Old Navy Slim Go-Dry Pants - how do they hold up?

Comments

• dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game MinnesotaMembers Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Apr 30, 2018 #182
    Don't recall if it has been covered but what are the differences between the GapFit Hybrid Khaki with GapFlex and the Old Navy Go-Dry Performance Flex pants.

In particular, I am looking for something that can function well on the course but also allow me to be comfortable running around and playing with kids (I work for a school district, managing youth programs).

I like a fabric that is cool and stretches but looks and feels like a traditional pant material.

I know that the Old Navy 50% is coming at the end of this week, but GAP has 40% off + 10%, today. That would make the Go-Dry $22 each and the GAP Hybrid $37.
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    Cobra KING F7 fairway w/ Fujikura Pro 65
    Cobra KING F7 hybrid w/ Fujikura Pro 75H
    Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 Utility 4 Iron
    Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 5-GW
    Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP Blue Tour Grind 56* and 60*
    One of several milled putters
  • timsiegletimsiegle Addict Members Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    dxdgenert wrote:

Don't recall if it has been covered but what are the differences between the GapFit Hybrid Khaki with GapFlex and the Old Navy Go-Dry Performance Flex pants.

In particular, I am looking for something that can function well on the course but also allow me to be comfortable running around and playing with kids (I work for a school district, managing youth programs).

I like a fabric that is cool and stretches but looks and feels like a traditional pant material.

I know that the Old Navy 50% is coming at the end of this week, but GAP has 40% off + 10%, today. That would make the Go-Dry $22 each and the GAP Hybrid $37.

I think the main difference is the fabric. Gap one is nylon and the Old Navy is Polyester
    [font=georgia,serif]Callaway Great Big Bertha 10.5*
    Titleist 915F 16.5*
    Titleist 910H 20.5*
    [/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Ping G Crossover #4[/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Ping S55 5-PW
    Cleveland 588 Satin 50.08*
    [/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Vokey SM6 F 54.14* [/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Ping Glide 60* TS
    Odyssey White Hot Pro #7
    [/font]
  • dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game MinnesotaMembers Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    timsiegle wrote:

dxdgenert wrote:

I think the main difference is the fabric. Gap one is nylon and the Old Navy is Polyester
    Does anyone know which is going to "feel" more like a traditional cotton khaki?
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    Cobra KING F7 fairway w/ Fujikura Pro 65
    Cobra KING F7 hybrid w/ Fujikura Pro 75H
    Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 Utility 4 Iron
    Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 5-GW
    Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP Blue Tour Grind 56* and 60*
    One of several milled putters
  • timsiegletimsiegle Addict Members Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    dxdgenert wrote:
    timsiegle wrote:

dxdgenert wrote:

I'd say the Go Dry will be more comfortable, but I haven't worn the Gap. Some reviews on nylon are that it's very noisy.
    [font=georgia,serif]Callaway Great Big Bertha 10.5*
    Titleist 915F 16.5*
    Titleist 910H 20.5*
    [/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Ping G Crossover #4[/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Ping S55 5-PW
    Cleveland 588 Satin 50.08*
    [/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Vokey SM6 F 54.14* [/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Ping Glide 60* TS
    Odyssey White Hot Pro #7
    [/font]
  • MaitriMikeMaitriMike Members Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    dxdgenert wrote:

timsiegle wrote:

dxdgenert wrote:

Your best bet is to find a cotton poly blend. They look and feel like cotton but perform like the poly. The Nike modern washed is like that. I have a few pairs of those and looks like normal pants but can be used for golf easily, just thicker than 100% polyester or 100% nylon.
  • MinaretsMinarets Members Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried on another pair of the old navy slim and i just couldn’t find a fit that worked. For the money, I’ll likely try again next weekend. I seem to be in between sizes. Ended up buying 2 pair of adidas ultimate pants. Stretch and way thin (maybe too thin).
    Driver: TaylorMade M3
    Irons: PXG 0311 4-GW
    Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17*, 19*
    Wedges: Callaway PM Grind 54*, 58*
    Putter: Ping Ketcsh  
    Bag: Titleist Players 4 (Green)
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-x
  • mccjudmccjud Members Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭
    I bought two pairs of these two weeks ago. All I can say is, “WOW!” Great for, extremely stretchy. I wore shorts yesterday while golfing so haven’t worn them onthe course yet, but have gotten some compliments in office wearing them. They breathe so much better than jeans.

