***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Ebay shaft shorter than described

sanjaygolf ·  
sanjaygolfsanjaygolf Members  1389WRX Points: 81Posts: 1,389 Platinum Tees

I recently purchased a shaft that ended up being shorter than the Seller said. He originally never listed a length and when I asked him whether it would play 43" in a Titleist 3w (it did have a titleist tip) he said "yup" and that it was originally from "TPI in Oceanside". I measured it and it's a 1/2" short. He also listed it as New but it definitely has bag wear on the shaft and the grip is worn.

That being said I'm not opposed to trying it shorter and it certainly wasnt priced as if it were new. I'm just wondering what my options are. The seller only has a (3) ratings so a neutral or negative feedback would be damning. Also, is it worth a negative? Is it wrong to contact him and ask for some reimbursement to make it square?

Posted:
G410 LST 10.5 Accra TZ5 65 M5
TS3 15 Rombax P95 X
712U 2i PXI 6.5 // 712 AP2/CB DG TI X100
SM4 52 / SM6 56 /  60 DG TI S400
TaylorMade Spider X
WITB Link

Comments

• gibbiesmallsgibbiesmalls Members  510WRX Points: 173Posts: 510 Golden Tee

On principle alone I'd demand he take the shaft back (at his expense), AND leave the negative feedback.

1. He misrepresented (I'll stop short of saying he lied) that it was new.
    2. He misrepresented the playing length (and or, failed to mention it's raw length).

The sooner that seller learns his lesson (with the negative feedback, and expense of shipping label), the sooner we are all safe of his deceiving practices. Don't think about protecting his ratings, think about protecting others (possibly me) in the future. If he gets "away with it" this time, he will certainly do it again.

But then again, it's all up to you. 😀

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • DFS PFDDFS PFD Members  1737WRX Points: 1,007Handicap: 1.8Posts: 1,737 Platinum Tees

While neither is a huge issue, it was misrepresented. If not addressed he will continue this path until someone else is sold an item with a more serious misrepresentation. I would return and leave neutral feedback.

Posted:
    SIM 8* Ventus Black 6X
    G410 LST  HZRDUS Smoke Hulk 6.5TX 60g 
    Epic Flash SZ 15* Tensei PW 80TX
    2-PW Ping Blueprint DG X7
    55* SM8 Raw
    61* SM8 Raw
    L.A.B 2.1 

• sanjaygolfsanjaygolf Members  1389WRX Points: 81Posts: 1,389 Platinum Tees

I guess I'm trying to find a way to have my cake and eat it too. If the shorter length works out and I don't want to return the shaft do I still have any recourse? I certainly wouldn't ask to keep the shaft and get refunded fully but as you guys were saying I'd want the Seller to have some ramifications for incorrectly listing it. Is it unethical to ask for a discount in return for not returning it and leaving negative feedback?

Posted:
    TS3 15 Rombax P95 X
    TaylorMade Spider X
    WITB Link
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members  3368WRX Points: 1,458Posts: 3,368 Titanium Tees

If you use it, you can't return it. In a thread about misrepresentation and doing what's right....

As for your second question, asking for a partial refund is not out of the question. I've had to do that with shaft sellers twice on ebay previously. It will cost approx $20-40 to get an extension installed by a local shop - so for them to refund that amount would be OK imo if you keep the shaft.

Posted:

Epic Flash - Motore X F3 / Pro 2.0 7 / Apex 19h - Pro 2.0 8 / Apex 19 - Apex Pro 19 1050Gh HSx1 / MD5 / Phantom X5.5 - SS Mid Slim 2.0

• ELL92399ELL92399 Members  7WRX Points: 75Posts: 7 Bunkers

As far as I know, EBay isn’t a demo program where you can try it and then return it if you don’t like it. You either want it or you don’t. Since it was mis-represented, you should just return it, leave neutral or negative feedback and be done with it.

Posted:
  • ChitownM2ChitownM2 Members  127WRX Points: 44Posts: 127 Fairways

Certainly reasonable to contact the seller and ask for some money back since it is not as represented. See what he responds with. I would not leave any feedback until the situation is resolved.

If he tells you to pound sand then I would leave negative feedback and/or file a paypal dispute to recoup some of the cost. When you do a paypal dispute you can choose the amount you are disputing so if you think it is reasonable to get $20 knocked off because that is the cost of getting it lengthened to what you were told it was then dispute $20, it doesn't have to be all or nothing.

Posted:

Advertisement

Thanks, for the response. I'm gonna contact him to see if he's willing to refund a part of it. First, I'm gonna take it to my club builder though to see if it's been tipped anything excessive. I think that's a reasonable thing to do beforehand. I cant see any issue trying to determine if it's salvageable before I negotiate with the guy.

