Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

You can get extra connect sensors and just plug in the top of any club grip.

What change in swingweight do the sensors have? Do they fall out?

Interesting question. Do they fall out? I wonder how well the add on ones adhere to the butt of club? Going in and out of the bag constantly might jar them loose eventually.

They are expensive for a kit:

https://www.cobragolf.com/arccos-360-14-piece

They wont add any “real” or effective swingweight because you hold the club underneath them. You have to “choke down” just a little. If you put the clubs on a scale they will in fact swingweight slightly heavier because they make the clubs a bit longer. This is a “false reading” however because you are expected to grip the club below them.

The effective or “real” swingweight of any club is based on its playing length....where you grip it.

If you choke down an inch on a driver the EFFECTIVE swingweight to your brain is 6 points less than the actual reading you will get on a swingweight scale. The head weight “feels” the same as if you had cut an inch off of the club.

Anyone not in love with their 3 wood?

I bought mine without ever hitting one. My first outing I wasn't immediately like wow, but hitting it more and more and loving it more and more. The sound/feel took awhile to get used to but the performance is amazing. It just goes straight, total fairway finder and easy to hit off the deck. Not that I need it to be a max distance club since I'm long enough for all the courses I played, but I was a bit concerned with ballooning at the range. On the course it's much better with my gamer ball (Srixon Zstar XV), nice penetrating flight,

I bought mine without ever hitting one. My first outing I wasn't immediately like wow, but hitting it more and more and loving it more and more. The sound/feel took awhile to get used to but the performance is amazing. It just goes straight, total fairway finder and easy to hit off the deck. Not that I need it to be a max distance club since I'm long enough for all the courses I played, but I was a bit concerned with ballooning at the range. On the course it's much better with my gamer ball (Srixon Zstar XV), nice penetrating flight,

Did you get standard or Tour size?

Do you have the driver as well? The feel/sound different?

I have the driver as well. The 3w does feel/sound a bit different. I'd say its more muted and there is a bit more feedback in the handle from the 3W on even pure strikes. I've only played all metal fairways so Im largely used to the *ting* sound, the F9 is a very unique thwack

Hmm interesting. Guess I need to hit one if it's different than the driver. I currently play the M3 and am not in love with the M3 thwack.

... Madly in love with my F9 3 wood. As stated earlier in this thread my 3 wood was my least reliable club. But the F9 is so good and so easy to hit from the ground I am practically giddy when I have an opportunity to hit mine.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour/2024 TP5x

... Madly in love with my F9 3 wood. As stated earlier in this thread my 3 wood was my least reliable club. But the F9 is so good and so easy to hit from the ground I am practically giddy when I have an opportunity to hit mine.

Same, previously I never really hit 3W off the deck, it was a tee only club and it wasn't always straight. I have an F6 baffler or a 2i that would be the longest clubs I hit into a par 5 otherwise I am laying up. (or sometimes would hit those off the tee). I have a feeling this 3W is going to see a lot more action than the one it was replacing (915F 16.5, ADDI7x)

You can get extra connect sensors and just plug in the top of any club grip.

What change in swingweight do the sensors have? Do they fall out?

None and no they dont fall out. I've used them a couple times and it works pretty good. The sensors screw into the end of your grip and stay there. The thing that sucks is having your phone in your pocket the whole round. But you can buy the new wearable device they have coming out so you dont have to have your phone on you.

I got out to the course for the first time last night and really like this driver. The feel is very muted. The highlight was a low heel strike where part of the ball was actually off of the milled face and it still went 269 (measured by my Garmin S6 watch). It was incredible. That drive should have gone 240 at best.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

I’m not. In all fairness I ordered it with a shaft that is too soft and a poor fit. Blue 7s.

I am getting very similar flight and performance out of a f8+ with atmos red 8s. @17*. So I’m hitting the 14.5 f9 with too much spin.

I should have ordered the tour version, with a x shaft I believe. But at this point I’m probably going to spring for the g410lst fairway and give that a rip.

2019:
G400LST 8.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 125MSI 60 stiff
Cobra 3/4 f9; Atmos Blue TS 7s
Cobra 4/5 f8+; Atmos Red TS 8s
3i - PW Miura CB1008; KBS Tour 120s; 2up +1/2”
53* TM HiToe; KBS Wedge
59* TM HiToe; KBS Wedge

Byron Morgan DH89 flow neck 2* loft 71* lie
Bettinardi Something Fishy Prototype BB0; Registry #RJB2821; 2* loft; 71* lie

Tour length must have proven more popular than they predicted.

Backordered until 3/3. I bet they are out of one or both of the heavier sole weights. The standard one is still in stock.

The 6g weights are out of stock that’s why.

Well, that's good news for me at least. I special ordered it with two 14 gram weights versus the standard setup. Thanks for the info, you da real MVP.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

Ship date is still 2/26 for new F9 set up...thankful for a change rain all weekend here then off to Chicago midweek. Hopefully New F9 9.0 Atmos 7X will be here when I get home. Spent 2 different days at PGASS in Orlando and got same amazing results with Black 7X set at 8.0 with great ball speeds and dispersion. Moving to different shaft just allowed me to release club so much better and gains were significant over previous set up. Can't wait to get on course next weekend and see on course results....just thought I'd give the thread a bump as chatter is down a bit.