I think I’ll give the shirts a go for golf and report back.
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,561 ClubWRX
    Minarets wrote:

Tried on another pair of the old navy slim and i just couldn’t find a fit that worked. For the money, I’ll likely try again next weekend. I seem to be in between sizes. Ended up buying 2 pair of adidas ultimate pants. Stretch and way thin (maybe too thin).

Keep trying....

I got my gray ones in yesterday, same size as black, but fit better (snugger) at the waist.
    Epic 9* HZRDUS Smoke
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-9 LZ Blackout 
    Mizuno T7 - 45-49-53-58 LZ Blackout 
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • jaredt22jaredt22 Members Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
    For those that have the 'croc tears' color pants, I'm curious as to what color you are pairing with them in your shirts/belts/hats? Thanks!
    jaredt22 wrote:

For those that have the 'croc tears' color pants, I'm curious as to what color you are pairing with them in your shirts/belts/hats? Thanks!

Plenty. You can do Navy shirt, navy shoes, and navy belt with navy hat. Or white / light grey scheme. White shoes, light grey shirt, white hat. It's a versatile color. Even Dark grey with it works too. I dont think you can wear orange or red with it.
    MaitriMike wrote:

jaredt22 wrote:

Plenty. You can do Navy shirt, navy shoes, and navy belt with navy hat. Or white / light grey scheme. White shoes, light grey shirt, white hat. It's a versatile color. Even Dark grey with it works too. I dont think you can wear orange or red with it.

Awesome. Appreciate the input. I was just a little unsure about which colors would go well. Thanks!
  • Big LBig L Members Posts: 759 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody gone in and see if its 50% off today? Trying to not burn the gas if I don't have to haha.
    Cleveland Launcher HB 9*
    Ping G15 15.5* or Nike Ignite T60 13*
    Cobra F6 Baffler 18*
    Ping G25 23*
    Taylormade Rocketballz 5-AW
    Cleveland CBX 54* & Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 58*
    Odyssey White Hot Mid CS 36*

They show 50% off online, and more sizes available than before.
  • JackP35JackP35 Members Posts: 55
    I ordered three pairs this morning. After reading this thread, plus 50% off with free returns, I had to pull the trigger.
    The pants we are talking about are 50% off online, $22 a pair.

I just bought a second pair of black, grey, and my first pair of Navy.

$66 for the 3 pair.
    Epic 9* HZRDUS Smoke
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
    Good to hear! Going to get a few extra. I notice the pockets are a little thin. I already got a hole in one of my rear pockets, and that’s not even the divot tool pocket. Is Banana Republic also having a sale too?
  • duffer987duffer987 I'm old enough to remember a time when Ignore and Feedback worked. Canadian in CaliforniaMembers Posts: 9,347 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The shirts are 50% off too - so I went in on those as well.

Assuming this is a clear the old stock out ahead of the new colours being released, mentioned earlier in this thread?
    duffer987 wrote:

The shirts are 50% off too - so I went in on those as well.

Assuming this is a clear the old stock out ahead of the new colours being released, mentioned earlier in this thread?

Can only hope these are coming soon in light gray.
    Epic 9* HZRDUS Smoke
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • Big LBig L Members Posts: 759 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I have one pair in gray and going to pick up a pair of black today in store. Debating about crocodile tears online. Holding out hope for a khaki pair to come out this summer. I coach HS golf so these pants are perfect to wear at school and then onto the course on match days
    Cleveland Launcher HB 9*
    Ping G15 15.5* or Nike Ignite T60 13*
    Cobra F6 Baffler 18*
    Ping G25 23*
    Taylormade Rocketballz 5-AW
    Cleveland CBX 54* & Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 58*
    Odyssey White Hot Mid CS 36*

• CHuntsmanCHuntsman Members Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warrick wrote:

$66 for the 3 pair.

