Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

How long did it take for you to get yours? If you don’t mind me asking. I ordered the tour length driver and fairway 3 weeks ago,and Cobra told me first of April. I also got the PO in both,and Cobra said back order was for shaft.

I placed an order for a Tour Length 9* White driver at the start of February and mine is supposedly going to ship on March 10th.

4 week back order my friend....

I placed my order with DD's on monday... just received notice of shipping via

FedEx....only 1 week for order to delivery....

Tour length?

Has anyone went with the 10.5* model and if so was the face closed or more neutral. My miss is left.

I have one in tour length. No issues for me. Looks square as anything

I have the standard F9 in 10.5* and it looks square to me.

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT 
PUTTER -   PXG One and Done w/Super Stroke 5.0
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

Has anyone went with the 10.5* model and if so was the face closed or more neutral. My miss is left.

Square here too.

Even put in 10.5D messing around and it still didn’t look closed.

Stealth Plus 9*  Ventus Blue Velocore 6X
Callaway epic flash 15* 2KXV Blue 7X
Callaway UW 19* Trono 75X
Miura MB001 4-PW KBS Tour X +1/2"
RTX Zipcore raw 52/56 mid

Vokey 60* M Grind
Bettinardi BB8W 

How long did it take for you to get yours? If you don’t mind me asking. I ordered the tour length driver and fairway 3 weeks ago,and Cobra told me first of April. I also got the PO in both,and Cobra said back order was for shaft.

I placed an order for a Tour Length 9* White driver at the start of February and mine is supposedly going to ship on March 10th.

Tour length?

I ordered at 45" play length . With a shaft that might need a 1/2" tipping . I will

do the cut down to 44.5" myself . And do testing with lead tape to determine where,

and how much hot melt to add , for head weighting. I knew going this route I would

avoid the back order, of the popular "tour length"...And in the end, a better fit...

I ordered at 45" play length . With a shaft that might need a 1/2" tipping . I will

do the cut down to 44.5" myself . And do testing with lead tape to determine where,

and how much hot melt to add , for head weighting. I knew going this route I would

avoid the back order, of the popular "tour length"...And in the end, a better fit...

probably would've been easier to just answer "no" lol...

My Tour is at D4, but I had them correct for the weight first then add the two 16 gram weights. My Frankenstein is the right kind of heavy.
If it is still 44.5” Your tour length is far, far heavier than D-4 if you have two 16’s in it. That’s 8 grams over the standard tour length weighting. It has to be 5 or 6 points higher than D-4. It has to be Flirting with E-0.
My tour came in at 44 not 44.5 directly from Cobra, we also removed the Cobra Connect grip.
Ah. I see. So it’s not actually “Tour length” anymore. I just loaded mine up with lead tape to take it to the range today. “Rickie length”. 43.5” and D 1.5 for me.

How much weight/what does the final head weight end up being to get the 43.5" to D1.5? I have been playing my driver at that length for a few years (and love it) but I just add tape or change weights until it feels "right" and never had the swing weight actually measured. Currently have the f8+ on an ad tp 7x and may look at getting the f9 head and switching them out to compare.

43.5” and D1.5 the Head is 208 grams with a non-counterbalanced 63 gram shaft and a standard grip.

For the F9 does dialing it down from 10.5 to 9.5 open the face at all? Or not the case with Cobra drivers?

Not sure if they are still using that SmartPad or whatever they called it previously that is supposed to keep the face angle square on any loft. I have my 10.5 set to 9.5 and it looks just slightly open to my eye.

Tour length?

My special order took 4 days (shorter than tour).

For the F9 does dialing it down from 10.5 to 9.5 open the face at all? Or not the case with Cobra drivers?

I have mine set -1 at 9.5 draw and it still seems pretty square.

I have mine dialed down to 9.5 normal and it sits flat and a bit open.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

So any idea how long the backorder is on the standard length 9 degree white?

Titleist TSi3 8*, Tensei AV White 65X

Cobra Big Tour 3W, Project X HZRDUS RDX Blue 70X

Ping G425 19* 3H, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85X

Taylormade UDI 3i, Diamana Thump 100X

Taylormade p790 5-AW, C-Taper 130X

Titleist Vokey SM7 52* 10S bent to 53

Titleist Vokey SM7 56* 8M bent to 57

Titleist Vokey SM7 60* 12D

Well experimented and put an 18g up front w 2g in the back definitely different sound/feel from the 2g front 14g back the 18g up front is a little more harsh but flight did drop but spin even more down .distance definitely up but will have to see on course if as accurate. Definitely longer but might sacrifice some accuracy for that additional 5 yards.....we will see. Scared the added weight might affect impact pattern but actually stayed pretty much the same as before. Interesting .be glad when the weather finally turns and we can actually start playing golf

