15678911»

Comments

• Ti-Cip Ti-Cip Members Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Apr 1, 2019 6:34pm #302

anyone else received a v2 m5?

Post edited by Ti-Cip on
    edited Apr 1, 2019 6:39pm #303

i was just at a tm demo day over the last weekend, and none of their m5's were different, and the rep knew nothing of any changes.

• t4t3rt4t3r Members Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I ordered a used M5 from one of the popular preowned club sites and the one I received was cracked, so I took it to my local retailer on the 22nd and received the replacement today.

I took a look at the ones on the rack and there is definitely some variance to how much the overhang is on different heads. Maybe that explains why some have had issues and others haven’t. Glad to have gotten the “fixed” version as a replacement though.

Taylormade M3 440 10* - Tensei Pro Blue 60tx
    Titleist TS2 16.5* - Diamana S+ 72x
    Callaway 815 Alpha 20* - UST iRoD 85x
    Callaway 2013 X-Forged 5-PW - Nippon Modus 130
    Callaway MD4 50.10S - DG Tour Issue 115
    Callaway MD4 54.10S - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
    Callaway PM Grind 60.10 - DG Tour Issue S400
    Scotty Cameron Milspec 350g
    Taylormade TP5x
  • Disco NinjaDisco Ninja Members Posts: 189 ✭✭✭

Another possible victim. Gave TM the benefit of the doubt and thought that ordering direct would give me a better chance of getting a good one. 3 rounds in, no range, wood and plastic tees, and just found a chip. I've seen really bad ones and this isn't quite there yet but I'm assuming it may not be far away. Would this be enough to warrant a call to TM? I only ask because this club is looooong and I really like it performance wise.

TM M5 9°- GD Tour AD-IZ 6 TX
    Cobra F9 Tour Fairway 14.5° - GD Tour AD-DI 7X
    TM M3 5-Wood - MRC Kai'li 8X
    Mizuno MP-18 3-5 SC/ 6-9 MB - Nippon System 3 125X
    Vokey SM6 46°, 54°, 60° - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
    '12 Newport 2 

i am getting my replacement tomorrow. after seeing the above pics of the v2 and how it is still chipping away, my hopes that the m5 being corrected has gone out the door. whether or not my replacement is an original or a v2, it doesnt matter at this point. tm's attempt to correct this issue is a complete fail. both versions will eventually chip away at some point during use, so it doesn't matter which you have. if they ever completely redesign the sole of this m5 , then i'll do another RA, until then, i'll just live with it.

• NC_IndyNC_Indy Noblesville, INMembers Posts: 19 ✭✭

Got my M5 about three weeks ago and it's broken. Not sure how long it's been broken, I didn't realize it until I was putting it in a headcover yesterday on the course, I did hit on one of those weird put a tee in the rubber/plastic tee mats when it was really really wet out in Indiana and they were asking everyone to hit on the mats. PGA Superstore told me to bring it in, not sure if they just replace it with something on the rack and then handle it with TM on the backside or if I have to wait for a replacement to come in.

• coreylcoreyl Hacker Members Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

That thing looks like ****...you drag it don the cart path?

@NC_Indy said:
    Got my M5 about three weeks ago and it's broken. Not sure how long it's been broken, I didn't realize it until I was putting it in a headcover yesterday on the course, I did hit on one of those weird put a tee in the rubber/plastic tee mats when it was really really wet out in Indiana and they were asking everyone to hit on the mats. PGA Superstore told me to bring it in, not sure if they just replace it with something on the rack and then handle it with TM on the backside or if I have to wait for a replacement to come in.

• NC_IndyNC_Indy Noblesville, INMembers Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited May 10, 2019 3:20pm #309

@coreyl said:
    That thing looks like ****...you drag it don the cart path?

I wish I wouldn't be frustrated if I did that! I had just played in wet conditions with white wooden tees the last time out. Here it is cleaned up a bit, you can see the tee mark from a tee at some point getting trapped between the weight and the rails there and it just collapsing along everything that overhangs.

Edit: Went to PGA Superstore this morning and they knew about the issue it seemed. They had about 70% of the new ones 30% of the old and they just took the same head off of a new one put it on my shaft and that was it, they filled out the paperwork on their end to send mine in.

Post edited by NC_Indy on
  • Rig14PortRig14Port Members Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭✭

Noticed and M5 V2 in the WITB of Lee Houtteman this morning.

WITB... Ha. Depends on what day it is
  • ignitewvuignitewvu Members Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Rig14Port said:
    Noticed and M5 V2 in the WITB of Lee Houtteman this morning.

That's not really a V2 the Tour heads (435cc) all came in with the fix in place.

M5 9 Fujikura Speeder Evo IV 661 Stiff
    M3 15 3 Wood Fujikura Motore Speeder VC8.1 Stiff
    M1 19 Hybrid Fujikura Atmos Blue 80HB Stiff
    M1 4i @ 39" KBS Tour 105
    Bridgestone J15DPF 5-PW DG Pro S300
    Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 52, 56 & 60 DGS200
    Scotty Cameron Squareback 34"
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • MNNorsemanMNNorseman Members Posts: 1

Interesting to read this. I purchased the v1 M2 in April 2017 cracked it on the crown of the club in August of 2017. Failuremade sent me an v2 M2 played 15 rounds on it and cracked the sole yesterday. Failuremade is now sending the M6 as a replacement for that one. Im a 2 handicap and haven't dicked it or slammed it. I must say the customer service is exceptional they sent the replacements without any questions asked. However, I'm plenty sick of having to replace these drivers every time i turn around. Hope this M6 is in the wrapper when it arrives because it is going straight to the golf shop on trade in. Thanks Failuremade for the new Titleist driver!

• Kale_mKale_m Members Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@MNNorseman said:
    Interesting to read this. I purchased the v1 M2 in April 2017 cracked it on the crown of the club in August of 2017. Failuremade sent me an v2 M2 played 15 rounds on it and cracked the sole yesterday. Failuremade is now sending the M6 as a replacement for that one. Im a 2 handicap and haven't dicked it or slammed it. I must say the customer service is exceptional they sent the replacements without any questions asked. However, I'm plenty sick of having to replace these drivers every time i turn around. Hope this M6 is in the wrapper when it arrives because it is going straight to the golf shop on trade in. Thanks Failuremade for the new Titleist driver!

Dented the face on my m6. They replaced it but ended up selling it. 4 3w’s and 2 drivers busted.

Went back to ping, no issues

Ping g410 plus 8* 1 flat Fuji pro 2.0 Ts 6x
    Titleist TS3 16.5* evenflow white t1100 6.5 75g
    Ping g410 19* hybrid 
    Callaway Apex MB Raw TIX100
    Callaway md4 52/56
    Tm hi toe 60
    Tm spider x 34” navy with true path alignment
  • Jackal66Jackal66 Members Posts: 249 ✭✭✭

My Son bought an m5 back in May.
    It started sounding funny today.
    After 3 or 4 hits, he noticed the crown lifting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file