TaylorMade...King of Backorders

Comments

• TheMotorCityTheMotorCity "South Detroit" 594WRX Points: 92Handicap: 4.9Members Posts: 594 Golden Tee
    Ordered the M3 driver on March 22nd with Tenei White stiff shaft. Shat not available till May 3rd . Called today and cancelled , bought the Rogue Sub Zero. Here in 7 to 10 days. Its a wonder how they are still in business. Throwing profits out the window.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • DRRicksDRRicks  2444WRX Points: 21Banned Posts: 2,444 Platinum Tees
    nochct1 wrote:

I guess this means that the good stuff won't hit BST until mid summer.

You guys will get your custom ordered clubs, take them out, claim you still aren't getting optimal spin / launch (but won't take lessons) and then you'll post them on BST. Then you'll do a "I just can't work the ball with modern blades" thread or maybe a "what's the lowest launch lowest spin driver that will get me from 4200 to 1900 RPM" thread.

Are all your posts this douchey?
    Posted:
  • nochct1nochct1  3389WRX Points: 139Members Posts: 3,389 Titanium Tees
    DRRicks wrote:

nochct1 wrote:

You guys will get your custom ordered clubs, take them out, claim you still aren't getting optimal spin / launch (but won't take lessons) and then you'll post them on BST. Then you'll do a "I just can't work the ball with modern blades" thread or maybe a "what's the lowest launch lowest spin driver that will get me from 4200 to 1900 RPM" thread.

Not all of them. Depends on the topic.

For example, I would say the same thing in a Tyson Lamb or Circle T thread.

And really, what am I wrong about? We can revisit in June/July when people are selling their custom orders and continuing the search for the best clubs.
    Posted:
  • denvergolfdenvergolf Castle Pines, CO 1660WRX Points: 473Handicap: 1.2Members Posts: 1,660 Platinum Tees
    nochct1 wrote:

DRRicks wrote:

nochct1 wrote:

And really, what am I wrong about? We can revisit in June/July when people are selling their custom orders and continuing the search for the best clubs.
    You are likely correct. But, wouldn’t it make more sense to hang out on the instruction forum then?
    Posted:
    Ping 410 Plus, 9*, Mitsubishi PO 70TX
    Ping G, 14.5*, Mitsubishi PO 80TX
    TaylorMade M3 20* Hybrid, Kuro Kage XT 100TX
    Taylormade P.7TW, 4-W, DG TI X100
    Cleveland RTX 4 Raw, 52-mid, 56-mid, and 60-low, DG TI S400
    Titleist Cameron Newport 2 Timeless 
    2019 ProV1
  • TrueWRXTrueWRX  1892WRX Points: 304Members Posts: 1,892 Platinum Tees
    denvergolf wrote:

nochct1 wrote:

DRRicks wrote:

nochct1 wrote:

You are likely correct. But, wouldn't it make more sense to hang out on the instruction forum then?
    Love being able to look back to see what people have posted. Someone has listed quite a few clubs on here for sale.....
    Posted:

Good grief...Hi Toe (stock) backordered until MAY 30TH!! What are they doing?
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom***  31956WRX Points: 1,703Members Posts: 31,956 Titanium Tees
    DRRicks wrote:

Throwing business right down the drain....
    Posted:

DRRicks wrote:

You’d think that after having the club so visible all weekend, they’d be fully stocked and ready.
    Posted:
  • Redjeep83Redjeep83  5745WRX Points: 465Members Posts: 5,745 Titanium Tees
    Update on my order for p730, placed the order 3/8 with estimated ship date of 3/15 through golf shop. Never shipped out and they kept pushing out the date, finally found out 9 iron head has been backordered and been holding it back. Said they will have them first week of may. Talked them into shipping out the other irons and just waiting on the 9 iron. Normally wouldn't go through all this for an order but really wanted these
    Posted:
  • CelerasCeleras  292WRX Points: 101Members Posts: 292 Greens
    They probably go through a lot of inventory responding to RMAs, considering that their quality control is absolute garbage. Especially with the current irons.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 9.5* Ping Tour 65 Stiff
    Callaway Rogue SZ 15* PX EvenFlow Blue 75 6.0
    Ping G410 Hybrid 15.5* Alta CB 70 Stiff
    Ping G400 Hybrid 19* Alta CB 70 Stiff
    Ping G400 5-UW AWT 2.0 Stiff, Green Dot
    Cleveland CBX Wedge Set 54/58*
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 #7
    Callaway Fusion 14
  • Kovey10Kovey10 Antioch, IL 29WRX Points: 36Members Posts: 29 Bunkers
    DRRicks wrote:

DRRicks wrote:

You’d think that after having the club so visible all weekend, they’d be fully stocked and ready.

