Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

> @mogc60 said:

> > @mitchdoc said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > Mine is 45" with the 18/2g weights and I think some hot melt from Cobra. Wicked good. Im now longest hitter in our regular group. Not all due to the club, but it certainly helps

> >

> > So welcomed me to the party. My speedback driver arrived today. Like you

> > I ordered half inch short of standard; so basically a compromise between standard and tour length. To keep the swing weight at the stock D3 Cobra put in an 18g weight instead of the 14 gram. And kept the two gram weight as is.

> >

> > The question that I have is when I demoed the Club at the shop it was obviously in the standard length configuration with the 14 and 2 gram weights. I found I hit it with lower spin and a bit more ball speed with the heavier weight up front. But I was still hitting it quite good with still very good spin numbers and maybe tighter dispersion with the heavier weight in back. However, I am wondering if having 18 instead of 14 grams up front or in the back of the head will cause any significant difference in playing characteristics in terms of launch and spin compared to the stock weights that I tried on the demo driver.

> >

> >

> I don’t think a few grams will make a huge difference in the front location. My F9 is at 44 1/4”...I have a 14 gram in front and put a 10 gram in back. I did notice the flight was slightly higher switching from the 2 gram to the 10 but the spin seems to have stayed low. I’m not on a launch monitor often but have a pretty sharp eye for my ball flight and changes. I had the driver dialed in on the monitor but the weight was too light at the shorter length. If I feel the launch gets too high once it’s warm and the ball really starts flying I will adjust the loft and get back on the monitor. The weight feels perfect to me now.

>

Thanks. I think I would prefer my weights a bit more even as I do a bit better weight in front but am worried this might lower spin to much.

> @mitchdoc said:

> > @mogc60 said:

> > > @mitchdoc said:

> > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > Mine is 45" with the 18/2g weights and I think some hot melt from Cobra. Wicked good. Im now longest hitter in our regular group. Not all due to the club, but it certainly helps

> > >

> > > So welcomed me to the party. My speedback driver arrived today. Like you

> > > I ordered half inch short of standard; so basically a compromise between standard and tour length. To keep the swing weight at the stock D3 Cobra put in an 18g weight instead of the 14 gram. And kept the two gram weight as is.

> > >

> > > The question that I have is when I demoed the Club at the shop it was obviously in the standard length configuration with the 14 and 2 gram weights. I found I hit it with lower spin and a bit more ball speed with the heavier weight up front. But I was still hitting it quite good with still very good spin numbers and maybe tighter dispersion with the heavier weight in back. However, I am wondering if having 18 instead of 14 grams up front or in the back of the head will cause any significant difference in playing characteristics in terms of launch and spin compared to the stock weights that I tried on the demo driver.

> > >

> > >

> > I don’t think a few grams will make a huge difference in the front location. My F9 is at 44 1/4”...I have a 14 gram in front and put a 10 gram in back. I did notice the flight was slightly higher switching from the 2 gram to the 10 but the spin seems to have stayed low. I’m not on a launch monitor often but have a pretty sharp eye for my ball flight and changes. I had the driver dialed in on the monitor but the weight was too light at the shorter length. If I feel the launch gets too high once it’s warm and the ball really starts flying I will adjust the loft and get back on the monitor. The weight feels perfect to me now.

> >

>

> Thanks. I think I would prefer my weights a bit more even as I do a bit better weight in front but am worried this might lower spin to much.

I was worried about adding that much weight to the back. I fight spin with the driver so I have always front loaded my driver. Like I said the launch angle went up slightly but if spin increased it was very minimal. I can say having the weight evened out a bit makes the head feel very stable. Even more than it was before. wyoudk8um9tn.jpeg

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

> @mitchdoc said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > Mine is 45" with the 18/2g weights and I think some hot melt from Cobra. Wicked good. Im now longest hitter in our regular group. Not all due to the club, but it certainly helps

>

> So welcomed me to the party. My speedback driver arrived today. Like you

> I ordered half inch short of standard; so basically a compromise between standard and tour length. To keep the swing weight at the stock D3 Cobra put in an 18g weight instead of the 14 gram. And kept the two gram weight as is.

>

> The question that I have is when I demoed the Club at the shop it was obviously in the standard length configuration with the 14 and 2 gram weights. I found I hit it with lower spin and a bit more ball speed with the heavier weight up front. But I was still hitting it quite good with still very good spin numbers and maybe tighter dispersion with the heavier weight in back. However, I am wondering if having 18 instead of 14 grams up front or in the back of the head will cause any significant difference in playing characteristics in terms of launch and spin compared to the stock weights that I tried on the demo driver.

>

>

I was curious about a more neutral weight distribution as well, but I'm hitting it so well I'm not changing anything. Really really straight ball flight unless I get one off the heel then its a slight peel right. Nothing wild though even with the weights as is

I got in the 3 wood from GlobalGolf's U-Try today. Been looking for something to replace my 08 Burner for all of the 2010's. Hit it at Edwin Watts and the feel is outstanding. Want to try it on turf before I make a decision. I also really like the driver but I have a TS3 with an upgraded shaft already. May U-Try it as well after the 3W test to see if it can hang with my CC fitted TS3 as I prefer the muted thwack of the F9 over the sound of the TS3.

Callaway Paradym 12* (-1Std) Autoflex SF505X

Callaway Paradym Heavenwood

Ping G425M 20.5* Tensei Raw Org 75S

Ping G425 22* ADIZ85S

Ping G425 26* ADIZ85S

T100S 6-7 (1* weak) Aerotech FC115

T100 8-PW  Aerotech FC115

Titleist T100 50*  Aerotech FC115

Vokey SM8 54.12D/58.8M Aerotech FC115
SC Champ Choice Newport 2 Stability Shaft Tour

> @Warrick said:

> I have 10 front, 14 back, really liking it so far

Have you tried 14 front and 10 back? I've got that setting going in mine currently, but wondering if flipping them would perhaps add a little forgiveness, without adding much spin. Maybe drop it a degree, to possibly compensate for added spin. It may be a case that it is so little weight, it might not do anything, I don't know. My swing is so out of whack right now, I'm hooking just about every club in the bag to some degree.

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

I'd probably like it better if I was in the military or a hunter. It is cool, but I would not buy it for the Camo design alone.

Driver (9.0) - Cobra LTDx Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S, 44.5"
Wood (14.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S

Wood (17.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S
Driving Iron (20) - Srixon U65 Project X 5.5
Irons (5-6) - Srixon Z565 Project X 5.5
Irons (7-P) - Srixon Z765 Project X 5.5
Wedges - Vokey SM-7 Jet Black / 50.08 F / 54.08 M / 58.08 M DG S300
Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

> @Nicodimas said:

> > @Warrick said:

> > Anyone have thoughts on the 3H vs the Tour 5w

>

> I am also curious on this...but I am playing a mini-driver 12*, f9 3w tour set to 13.5* and then out to a 19h * then my four iron starts at 22*.

>

> Would the 5W tour benefit me in this set up for a tour set low around 16--17*.

I am going for the Tour 4-5, love the feel of the milled face and small head and been a while since I played a 5w, probably set it at 18, am on the search for a decent price

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

> @Warrick said:

> > @Nicodimas said:

> > > @Warrick said:

> > > Anyone have thoughts on the 3H vs the Tour 5w

> >

> > I am also curious on this...but I am playing a mini-driver 12*, f9 3w tour set to 13.5* and then out to a 19h * then my four iron starts at 22*.

> >

> > Would the 5W tour benefit me in this set up for a tour set low around 16--17*.

>

> I am going for the Tour 4-5, love the feel of the milled face and small head and been a while since I played a 5w, probably set it at 18, am on the search for a decent price

Look at DiscountDans....great price on new F9 drivers, prolly same great price on fairway woods.

Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

> @monkeyboy said:

> > @Warrick said:

> > > @Nicodimas said:

> > > > @Warrick said:

> > > > Anyone have thoughts on the 3H vs the Tour 5w

> > >

> > > I am also curious on this...but I am playing a mini-driver 12*, f9 3w tour set to 13.5* and then out to a 19h * then my four iron starts at 22*.

> > >

> > > Would the 5W tour benefit me in this set up for a tour set low around 16--17*.

