2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

My F9 is currently locked in a battle with my G400 Max

More accurate with my G400 Max, longer with my F9. I'm switching shafts on my F9 and if I can get similar accuracy to my G400 Max and keep the distance, I will put the F9 in play. Just can't justify switching with the 2-3 misses each round. My G400 Max with Tour AD is an automatic fairway finding machine.

I guess I got lucky, I ordered the F9 based on all the reviews only. I selected the shaft basically on the same premises. I had the same GD Design AD-DI6 in a stiff flex in my Taylor Made M2 and like you stated it is very accurate.

Based on you having the X-Flex I'm sure your swing speed is way faster than mine. I am 62 but in great physical shape, my swing speed hovers around 95 - 98 consistently. I went with a regular flex in the UST Helium and it is just as accurate as my GD AD DI-6. I am averaging 10 - 15 yards longer with the F9.

I have the F9 3/4 wood ordered with the Atmos Blue 6 in a regular flex as well, should be here later this week. I am also seriously considering selling my F8 Hybrids and ordering the F9's with regular flex.

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
PUTTERS - LAB MEZZ MAX Blue Head w/White Accra Shaft

LAB MEZZ MAX Red Head w/Black Accra Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

I have to say one more time what a frigging driver this F9 is. It took me over 2 months to get this thing to where I won't tweak it any longer. 7X black with loft locked at 8* draw setting (-1.0d) on the 9.0 head. Lamkin Wrap tech (fav grip) and this thing maybe has a 2-5 yard draw but 90% dead strait with super low spin. Just had to give this one more shout out and for those that don't feel the love the first time or two play around with different shafts lofts etc... once dialed in maybe the best driver I've ever hit. The feel oh my.... 14g in the back 2g up front and beautiful 13 degree launch or so almost every time.... Time for me to leave this thread and move on but wanted to give one last SHOUT OUTto a great driver!

I tested the following shafts and the winner for me was the Speeder 661:

PX Evenflo 5.5

HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 60 stiff

Atmos Tour Spec Blue 60 stiff

Speeder Evo 661 stiff

The rest are available if anyone is interested!

TSi2 9° HZ Gen4 Black | TSi2 15° HZ Gen4 Black | Ts2 19° & 25* HZ Smoke Black 

T-200 6-48° | SM9 56° 60° S300

Odyssey 7 Bird or Toulon Garage Memphis

I hit the F9 today with multiple shafts during a fitting. Really solid club. Looked better than the F8 in my opinion, felt very solid and sounded great. For whatever reason the head kept producing too much spin for me. I wanted to like it but it just didn’t work for me.

Put the Accra TZ5 in it, I had the same problem but this combo is a rocket launcher

Lets have some fun here this evening fellas....I have been around here for a while now and don't think I have ever asked this type of question.

I am going to get a f9 to compare against some other nonsense I have sitting here in front of me, and I am going to buy it on the fly with no demo.

On an average day, I have a ball speed around 160, and a swing speed around 106 when swinging smoothly.....I would say I have a slightly hard transition.

Shafts I am considering...Atmos TS blue X......Atmos TS Black x (probably more than I want to take on)…….Smoke 6.0 Stiff......Smoke 6.0 X stiff.....

What say you.....

For me, 102-105 SS with a smooth transition I put the Atmos Black 70g in the tour length and it is a great combo for me. I have always liked heavier shafts in my clubs. I was not a fan of the Smoke, but that is just me.

Ping G425 
Ping G410
XR 16 3 and 4 Hybrid
Titleist T300 w/MMT 125s
SeeMore Putter
Vokey Wedges

Dang!!!!!! I just got notified I won’t have my driver and 3 wood until early April. The good news is the weights are in per rep I talked to from cobra.

I ordered the tour length driver in the avalanche and same for 3 wood. Back ordered until 3/24 for shafts. I ordered the PO 60tx and 70tx. Delay is for the shafts from Mitsubishi. Cobras system said 3/24 but would be couple days after that before they shipped. Guess I’ll wait patiently a bit longer. Sigh*

Just wanted to update to help anyone else they may have ordered the PO as up charge.

Lets have some fun here this evening fellas....I have been around here for a while now and don't think I have ever asked this type of question.

I am going to get a f9 to compare against some other nonsense I have sitting here in front of me, and I am going to buy it on the fly with no demo.

On an average day, I have a ball speed around 160, and a swing speed around 106 when swinging smoothly.....I would say I have a slightly hard transition.

Shafts I am considering...Atmos TS blue X......Atmos TS Black x (probably more than I want to take on)…….Smoke 6.0 Stiff......Smoke 6.0 X stiff.....

What say you.....

