Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

Finally had enough time to tinker with the weights and set-up and got it dialed in now. Was carrying it on average almost 11 yards further than my G400 Max and with roll out was getting almost 14 more yards distance on average and dispersion (while not as good as my G400 Max) was still good.

I'm going to stick with it for now and see how it plays during some rounds.

Right now I have a 10.5 head set to 9.5 with 4g up front and 14g in the back with Atmos Blue TS 6S tipped an extra 1/2". Very anti-left and I can really go after it. My miss is a about a 10 yard block right. Right now I've been lining up left center and letting it eat with good results.

I am considering atmos TS blue extra stiff, but concerned that they only have the 7x....Noticed you are liking the stiff tipped 1/2 inch....What is your swing speed if you don't mind me asking. Also, what shafts have you played in the past?

Hummmmm. Odd.

Weird first range session with the F9. Using the Same shaft and swingweight set up as my trusty LTD, 9.5 draw, D1.5, 43.5”, I really struggled with the F9. Fought a weak blocky shove right. Even when it went straight it was a somewhat weak balloning trajectory compared to the LTD. I guess I’ll try another shaft or two next time and see if that helps. I have a KKDCXT and a GD tour AD Di sitting around.

I must admit, It really didn’t help that my left shoulder Is bothering me and it was 34 degrees, but I’m pretty bummed out....or rather surprised I guess. I fully expected to kill the thing.

Maybe the LTD and me are meant to grow old together. After 3 years I suppose I’m just “in tune” with it. The 917 D3 got sold, the Mizzy ST 180 got sold, the TS3 is about to get sold. The F9 May follow it after a little more testing. Maybe the LTD is supposed to be my life mate. LOLOLOLOL!!!

Don't give up on the F9....especially based on a day that was cold and your swing was not 100% . That OG Grafalloy Blue tipped the way you have it , is a beast.

Anything less than an all out aggressive swing , it's not going to behave. Save it

for warmer days. If I were you I would use the GD AD DI , with the heavy

weight rear position. I'll bet the softer mid section of the AD DI will

get that face squared up a impact . Your first session ball flight was

describing an open face , glancing blow , spinning , scenario...

you guys are killing me, finally get to hit this thing in the morning.....

I personally have only hit my F9 indoors on simulators. Its nice, feels great, but I'm not sold on it yet.

The G410+ also intrigued me this season. So I'm going to test both. Let's see if 1 of them overthrows my G LST.

I've a buddy who the F9 turned into a long drive, fairway finding monster. Be wants my F9 in the worst way.

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

Hummmmm. Odd.

Weird first range session with the F9. Using the Same shaft and swingweight set up as my trusty LTD, 9.5 draw, D1.5, 43.5”, I really struggled with the F9. Fought a weak blocky shove right. Even when it went straight it was a somewhat weak balloning trajectory compared to the LTD. I guess I’ll try another shaft or two next time and see if that helps. I have a KKDCXT and a GD tour AD Di sitting around.

I must admit, It really didn’t help that my left shoulder Is bothering me and it was 34 degrees, but I’m pretty bummed out....or rather surprised I guess. I fully expected to kill the thing.

Maybe the LTD and me are meant to grow old together. After 3 years I suppose I’m just “in tune” with it. The 917 D3 got sold, the Mizzy ST 180 got sold, the TS3 is about to get sold. The F9 May follow it after a little more testing. Maybe the LTD is supposed to be my life mate. LOLOLOLOL!!!

Don't give up on the F9....especially based on a day that was cold and your swing was not 100% . That OG Grafalloy Blue tipped the way you have it , is a beast.

Anything less than an all out aggressive swing , it's not going to behave. Save it

I’ve played the Grafalloy Blue for about 8 years so the shaft SHOULD work in any head for me, especially at the same head weight and same loft and lie angle. It’s anout as “fair” a comparison as I could possibly do.

The pushy blocky flight was not occurring with the LTD. 5 shots, switch heads, 5 shots, switch heads. I did this Multiple times over about an hour. Mix In A few mid irons and wedges just to change things up a bit, then back to the drivers.

I wasn’t hitting either great because of the shoulder but I was definitely hitting the LTD better. It wasn’t really even close.

Hummmmm. Odd.

I’ve played the Grafalloy Blue for about 8 years so the shaft SHOULD work in any head for me, especially at the same weight and same loft and lie angle.

