Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

I'm sure many have already watched Crossfield's video comparing the EFSZ and the F9 and I'm curious as to whether anyone on here is seeing poor results from the high toe area.

So, I had a problem getting Crossfield's swing speed data and that is a critical missing piece to his assessment of F9 poor performance on toe strikes. Anyway...

Basically, he culls out one "toe strike" as having poor performance, compares it to the Flash which has a "farther out" toe strike and makes the determination that the F9 has a toe strike problem and effectively Flash doesn't. Using his own definition of far out toe strikes, several of the other F9 results have strikes even farther out on the toe and have better performance than the one he chose. Interestingly, the one he chose has the lowest ball speed. Maybe it's in part due to a slower swing speed resulting in a slower ball speed.

Looking further at the F9 data, one might expect an F9 strike that is 13mm toe | 7 high (2nd from top) to be worse than the one he selected (1st) which was 1m toe | 8mm high. But not so, the strike that was farther out carried 262 and the one closer to "center" carried 245. Counter indicative to the point he's trying to make: the farther out on the toe the worse the results should have been for the F9 (all things being equal) but they weren't.

Going back to the Flash toe strike he selected and the 2nd (and worst) F9 toe strike, the F9 toe strike is much farther out on the toe than the Flash's but the carry differences are roughly the same 264 Flash and 262 F9. The "theory" is panning out.

Maybe there is machine error in measuring impact location... maybe he's trying to read too much into the data. Of course, it was hard to read his data output (blurry, only quick glimpses, and missing swing speed for his output) so if someone sees it differently please let me know.

I thought the same watching the video - at the time I thought it was either a machine reading error or a ball issue - the poor result he focused on is not consistent with the other data he collected -

Can you really trust a channel where the main guy is on Titleist's payroll, and another on Callaway's?

I've pretty much cut out MC completely. His club reviews are meh, his vlogs are also meh and he's a bitter in nature at times. There's other channels who do everything he does, but much better.

I could not agree more about MC. His channel and videos are so bad now. Feel like 90% is him blubbering on and on about some BS that I could not give a rats arse about. Not sure why everyone gives RS so much crap but I MUCH prefer his videos to MC - he presents the info and does a pretty good job.

I finally had the chance to hit mine. Tried the veylix roughneck, matrix reign black, & Hzrdus HC yellow. Man the feel of

This driver is phenomenal. Distance is nice, nothing jaw dropping. But it's EASY distance, no work needed. Also easy to control. All 3 shafts were great paired in this head. Probably go with the Hzrdus as my gamer. However testing is not over. I'm not convinced yet it will take over my beloved G LST spot yet.

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

I finally had the chance to hit mine. Tried the veylix roughneck, matrix reign black, & Hzrdus HC yellow. Man the feel of

This driver is phenomenal. Distance is nice, nothing jaw dropping. But it's EASY distance, no work needed. Also easy to control. All 3 shafts were great paired in this head. Probably go with the Hzrdus as my gamer. However testing is not over. I'm not convinced yet it will take over my beloved G LST spot yet.

I hit the Flash, M6, GMax. The cobra is better for me so far. However I also have my eye on the G410+

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

I could not agree more about MC. His channel and videos are so bad now. Feel like 90% is him blubbering on and on about some BS that I could not give a rats arse about. Not sure why everyone gives RS so much crap but I MUCH prefer his videos to MC - he presents the info and does a pretty good job.

RS has a better demeanor but 100% of his videos are now click bait titles. Sounds like somebody from the National Enquirer is writing the video titles now. As a person not looking to deal with BS, I do not approve.

Was struggling to find a "decent" local fitter. Hit a few of the new offerings versus my 917D3 (Diamana white S). Was not having a good swing day to get reliable data, but was still motivated, given all the positive press, plus the limited data I saw on testing, to go ahead and purchase.

I am in the UK. Here the "Tour Length" version is not available off the shelf. But, knowing I wanted to try a shorter driver (I'm 5'6" so made some sense).

