Old Navy Slim Go-Dry Pants - how do they hold up?

145791018
18

Comments

  • dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game Minnesota 1909WRX Points: 442Handicap: 13.0Members Posts: 1,909 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited Apr 30, 2018 #182
    Don't recall if it has been covered but what are the differences between the GapFit Hybrid Khaki with GapFlex and the Old Navy Go-Dry Performance Flex pants.



    In particular, I am looking for something that can function well on the course but also allow me to be comfortable running around and playing with kids (I work for a school district, managing youth programs).



    I like a fabric that is cool and stretches but looks and feels like a traditional pant material.



    I know that the Old Navy 50% is coming at the end of this week, but GAP has 40% off + 10%, today. That would make the Go-Dry $22 each and the GAP Hybrid $37.
    Posted:
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    Cobra KING F7 fairway w/ Fujikura Pro 65
    PING G400 5 wood w/ Project X HZRDUS Yellow 75
    Cobra KING F7 hybrid w/ Fujikura Pro 75H
    PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
    PXG 0211 5-PW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
    Cleveland CBX 52* w/ Rotex Graphite
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe Bigfoot 58* w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    PXG Gen1 Bat Attack H or Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • timsiegletimsiegle Addict  152WRX Points: 57Handicap: 6.4Members Posts: 152 Fairways
    Joined:  #183
    dxdgenert wrote:


    Don't recall if it has been covered but what are the differences between the GapFit Hybrid Khaki with GapFlex and the Old Navy Go-Dry Performance Flex pants.



    In particular, I am looking for something that can function well on the course but also allow me to be comfortable running around and playing with kids (I work for a school district, managing youth programs).



    I like a fabric that is cool and stretches but looks and feels like a traditional pant material.



    I know that the Old Navy 50% is coming at the end of this week, but GAP has 40% off + 10%, today. That would make the Go-Dry $22 each and the GAP Hybrid $37.




    I think the main difference is the fabric. Gap one is nylon and the Old Navy is Polyester
    Posted:
    PING G400 Max 10*
    Titleist 915F 16.5*
    Titleist 910H 20.5*
    Ping S55 4-PW
    Cleveland RTX3 50.10*
    Vokey SM6 F 54.14*
    Ping Glide 60* TS
    Odyssey White Hot Pro #7
  • dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game Minnesota 1909WRX Points: 442Handicap: 13.0Members Posts: 1,909 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #184
    timsiegle wrote:

    dxdgenert wrote:


    Don't recall if it has been covered but what are the differences between the GapFit Hybrid Khaki with GapFlex and the Old Navy Go-Dry Performance Flex pants.



    In particular, I am looking for something that can function well on the course but also allow me to be comfortable running around and playing with kids (I work for a school district, managing youth programs).



    I like a fabric that is cool and stretches but looks and feels like a traditional pant material.



    I know that the Old Navy 50% is coming at the end of this week, but GAP has 40% off + 10%, today. That would make the Go-Dry $22 each and the GAP Hybrid $37.




    I think the main difference is the fabric. Gap one is nylon and the Old Navy is Polyester
    Does anyone know which is going to "feel" more like a traditional cotton khaki?
    Posted:
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    Cobra KING F7 fairway w/ Fujikura Pro 65
    PING G400 5 wood w/ Project X HZRDUS Yellow 75
    Cobra KING F7 hybrid w/ Fujikura Pro 75H
    PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
    PXG 0211 5-PW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
    Cleveland CBX 52* w/ Rotex Graphite
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe Bigfoot 58* w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    PXG Gen1 Bat Attack H or Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2
  • timsiegletimsiegle Addict  152WRX Points: 57Handicap: 6.4Members Posts: 152 Fairways
    Joined:  #185
    dxdgenert wrote:
    timsiegle wrote:

    dxdgenert wrote:


    Don't recall if it has been covered but what are the differences between the GapFit Hybrid Khaki with GapFlex and the Old Navy Go-Dry Performance Flex pants.



    In particular, I am looking for something that can function well on the course but also allow me to be comfortable running around and playing with kids (I work for a school district, managing youth programs).



    I like a fabric that is cool and stretches but looks and feels like a traditional pant material.



    I know that the Old Navy 50% is coming at the end of this week, but GAP has 40% off + 10%, today. That would make the Go-Dry $22 each and the GAP Hybrid $37.




    I think the main difference is the fabric. Gap one is nylon and the Old Navy is Polyester
    Does anyone know which is going to "feel" more like a traditional cotton khaki?