There’s a few stores local to me that have Hi Toes in stock right now, mainly 60 & 58. Maybe I should grab them...
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • carpergolfcarpergolf  667WRX Points: 55Members Posts: 667 Golden Tee
    Golf Galaxy has the hi toe in stock
    Posted:

Taylormade M3 10.5 Whiteboard 70
    Taylormade  M3 15* Tensi Blue 65

Taylormade M3 18* Tensi Blue 65
    Taylormade M3 Hybrid Blue Board
    Taylormade 4-PW RAC TP
    Taylormade 54, 58 Milled grind black
    Taylormade TP Ardmore
    Taylormade TP5X

WITB Link

• JonnyKrasnodarJonnyKrasnodar  1896WRX Points: 176Members Posts: 1,896 Platinum Tees
    Ordered the M4 9.5 head with 65g X Evenflow blue and MC black/white grip last Tuesday (3rd April) and my pro called to say it'll be here tomorrow (12th April) so only 9 days and with their estimated 7-10 days timescale.

Posted:
  • Pete O'TubePete O'Tube  384WRX Points: 121Handicap: 6Members Posts: 384 Greens
    My pro is about to send all his TM stock back to the factory because he has been waiting a month for the demo clubs. He is so frustrated.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 10.5 Ping Tour 65S
    Mizuno ST190 TS 3W Fujikura Atmos 6R
    Ping G10 18 deg Hybrid Reg
    3 - 6 Mizuno MP18 MMC FliHi Recoil F3 95g Reg
    7 -9 Mizuno MP18 SC Recoil F3 95g Reg
    46.08 Vokey SM5
    53.08 Vokey SM5
    56.08 Vokey SM5
    Ping Sigma Tyne Winn Pro X 1.18

• JonnyKrasnodarJonnyKrasnodar  1896WRX Points: 176Members Posts: 1,896 Platinum Tees
    Pete O wrote:

My pro is about to send all his TM stock back to the factory because he has been waiting a month for the demo clubs. He is so frustrated.

One new store has opened near me and they haven't had any demos in. As a result Callaway and Cobra are making an absolute killing at TM's expense. One thing the new owners will need to sort out. It's one thing to reduce their Tour Staff roster and minimise the number of losses by flooding stores but not being able to supply the demand is mega damaging and not sustainable.
    Posted:
  • mdm14mdm14  5WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 5
    Purchased an M4 D-Type last week at Golftown in Canada with custom shaft option. The store called to day to say they are on backorder with Taylormade until April 23.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • AmazinBlueAmazinBlue  1159WRX Points: 155Handicap: 11Members Posts: 1,159 Platinum Tees
    I order a custom set of P770 with custom loft lie and length as well as custom shafts. I had mine in 10 days. I went they Discount Dans and it was smooth and easy. I use the the TM site for specs but order from Dans it it was perfect. I placed my order in February. I have a Spider Tour putter on order with a custom lie request we’ll see how fast I get it
    Posted:
    Taylormade SLDR 460 Tour Issue Pro Launch Blue 44.25"
    Cobra F9 14.5  Tensei Blue AV S 42.75"
    Cobra F9 5/6 Atmos Blue S 42.50"
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 23* Kuro Kage 80 Hy stiff
    Taylormade P790 5-AW Under Construction
    Vokey SM6 54*/08* M Grind Steel Gray
    Vokey SM7 58*/14* D Grind Tour Chrome
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide 33.5" 
    Maxfli Tour
  • rxk9fanrxk9fan Midwest 922WRX Points: 225Handicap: 6.9Members Posts: 922 Golden Tee
    Not just TM. I decided to go Rogue SZ for a three wood with HZRD yellow stiff shaft. Dallas Golf has a great staff and they said it would be 3 to 5 days. After a few days they have updated that to 1 to 2 weeks.
    Posted:
    TaylorMade M6 driver with Tensei Orange
    Taylormade M4 tour 3 wood with Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited stiff
    Taylormade M4 tour 5 wood with Tensei Blue stiff
    Taylormade M6 Rescue 19 degree with Atmos orange stiff
    Srixon z785 with Recoil 110 F4 shafts
    Vokey 50 F, 54 S, 58 K
    Odyssey O-Works 7s

Cancelled my m3 440 today. Been a month kept getting pushed back. Going to check out g400 lst and sub zero instead
    Posted:

• TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom***  31956WRX Points: 1,703Members Posts: 31,956 Titanium Tees
    Chunk777 wrote:

