Adam Scott Cheating!

2over2over Members Posts: 185 ✭✭
Adam Scott is straight up cheating. Excellent shot just now of him on the putting green right behind Koepka and you can clearly, clearly see that putter is anchored to his chest firmly, not budging a smidge. Straight up cheating and needs to be called by the rules official. Just because Langer gets away with it on the hit and giggle tour is no reason to let the real pros get away with it. I don't care how popular Scott is and how "nice a guy" this is just wrong.

Comments

• fowlerscousinfowlerscousin Members Posts: 794 ✭✭
    edited Aug 12, 2018 #2
    Who cares, it doesnt even give an advantage, Scott is Dfl in putting on tour lol, and those long putters suck when you have awkward sidehill stance, and other severe slopes
  • paulshackpaulshack Members Posts: 1,344 ✭✭
    Get a life bud
  • Petunia SprinklePetunia Sprinkle Future King of France Unregistered Posts: 5,362 ✭✭
    The rule only applies to play, not practice, Sparky.
  • Scotty1140Scotty1140 Members Posts: 4,442 ✭✭
    I agree but at the same time don’t care.

USGA’s fault for writing the rule so fluffy.
  • moonshinemoonshine 64 @ Augusta? No problem! North Charleston, SCClubWRX Posts: 6,356 ✭✭

Lol..woops
    "We have learned that we must
    live as men, not as ostriches, nor
    as dogs in the manger." FDR
  • straightshot7straightshot7 Members Posts: 2,984 ✭✭
    The putting green...
  • new2g0lfnew2g0lf Members Posts: 3,382 ✭✭
    2over wrote:

Adam Scott is straight up cheating. Excellent shot just now of him on the putting green right behind Koepka and you can clearly, clearly see that putter is anchored to his chest firmly, not budging a smidge. Straight up cheating and needs to be called by the rules official. Just because Langer gets away with it on the hit and giggle tour is no reason to let the real pros get away with it. I don't care how popular Scott is and how "nice a guy" this is just wrong.

Bernard Langer, said "Prove It"
    Driver - Ping G400 MAX 10.5*
    Woods - XXIO 10 3W
    Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
    Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-GW Away - Ping i500 5-AW
    Wedge - Vokey TVD 56* K Grind
    Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
    Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers Posts: 28,368 ✭✭
    Shouldn't you be out practicing, Joel Dahmen?
    Ping G400 Max 9 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
    Callaway MD Forged 52,56 w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/s300
    SGC Northwood Center Shaft 400g
  • vanillafunk616vanillafunk616 Members Posts: 552 ✭✭
    Lol can you imagine what it must have been like when they let people call in rules violations. "He's cheating on the practice green! He's cheating on the practice green!"
  • SmoothedOutSmoothedOut Banned Posts: 58
    Old news dude. I'm sure it would be more of an issue if it were actually helping him... He seems to still be missing a lot, and I mean a lot, of makable putts.
    Langer anchors it during his practice strokes. That's not against the rules either.
  • TingtingTingting Members Posts: 705 ✭✭
    Anyone know what club he gave up to have 2 putters?

• Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,697 ClubWRX
    People downplay the PGA but it's more of a troll fest around here than any of the other majors this year.
  • ray9898ray9898 Members Posts: 768 ✭✭
    I bet this guy hates he can't call in rules infraction anymore. Go outside and yell at a cloud or something.
  • StiffShaftStiffShaft Members Posts: 162 ✭✭
    There’s already a couple Anchorin Scott threads
  • andrieddleandrieddle Members Posts: 1,798 ✭✭
    He has 2 putters in the bag? Say what?
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Cobra Fly Z+ (11)
    Cobra Bio Cell 4W (16)
    TaylorMade R15 4H (21)
    FourteeN TC 606 (5-P/A)

Bridgestone J15 (50)
    Callaway MD2 (56/60)
    Odyssey EXO 7S
    [/font]
  • hell_is_chromehell_is_chrome Members Posts: 938 ✭✭
    I'm more concerned with Tiger playing fast and loose with marking his ball on the green but whatever.
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members Posts: 12,631 ✭✭

I'm more concerned with Tiger playing fast and loose with marking his ball on the green but whatever.

Haha. of course. Better get your magnifying glass out. Just because he marks it fast sometimes? I'm sure he's out there trying to pick up a centimeter.
    edited Aug 12, 2018 #21

Haha. of course. Better get your magnifying glass out. Just because he marks it fast sometimes? I'm sure he's out there trying to pick up a centimeter.

More like half an inch but whatever. I'm not really mad about it but it's just one of those things that A LOT of pros do but no one seems to care unless it is Lexi Thompson I guess?
    edited Aug 12, 2018 #22

More like half an inch but whatever. I'm not really mad about it but it's just one of those things that A LOT of pros do but no one seems to care unless it is Lexi Thompson I guess?

Thompson was shown in slow motion picking up her ball and moving it and placing it in a different place.

If you had video of Tiger or anyone else doing that it would be same ruling. But you don't?
  • MarkFromTheUKMarkFromTheUK Members Posts: 4,639 ✭✭
    The only way to stop this is the introduce a maximum putter length rule. 36” should do it.
    PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
    PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
    PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
    PXG Operator H - 34.5”
    Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
    PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
    Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Thompson was shown in slow motion picking up her ball and moving it and placing it in a different place.

If you had video of Tiger or anyone else doing that it would be same ruling. But you don't?

I saw it twice on the front 9. I don't have video, because again, I really don't care.
  • dcfasdcfas Tempus Fugit Members Posts: 859 ✭✭
    Didn’t Adam mark his ball on the fringe?
  • WidespreadPanicWidespreadPanic Wizard in the Corner Members Posts: 4,826 ✭✭
    This really needs another thread?
    Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
    Cobra F7 15.5*
    Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
    Mizuno MP18 Fli Hi 4i
    Mizuno MP18 SC 5-PW
    Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
    Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
    Taylormade TPx

I saw it twice on the front 9. I don't have video, because again, I really don't care.

I got the impression that you did care when you said "I'm more concerned with..." and took the time to post it in a topic about something else.

But okay. We'll just take your word for it and trust your eyes from home that Tiger and others are cheating.
  • Ashley SchaefferAshley Schaeffer Members Posts: 2,010 ✭✭
    edited Aug 12, 2018 #28

Crazy! Which holes? I have it all recorded.
    8.5* TS3 - Evenflow White T-1100
    15* M2 2017
    18* M2 2017
    4-PW Mizuno JPX850F
    SM7 50*, 54*, 60*
    SC Newport Two
  • 2over2over Members Posts: 185 ✭✭
    edited Aug 12, 2018 #29

Yeah and if you have eyes you will see on the last putt clearly anchoring! Rules are rules and they need to be enforced. If it didn't help he wouldn't be doing it.
    ray9898 wrote:

I bet this guy hates he can't call in rules infraction anymore. Go outside and yell at a cloud or something.

So, is it not clear he's anchoring and not clear that's against the rules of golf? I don't understand why this rule isn't being enforced when they're quite strict on the other ones. Say something intelligent or don't post, dude.

Old news dude. I'm sure it would be more of an issue if it were actually helping him... He seems to still be missing a lot, and I mean a lot, of makable putts.

Didn't miss the last one to put him right in the mix.
This discussion has been closed.