Legit Circle T

johnsompjohnsomp Members Posts: 178 ✭✭
Any help would be appreciated because this is my first in person view. Thanks

Comments

• TheBIIgCatTheBIIgCat ClubWRX Posts: 1,447 ClubWRX
    edited Jun 13, 2018 #2
    Looks counterfeit to me... Cover is def fake, and I would say so is the putter
    Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers Posts: 7,621 ✭✭
    incredibly fake

Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set N/S) / Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 6X tipped 1.25"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic Flash / 5 (set N/S) / BF 90TX Tipped 1.75"
    718 T-MB 2I / PX Flighted 7.0
    785 / 3-PW / PX 7.0
    RTX4 / 52, 59 / DG S400
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5" OR Kombi-S / 35.5"

• GoIrish17GoIrish17 Members Posts: 5,668 ✭✭
    Doesn’t even look like a legit Scotty Cameron.
  • BloomBloom Members Posts: 134 ✭✭
    I don't like the head cover. Not always true, but when the stitching connects the letters, that's a bit of a give away for me.
    edited Jun 13, 2018 #6
    Bloom wrote:
    I don't like the head cover. Not always true, but when the stitching connects the letters, that's a bit of a give away for me.

On the legit paintsplash, the paint puddles on the bottom of the cover and other areas.. Both extremely fake here
    Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...
  • sheldonjhackersheldonjhacker Members Posts: 3,706 ✭✭
    image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />
  • johnsompjohnsomp Members Posts: 178 ✭✭
    Thanks everyone.

They actually even sewed what I thought was the correct tag inside the cover.
  • GoIrish17GoIrish17 Members Posts: 5,668 ✭✭
    johnsomp wrote:

Thanks everyone.

They actually even sewed what I thought was the correct tag inside the cover.

Did you think that the counterfeiters would overlook something as obvious and simple as the tag? Tags, serial numbers, stickers, paintfill, etc. are all probably easier to duplicate/ create than the item being counterfeited.

I’m pretty sure the the Velcro is backwards on that head cover also - the more corse side of the Velcro usually is on the left, so as to be opposite the face of a right handed putter when it goes into the cover.
  • LowRGLowRG Members Posts: 58
    Just saw this on my local CL. Thanks for posting.
    [font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Rogue Subzero[/font]
    [font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Vapor Fly 15[/font][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]°[/font]
    [font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]p790 UDI[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Vapor Pro 4-PW[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Haywood 52[/font][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]°[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]PM Grind 58[/font][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]°[/font]
    [font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Bettinardi BB1F (2016)[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]ChromeSoft X[/font]
  • LlortamaiseyLlortamaisey Members Posts: 5,946 ✭✭
    How much do they want for it?
  • LowRGLowRG Members Posts: 58
    $300
    [font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Rogue Subzero[/font]
    [font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Vapor Fly 15[/font][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]°[/font]
    [font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]p790 UDI[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Vapor Pro 4-PW[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Haywood 52[/font][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]°[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]PM Grind 58[/font][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]°[/font]
    [font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Bettinardi BB1F (2016)[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]ChromeSoft X[/font]
  • brkuckbrkuck Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭
  • thevaporzthevaporz Members Posts: 2,928 ✭✭
    That neck tho.

• j.b.newtonj.b.newton Members Posts: 612 ✭✭
    For the uneducated/ignorant, what were the things that made it so obviously a fake?
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers Posts: 7,621 ✭✭
    j.b.newton wrote:
    For the uneducated/ignorant, what were the things that made it so obviously a fake?
    Font, acushnet label on the shaft, Milled not handstamped markings, lack of milling marks in general...etc.

Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set N/S) / Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 6X tipped 1.25"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic Flash / 5 (set N/S) / BF 90TX Tipped 1.75"
    718 T-MB 2I / PX Flighted 7.0
    785 / 3-PW / PX 7.0
    RTX4 / 52, 59 / DG S400
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5" OR Kombi-S / 35.5"

• thevaporzthevaporz Members Posts: 2,928 ✭✭
    ^Might want to read the whole thread, jb.
  • CircaflexCircaflex Well, I gotta go now. I’ve got a lotta bouncin’ to do! Members Posts: 742 ✭✭
    gioguy21 wrote:

incredibly fake

GoIrish17 wrote:

I think it would benefit the OP, along with the community, if you guys would expand on why you believe this item is fake. The more people know what to look for, the less of these threads we will see.
    #Ping #TaylorMade #Bettinardi #Snell #Arccos #MitholoG #SunFishKnit
    GHIN: 2719293

j0zhnl.png
  • warrio17warrio17 Members Posts: 371 ✭✭
    johnsomp wrote:

Have you tried entering the serial number on Scotttycameron.com They keep a registry of all Circle T Scotty Camerons.