The pushy blocky flight was not occurring with the LTD. 5 shots, switch heads, 5 shots, switch heads. I did this Multiple times over about an hour. Mix In A few mid irons and wedges just to change things up a bit, then back to the drivers.

I wasn’t hitting either great because of the shoulder but I was definitely hitting the LTD better. It wasn’t really even close.

Cut your daily post count in half & I'll bet that shoulder is healed in less than a week.

Ping G LST 9*
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

Hummmmm. Odd.

I’ve played the Grafalloy Blue for about 8 years so the shaft SHOULD work in any head for me, especially at the same weight and same loft and lie angle.

Cut your daily post count in half & I'll bet that shoulder is healed in less than a week.

LOL! I should actually probably double the post count and stay away from the range for a couple weeks. Hitting while it’s strained isn’t doing me any good. I know better. I’m just getting cabin fever with the crappy weather.

I just bought a F9 3 wood. I tested it against a G400, G410 and TS2. The F9 launched higher, carried further and had the tightest dispersion. Can't wait to get it on the course.

Driver: Cobra Aerojet
3 wood: Titleist TSR2

7 wood: Ping G430 max

Utility iron: Callaway Apex ut

4 Hybrid: Callaway Paradym
Irons: Titleist T100 5-pw 
Wedges: Vokey sm9 50*, 54*, 60*
Putters: TaylorMade Spider X

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

May post this in both threads but I figured I would start here since it’s mostly pro-F9. :)

Received an M5 a few days ago and was able to put it up against the F9 for 9 holes today. F9 in my signature (weight forward and standard setting) versus same loft M5 with weights in stock setting and my trusty OG Whiteboard 63x.

Good news - F9 was consistently longer, sometimes only by a yard or 2, a couple were ~5 yards and one was about 10 yards. Bad news - M5 was more accurate. Yeah, I was surprised too! Literally didn’t miss a fairway with the M5 including hitting multiple balls on pretty much every driver hole - it was damp and cold but that’s amazing for me. Straight or a little fall over fade which fits my eye perfectly. Unfortunately I hit a couple pulls with the F9 and a couple of those weird, spinny shots that seem to balloon but end up going about the normal distance if not a few yards short. I can’t recall really ever hitting that ball with any other driver before so I’m still not sure what that is. Hit a LOT of balls out of the center of both drivers today so I just don’t know how to explain it with the F9.

So far the F9 has been a little longer than everything else I’ve had in the bag or tested (2017 M2, G400 Max, and potentially M5) although I do have my 2016 M2 that I need to compare. However...I always seem to find my way back to TM in the driver spot. As incredible as the F9 feels, the M5 just has this really sweet muted sound with a lovely little crack at the end. M5 also just looks better to me; not that the F9 looks bad, it just wouldn’t be my first choice. This is entirely based on the view at address and the profile because I think the sole and rear-shaping with the Speedback setup is the best of 2019.

No conclusion yet but will continue testing. This thread is evidence of how good this driver is, and even though there’s been quite a few for sale on the BST, everyone in the market needs to make sure this is on their list to try.

I just bought a F9 3 wood. I tested it against a G400, G410 and TS2. The F9 launched higher, carried further and had the tightest dispersion. Can't wait to get it on the course.

Awesome, now please go test it against the epic 3 wood!

Ping G LST 9*
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

I was going to do it yesterday but the store was busy and I didn't want to clog up the hitting bay.

Driver: Cobra Aerojet
3 wood: Titleist TSR2

7 wood: Ping G430 max

Utility iron: Callaway Apex ut

4 Hybrid: Callaway Paradym
Irons: Titleist T100 5-pw 
Wedges: Vokey sm9 50*, 54*, 60*
Putters: TaylorMade Spider X

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

With all the talk with the driver, how many have tried out the F9 irons?

I sense this crowd won't like 'em but,,,,,,,,

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1739262-cobra-f9-irons/

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Love my F9 driver but nothing comes close to Epic Flash SZ in 3w. It’s a bomber of the deck and tee

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K Kai'li White 60x

3w: Epic Flash Hzrdus 70x

Hybrid: Cally Apex 19°

4i-Pw: Ping i200 PX 6.0

Wedges: SM9 50° / 54° / 58°

Putter: Cally Ten S

^^ I didn’t test the SZ but I got along so well with the standard epic flash in my testing, I immediately picked one up and couldn’t be happier. It far and away outperformed my g400 3w and my Rogue 3w. But now with all the positive reviews on the f9, I’m a little worried I may have jumped the gun on pulling the trigger so early. 🤔

This driver is fantastic, right in the bag to start this coming season. Unreal how ball speed maintained on low heel, which is my miss. The feel and sound are perfect, seem to have lucked out on shaft selection and weights.