    I'd say the Go Dry will be more comfortable, but I haven't worn the Gap. Some reviews on nylon are that it's very noisy.
    Posted:
    PING G400 Max 10*
    Titleist 915F 16.5*
    Titleist 910H 20.5*
    Ping S55 4-PW
    Cleveland RTX3 50.10*
    Vokey SM6 F 54.14*
    Ping Glide 60* TS
    Odyssey White Hot Pro #7
  • MaitriMikeMaitriMike  1596WRX Points: 116Members Posts: 1,596 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #186
    dxdgenert wrote:

    timsiegle wrote:

    dxdgenert wrote:


    Don't recall if it has been covered but what are the differences between the GapFit Hybrid Khaki with GapFlex and the Old Navy Go-Dry Performance Flex pants.



    In particular, I am looking for something that can function well on the course but also allow me to be comfortable running around and playing with kids (I work for a school district, managing youth programs).



    I like a fabric that is cool and stretches but looks and feels like a traditional pant material.



    I know that the Old Navy 50% is coming at the end of this week, but GAP has 40% off + 10%, today. That would make the Go-Dry $22 each and the GAP Hybrid $37.




    I think the main difference is the fabric. Gap one is nylon and the Old Navy is Polyester
    Does anyone know which is going to "feel" more like a traditional cotton khaki?


    Your best bet is to find a cotton poly blend. They look and feel like cotton but perform like the poly. The Nike modern washed is like that. I have a few pairs of those and looks like normal pants but can be used for golf easily, just thicker than 100% polyester or 100% nylon.
    Posted:
  • MinaretsMinarets Nashville, TN 4317WRX Points: 248Members Posts: 4,317 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #187
    Tried on another pair of the old navy slim and i just couldn’t find a fit that worked. For the money, I’ll likely try again next weekend. I seem to be in between sizes. Ended up buying 2 pair of adidas ultimate pants. Stretch and way thin (maybe too thin).
    Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5*
    Irons: PXG 0311 4-PW
    Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17*, 19*
    Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, Taylormade Bigfoot Hi-Toe 60*
    Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketcsh (solid black)  
    Bag: Titleist Players 4 (Green) (something new is coming, cant decide.)
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • mccjudmccjud  494WRX Points: 80Members Posts: 494 Greens
    Joined:  #188
    I bought two pairs of these two weeks ago. All I can say is, “WOW!” Great for, extremely stretchy. I wore shorts yesterday while golfing so haven’t worn them onthe course yet, but have gotten some compliments in office wearing them. They breathe so much better than jeans.



    I think I’ll give the shirts a go for golf and report back.
    Posted:
  • WarrickWarrick  11156WRX Points: 1,080ClubWRX Posts: 11,156 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #189
    Minarets wrote:


    Tried on another pair of the old navy slim and i just couldn’t find a fit that worked. For the money, I’ll likely try again next weekend. I seem to be in between sizes. Ended up buying 2 pair of adidas ultimate pants. Stretch and way thin (maybe too thin).




    Keep trying....



    I got my gray ones in yesterday, same size as black, but fit better (snugger) at the waist.
    Posted:
    GBB 9* Ventus Black 
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-9 LZ Blackout 
    Mizuno T7 - 45-49-53-58 LZ Blackout 
    Toulon Portland 
    TM TP5X
  • jaredt22jaredt22  126WRX Points: 42Members Posts: 126 Fairways
    Joined:  #190
    For those that have the 'croc tears' color pants, I'm curious as to what color you are pairing with them in your shirts/belts/hats? Thanks!
    Posted:
  • MaitriMikeMaitriMike  1596WRX Points: 116Members Posts: 1,596 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #191
    jaredt22 wrote:


    For those that have the 'croc tears' color pants, I'm curious as to what color you are pairing with them in your shirts/belts/hats? Thanks!




    Plenty. You can do Navy shirt, navy shoes, and navy belt with navy hat. Or white / light grey scheme. White shoes, light grey shirt, white hat. It's a versatile color. Even Dark grey with it works too. I dont think you can wear orange or red with it.
    Posted:
  • jaredt22jaredt22  126WRX Points: 42Members Posts: 126 Fairways
    Joined:  #192
    MaitriMike wrote:

    jaredt22 wrote:


    For those that have the 'croc tears' color pants, I'm curious as to what color you are pairing with them in your shirts/belts/hats? Thanks!




    Plenty. You can do Navy shirt, navy shoes, and navy belt with navy hat. Or white / light grey scheme. White shoes, light grey shirt, white hat. It's a versatile color. Even Dark grey with it works too. I dont think you can wear orange or red with it.