So ordered online an F9 with 18g and 6g weights at 44.5" with a TS Blue 6S shaft.

Have had some mixed results:

If hit on the button, I am not sure I am getting the full potential on distance I was seeing on my 917. But, feel that dispersion is more controlled.

I have got a ES14 launch monitor, which while I accept is not going to be truly accurate, it does indicate that it is a little more work to get swing speed up on the F9. (I am typically around 103-105mph on driver and 90mph on 7-iron, so have always felt like I didn't optimise driver swing speed...another reason to try a slightly shorter shaft)

The club does feel somewhat "heavy". So I may see if I can get hold of the other head weights to play around with options. Also wondering how they reduced the length as feels slightly harder to work than I was expecting.

Have played 2.5 rounds with it.

First 9, I couldn't hit it anything other than straight. Not overly long but everything was 270 ish, down the middle, apart from one drive that caught the light rough.

next 2x 18 holes. Swing didn't feel as tight as the first test, but all in play, all be it reduced distance and a few in the trees. Was hitting a little towards the heel, which is my usual miss.

So, still making my mind up at this point. My fault for not getting fully fitted I know. Not sure I am going to get those occasional bombs out there that I did last season with the 917, but think I will be in the fairway more often.

I'm sure many have already watched Crossfield's video comparing the EFSZ and the F9 and I'm curious as to whether anyone on here is seeing poor results from the high toe area.

So, I had a problem getting Crossfield's swing speed data and that is a critical missing piece to his assessment of F9 poor performance on toe strikes. Anyway...

Basically, he culls out one "toe strike" as having poor performance, compares it to the Flash which has a "farther out" toe strike and makes the determination that the F9 has a toe strike problem and effectively Flash doesn't. Using his own definition of far out toe strikes, several of the other F9 results have strikes even farther out on the toe and have better performance than the one he chose. Interestingly, the one he chose has the lowest ball speed. Maybe it's in part due to a slower swing speed resulting in a slower ball speed.

Looking further at the F9 data, one might expect an F9 strike that is 13mm toe | 7 high (2nd from top) to be worse than the one he selected (1st) which was 1m toe | 8mm high. But not so, the strike that was farther out carried 262 and the one closer to "center" carried 245. Counter indicative to the point he's trying to make: the farther out on the toe the worse the results should have been for the F9 (all things being equal) but they weren't.

Going back to the Flash toe strike he selected and the 2nd (and worst) F9 toe strike, the F9 toe strike is much farther out on the toe than the Flash's but the carry differences are roughly the same 264 Flash and 262 F9. The "theory" is panning out.

Maybe there is machine error in measuring impact location... maybe he's trying to read too much into the data. Of course, it was hard to read his data output (blurry, only quick glimpses, and missing swing speed for his output) so if someone sees it differently please let me know.

to add to this.... Lockey is a Cally guy so not really surprised here

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K Kai'li White 60x

3w: Epic Flash Hzrdus 70x

Hybrid: Cally Apex 19°

4i-Pw: Ping i200 PX 6.0

Wedges: SM9 50° / 54° / 58°

Putter: Cally Ten S

I have this driver in yellow 9* with a HZRDUS yellow shaft and it is beast mode son! Ya it has a busy crown but other that Titleist, who doesn't have craziness going on? Test it and let the performance change your mind. Once you get past all bells and whistles on the head, this is a solid driver!

Qi10 LS 9* Ventus Black 6-S

Stealth2 Tour Issue 16.5* Hzrdus Yellow SB 6.0/70g

Stealth 18* Hzrdus Yellow SB 6.0/70g

TM Stealth2 Tour Issue Hybrid 22* Kuro 80x

Srixon MKii ZX5 5-GW Onyx DG AMT White S300

Cleveland RTX6 Black 54/58 Onyx DG X100

TM Spider GT Black on Black 33.5"

Was struggling to find a "decent" local fitter. Hit a few of the new offerings versus my 917D3 (Diamana white S). Was not having a good swing day to get reliable data, but was still motivated, given all the positive press, plus the limited data I saw on testing, to go ahead and purchase.