Posted:
    TS3 15 Rombax P95 X
    TaylorMade Spider X
    WITB Link
  • Bigjim1022Bigjim1022 Members  684WRX Points: 92Posts: 684 Golden Tee

Have you actually put it into the head your wanting to use it in and measured? I ask because it may very well have played at 43” in the head he used. As for the bag wear, sellers need to be careful on that one.

Personally I’d stop short of saying he knowingly misrepresented the shaft, especially with only 3 ratings. He may be new at selling, golfing or both and I’d wager he’s not an expert on equipment like a lot of us here.

Just my $.02

Posted:

Yea it has a Titleist tip and i have 3 titleist woods and also other titleist shafts that measure 43". He may not be an expert but I think asking the length is pretty fool proof. Also, the box he shipped it in is a Callaway Preowned box and had an old packing slip for a Toulon Putter. So, I definitely think he's got some idea about golf.

Posted:
    TS3 15 Rombax P95 X
    TaylorMade Spider X
    WITB Link
  • straightshot7straightshot7 Members  3699WRX Points: 1,227Posts: 3,699 Titanium Tees

I think seller should list the "tip to grip" length.

And when you asked him, he should have replied with the tip to grip length.

The "does it play 43"?" can be pretty subjective. I've heard of guys measuring that differently.

Posted:

So did you put it in the Titleist clubs and measure?

Posted:

Advertisement

This was what I was trying to say, not everybody knows the “correct” way to measure club length and we’ve all seen clubs measure differently from head to head.

Posted:
  • TheMagicStingerTheMagicStinger Members  950WRX Points: 203Handicap: 7.6Posts: 950 Golden Tee

Return it. Be done with the situation.

Posted:
  • swgolf12swgolf12 Members  1130WRX Points: 259Posts: 1,130 Platinum Tees

When you asked if it played 43" you made a mistake as there are many ways to measure a club, and unless someone has a mitchell/etc the way they measure it can vary. You should have asked the seller for the tip to butt length of the shaft, then compared that to the length of the shafts you have for your 3 Titleist 3 woods. The property thing to do here is send back for a refund and that is the end.

Posted:
    XTD 10.5* Pro Launch Blue 55X
    917F2 16.5* Fuji P95X
    Nike VFP 3 Fuji P95X
    T-MB 4 CT130X
    5-PW VR Pro CB/MB Raw Combo CT130X
    National Custom 53/58 CT130X
    Raw Hi-Toe 64* CT130X
    Spider/Cameron
  • driveandputtmachinedriveandputtmachine 4 wedges or 2 iron? That is the question! Members  1569WRX Points: 346Handicap: 0.0Posts: 1,569 Platinum Tees

As I don't play titleist, does every titleist three wood have the same measurements? I know they have used the same adapter for awhile, but Let's say you put it in a 913 vs. a TS 3 or something, would the playing lengths be the same? Not saying they are off by 1/2, but between differences in head shapes and how he measured it, it may play 43" to him.

I have been a stickler for having tip to top of grip measurements ever since I sold a set of old iron shafts to a friend of a friend. They came to me in stock lengths. He had the same brand irons and I asked him what his iron shaft lengths were, he said he didn't want to pull and check I sent him a text with the order info in a picture and the lengths of the three iron 7 iron and PW. I asked if they were what he needed and he said yes. He had his buddy give me the 100 bucks in cash and I gave the shafts to him.

Three days later I get a call that all of his iron lengths are wrong and he wants his money back. I told him I offered to measure every iron shaft, and even sent him the lengths of the 3,7, and PW and he said that it was what he needed. I told him no problem just to give the shafts to my buddy and I would give him the 100 back. He said that was outrageous, he wanted to keep the shafts and have me give him all the money so he could go and get the lengths fixed.

Needless to say we had only played golf together 4 or 5 times before this, and have not played since it happened. My actual friend said he was staying out of it even though he saw all the texts from me, we were at my neighborhood pool while I was texting the other guy.

Posted:
    Driver - Ping G400 Max on Tour 75 shaft
    Fairway - TM M5 on Project X HZRDOUS Yellow
    Hybrid - Ping G400 on Tour shaft
    Irons - (5) Cobra Speed Zone on Project X Catalyst 100
    Irons - (6) Srixon 565 on Recoil 110
    Irons (7-W) Srixon 765 on Recoil 110
    Wedges - Cleveland CB2 50* and 54*, Cleveland RTX 4 58* and 62* all on UST Recoil 110
    Putter - Mannkrafted MA/66 or Taylor Made Spider Tour
    Ball - Srixon Z Star or Z Star XV

I have a TS3, 915F, and 913Fd. If there's a difference it's millimeters. Also, I have a stock diamana shaft and Rombax direct from Titleist, which both play to standard. The Ebay shaft is exactly 1/2" shorter than those. And the shaft is definitely not brand new. Im more than inclined to give someone the benefit of the doubt but this isn't even close.

So should I contact him directly for the refund or go through Ebay/PayPal? And should I still leave neutral or negative feedback?