    Awesome. Appreciate the input. I was just a little unsure about which colors would go well. Thanks!
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Big LBig L  787WRX Points: 88Members Posts: 787 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #193
    Anybody gone in and see if its 50% off today? Trying to not burn the gas if I don't have to haha.
    Posted:
    Taylormade M2 2016 9*
    Callaway XR Pro 14* or Ping G15 15.5*
    Titleist 816H1 18*
    Titleist 913H set to 22*
    Srixon Z565 5-AW
    Cleveland CBX 54*
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 58*
    Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #6

  • jaredt22jaredt22  126WRX Points: 42Members Posts: 126 Fairways
    Joined:  #194
    They show 50% off online, and more sizes available than before.
    Posted:
  • JackP35JackP35  55WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 55
    Joined:  #195
    I ordered three pairs this morning. After reading this thread, plus 50% off with free returns, I had to pull the trigger.
    Posted:
  • WarrickWarrick  11156WRX Points: 1,080ClubWRX Posts: 11,156 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #196
    The pants we are talking about are 50% off online, $22 a pair.



    I just bought a second pair of black, grey, and my first pair of Navy.



    $66 for the 3 pair.
    Posted:
    GBB 9* Ventus Black 
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-9 LZ Blackout 
    Mizuno T7 - 45-49-53-58 LZ Blackout 
    Toulon Portland 
    TM TP5X
  • MaitriMikeMaitriMike  1596WRX Points: 116Members Posts: 1,596 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #197
    Good to hear! Going to get a few extra. I notice the pockets are a little thin. I already got a hole in one of my rear pockets, and that’s not even the divot tool pocket. Is Banana Republic also having a sale too?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • duffer987duffer987 Meh... eh Canadian in California 9669WRX Points: 953Handicap: ~8Members Posts: 9,669 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #198
    The shirts are 50% off too - so I went in on those as well.

    Assuming this is a clear the old stock out ahead of the new colours being released, mentioned earlier in this thread?
    Posted:
  • WarrickWarrick  11156WRX Points: 1,080ClubWRX Posts: 11,156 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #199
    duffer987 wrote:


    The shirts are 50% off too - so I went in on those as well.

    Assuming this is a clear the old stock out ahead of the new colours being released, mentioned earlier in this thread?






    Can only hope these are coming soon in light gray.
    Posted:
    GBB 9* Ventus Black 
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-9 LZ Blackout 
    Mizuno T7 - 45-49-53-58 LZ Blackout 
    Toulon Portland 
    TM TP5X
  • Big LBig L  787WRX Points: 88Members Posts: 787 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #200
    Yeah, I have one pair in gray and going to pick up a pair of black today in store. Debating about crocodile tears online. Holding out hope for a khaki pair to come out this summer. I coach HS golf so these pants are perfect to wear at school and then onto the course on match days
    Posted:
    Taylormade M2 2016 9*
    Callaway XR Pro 14* or Ping G15 15.5*
    Titleist 816H1 18*
    Titleist 913H set to 22*
    Srixon Z565 5-AW
    Cleveland CBX 54*
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 58*
    Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #6

  • CHuntsmanCHuntsman  902WRX Points: 224Handicap: 8.6Members Posts: 902 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #201
    Warrick wrote:


    The pants we are talking about are 50% off online, $22 a pair.



    I just bought a second pair of black, grey, and my first pair of Navy.



    $66 for the 3 pair.




    Link please. Thanks.
    Posted:
  • WarrickWarrick  11156WRX Points: 1,080ClubWRX Posts: 11,156 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #202
    CHuntsman wrote:

    Warrick wrote:


    The pants we are talking about are 50% off online, $22 a pair.



    I just bought a second pair of black, grey, and my first pair of Navy.



    $66 for the 3 pair.




    Link please. Thanks.




    https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=67530&pcid=5211&vid=1&pid=435081062
    Posted:
    GBB 9* Ventus Black 
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-9 LZ Blackout 
    Mizuno T7 - 45-49-53-58 LZ Blackout 
    Toulon Portland 
    TM TP5X
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • CHuntsmanCHuntsman  902WRX Points: 224Handicap: 8.6Members Posts: 902 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #203
    Warrick wrote:

    CHuntsman wrote:

    Warrick wrote:


    The pants we are talking about are 50% off online, $22 a pair.



    I just bought a second pair of black, grey, and my first pair of Navy.



    $66 for the 3 pair.