Link please. Thanks.
    CHuntsman wrote:

Warrick wrote:

$66 for the 3 pair.

Link please. Thanks.

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=67530&pcid=5211&vid=1&pid=435081062
    Epic 9* HZRDUS Smoke
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • CHuntsmanCHuntsman Members Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warrick wrote:

CHuntsman wrote:

Warrick wrote:

$66 for the 3 pair.

Link please. Thanks.

https://oldnavy.gap....1&pid=435081062

Gracias!
  • semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NCMembers Posts: 727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry guys, I've been a little preoccupied at the store today. All Active product is 50 off in store and online today...so take advantage! If you're in a store, we can order for you and it is free shipping. Just talk to someone and tell them you want to order something you saw online. Still waiting to hear about new colors in the pants, usually they show as available online a week or so before we get them in store. I check every few days so I will update when I see anything.
  • djfalconedjfalcone Exceptionally Average Members Posts: 791 ✭✭
    I'm looking for a khaki - why won't they do this?!
    Tour Issue M3
    PXG 0341
    PXG 0317
    Mizuno MP-15 3-PW
    Mizuno T7 54/68
    Custom Byron
    ProV1X

Instagram : danieljfalcone

http://www.golfwrx.c...l-you-about-it/
    ^^I caddied for Rory and JVegas

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1702616-daniels-witb/#entry18130482
    ^^^WITB
    Had anyone got the go dry active shorts? If so, how are they? I’ll probably hem them up a little since it’s 10 length. I like them slight above the knee. Are they slim fit like the go dry active pants?
    MaitriMike wrote:

Had anyone got the go dry active shorts? If so, how are they? I'll probably hem them up a little since it's 10 length. I like them slight above the knee. Are they slim fit like the go dry active pants?

Got the shorts and they fit me a little slimmer just like the pants - that may be different on you depends on body composition. I really like the shorts - super light.
    Tour Issue M3
    PXG 0341
    PXG 0317
    Mizuno MP-15 3-PW
    Mizuno T7 54/68
    Custom Byron
    ProV1X

^^^WITB
  • semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NCMembers Posts: 727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    djfalcone wrote:

I am pretty sure khaki is coming...it should be one of the new colors in the works. The system we use to order for customers in store shows it but I'm not able to select it yet (meaning it isn't available.) I am keeping a close eye on it!
    semarlor wrote:

djfalcone wrote:

I am pretty sure khaki is coming...it should be one of the new colors in the works. The system we use to order for customers in store shows it but I'm not able to select it yet (meaning it isn't available.) I am keeping a close eye on it!

Keep us updated! You're the man.
    Tour Issue M3
    PXG 0341
    PXG 0317
    Mizuno MP-15 3-PW
    Mizuno T7 54/68
    Custom Byron
    ProV1X

^^^WITB
    semarlor wrote:

djfalcone wrote:

Between those and the light gray, might want to make sure they stock up for us "pant freaks" on WRX.

I will be in for multiple. I have never had such a perfect inseam right off the rack, as the 32.
    Epic 9* HZRDUS Smoke
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
    Warrick wrote:

semarlor wrote:

djfalcone wrote:

Between those and the light gray, might want to make sure they stock up for us "pant freaks" on WRX.

I will be in for multiple. I have never had such a perfect inseam right off the rack, as the 32.

I would second this - Old Navy's corporate office needs to be aware of this thread.
    Tour Issue M3
    PXG 0341
    PXG 0317
    Mizuno MP-15 3-PW
    Mizuno T7 54/68
    Custom Byron
    ProV1X

^^^WITB