https://www.scottycameron.com/authentication/registry/default.aspx
    SYalW6s.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Epic SubZero 9* Fujikura Atmos Blue label 7X[/font]
    SYalW6s.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Epic SubZero 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue label 8X[/font]
    taylormade_small_logo_blk.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Tour Preferred UDI 2 Iron 18* UST Mamiya Prototype Utility 110F5[/font]
    taylormade_small_logo_blk.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] RescueDual TP 2 Hybrid 18* True Temper Project X HB6 (interchanges with the UDI)[/font]
    iDRdfVu.png [font=courier new,courier,monospace]JPX 900 Forged 4-GW 1* weak KBS C-Taper X 130g[/font]
    R9admPL.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Vokey Design V Grind SM6 54* KBS 2.0 HiRev X[/font]
    R9admPL.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Vokey Design V Grind SM6 58* KBS 2.0 HiRev X[/font]
    ZSoHrb9.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Circle T 009M Chromatic Bronze Flojet Neck 35" A041795 (Gamer)[/font]
    ZSoHrb9.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Tour Newport Slant Neck Crown "O"[/font]
    ZSoHrb9.png [font=courier new,courier,monospace]Futura X5 Chromatic Bronze Slant Neck Custom [/font]
    ZSoHrb9.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Chromatic Blue 1995 1st Run Coronado[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]i[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]nstagram: @westongarner[/font]
  • 5hort5tuff5hort5tuff Members Posts: 3,319 ✭✭
    Wouldn't it be easy easy to tell by the $300 price tag?
    COBRA LTD w. Hzrdus Red
    WISHON 919 w. Hzrdus Red
    TAYLORMADE Issue Aeroburner w. Tensei Blue
    PING G25 w. Tensei Blue
    PING I200 w. AWT 2.0
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth
    MannKrafted Carbon WB Rattler
    Xenon Copper Wide X
    SGC 902
  • DizzDizz J.W. Members Posts: 14,258
    I can't tell exactly but the face milling almost makes it look like an original Studio Select from the 2010-2011 era. Obviously if it was that then it was heavily modified and not very well done if the person that did it was going for an authentic tour look. The stamping or lack thereof is a dead giveaway-- the real Cameron Tour putters of that style are hand stamped and not engraved. The font is also not even close but that's a product of being engraved and not hand stamped. The cover doesn't look good either.

Does anyone else think this is a Studio Select?
    XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
    X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
    716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
    Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
    Cameron Napa California @ 34"
    Dizz wrote:
    I can't tell exactly but the face milling almost makes it look like an original Studio Select from the 2010-2011 era. Obviously if it was that then it was heavily modified and not very well done if the person that did it was going for an authentic tour look. The stamping or lack thereof is a dead giveaway-- the real Cameron Tour putters of that style are hand stamped and not engraved. The font is also not even close but that's a product of being engraved and not hand stamped. The cover doesn't look good either.

Does anyone else think this is a Studio Select?

No chance
  • Duffer222Duffer222 Members Posts: 378 ✭✭
    No need to even look per explain.

It’s $300. That makes it fake.
    Driver - Cobra F9 10.5 w/ Speeder 661 EVO III
    Fairway - Cobra F9 14.5 w/ Atmos TS 7s blue
    Fairway - Callaway XR Steelhead 5 w/ Atmos TS 7s red
    Hybrid - Mizuno MP CLK-H (Japan only) 24* - TENSEI CK Pro Blue 80h
    Irons - Yamaha ‘15 RMX CB Tour - 5-P w/ Mitsubishi OT 100’s
    Wedge - Titleist Vokey WedgeWorks 54° w/ Mitsubishi OT 100
    Wedge - Titleist Vokey WedgeWorks 60° w/ Mitsubishi OT 100
    Putter - Odyssey EXO 7s 34”
    Ball - Callaway ERC / TaylorMade TP5

Full time walker w/ my SM 3.5 LS on my back
  • straightshot7straightshot7 Members Posts: 3,054 ✭✭
    Circaflex wrote:

gioguy21 wrote:

incredibly fake

GoIrish17 wrote:

I think it would benefit the OP, along with the community, if you guys would expand on why you believe this item is fake. The more people know what to look for, the less of these threads we will see.

It's hard to tell with the lighting, but the putter in question doesn't appear to have the vertical mill mark which is typical of fakes (see picture below--the top 2 are real putters and show the mill mark).

The bumper shapes, face font, red dots, and face milling also look different from real putters.

scotty_fake.jpg
  • theboypinoytheboypinoy Members Posts: 2,076 ✭✭
    LowRG wrote:

$300

This should have given it away image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • halliedoghalliedog Members Posts: 2,378 ✭✭
    Cross-bar on last "t" looks off centered on OP's compared to Straightshot's top pic? And looks like someone added the sight line with a scratch awl!
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • TPG1971TPG1971 Don't Get Rolled Members Posts: 962 ✭✭
    johnsomp wrote:

How much did they soak you for that?
    PING G30 9.5 Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8 63 Stiff
    Titleist 917F 16.5 Diamana Blue Stiff
    PING G410 19* Hybrid Mitsubishi CK Pro Blue 80 Stiff
    PING I200 4-PW Red Dot AWT 2.0 R Hard Stepped once
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Red Dot AWT Wedge Flex
    RTX-3 54 bent to 55 DG Ti Onyx S400
    Wilson Staff PMP 58* DG S200
    Cameron 009 A012056
  • Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers Posts: 6,101 ✭✭
    everything is fake. the cast head is also another giveaway.
    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
    714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
    SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
    Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
    WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec
  • johnsompjohnsomp Members Posts: 178 ✭✭
    TPG1971 wrote:

johnsomp wrote:

How much did they soak you for that?

Didn't purchase it.
  • ArpeggiArpeggi Members Posts: 3,686
    Shouldn’t even have wasted your time with pics with that $300 tag.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Current bag:
    Titleist TS3 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 [/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 GD Tour AD-MT 7[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Epon AF-705 5-AW MRC OT-I 95
    Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Scotty Cameron 009[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Taylormade TP5x[/font]