
52* Cobra MIM/ Modus 130X
58* TM Hi Toe w/ Modus 130X
64* TM Hi Toe w/ Modus 130X
???? w/BGT Stability Shaft/Tour Quad Proto

[quote name='slicktry' timestamp='1356841509' post='6137225']

God Bless
Jer
[/quote]

Jer,

[/quote]

Thanks! I miss the back and forth banter....alot of good memories with those names. Totally forgot about icemakr and oaks, and Goose is prolly hunting somewhere, lol.

God Bless
Jer
[/quote]

Jer, the back and forth banter was the most fun a guy could have on the golf web. There used to be a dozen guys in the chat room on most nights, and that was always a riot. Come to think of it...wasn't "zojo" the door stop in the chat room?

There is still the opportunity for the way it used to be but the will has waned.

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser 

I love reading the origin stories of WRX..... I just happened upon the site one day researching a set of irons when I was returning to the game after a few years off. It's just amazing how much I've learned in a few years, and it's fun to help others down the same path.

I can say without a doubt that if I signed up and saw nothing but guys peddling super expensive stuff that I would've read a bit and moved on, likely not even getting back into the game any more than playing on rare occasions. This site just makes it too easy to learn and find new ways to spend money (without being forced :))

God Bless
Jer
[/quote]

Jer,

[/quote]

God Bless
Jer
[/quote]

How about Addam Smith? A Mod and friend who fell off the face of the earth...

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

[quote name='kevcarter ' timestamp='1356842409' post='6137317']

God Bless
Jer
[/quote]

Jer,

[/quote]

God Bless
Jer
[/quote]

How about Addam Smith? A Mod and friend who fell off the face of the earth...
[/quote]

Didn't he just change his screen name to profsmitty?