Ship date is still 2/26 for new F9 set up...thankful for a change rain all weekend here then off to Chicago midweek. Hopefully New F9 9.0 Atmos 7X will be here when I get home. Spent 2 different days at PGASS in Orlando and got same amazing results with Black 7X set at 8.0 with great ball speeds and dispersion. Moving to different shaft just allowed me to release club so much better and gains were significant over previous set up. Can't wait to get on course next weekend and see on course results....just thought I'd give the thread a bump as chatter is down a bit.

Yeah its weird how that works. I too believed all the stuff on here "play the weakest shaft you can control" and "most amateurs are playing shafts that are too stiff". Going to heavy xflex gave me distance and dispersion since I didnt need to fight the head and try to steer it to keep it from going left.

Yeah its weird how that works. I too believed all the stuff on here "play the weakest shaft you can control" and "most amateurs are playing shafts that are too stiff". Going to heavy xflex gave me distance and dispersion since I didnt need to fight the head and try to steer it to keep it from going left.

exactly. Thought I'd gone insane but now back comfortable just grip it and rip it . Golf is pretty simple/easy when you don't have any thoughts going thru your head when standing over the ball.

Tour length must have proven more popular than they predicted.

Backordered until 3/3. I bet they are out of one or both of the heavier sole weights. The standard one is still in stock.

The 6g weights are out of stock that’s why.

Maybe its because I'm a lefty but my tour length F9 arrived yesterday with the 6g weight. I suspect they are holding stock for Tour Length orders. It took an extra few days for mine to ship but that is because I think the F9 is proving to be a pretty popular line for them.

Yeah, it's funny how it works. I am a tall, strong player, with quick tempo and aggressive transition. You would think I need heavy shafts, but actually do much better in lighter weights. Hit 70 Pro Orange badly, but 60 PO great. So now I have 110g steelfiber shafts and 60g driver shaft and 70g 3wood shaft. I am 6'4" and 110+ mph driver swing speed. I do need x-stiff shafts though and stiff tips. I don't mind playing boardy shafts, such as my steelfiber 110x.

I have a fair amount more swing speed than 3woodvt, yet the 70g driver shafts don't work for me like they work for him. Just shows you need to try different things.

My Club Champion fitter said the Kiyoshi Black is not a good fit for me, so we never tried it. During second session I asked to put it in, as i used it for years in the past with great success. It ended up being perfect for me...

Yeah, it's funny how it works. I am a tall, strong player, with quick tempo and aggressive transition. You would think I need heavy shafts, but actually do much better in lighter weights. Hit 70 Pro Orange badly, but 60 PO great. So now I have 110g steelfiber shafts and 60g driver shaft and 70g 3wood shaft. I am 6'4" and 110+ mph driver swing speed. I do need x-stiff shafts though and stiff tips. I don't mind playing boardy shafts, such as my steelfiber 110x.

I have a fair amount more swing speed than 3woodvt, yet the 70g driver shafts don't work for me like they work for him. Just shows you need to try different things.

My Club Champion fitter said the Kiyoshi Black is not a good fit for me, so we never tried it. During second session I asked to put it in, as i used it for years in the past with great success. It ended up being perfect for me...

That's awesome and thanks for sharing the other side of that equation. Amazing how we all fit just a bit differently. Great post

Does the cobra ltd have the same hosel design as the f9 as could purchase just the f9 driver head and pair with my tour ad di7.

Like to give it a try with this set up

Callaway great big bertha driver
Callaway xr hybrid
Callaway xr irons 4/AW
Callaway mack daddy 3 wedge 54
Callaway PM Grind 58
Various putters
Snell MTB

Does the cobra ltd have the same hosel design as the f9 as could purchase just the f9 driver head and pair with my tour ad di7.

Like to give it a try with this set up

Same adapter just different settings. Ltd tip had actual lofts written on it, where the f9 is all +- relative to the loft stated on the head.

I ordered my F9 tour length driver and fairway yesterday. Both with PO TX flex 60 driver and 70 fairway. Was told the tour length is indeed 3/3 backorder as they are waiting on weights. Maybe even middle of March,but Cobra guy told me they were hoping to get weights and meet the 3/3 time frame. I should have my fairway sometime next week.

Also,if anyone was wanting to know they,Cobra tip per manufactures recommendations. Not 1 inch standard tipping like Taylormade does. Just want pass info along to help anyone out. I’m patiently waiting like a kid for Xmas day.

Your swing sounds similar to mine. I swing driver 110ish and 6i 93-95, compact swing with a hard transition. I was playing soft handle extra stiff tip shafts and always lost them left(Addi 6x tipped 2", modus 120x) . Went to heavier stiff handle/active tip wood shafts and lighter stiff handle iron shafts and so far working well. Wasn't getting enough spin out of lighter low/low shafts

Did my fitting at CC as well.

KRT22

Identical experience to me, but only difference I have is 113-115 on the driver.

I actually will hook butt soft shafts with stiff tips.

Went with an AD TP 7x tipped 1”, and my numbers so far with my TS2 3 wood are awesome

160 BS

10 launch

3200 spin

275 carry

All were in the blue on Trackman optimizer so I’m pretty happy.