Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

> @"Captain Morgan " said:

> About to order a 10gr weight to go in the forward position in my F9 driver instead of the 2gr. Has anyone else done this? Having the 10 front 14 rear. What results did you get good or bad?

If you intend to play it with 8 extra grams on it and you don’t shorten it the swingweight will be up in the high D range, very close to E. It will feel EXTREMELY heavy. The Tour length uses 8 extra grams and it is an inch shorter.

> @provx said:

> Has anyone ordered the tour length driver at 43.5 inches or so, how is it working out?

I always have all my drivers at 43.5” including the F9. Swingweight is at D-2. Only one round and one range session so far. Pretty positive results but quite honestly I still prefer the sound, feel, and look of my LTD. I’m sure part of it is just familiarity after 3 years of the same driver. I suppose I should find a launch monitor to get some numbers but I’m a bit old fashioned about that. I either like a club or I dont. The ball flight and the distance on some of my favorite driving holes tell me most of what I want to know. The 2 heads with the same shafts (Grafalloy Blue and KKDCXT). seem to perform similarly for me.

Anyone else not impressed with the look of the F9 hybrids? They seem uninspired to me. At address they look as though they really don't belong in the F9 lineup. I miss the adjustable hosel from the F7's. For me, the F7's were like the pinnacle of the Cobra hybrids. I'm glad I held on to my F7's.

Driver: Callaway Rogue STMaxLS 10.5 Degree

5 Wood: Cobra LTDxLS @ 17.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra King OS 3-4 Hybrid @ 20.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra Aerojet @ 24 Degree

Irons: Taylormade 2021 P790's 5-AW

Wedge: Taylormade MG3 54 Degree

Wedge: Callaway Sureout 2 @ 60 degree

Putter: PXG Closer

> @JohnKHawk said:

> Anyone else not impressed with the look of the F9 hybrids? They seem uninspired to me. At address they look as though they really don't belong in the F9 lineup. I miss the adjustable hosel from the F7's. For me, the F7's were like the pinnacle of the Cobra hybrids. I'm glad I held on to my F7's.

Looks must be deceiving.. to me this is the best Cobra hybrid yet.

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Max 10.5* Diamana GT 60 S
Callaway AI Smoke Max 5W Tensei Blue 65 S

Ping G430 4H RDX Red 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-GW Modus 105S (bent 2* weak)
Callaway Jaws Raw 54* & 58*
Odyssey 5K #7 34”

> @pmang said:

> > @JohnKHawk said:

> > Anyone else not impressed with the look of the F9 hybrids? They seem uninspired to me. At address they look as though they really don't belong in the F9 lineup. I miss the adjustable hosel from the F7's. For me, the F7's were like the pinnacle of the Cobra hybrids. I'm glad I held on to my F7's.

> Looks must be deceiving.. to me this is the best Cobra hybrid yet.

>

I wouldn't say I dislike them...I just think they could have done a better job blending them aesthetically to the fairways. Just me being picky I guess. I like the slightly bigger shape but miss the adjustable hosel.

Driver: Callaway Rogue STMaxLS 10.5 Degree

5 Wood: Cobra LTDxLS @ 17.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra King OS 3-4 Hybrid @ 20.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra Aerojet @ 24 Degree

Irons: Taylormade 2021 P790's 5-AW

Wedge: Taylormade MG3 54 Degree

Wedge: Callaway Sureout 2 @ 60 degree

Putter: PXG Closer

It's honestly the best driver I've ever hit. It is unbelievably long and forgiveness wise, if you avoid high toe, it still gets right out there. Seriously considering the fairway now as well. Didn't think my ST180 would be under threat but if the Cobra is as good as the Mizuno then it's going straight in the bag.

I'd highly recommend the F9 all day long.

• Like 1

> @"Captain Morgan " said:

> About to order a 10gr weight to go in the forward position in my F9 driver instead of the 2gr. Has anyone else done this? Having the 10 front 14 rear. What results did you get good or bad?

I have the 14 in front and 10 in the rear and have the club playing 44”. Swing weight is around D3.5. Haven’t had it on a simulator but on the course I love everything about the setup. Have the Accra TZ6 65 M4 tipped .5”. Very accurate and longer than the epic flash SZ I was testing against it. Best feeling and sounding driver I’ve ever played

> @DGA3 said:

> I'm very interested in the driver, but according to Cobra's website, there are no fitters around central Ohio (unless I go to Golf Galaxy and hit into a screen). I'm sure the driver is great, but I'd really want to compare the shaft offerings and see what works best for me.