I am in the UK. Here the "Tour Length" version is not available off the shelf. But, knowing I wanted to try a shorter driver (I'm 5'6" so made some sense).

So ordered online an F9 with 18g and 6g weights at 44.5" with a TS Blue 6S shaft.

Have had some mixed results:

If hit on the button, I am not sure I am getting the full potential on distance I was seeing on my 917. But, feel that dispersion is more controlled.

I have got a ES14 launch monitor, which while I accept is not going to be truly accurate, it does indicate that it is a little more work to get swing speed up on the F9. (I am typically around 103-105mph on driver and 90mph on 7-iron, so have always felt like I didn't optimise driver swing speed...another reason to try a slightly shorter shaft)

The club does feel somewhat "heavy". So I may see if I can get hold of the other head weights to play around with options. Also wondering how they reduced the length as feels slightly harder to work than I was expecting.

Have played 2.5 rounds with it.

First 9, I couldn't hit it anything other than straight. Not overly long but everything was 270 ish, down the middle, apart from one drive that caught the light rough.

next 2x 18 holes. Swing didn't feel as tight as the first test, but all in play, all be it reduced distance and a few in the trees. Was hitting a little towards the heel, which is my usual miss.

So, still making my mind up at this point. My fault for not getting fully fitted I know. Not sure I am going to get those occasional bombs out there that I did last season with the 917, but think I will be in the fairway more often.

I don't know whereabouts in the UK you are but I have a similar problem in Dorset. Only one club shop sells Cobra within approx 30 miles or so. And even that one has just reg and stiff in Helium and Smoke. I had a hit with it earlier this week and found the 9 head (lofted to 7.5!) with Smoke 60g stiff to be longer than my Amp Cell Pro, but still a little spinny (2900 avg). I asked to try the 3 wood length 70g Smoke with 2 x 14g weights in the head and BOOOOM, middle of the club face and fairway finders with all shots on the GC2.

When I go back next week we'll take the combo out on the course. I will request that there's some of the Atmos shafts involved and also some different weights. Love the look of the F9 in white.

Driver: still looking.....
4 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 17.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW70x @ 42 1/2".

7 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 22.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW80x @ 41 3/4".
Irons: Kamui Pro KP-102 5i-PW + KBS TGI 110 + 1/2".
Wedges: Callaway Jaws Forged 50°/55°/60° + KBS C-Taper
Putter: SeeMore SB1 + Accra FX300.

Anyone try this with the Atmos TS Blue X stiff?

Yep, I ordered mine with the TS Blue 7X.

I went the same route, but I went 16 & 16 with the weights. For me it gave me the heft that I was playing a slightly longer 3-wood and it has been magic for me.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

Yep, mine is at 45", D4. Nice feel, zero concern to get after it and lose it left. Just put my speeder evo V into play but the stock TS blue was excellent. Sticking with the same shaft in my 3W for now, just way to easy to elevate off the deck. Im sure I could get more distance with a different shaft but 260 carry and landing soft is excellent for me. Super safe off the tee as well

My new F9 9 degree arrived w wrap Tec grip and 45". 7X atoms black from the 6s version and what a difference. Spin down probably 1000 and hitting mid high low spin bombs for me. Setting at 8* draw position and put away the wrench, finally found my correct shaft loft and spin and absolutely thrilled. Only cost me 70 bucks as I sold off the 10.5 6s combo while this club is still hot. Hope helps others if they are not 100 percent sure of there set up and I eventually found mine and the search now comes to an end. This head also seems more solid (maybe its hot melt they added) to get the D4 sw requested as it still has the 14/2 weights . Will weigh it out later to make sure but if its off ill leave it as it feels marvelous.

I've never understood the idea of tipping. Help me out here.... If your in-between flexes wouldn't it be prudent to find a shaft with a different flex in either the mid section or the end? To bring you closer to spec. Once you tip a shaft you have absolutely changed its profile no???