Cancelled my m3 440 today. Been a month kept getting pushed back. Going to check out g400 lst and sub zero instead

Another one bites the dust. TM, you need to get it together...
    Posted:
  • drza3drza3  44WRX Points: 26Handicap: 5.3ClubWRX Posts: 44 ClubWRX
    I ordered a set of 790s on 3/26. Called today and they said they would be shipping on Monday. From the stories here, I’ll be lucky if that actually happens
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Sean2Sean2  32105WRX Points: 1,935Members Posts: 32,105 Titanium Tees
    I can understand just-in-time inventory, but some of these stories are a bit ridiculous.
    Posted:

Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

• taylorx300taylorx300  1349WRX Points: 191Handicap: 4Members Posts: 1,349 Platinum Tees
    mdm14 wrote:
    Purchased an M4 D-Type last week at Golftown in Canada with custom shaft option. The store called to day to say they are on backorder with Taylormade until April 23.

If it’s a 9.5 RH, then 4/23 is the expected date for restock, add build and ship time to that
    Posted:
    M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
    M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
    M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
    P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
    52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
    59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
    60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
    Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black
  • taylorx300taylorx300  1349WRX Points: 191Handicap: 4Members Posts: 1,349 Platinum Tees
    Chunk777 wrote:

There is no b/o on the head, it must be the shaft you ordered.
    Posted:
    M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
    M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
    M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
    P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
    52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
    59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
    60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
    Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black
    taylorx300 wrote:

Chunk777 wrote:

There is no b/o on the head, it must be the shaft you ordered.
    was the hzrdus Black
    Posted:

I would have thought someone from TM would get on here and address these situations...but I guess 20+ stories aren’t enough.

Btw, Hi Toe wedges are now B/O until JUNE. Unreal.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJ 8088WRX Points: 1,343Handicap: +1.6 (1194646)Members Posts: 8,088 Titanium Tees
    DRRicks wrote:

I would have thought someone from TM would get on here and address these situations...but I guess 20+ stories aren't enough.

Btw, Hi Toe wedges are now B/O until JUNE. Unreal.

...i can't even get them for demos for our local PGATSS. it's not just wrxers buying those wedges -- i had 8 guys come up to me saturday asking about them, where to buy them, regardless of being able to hit them or not.
    Posted:

Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set D/S) / Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 6X tipped 1.50"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic CF17 3i / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX
    Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X
    MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now)
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

• elwhippyelwhippy  3372WRX Points: 333Members Posts: 3,372 Titanium Tees
    Sounds like a new accountancy company....not used to faster moving markets. UK back orders are about a month on 790 irons. Plenty of demo woods kicking about but very few shafts to try. Callaway on the other hand are getting stuff to market ahead of promised dates. New XR woods hit our local stores yesterday.
    Posted:
  • mizuno playermizuno player Mizuno player  1600WRX Points: 321Members Posts: 1,600 Platinum Tees
    Sean2 wrote:

I can understand just-in-time inventory, but some of these stories are a bit ridiculous.

Just in time inventory is the new norm. Big companies hire consultants and they get all kinds of "good" advice. Just in time inventory is at the the top of the list for supply companies.

I worked in the oil business. When we were a family owned business we had a 99% fill rate on all orders. The only time we missed was a manufacturer delay. We were bought out by a private equity firm and merged with many other companies. In come the consultants. First order of business is just in time inventory. Our fill rate dropped to 92%. Lost customers and our satisfaction rate dropped off a cliff. Next order of business was to get rid of sales people and have office staff make phone calls.

Our company did the same thing TM is doing. Quote faster delivery times then they can accommodate. We we're told to tell our customers 3 days on all orders. Some took two weeks or more.

The new norm of business. Hopefully things swing the other way.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • nochct1nochct1  3389WRX Points: 139Members Posts: 3,389 Titanium Tees
    Chunk777 wrote:

denvergolf wrote:

nochct1 wrote:

DRRicks wrote:

nochct1 wrote:

You are likely correct. But, wouldn't it make more sense to hang out on the instruction forum then?
    Love being able to look back to see what people have posted. Someone has listed quite a few clubs on here for sale.....

Just checking back here. Are you referring to my BST posts? If so, yes I list stuff for sale. But you'll see that none of it is high end custom stuff. Probably why it never sells. Usually an off the rack Putter or Wedge or fairway wood. I hate keeping extra clubs around so I'll sell them. But I'm moving more towards trade ins as it's better use of my time.

I certainly look for the best clubs for my game and I think I have a set that now works. But I also not one of those people that runs out to get the next new toy and then sells is a week later when I can't hit it due to lack of skill.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.