Well experimented and put an 18g up front w 2g in the back definitely different sound/feel from the 2g front 14g back the 18g up front is a little more harsh but flight did drop but spin even more down .distance definitely up but will have to see on course if as accurate. Definitely longer but might sacrifice some accuracy for that additional 5 yards.....we will see. Scared the added weight might affect impact pattern but actually stayed pretty much the same as before. Interesting .be glad when the weather finally turns and we can actually start playing golf

I hit the F9 today and enjoyed hitting it. No better than my current setup, but I liked it. My miss is low heel and the F9 seems to cope well with those.

Switched the 14g front and it was a different story. I was expecting a flight/spin change but for me it amplified bad strikes considerably. I was pretty surprised.

The shocker for me was the hybrid. I hit one for no other reason than I was bored of hitting driver. I hit the 2H with a 75G stiff shaft and it was a revelation. Even bad strikes had great results. Man, is that a great club.

I hit the F9 today and enjoyed hitting it. No better than my current setup, but I liked it. My miss is low heel and the F9 seems to cope well with those.

Switched the 14g front and it was a different story. I was expecting a flight/spin change but for me it amplified bad strikes considerably. I was pretty surprised.

The shocker for me was the hybrid. I hit one for no other reason than I was bored of hitting driver. I hit the 2H with a 75G stiff shaft and it was a revelation. Even bad strikes had great results. Man, is that a great club.

I’ve never ever hit a hybrid better than the F9. With the rails on the bottom it’s so easy... an no left miss!

Callaway AI Smoke Max 10.5* Diamana GT 60 S
Callaway AI Smoke Max 5W Tensei Blue 65 S

Ping G430 4H RDX Red 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-GW Modus 105S (bent 2* weak)
Callaway Jaws Raw 54* & 58*
Odyssey 5K #7 34”

i’m... annoyed(?) that the f8 and f9 haven’t had the adjustability in the hybrids like the f7s but I guess it has saved me the cost of upgrading my two hybrids. maybe when the milled face comes around in the f10 i’ll do it. I dunno. I like being able to fine tune my gapping, as I have neither my 3 nor 4 set on “standard”

My Tour is at D4, but I had them correct for the weight first then add the two 16 gram weights. My Frankenstein is the right kind of heavy.

If it is still 44.5” Your tour length is far, far heavier than D-4 if you have two 16’s in it. That’s 8 grams over the standard tour length weighting.

It has to be 5 or 6 points higher than D-4. It has to be Flirting with E-0.

I'm a big fan of D8

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

Hummmmm. Odd.

Weird first range session with the F9. Using the Same shaft and swingweight set up as my trusty LTD, 9.5 draw, D1.5, 43.5”, I really struggled with the F9. Fought a weak blocky shove right. Even when it went straight it was a somewhat weak balloning trajectory compared to the LTD. I guess I’ll try another shaft or two next time and see if that helps. I have a KKDCXT and a GD tour AD Di sitting around.

I must admit, It really didn’t help that my left shoulder Is bothering me and it was 34 degrees, but I’m pretty bummed out....or rather surprised I guess. I fully expected to kill the thing.

Maybe the LTD and me are meant to grow old together. After 3 years I suppose I’m just “in tune” with it. The 917 D3 got sold, the Mizzy ST 180 got sold, the TS3 is about to get sold. The F9 May follow it after a little more testing. Maybe the LTD is supposed to be my life mate. LOLOLOLOL!!!

The short experience with the 18G forward is over. Some really long bombs but to many weird ball flights as this thing is just to unstable for me with that weight up front. Moved back to 2g forward and 14g back. The good thing that came from messing around again was dropped loft to the bottom 7.5. Hit 5 balls within a 10 yard circle and trajectory still launching 13-14 and guessing picked up a little more ball speed but this was just a visual test in the damp fog of my back yard. The thing that I suppose I liked the best it opened up the face to (guessing) 2* open which I really like. Weather about to break and heading to Vegas, Phoenix, Tucson for the week and going to pack the clubs to finally get out and hit in some warm weather on a real course next week.

Hummmmm. Odd.

Weird first range session with the F9. Using the Same shaft and swingweight set up as my trusty LTD, 9.5 draw, D1.5, 43.5”, I really struggled with the F9. Fought a weak blocky shove right. Even when it went straight it was a somewhat weak balloning trajectory compared to the LTD. I guess I’ll try another shaft or two next time and see if that helps. I have a KKDCXT and a GD tour AD Di sitting around.