Miles of Golf is about 75 minutes from Columbus. Worth the trip if you want the outdoor fitting experience.

The Tour 3w is in the bag.

I took out my Epic driver yesterday, and it was just better for me than the F9, and it may be the PO shaft, but am not even pulling the adapter, probably just stick with the Epic.

I thought it would be the opposite from the results in the sim. I was hitting the 3w really high and not very consistent , but just dead straight with the driver. On course the driver is all over the place and the 3w is just straight with a perfect ball flight.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

> @Warrick said:

> The Tour 3w is in the bag.

> I took out my Epic driver yesterday, and it was just better for me than the F9, and it may be the PO shaft, but am not even pulling the adapter, probably just stick with the Epic.

> I thought it would be the opposite from the results in the sim. I was hitting the 3w really high and not very consistent , but just dead straight with the driver. On course the driver is all over the place and the 3w is just straight with a perfect ball flight.

Which shaft in the F9 driver? I am loving the F9 std 3w with Atmos Blue. But it is always true that loving the fairways does not always carry over to the driver.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

> @JonnyKrasnodar said:

> It's honestly the best driver I've ever hit. It is unbelievably long and forgiveness wise, if you avoid high toe, it still gets right out there. Seriously considering the fairway now as well. Didn't think my ST180 would be under threat but if the Cobra is as good as the Mizuno then it's going straight in the bag.

>

> I'd highly recommend the F9 all day long.

For me, this has been the game changer, I can hit almost with reckless abandon without fear of losing the ball. I had my worst round of the year this past Saturday and even with a bad swing, I was hitting over 50% of my fairways with good distance even on miss-hits towards the toe or heel. Driving was the worst part of my game last year and it's slowly becoming one of the better parts of my game. If I can dial in my round to round consistency I should hit scratch before Summer.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

> @GolfChannel said:

> > @JonnyKrasnodar said:

> > It's honestly the best driver I've ever hit. It is unbelievably long and forgiveness wise, if you avoid high toe, it still gets right out there. Seriously considering the fairway now as well. Didn't think my ST180 would be under threat but if the Cobra is as good as the Mizuno then it's going straight in the bag.

> >

> > I'd highly recommend the F9 all day long.

>

> For me, this has been the game changer, I can hit almost with reckless abandon without fear of losing the ball. I had my worst round of the year this past Saturday and even with a bad swing, I was hitting over 50% of my fairways with good distance even on miss-hits towards the toe or heel. Driving was the worst part of my game last year and it's slowly becoming one of the better parts of my game. If I can dial in my round to round consistency I should hit scratch before Summer.

You guys go with standard length or the 44.5 inch version?

> @dmeeksDC said:

> > @GolfChannel said:

> > > @JonnyKrasnodar said:

> > > It's honestly the best driver I've ever hit. It is unbelievably long and forgiveness wise, if you avoid high toe, it still gets right out there. Seriously considering the fairway now as well. Didn't think my ST180 would be under threat but if the Cobra is as good as the Mizuno then it's going straight in the bag.

> > >

> > > I'd highly recommend the F9 all day long.

> >

> > For me, this has been the game changer, I can hit almost with reckless abandon without fear of losing the ball. I had my worst round of the year this past Saturday and even with a bad swing, I was hitting over 50% of my fairways with good distance even on miss-hits towards the toe or heel. Driving was the worst part of my game last year and it's slowly becoming one of the better parts of my game. If I can dial in my round to round consistency I should hit scratch before Summer.

>

> You guys go with standard length or the 44.5 inch version?

I had mine special ordered, 44 inches and two 14 gram weights.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

> @Warrick said:

> The Tour 3w is in the bag.

> I took out my Epic driver yesterday, and it was just better for me than the F9, and it may be the PO shaft, but am not even pulling the adapter, probably just stick with the Epic.

> I thought it would be the opposite from the results in the sim. I was hitting the 3w really high and not very consistent , but just dead straight with the driver. On course the driver is all over the place and the 3w is just straight with a perfect ball flight.

Where were your strikes with the F9 Driver? Found I had to stand what seemed a good bit further than normal from the ball with mine to find the centre. Not sure why. I'm hitting mine very well now with that adjustment

> @GolfChannel said:

> > @dmeeksDC said:

> > > @GolfChannel said:

> > > > @JonnyKrasnodar said:

> > > > It's honestly the best driver I've ever hit. It is unbelievably long and forgiveness wise, if you avoid high toe, it still gets right out there. Seriously considering the fairway now as well. Didn't think my ST180 would be under threat but if the Cobra is as good as the Mizuno then it's going straight in the bag.