I'm 102ss with 154 bs and the S in Atmos or Smoke just wasn't enough as they spun upwards to 3K. Black 7X and 9 degree head lowered was magic. I'm pretty aggressive downswing w pretty quick tempo,,, okay fast... Can't comment on the Blue 7X but just my educated guess but I'd go 7X with what you describe as it sounds were probably not far off. 5 years ago at 45 I was 107ss 160bs. PS. I don't have any issues hitting any combo high...The delofting and X was the magic ticket for me... Good luck.

Ok, I posted previously that the F9 with Atmos Black 6x gave me the best numbers of all the manufacturer's at a demo day this past Saturday in Jupiter, FL. It dropped my spin by about 400 rpms while at the same time increasing my launch by a degree and a half and adding 2-3 mph in ball speed over my Ping GMax. I love my GMax though and have been playing very well with it but I know I'm leaving some yardage on the table due to more spin than is ideal, even with a digitally lofted 9 degree head.

Anyway, I went over to Moon Golf (the retailer that ran the demo day) for a second fitting to see if the combo that worked best on Saturday would still be the best fit. The fitter there told me that he'd of course set me up in the Cobra but that he wanted me to try several other offerings to be sure we weren't overlooking anything. Anyway, long story short, I hit 5 shots with the Cobra F9 Atmos 6x and my numbers were perfect and almost identical to outdoors over the weekend. Spin was around 2400, launch around 13, ball speed at 156 and smash factor right around 1.5. The only negative is that my club head speed/ball speed keeps going down compared previous years but at 51 YOA that's probably to be expected black%20eye.gif . Not that long ago I remember 160 ball speeds and going back further even 170+mph at my strongest. Oh well!

Anyway, after trading in a bunch of stuff that's been rattling around in my trunk (that I could have gotten twice as much for if I sold it on the BST), I walked out with a new F9 in Avalanche White with the Atmos Black 6X shaft for $46. I'm playing Admiral's Cove tomorrow so should be a good test run for the new big stick. Will report back...

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

I hit the F9 today with multiple shafts during a fitting. Really solid club. Looked better than the F8 in my opinion, felt very solid and sounded great. For whatever reason the head kept producing too much spin for me. I wanted to like it but it just didnt work for me.

Put the Accra TZ5 in it, I had the same problem but this combo is a rocket launcher

I have the Accra TZ5 and deciding on the head. What were your pre Accra numbers in the F9? What’s your SS?

I want the F9 and am hoping for the same thing. I have the TZ5 M5 75.

Ok, I posted previously that the F9 with Atmos Black 6x gave me the best numbers of all the manufacturer's at a demo day this past Saturday in Jupiter, FL. It dropped my spin by about 400 rpms while at the same time increasing my launch by a degree and a half and adding 2-3 mph in ball speed over my Ping GMax. I love my GMax though and have been playing very well with it but I know I'm leaving some yardage on the table due to more spin than is ideal, even with a digitally lofted 9 degree head.

Anyway, I went over to Moon Golf (the retailer that ran the demo day) for a second fitting to see if the combo that worked best on Saturday would still be the best fit. The fitter there told me that he'd of course set me up in the Cobra but that he wanted me to try several other offerings to be sure we weren't overlooking anything. Anyway, long story short, I hit 5 shots with the Cobra F9 Atmos 6x and my numbers were perfect and almost identical to outdoors over the weekend. Spin was around 2400, launch around 13, ball speed at 156 and smash factor right around 1.5. The only negative is that my club head speed/ball speed keeps going down compared previous years but at 51 YOA that's probably to be expected black%20eye.gif . Not that long ago I remember 160 ball speeds and going back further even 170+mph at my strongest. Oh well!

Anyway, after trading in a bunch of stuff that's been rattling around in my trunk (that I could have gotten twice as much for if I sold it on the BST), I walked out with a new F9 in Avalanche White with the Atmos Black 6X shaft for $46. I'm playing Admiral's Cove tomorrow so should be a good test run for the new big stick. Will report back...

That's awesome. Weight forward or back?

That was weight back! It'd likely knock spin down more with the weight forward, but I'm going to try it on the course like this first

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

That was weight back! It'd likely knock spin down more with the weight forward, but I'm going to try it on the course like this first

Could have gotten my tour head!?

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

pm me if available

pm me if available

It was sold last week.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

Just hit the driver. Not sure about it yet. Feel is muted. Gotta admit it looks a little shallower faced than I'd like but it was a good showing. 9 deg turned down to 8, heavy weight front, Atmos Black 6x And was getting 156-158 ball speeds, launch 15 deg, but still like 2900 spin average of about 30 swings.

Obviously I can work on my path but it's spinning a bit more than I'd like and I don't usually go up to the 70g weight class.

What's your club head speed? I have similar ball speed numbers and slightly lower launch angle (14.2) but was in the Atmos Black 7X. Just had my shop order the Atmos Black 6X and the Smoke. Have a feeling one of those 2 shafts will work a little better.

High 100s, but on GC2 today pretty sure calculated and only measuring ball flight. On TM usually 107-108. Averaged 110 at a fitting for M1 440 2 years ago and that's pretty much my max. Wouldn't be swinging harder on a course.