46" Atmos Black 7s 10g front, 14g back.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

This driver is fantastic, right in the bag to start this coming season. Unreal how ball speed maintained on low heel, which is my miss. The feel and sound are perfect, seem to have lucked out on shaft selection and weights.

Wow what is the sw of that animal, man thats a heavy hammer. Your getting up there with Elk in the E range.

Love my F9 driver but nothing comes close to Epic Flash SZ in 3w. It's a bomber of the deck and tee

Just curious if you have tried the F9 Tour fairway. I don't own one yet but it was a low-spin bomber for me on the simulators.

Titleist TSR3 1w Ventus Red x

Titleist TSR2 3w 5w GD AD DIx

Titleist TSR2 4h 5h GD AD Dix

Titleist T100 6i-9i X100 Tour

Titleist SM09 Pw-Lw S400 Tour

Titleist Pro V1 White Hot OG5

I played my Epic with dual slider at 47" with the PO. 46 feels perfect.

I was surprised how good the shaft felt, thought I was spoiled on TenseI Pro.

My buddy felt the same, said it was unlikely he gets through the day without ordering one.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Agreed on all counts. The low misses still go. Sound and feel are amazing. I’m coming from g400 max and it was great; but this f9 is just the total package for my swing and the weight of it, with my Tensei blue and 14g in back is Goldilocks....not too heavy not too light just perfect.

Love my F9 driver but nothing comes close to Epic Flash SZ in 3w. It's a bomber of the deck and tee

Just curious if you have tried the F9 Tour fairway. I don't own one yet but it was a low-spin bomber for me on the simulators.

I have not. My previous gamer was a standard Rogue

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K Kai'li White 60x

3w: Epic Flash Hzrdus 70x

Hybrid: Cally Apex 19°

4i-Pw: Ping i200 PX 6.0

Wedges: SM9 50° / 54° / 58°

Putter: Cally Ten S

I've got a G410+ coming with tensei orange X. Wonder how that shaft is in the F9. I've hit the F9 with a Rip alpha red, matrix white, matrix reign black, veylix roughneck, & Hzrdus yellow. The feel of This driver is phenomenal. Doesn't seem to matter which shaft for feel. Distance, dispersion, & spin, I haven't quite found what works best yet. Going to try it with a kiyoshi white next.

Ping G LST 9*
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

The distance of my miss with the F9 is the distance of my centered shots with my last driver. The club is silly good. Also, doesn’t go left like my Honma, so I can just swing as hard as I want with only 1 WTF off the planet a round.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

Teeing this bad boy up with 3 1/4" tees with about 2 3/4 out of the ground and crazy high low spinning bombs. Just hope the swing holds up and I don't "sky mark" the crown with the ball teed so high. About 3 years ago started hovering and teeing it extra high with my Ping G LS and went away from it after taking all of last year off from golf. Went back to it today on the range and I swear I picked up another gear or 2. Worth the risk if I can get that distance and strait high low spinning bombs it produced today. Kinda learning all over again after a 1 yr layoff.

What swingweight does your F9 have?

Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
Tee CBX119 13, Tee EX10 Beta 18. Hzrdus Yellow
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 Black Oxide
Titleist -ProV1 balls

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1152161-linkerpans-wtib-2015-edition/"]WITB Link[/url]

What swingweight does your F9 have?

No clue, but at +3/4 and +8g, guessing has to be beyond D6.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

... I finally have my F9 completely dialed in. Experimenting with Atmos Blue, Rogue Black Tour 110, Even Flow Black and Even Flow Blue the last month and my best results have been with the stock Atmos Blue, 18gm weight rear in a 10.5* head set at 9.5* with the adaptor at -1.0 at 44.5". At 65 yrs old I am hitting the ball as far or farther than anytime in my life, thanks in part to the F9 driver and fairway wood.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour/2024 TP5x

F9 tour 3w with the atx tour green 75tx is a good good setup

Really like it. Not mine but it could go in my bag easy

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx