***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Played 9 last night and shot even par

trilerian ·  
trileriantrilerian Members  655WRX Points: 161Handicap: 13.1Posts: 655 Golden Tee

Played 9 last night and shot even par

This is the second time I have shot even for 9, but the first time I have shot even for the holes I played that day. The last time I was 8 over on the front and shot even on the back.

Last night, a league was on the front so I played the back. Par 34 and pretty short.

Hole 10: 240 yd par 4, birdie

Hole 11: 220 yd par 3, par

Hole 12: 350 yd par 4, bogey

Hole 13: 260 yd par 4, par

Hole 14: 420 yd par 4, birdie

Hole 15: 140 yd par 3, par

Hole 16: 320 yd par 4, bogey

Hole 17: 120 yd par 3, bogey

Hole 18: 475 yd par 5, birdie

On the tee of 14 I started thinking about shooting even for the round, ended up in the left rough and had to make a tough shot for my approach. 180 yd, low running hook, straight would have put me in a bunker. But hit it to 6’ and made the birdie putt.

On 16 I tried to hit a fade off the tee and drew it instead, oops! Second shot from the trees got me close to the green, but couldn’t get up and down. 

17 disappointed me. Overdrew my partial wedge into the greenside bunker. Hit my bunker shot to 8’, but missed the putt by inches. 

On the tee of 18, all I can think is eagle, if I eagle this hole I could break par!  Anyway, I put a little too much curve on my drive and landed in the middle of the fairway, but short of where I wanted to be. To go for the green on this hole, you generally want to be on the left side of the fairway and hit a little fade in. I left myself 225 in for the second, but not a good line. I needed either to go over trees that stopped about 40 yds from the green, or play a big cut.  I decided to go over the trees with my 4h. Managed to get on and left myself with a 30’ putt for eagle. Missed the putt by 3”, tap in birdie, even for the round. 

Posted:

Driver: TM M6

Fairway(s): TM 2017 M2 5W

Hybrid(s): TM Sim Max 4H

Irons: Callaway Apex 19 4-AW

Wedge(s): Vokey 54s, 60l

Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5

Comments

• kb7kb7 Members  37WRX Points: 28Posts: 37 Bunkers

Congrats dude!

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers  14099WRX Points: 2,923Handicap: 3.1Posts: 14,099 Titanium Tees

Great playing Tex !!!

Posted:

Ping G400 LST 11* Mitsu Blueboard 53x
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard Ion 73x
    Ping G410 7w 19.5* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Fubuki ax400 82x
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Kuro Kage 90s
    Mizuno 919t 6-PW UST Recoil 110s
    Vokey TVD 52m-58m-64* s400
    Piretti Matera Elite

• puttingmattputtingmatt puttingmatt Summer/ Michigan-- Winter/ FloridaMembers  5557WRX Points: 539Handicap: 6.3 HCIPosts: 5,557 Titanium Tees

Sounds like a good round, keeping the emotions in check sure helps. You should be feeling good about your game. Keep it up .

Posted:

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC
  • kmay__kmay__ niagara, ontario, canada. Members  584WRX Points: 360Posts: 584 Golden Tee

3 birds in 9, well played.

Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 10.5*
    Cobra Baffler 16*
    PING G30 4h 22*
    TM R11 5-PW (Mizuno MP-4 for fun)
    Mizuno MP-T5 50*, 54*
    PM Grind 60*
    Cleveland HB #6 center shaft 
  • lagacealagacea Members  78WRX Points: 41Handicap: 10.8Posts: 78 Fairways

Great night. I had my PB 9 hole round last night as well. +1. I had 8 pars and 1 bogey on what is usually one of the easier holes for me. Can't complain though.

Posted:
  • RSinSGRSinSG St George, UT (Formerly Palm Springs, CA)ClubWRX  3518WRX Points: 542Handicap: 7.3Posts: 3,518 ClubWRX

Nicely done.

Posted:
    Ping G410 Tour AD DI S
    Ping G30 3 wood, 5 wood
    Ben Hogan VTKR 21* hybrid
    Ping G400 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
    Ping Glide 60* LW
    Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or)
     Scotty CameronFastback
    Gamegolf
    https://www.ledges.com/ Home course
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • golfsticksgolfsticks Members  5WRX Points: 11Posts: 5 Bunkers

Good playing.

Posted:
  • trileriantrilerian Members  655WRX Points: 161Handicap: 13.1Posts: 655 Golden Tee

Thanks everybody! I played 36 on Saturday. 18 from the blues and 18 from the whites. Shot 81, 76. Even on the back again from the whites! 2 eagle putts this time, missed both but left easy birdies. Yesterday reality caught up with me though. Struggled with putting and my approach game, left a lot out there.

Posted:

Driver: TM M6

Fairway(s): TM 2017 M2 5W

Hybrid(s): TM Sim Max 4H

Irons: Callaway Apex 19 4-AW

Wedge(s): Vokey 54s, 60l

Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.