I could definely work on my path to bring my spin down.

The 6.0 smoke was spinning over 3000 for me. Felt less predictable than the Atmos 6x and they didn't have a 6.5 to try apples to apples. A couple with the smoke were bombed but dispersion was left/right/left/right. Atmos kept me left of midline pretty consistently.

That's how I felt with the Blue in 6s. Hit a few bombs, but kept losing it right for me (lefty). I have the Black in 6.5 in my 3W so anxious to see how the Smoke in 6.5 compares. Really need to find a shaft that turns this driver into a fairway finder.

Just demoed this in Smoke 60 6.0 and Atmos 6S. Smoke was much better performing and more consistent.

just purchased my F9 Speedback Driver! 8*+ Avalanche

playing with my 65g Kuro Kage XT that was on my King LTD Pro, couldn't believe the gains this thing had over my LTD pro....

Ball speed numbers were increased by 5 MPH than usual, with the weight forward, I was able to get a personal long... and it was so much more forgiving than the LTD for me personally.

Ball speed: 165.4

Distance: 295 YDS

Total Distance: 328 YDS

Back Spin: 1933 RPMS

Side Spin: -64 RPM

this might be the best driver for value on the market right now. The fact that its $150 CDN cheaper than the other offerings is HUGE.

Those are great numbers bro.... Can't wait for the season to start.... Can't get here fast enough.

Quick question to anyone who has downloaded the cobra connect app. Have any of you been able to select the F9 as your driver? The only options that it gives me is for the F8, even after I scan the sensor for my F9.

not available yet. I guess across has to update their software. I just plugged in F8 and moved on.

That's what I did. Thanks!

Cobra informed me yesterday that a Tour F9 driver I ordered a week ago after a customer fit will be shipped April 3/19. This is in Canada.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

playing with my 65g Kuro Kage XT that was on my King LTD Pro, couldn't believe the gains this thing had over my LTD pro....

Ball speed numbers were increased by 5 MPH than usual, with the weight forward, I was able to get a personal long... and it was so much more forgiving than the LTD for me personally.

this might be the best driver for value on the market right now. The fact that its $150 CDN cheaper than the other offerings is HUGE.

I can’t get these numbers to work out on FlightScope. What is your altitude and what was launch angle?

PXG Black Ops Tour driver 

PXG g5 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade Qi10 5 wood

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade MG4 46/52/58wedges

Bettinardi BB1 putter

Cobra informed me yesterday that a Tour F9 driver I ordered a week ago after a customer fit will be shipped April 3/19. This is in Canada.

... You would know better than most, but doesn't Cobra usually under promise and over deliver? That has been my experience ordering with them. Not that you will need it before April 3rd in Bob and Doug country. :(

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

I can't get these numbers to work out on FlightScope. What is your altitude and what was launch angle?

That's gotta be a foresight.

Just wanted to jump in here... I've been researching the 2019 offerings as far as drivers go. I went with the 9* with fujikura atmos 7x. It came yesterday and for the life of me I could not get the head and shaft separated. I brought it into my local GG to have them give it a go to separate it but they got nowhere either. It looks like they're going to be sending it back to and getting a new one shipped out... long story short I just wanted to know if anyone has had any problems with head and adapter being stuck with the cobra my fly adapter? Not a big deal as it's in the 20's and still snow covered outside but a little bit of a bummer.

Driver -  Callaway Paradym 🔷🔷🔷 9 degree with GD UB 6S

3 Wood- Cobra F9 with Fujikura Atmos blue 5S

5 Wood - Cobra F9 with Fujikura Atmos blue 5S
Hybrid - Cobra F9 22 degree Fujikura Atmos blue 5S
5 & 6 Irons - Srixon Z545
7 - PW - Srixon Z745
Wedges - Bridgestone J15 50* and 54* and Callaway PM grind 58* and 64*
Putter - LAB Golf mezz max broomstick, LAB Golf DF 2.1 armlock, LAB golf 2.1 standard length 

Just wanted to jump in here... I've been researching the 2019 offerings as far as drivers go. I went with the 9* with fujikura atmos 7x. It came yesterday and for the life of me I could not get the head and shaft separated. I brought it into my local GG to have them give it a go to separate it but they got nowhere either. It looks like they're going to be sending it back to and getting a new one shipped out... long story short I just wanted to know if anyone has had any problems with head and adapter being stuck with the cobra my fly adapter? Not a big deal as it's in the 20's and still snow covered outside but a little bit of a bummer.

not me personally as I've owned two but while first demo this in Fairfax VA at a GG the assistant in one of their demo heads had to use some elbow grease to pop the head off a shaft and onto another.

Got mine last week, had a little bit of glue residue on the adaptor that made taking the head off slightly difficult...used some Goo Gone and took it right off, works like a charm now...Also Lets go Mountaineers!