> > > >

> > > > I'd highly recommend the F9 all day long.

> > >

> > > For me, this has been the game changer, I can hit almost with reckless abandon without fear of losing the ball. I had my worst round of the year this past Saturday and even with a bad swing, I was hitting over 50% of my fairways with good distance even on miss-hits towards the toe or heel. Driving was the worst part of my game last year and it's slowly becoming one of the better parts of my game. If I can dial in my round to round consistency I should hit scratch before Summer.

> >

> > You guys go with standard length or the 44.5 inch version?

>

> I had mine special ordered, 44 inches and two 14 gram weights.

My custom order was 1/2 longer so it's 45.75 I think. Just feels like I can't miss.

> @peepee said:

> > @Warrick said:

> > The Tour 3w is in the bag.

> > I took out my Epic driver yesterday, and it was just better for me than the F9, and it may be the PO shaft, but am not even pulling the adapter, probably just stick with the Epic.

> > I thought it would be the opposite from the results in the sim. I was hitting the 3w really high and not very consistent , but just dead straight with the driver. On course the driver is all over the place and the 3w is just straight with a perfect ball flight.

>

> Where were your strikes with the F9 Driver? Found I had to stand what seemed a good bit further than normal from the ball with mine to find the centre. Not sure why. I'm hitting mine very well now with that adjustment

That's crazy that you posted that, I am experiencing the same thing. When I take my normal stance all the strikes were on the heel. Not so with my TM M1 and they are both the same length. I thought I was doing something weird to cause this. Anyway I set up now with the toe of the driver head barely in line with the inside of the ball. When I do that all strikes are dead center.

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT 
PUTTER -   PXG Battle Ready Gunboat w/M16 Stability Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

Does anyone happen to know the weight difference in the standard stock grip that come with the F9 (Lamkin Crossline 58+ with/Cobra Connect) vs something like a regular Lamkin Crossline (50g)? I had the grips changed and was wondering what the weight difference was. I lost .25" by going with another grip without connect and I had the shaft cut down by another .25", essentially shortening the driver by .5". I added 4 grams back to the head and it felt way heavier. The only reason that I can think of is that the new grip weighs significantly less than the stock one, thus bringing the swing weight back up.

I have 2 of the stock Lamkin Crossline 58+ with/Cobra Connect grips I pulled off of F9 drivers and I just weighed them both at 63g

Some flavor of the month driver.
Some driving iron for Links courses.

A hybrid to save my bad shots.
Titleist blades when I feel lucky otherwise something more forgiving.
A Vokey wedge or 2.
I hate every one of my 17 putters.

> @magnus7319 said:

> I have 2 of the stock Lamkin Crossline 58+ with/Cobra Connect grips I pulled off of F9 drivers and I just weighed them both at 63g

Is that with the sensor still attached? Man, that's alot. I called Cobra and the guy told me that the 58+ was 54g (without the sensor, I'm assuming). If that is the case, it is no wonder that it felt like swinging Thor's hammer yesterday with the 18g weight in instead of the 14g. Thank you so much for the info.

I went ahead and ordered a 17* hybrid, but I'm a little nervous.

Golf Galaxy only had the 19* so I hit it against my Titleist 816 H2 19* and the Titleist was a full 20 yards longer. The reason was obvious... the F9 just launched way high for me with a lot more spin. The stock Atmos shaft felt much lighter than the one I'd previously hit.

I ordered the 17 anyway with a heavier Aldila NV 2KXV Green. I didn't trade the 816 just in case...

> @Cjetblack said:

> > @magnus7319 said:

> > I have 2 of the stock Lamkin Crossline 58+ with/Cobra Connect grips I pulled off of F9 drivers and I just weighed them both at 63g

>

> Is that with the sensor still attached? Man, that's alot. I called Cobra and the guy told me that the 58+ was 54g (without the sensor, I'm assuming). If that is the case, it is no wonder that it felt like swinging Thor's hammer yesterday with the 18g weight in instead of the 14g. Thank you so much for the info.

Yea, that's with the sensor attached in the end-cap.

Some flavor of the month driver.
Some driving iron for Links courses.

A hybrid to save my bad shots.
Titleist blades when I feel lucky otherwise something more forgiving.
A Vokey wedge or 2.
I hate every one of my 17 putters.

> @PorscheFan said:

> I went ahead and ordered a 17* hybrid, but I'm a little nervous.