    Link please. Thanks.




    https://oldnavy.gap....1&pid=435081062




    Gracias!
    Posted:
  • semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NC 885WRX Points: 283Members Posts: 885 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #204
    Sorry guys, I've been a little preoccupied at the store today. All Active product is 50 off in store and online today...so take advantage! If you're in a store, we can order for you and it is free shipping. Just talk to someone and tell them you want to order something you saw online. Still waiting to hear about new colors in the pants, usually they show as available online a week or so before we get them in store. I check every few days so I will update when I see anything.
    Posted:
  • djfalconedjfalcone Exceptionally Average  801WRX Points: 84Handicap: 4.9Members Posts: 801 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #205
    I'm looking for a khaki - why won't they do this?!
    Posted:
    M5
    TS3
    3-PW MP 64
    Vokey 50/54/58
    Custom Byron
    ProV1X


    Instagram : danieljfalcone

    http://www.golfwrx.c...l-you-about-it/
    ^^I caddied for Rory and JVegas


    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1702616-daniels-witb/#entry18130482
    ^^^WITB
  • MaitriMikeMaitriMike  1596WRX Points: 116Members Posts: 1,596 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #206
    Had anyone got the go dry active shorts? If so, how are they? I’ll probably hem them up a little since it’s 10 length. I like them slight above the knee. Are they slim fit like the go dry active pants?
    Posted:
  • djfalconedjfalcone Exceptionally Average  801WRX Points: 84Handicap: 4.9Members Posts: 801 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #207
    MaitriMike wrote:


    Had anyone got the go dry active shorts? If so, how are they? I'll probably hem them up a little since it's 10 length. I like them slight above the knee. Are they slim fit like the go dry active pants?




    Got the shorts and they fit me a little slimmer just like the pants - that may be different on you depends on body composition. I really like the shorts - super light.
    Posted:
    M5
    TS3
    3-PW MP 64
    Vokey 50/54/58
    Custom Byron
    ProV1X


    Instagram : danieljfalcone

    http://www.golfwrx.c...l-you-about-it/
    ^^I caddied for Rory and JVegas


    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1702616-daniels-witb/#entry18130482
    ^^^WITB
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NC 885WRX Points: 283Members Posts: 885 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #208
    djfalcone wrote:


    I'm looking for a khaki - why won't they do this?!




    I am pretty sure khaki is coming...it should be one of the new colors in the works. The system we use to order for customers in store shows it but I'm not able to select it yet (meaning it isn't available.) I am keeping a close eye on it!
    Posted:
  • djfalconedjfalcone Exceptionally Average  801WRX Points: 84Handicap: 4.9Members Posts: 801 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #209
    semarlor wrote:

    djfalcone wrote:


    I'm looking for a khaki - why won't they do this?!




    I am pretty sure khaki is coming...it should be one of the new colors in the works. The system we use to order for customers in store shows it but I'm not able to select it yet (meaning it isn't available.) I am keeping a close eye on it!




    Keep us updated! You're the man.
    Posted:
    M5
    TS3
    3-PW MP 64
    Vokey 50/54/58
    Custom Byron
    ProV1X


    Instagram : danieljfalcone

    http://www.golfwrx.c...l-you-about-it/
    ^^I caddied for Rory and JVegas


    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1702616-daniels-witb/#entry18130482
    ^^^WITB
  • WarrickWarrick  11156WRX Points: 1,080ClubWRX Posts: 11,156 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #210
    semarlor wrote:

    djfalcone wrote:


    I'm looking for a khaki - why won't they do this?!




    I am pretty sure khaki is coming...it should be one of the new colors in the works. The system we use to order for customers in store shows it but I'm not able to select it yet (meaning it isn't available.) I am keeping a close eye on it!




    Between those and the light gray, might want to make sure they stock up for us "pant freaks" on WRX.



    I will be in for multiple. I have never had such a perfect inseam right off the rack, as the 32.
    Posted:
    GBB 9* Ventus Black 
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-9 LZ Blackout 
    Mizuno T7 - 45-49-53-58 LZ Blackout 
    Toulon Portland 
    TM TP5X
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • djfalconedjfalcone Exceptionally Average  801WRX Points: 84Handicap: 4.9Members Posts: 801 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #211
    Warrick wrote:

    semarlor wrote:

    djfalcone wrote:


    I'm looking for a khaki - why won't they do this?!




    I am pretty sure khaki is coming...it should be one of the new colors in the works. The system we use to order for customers in store shows it but I'm not able to select it yet (meaning it isn't available.) I am keeping a close eye on it!




    Between those and the light gray, might want to make sure they stock up for us "pant freaks" on WRX.



    I will be in for multiple. I have never had such a perfect inseam right off the rack, as the 32.




    I would second this - Old Navy's corporate office needs to be aware of this thread.
    Posted:
    M5
    TS3
    3-PW MP 64
    Vokey 50/54/58
    Custom Byron
    ProV1X


    Instagram : danieljfalcone

    http://www.golfwrx.c...l-you-about-it/
    ^^I caddied for Rory and JVegas


    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1702616-daniels-witb/#entry18130482
    ^^^WITB
18

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.