I usually just tip to tighten up the profile a touch

I actually reached out to Bill McPherson at Pro Choice and asked for his insight based on weight profile I like, and also gave him my numbers for ball speed, etc.

I also use the acceleration profile on Flightscope to test loading and unloading on tipped vs Untipped, and generally if I go tipped it’s to tighten a profile up on something I fit into, not to get in between flexes or anything.

At 113-116mph and 168-171BS I probably just could have easily gone 7x, but I tried it at 1/4” and felt it was also perfect, hence why I ordered at 1/2”

Anyone have to lower there tee height with this driver?

Yes - and it feels great.

I am basically neutral in terms of angle of attack so I tee the ball with just a 1/4 of the ball above the face with the F9. For me, it's been the missing part to why I was so bad at the driver before. I haven't had problems in a few rounds and I am consistently long (for my swing) even on miss-hits.

I've never understood the idea of tipping. Help me out here.... If your in-between flexes wouldn't it be prudent to find a shaft with a different flex in either the mid section or the end? To bring you closer to spec. Once you tip a shaft you have absolutely changed its profile no???

No. Tipping is “fine tuning”. It doesn’t effect the profile. People on this site talk about it easy too much. It stiffens up, or “tightens” up the shaft if you are between shafts or if you are a 120 mph+ bomber and need stiffer than X or TX. It also lowers spin a touch for the high speed guys.

Absolutely. But how much you do that depends on the shaft's profile. You're moving the curve to the left- this chart is a good example.

chart@2x-1.png

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

For those looking for additional weights (I know Cobra has some weights back ordered), for some reason my F9 tour shipped with an extra 14g weight I have no intention of using. If interested message me, I will probably put it on the BST once I can take a picture (nothing crazy, just $20 shipped).

I have this driver in yellow 9* with a HZRDUS yellow shaft and it is beast mode son! Ya it has a busy crown but other that Titleist, who doesn't have craziness going on? Test it and let the performance change your mind. Once you get past all bells and whistles on the head, this is a solid driver!

Does it feel lighter with the CB shaft in it? I find it to feel a little head heavy so might try the yellow to see if it lightens the feels a bit.

Does it feel lighter with the CB shaft in it? I find it to feel a little head heavy so might try the yellow to see if it lightens the feels a bit.

Cut a half inch off of it.

Does anyone know if there are any differences in the driver head between the women's version and the men's other than the loft and color?

I was thinking of picking up a women's head because I like the colorways the most, I like a lot of loft on my driver, and they are about $100 cheaper on the secondary market.

F9 9.5* at 8* Hazardous Red 13* F7 19* Callaway XR Hybrid 4-GW Mizuno HM Pros 55* Mizuno S5 60* Mizuno S5 STX Sync 3 45" Snell MTB Yellow

Its already the tour length version.

Does anyone know if there are any differences in the driver head between the women's version and the men's other than the loft and color?

I was thinking of picking up a women's head because I like the colorways the most, I like a lot of loft on my driver, and they are about $100 cheaper on the secondary market.

The womens F9 is a 460 cc head and a 59.5 lie angle and has the same stock weights. Looks the same to me other than loft.

Same for the Junior head. If anyone needs a higher lofted driver head at a discounted price that would be a real consideration. Retails for $100 less.

Its already the tour length version.

Go down to 44. I’ve played mine at “Rickie length” 43.5” for 25 years. Never going longer.

No. Tipping is “fine tuning”. It doesn’t effect the profile. People on this site talk about it easy too much. It stiffens up, or “tightens” up the shaft if you are between shafts or if you are a 120 mph+ bomber and need stiffer than X or TX. It also lowers spin a touch for the high speed guys.

I was doing some research and many manufacturers state that tipping will absolutely change the profile of the shaft. I am all for it and I am sure there are way way better players than me that understand what tipping does for them and I will always agree with them. I am 51 and swing speed is between 100 and 104 max so I don't think it would make any difference for me. I was just thinking out loud looking at some videos on tipping and having these strong views from the OEM's.