> Golf Galaxy only had the 19* so I hit it against my Titleist 816 H2 19* and the Titleist was a full 20 yards longer. The reason was obvious... the F9 just launched way high for me with a lot more spin. The stock Atmos shaft felt much lighter than the one I'd previously hit.

> I ordered the 17 anyway with a heavier Aldila NV 2KXV Green. I didn't trade the 816 just in case...

The NV Green is an excellent hybrid shaft and is more low launch so that, combined with the lower loft, should bring it down. Also may want to check the actual lofts on both heads. Not always what it says. Shafts can help a lot, but nothing brings flight and spin down like lower loft.

I have a similar setup. I play a Titleist 818 H2 19 degree and a Cobra F7 hybrid at 23. I like having one hybrid with rails because you literally can hit it off anything, and I like the smaller head of the F7 vs the more recent models. I do not like the stock shaft in the F7 and am looking at others to replace it. Very fond of Mitsubishi shafts but also like the Fuji Atmos and Pro 2.0 lineup. Just have to get the right one. Atmos ranges from very high launch to very stout in the heavier Tour Spec options. Keep us posted. Always interesting how different combos can play so differently.

> @dmeeksDC said:

Always interesting how different combos can play so differently.

>

Nail on head, right there. I'm really hoping the NV Green (described as midl/low) along with the lower loft better represents the weapon I tested in Florida a few weeks ago. That club was a revelation and had a really nice penetrating flight.

Hoping to get it and the H2 on CG2 in a couple of weeks to assess. I'll certainly report the numbers back. I may also have the tip pulled from the 100g white board in my Titlest and try that in the F9 if testing warrants another approach.

> @Jagpilotohio said:

> > @provx said:

> > Has anyone ordered the tour length driver at 43.5 inches or so, how is it working out?

>

>

> I always have all my drivers at 43.5” including the F9. Swingweight is at D-2. Only one round and one range session so far. Pretty positive results but quite honestly I still prefer the sound, feel, and look of my LTD. I’m sure part of it is just familiarity after 3 years of the same driver. I suppose I should find a launch monitor to get some numbers but I’m a bit old fashioned about that. I either like a club or I dont. The ball flight and the distance on some of my favorite driving holes tell me most of what I want to know. The 2 heads with the same shafts (Grafalloy Blue and KKDCXT). seem to perform similarly for me.

Not for me since I can't hit this driver to save my life (3 "sessions" with it) but could you clarify the "Tour Length" for this driver ?

You quoted someone who indicated it was 43.5 and also have said it's "an inch shorter" which I believe would make it 44.5.

In another thread (G400MAx vs. F9) they're claiming this driver is as straight & forgiving as the G400MAX but I can't come anywhere near the dispersion/control/straightness of the MAX with this driver. I see excellent distance numbers but can't find ANY reasonably consistent control with it. ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

NX, I think in your situation, you have to resort to what Porsche references above: Match the two builds and settings as much as possible and take another look. If you want. It’s a bit of work, so you have to be willing to put in more time and effort. Sometimes I do think it’s worth it, most times I limit that to different hosel settings and trying another shaft. If I still don’t like it, it becomes a nice buy for someone else. But I’m busy these days and if I had the time, I’d happily buy all the tools and have fun messing around with club builds.

I have over the years discovered many new combos that I liked right away and there is a mid-mid tier I like to shoot for, but in the end you either hit it well or you don’t. I still have not even given the F9 driver a run, but the standard F9 3 wood is in the bag and has really wowed me in two rounds. You will see a lot of love on here for the Tour FW head, and it is a nice compact head and will cut spin. My thing is spin is something I think about in driver, but in 3 wood I am completely looking at how well and accurately can I hit it, primarily off the ground but also the tee. Control is everything or else this club becomes a score exploder in live action. I do tend toward smaller fairway heads, always loved the size of the Callaway X2Hot Pro heads. But to me the standard F9 is anything but large. It’s perfect to my eye. It launches tremendously well off the ground. Effortless. Heck, I bought it set at 14.5 and assumed I’d loft, but after multiple bombs right at the target in real conditions, I’m leaving it alone. Played with the same playing partner in both rounds. He’s already declared I should never sell it.

It is what got me looking at the driver. I am going to test drive it soon. I did not like the Fly Z Plus I previously owned, and I am in no hurry because recently grabbed a brand new LTD Black for $75. I have previously tested that driver and hammered it. I am keeping a second set of clubs down South these days, and that’s really the spot in play.