Posted:
    TS3 15 Rombax P95 X
    TaylorMade Spider X
    WITB Link

Advertisement
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members  3368WRX Points: 1,458Posts: 3,368 Titanium Tees

Always go through the ebay messenger app OR start a case with ebay for a partial refund

Posted:

Epic Flash - Motore X F3 / Pro 2.0 7 / Apex 19h - Pro 2.0 8 / Apex 19 - Apex Pro 19 1050Gh HSx1 / MD5 / Phantom X5.5 - SS Mid Slim 2.0

So update on the predicament. I went through ebay for the return and shipped it back to the seller but now he's claiming he hasnt received it even though tracking shows it was delivered to his home. Ebay is taking his side and is not issuing me a refund, so I have no shaft and no money. Hope to file an appeal, anything I should add to best try to get my money back?

Posted:
    TS3 15 Rombax P95 X
    TaylorMade Spider X
    WITB Link
  • tomuch23tomuch23 WIMembers  620WRX Points: 113Posts: 620 Golden Tee
    Posted:
    Srixon Z785 9.5° PX HAZ RED 65
    Srixon F85 15° PX HAZ YELLOW 
    Cleveland Launcher Halo 19°/22° 
    Cobra F9 Speedback 5-Pw,Aw KBS TOUR 90
    Cleveland Cbx 54°/58° DG115 wedge. 
    Cleveland Frontline Elevado
    Srixon Z Star/Q Star Tour, Tp5, Elixr oncore 
    Ogio Silencer

He's saying he never received the package or saying the package was empty?

Can't believe eBay is denying you a refund with a tracking number showing confirmed delivery but I guess you should call your own credit card company and file a dispute.

Posted:

Hes saying he never got the package. Tracking clearly lists it as delivered at his address. Not sure what more I can do. My PayPal is funded through my bank account so I dont think I can do anything with my credit card company.

Posted:
    TS3 15 Rombax P95 X
    TaylorMade Spider X
    WITB Link

Advertisement

Yeah that sucks. Too little too late, but don't ever use PayPal through your back account and don't keep a balance with them. Always pay with a CC and transfer any incoming funds out immediately.

Posted:

Update: I filed an appeal and showed that the shaft was clearly delivered at the listed address and they finally came to their senses and provided my refund back. And lo and behold the seller has the shaft, which he claims was not delivered, is listed for sale again. This whole experience has truly left a sour taste in my mouth

Posted:
    TS3 15 Rombax P95 X
    TaylorMade Spider X
    WITB Link
  • ValtielValtiel Konica-Minolta Bizhub Members  4022WRX Points: 2,028Handicap: 1.7Posts: 4,022 Titanium Tees

Yuck, sounds like the guy decided to try to screw you on that one. Lesson learned about how to ask for length measurements though. I would never trust someone to know what length a shaft would play as in a head, even if they had the head in question.

Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 9.5* Diamana X'17 70XX || Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX
    Titleist 915FD 15* Kuro Kage 80XTS || Taylormade RSI UDI 16* Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 9.8 Tour-Spec X
    Titleist 915FD 18* Kuro Kage 90XTS || Titleist 818H1 18.25* Diamana Kai'li s103x Prototype 
    Callaway X-Forged UT 20* Kuro Kage XT 100TX Hybrid
    Callaway X-Forged UT 23* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Bridgestone J40 DPC 5i-7i 27*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Special 61* Black Oxide V-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot

WITB Thread

Glad to hear it worked out OP. Couple good lessons learned and no harm done

Posted:
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers  4813WRX Points: 1,889Posts: 4,813 Titanium Tees

Glad you got your money back. You should now share the name of the Ebay seller so that other WRX members can avoid/ignore/block him. Posting his Ebay seller name will be protecting the field so to speak.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • ColejColej Members  1860WRX Points: 176Posts: 1,860 Platinum Tees

Just thinking out loud but isn’t what he did fraud?

Posted:
    Posted:
    TS3 15 Rombax P95 X
    TaylorMade Spider X
    WITB Link
  • KC13KC13 31st StateMembers  607WRX Points: 234Handicap: 3Posts: 607 Golden Tee

100% was and completely bull crap! If I was eBay, i'd ban him but they wont, cause they want money. This world today is backwards sometimes....

• KC
    Posted:

Good Swing,

Maximum time to make minimum adjustments.

Bad Swing,

Minimum time to make maximum adjustments.

Advertisement
  • KC13KC13 31st StateMembers  607WRX Points: 234Handicap: 3Posts: 607 Golden Tee

The guy has 3 feedback and a Neutral for not providing a headcover to a putter as listed. Yes, looks like the Fuji Pro 2.0 7X is relisted... guy is scum for sure.

• KC
    Posted:

Good Swing,

Maximum time to make minimum adjustments.

Bad Swing,

Minimum time to make maximum adjustments.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.