I must admit, It really didn’t help that my left shoulder Is bothering me and it was 34 degrees, but I’m pretty bummed out....or rather surprised I guess. I fully expected to kill the thing.

Maybe the LTD and me are meant to grow old together. After 3 years I suppose I’m just “in tune” with it. The 917 D3 got sold, the Mizzy ST 180 got sold, the TS3 is about to get sold. The F9 May follow it after a little more testing. Maybe the LTD is supposed to be my life mate. LOLOLOLOL!!!

Did you mess around with the settings any on the face/loft?

Hummmmm. Odd.

Did you mess around with the settings any on the face/loft?

No. I play a ribbed grip so I just set it exactly as I had it in my LTD. If I move the loft the rib ends up in an annoying place.

The height really wasnt an issue. I’ll goof with it more on a warmer day.

The short experience with the 18G forward is over. Some really long bombs but to many weird ball flights as this thing is just to unstable for me with that weight up front. Moved back to 2g forward and 14g back. The good thing that came from messing around again was dropped loft to the bottom 7.5. Hit 5 balls within a 10 yard circle and trajectory still launching 13-14 and guessing picked up a little more ball speed but this was just a visual test in the damp fog of my back yard. The thing that I suppose I liked the best it opened up the face to (guessing) 2* open which I really like. Weather about to break and heading to Vegas, Phoenix, Tucson for the week and going to pack the clubs to finally get out and hit in some warm weather on a real course next week.

I too had this happen when swapping the weights.

With the weight up front it felt hollow and just plain awful. Never knew moving weights around would change feel that much.

I’m gonna give it 1 more go with the weights forward and see how it goes.

CP

Stealth Plus 9*  Ventus Blue Velocore 6X
Callaway epic flash 15* 2KXV Blue 7X
Callaway UW 19* Trono 75X
Miura MB001 4-PW KBS Tour X +1/2"
RTX Zipcore raw 52/56 mid

Vokey 60* M Grind
Bettinardi BB8W 

With the weight up front it felt hollow and just plain awful. Never knew moving weights around would change feel that much.

CP

I agree but didn't find the feel awful just to harsh for me. Coming from Ping the last 7-8 years I guess I'm just a weight low and back kinda guy, I've never really liked gaming that weight forward super long drive but value the feel and 'forgiveness' of the low/back high cg. Maybe I'll move it forward during the Captain's Choice events where nothing matters but distance :) Good luck

CP

Yeah it really changes the feel of the head and sound, all the m series and o.g. epic sz are the same they get extremely harsh with the weight forward. I just go down .5 or 1degree in loft with weights back and it improves the feel.

Anyone experienced the drop off in ball speed on high toe strikes like what Mark Crossfield was saying? I haven’t hit mine on a simulator yet, but last weekend on course I hit one out of the toe and the ball looked slower than my center strikes. However the cart GPS indicated that I didn’t really lose much yardage compared to good strikes (and it still found the fairway).

Finally had enough time to tinker with the weights and set-up and got it dialed in now. Was carrying it on average almost 11 yards further than my G400 Max and with roll out was getting almost 14 more yards distance on average and dispersion (while not as good as my G400 Max) was still good.

I'm going to stick with it for now and see how it plays during some rounds.

Right now I have a 10.5 head set to 9.5 with 4g up front and 14g in the back with Atmos Blue TS 6S tipped an extra 1/2". Very anti-left and I can really go after it. My miss is a about a 10 yard block right. Right now I've been lining up left center and letting it eat with good results.

AI Smoke Triple Diamond 

HiBore 2w “Unicorn”

G410 3w & 3h

Currently testing the rest 🙂 

Hummmmm. Odd.

For reference I was playing my Epic SZ for a couple of years until I cracked it a week or so ago. Got a replacement Epic Flash SZ, and was hitting the ball immediately better than the OG Epic SZ. Stuck my same old shaft in it too, same neutral setting too.

Moral of my story is if it doesn't beat out the old club immediately, then most likely it won't be better in the long run either (unless the setting was way off). The reason why the new Epic Flash is better for me is because the face is way hotter on mishits and much lower spin. I feel like I am getting lower spin with standard heavy sliding weight back vs. OG Epic SZ where i had to move the heavy weight forward (making it less forgiving). So overall, the Epic Flash SZ is a huge upgrade over the Epic SZ for me. In your case it sounds like the F9 is not an upgrade over your LTD for you.

But at the same time I got some 70-80* weather here as well. You should wait for some warmer weather to see if the F9 does better.