Callaway Pre-Owned

crsull09crsull09 Members Posts: 15 ClubWRX

I am considering a Rogue driver from Callaway preowned, which I would get -1/2" from stock. I know that cutting down a driver changes the swingweight and that if I ordered a shorter shaft from the OEM, they may change weight elsewhere (heavier screws) to offset that effect. My question is whether Callaway Pre-Owned would do anything like that? If not, I assume I would be better off testing out the longer version and if it does not suit me having Golfer's Warehouse cut it down, who would also do nothing about swingweights.

Comments

• ssfrannyssfranny Lefty Boomers Posts: 2,574 ✭✭

think you still can get 30-40% off today also check ebay Callaway PO nornally lists stuff really cheap

• warna37warna37 Members Posts: 92 ✭✭

They wont do anything to modify swingweight.
    If you do buy it, I would recommend getting a roll of lead tape and head to the range to test different weights.

I'd list the clubs in my bag, but then I would have to change this every day
  • Radeon962Radeon962 ClubWRX Posts: 1,911 ClubWRX

Weights are readily available on the bay for $10-$15 each. Figure out what weight you need with lead tape and then order one.

• bkirkley09bkirkley09 Members Posts: 357 ✭✭

Just picked up an average condition EPIC SUBZERO FLASH 3 Wood for - $165! Best part came with the OBAN DEVOTION 7! I love Callaway Preowned and am just hoping the club does not show up with the fave caved in! Lol.

PING G400 Max 9*, Graphite Design Tour AD BB 6X
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 3W, Oban Devotion 7x
    Callaway Epic Flash 5W, Smoke 80g 6.5
    Ping I210 4-PW, DG 120 S300
    Ping Glide Stealth, 50ss, 54ss, 58ss, AWT Wedge Flex
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5 Moto, 33"

• Olde MaroonOlde Maroon Playing your old gear Posts: 365 ✭✭
    edited Mar 26, 2019 8:08pm #6

@bkirkley09 said:
    Just picked up an average condition EPIC SUBZERO FLASH 3 Wood for - $165! Best part came with the OBAN DEVOTION 7! I love Callaway Preowned and am just hoping the club does not show up with the fave caved in! Lol.

Hmmm... I'm guessing you didn't mean to add "Flash" as CPO doesn't have the current model on the site. If I'm wrong, please link so we can all take a look. Enjoy the club!

Post edited by Olde Maroon on
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,405 ✭✭

@Olde Maroon said:

@bkirkley09 said:

Hmmm... I'm guessing you didn't mean to add "Flash" as CPO doesn't have the current model on the site. If I'm wrong, please link sober can all take a look. Enjoy the club!

He is definitely mistaken...CPO took a year just to get the Rogue up on there, theres no way the Flash is.

Long Live Nike

@third-times-a-charm said:

@Olde Maroon said:

@bkirkley09 said:

Hmmm... I'm guessing you didn't mean to add "Flash" as CPO doesn't have the current model on the site. If I'm wrong, please link sober can all take a look. Enjoy the club!

He is definitely mistaken...CPO took a year just to get the Rogue up on there, theres no way the Flash is.

Yeah, I more didn't know if he mistyped or if in his excitement he thought he got the new flash for a steal.

@Olde Maroon said:

@bkirkley09 said:
    Just picked up an average condition EPIC SUBZERO FLASH 3 Wood for - $165! Best part came with the OBAN

@Olde Maroon said:

@bkirkley09 said:

Hmmm... I'm guessing you didn't mean to add "Flash" as CPO doesn't have the current model on the site. If I'm wrong, please link so we can all take a look. Enjoy the club!

Here is the screenshot but it is most definitely the Epic Flash Subzero.

@third-times-a-charm said:

@Olde Maroon said:

@bkirkley09 said:

No periodically throughout the year the newer clubs will be in the clearance section and not a separate listing. You just have to comb through them to find the diamond in the rough!

Here is the screenshot I took of the item just in case!

• halliedoghalliedog Members Posts: 2,292 ✭✭

Glad we all learned something, glad some people got BURNED. Win-Win?

WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

@halliedog said:
    Glad we all learned something, glad some people got BURNED. Win-Win?

Well it’s supposed to arrive tomorrow so we will see what arrives! I cannot wait and will have to go home immediately to open it up! Will report back if it is the actual flash fairway.

• FiveSixAceFiveSixAce Posts: 1,022 ✭✭

Can anyone explain to me why Rogue's are so inexpensive now? They look to be even cheaper than first generation Epics?

• nikeblades00nikeblades00 Members Posts: 71 ✭✭

Im wondering that as well. I have a Rogue. Is it an inferior product?

• hendog39hendog39 Posts: 105 ✭✭

My guess is they a lot of them so price is reduced to move em

• third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,405 ✭✭

@FiveSixAce said:
    Can anyone explain to me why Rogue's are so inexpensive now? They look to be even cheaper than first generation Epics?

All the used ones just flooded the market due to new releases so this always happens, price will go back up some soon.
    I love my Rogues still...

Long Live Nike

Yea the price of the epics and 2015 Gbbs were really low right after the new release and then as they become more rare the price goes up. Rogue is a great club and a great time to buy them up!

• Krt22Krt22 Members Posts: 6,156 ✭✭

Rogue was a bust.

Here are pictures of the club. Honestly pretty great condition for average. Disappointed it didn't come with the headcover and the box was completely ripped apart and the club had fallen out but it looks ok at this time.

^^ That looks spectacular for "average" condition. Congrats on the steal of a deal, and I hope it treats you right!!

• wilymowilymo GAPosts: 240 ✭✭

Yea if you have a lot of free time its definitely worth looking thru the CPO clearance section. A couple times last year they had new release type of items and another time they had this crazy clearance sale that I think was a glitch where several clubs were priced at like $15.

• theboypinoytheboypinoy Members Posts: 2,032 ✭✭

That's a great score for average! 🔥👍🙌

• RainShadowRainShadow Tucson AZ (for now)Members Posts: 3,609 ✭✭

@Krt22 said:
    Rogue was a bust.

Maybe the drivers.
    Faiways are great>

Ping G400 10.5 Hzrdus Yellow 75
    Rogue 4 wd. Atmos Blue TS 7 
    G 410 19* Tour 85
    Apex  23 & 26 Kuro Kage
    Cobra Forged Tec Black 6-GW Modus 105s (In Play) / Srixon Z765 6-GW Modus 105s (Standing By)
    MackDaddy4 Black 54 S and RTX 3 Raw 58* 
     Bettinardi '16 BB1 / '16 Bettinardi Tiki /  '17 Studio Stock 8
    Chrome Soft / TP5/ Wilson Staff FG Tour
This discussion has been closed.