> >

> > I am going for the Tour 4-5, love the feel of the milled face and small head and been a while since I played a 5w, probably set it at 18, am on the search for a decent price

>

> Look at DiscountDans....great price on new F9 drivers, prolly same great price on fairway woods.

Do they charge sales tax on top of PP fees?

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

I've had the driver for about 3 weeks now. playing @ 44 Length. 8 * loft with the Tour Length Weights of 18g (Front) 6g (back)

My swing is trash. However I've noticed multiple posts about people saying the driver likes to be hit low.

Personally, I find the driver like most other driver loves a tad high and a tad on the toe. That's when I find the ball to launch high, low spin (2100) and rollout for days. I don't think any modern driver likes to be hit low?

Now that I've been working on my swing for the last week, let me say. This driver is better than my LTD pro. When you hit it on the screws, I think the LTD pro might squeeze out a tiny bit more.

The **forgiveness** of this driver is what differentiates it from the LTD Pro. Balls that should be noticeably in the right rough are on the right edge of the fairway or the first cut.

I just don't know how more people aren't playing it. It's so under the radar. Somehow Cobra has to knock down the perception from Scratch golfers that it can't compete with Titleist, TM + Callaway.

• Like 1

> @Warrick said:

> > @monkeyboy said:

> > > @Warrick said:

> > > > @Nicodimas said:

> > > > > @Warrick said:

> > > > > Anyone have thoughts on the 3H vs the Tour 5w

> > > >

> > > > I am also curious on this...but I am playing a mini-driver 12*, f9 3w tour set to 13.5* and then out to a 19h * then my four iron starts at 22*.

> > > >

> > > > Would the 5W tour benefit me in this set up for a tour set low around 16--17*.

> > >

> > > I am going for the Tour 4-5, love the feel of the milled face and small head and been a while since I played a 5w, probably set it at 18, am on the search for a decent price

> >

> > Look at DiscountDans....great price on new F9 drivers, prolly same great price on fairway woods.

> Do they charge sales tax on top of PP fees?

>

No shipping cost

No tax

I'm about to pull the trigger on an F9 that I don't really need....

Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

I'm itching to buy this club but I live a long way from a store where I can hit it and get fitted. I currently play the F6 with a stock regular shaft which I like but I have the itch to get the F9 after seeing all the posts and rave reviews about this club. I'm thinking the Fujikara Atmos Blue 6 in regular flex would be fine but also curious about the Hzrdus Smoke shaft.

I guess I should wait until I can get on a launch monitor but damn the ho in me can't wait. :)

Cobra King F9  Driver 10.5° Atmos Blue 6 stiff
17° Callaway X Hot 4 wood
20.5°& 23° Cleveland DST Launcher hybrids
Srixon ZX5 5 - PW Modus 105 Regular 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 48°/9° & 52°/11°, RTX 3 58°/9°
Ping Anser Sigma 2 putter

Wife is going to kill me...Just ordered a Tour Length F9 driver. I have an F8+, which I tweaked at PGA Store. Hit the F9 with my F8+ shaft and dispersion was tremendous...similar spin, carry, rollout to my F8+.

Why have one when you can have 2 drivers?

Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

aw6cb6ow02xc.jpeg

> @reechard said:

> I've had the driver for about 3 weeks now. playing @ 44 Length. 8 * loft with the Tour Length Weights of 18g (Front) 6g (back)

> My swing is trash. However I've noticed multiple posts about people saying the driver likes to be hit low.

> Personally, I find the driver like most other driver loves a tad high and a tad on the toe. That's when I find the ball to launch high, low spin (2100) and rollout for days. I don't think any modern driver likes to be hit low?

>

> Now that I've been working on my swing for the last week, let me say. This driver is better than my LTD pro. When you hit it on the screws, I think the LTD pro might squeeze out a tiny bit more.

>

> The **forgiveness** of this driver is what differentiates it from the LTD Pro. Balls that should be noticeably in the right rough are on the right edge of the fairway or the first cut.

>

> I just don't know how more people aren't playing it. It's so under the radar. Somehow Cobra has to knock down the perception from Scratch golfers that it can't compete with Titleist, TM + Callaway.

>

>

>

>

Agree 100%. It does perform better lower on the face than most drivers I have hit but the hot spot is barely up and barely towards the toe from center. I will say this...it’s nice to have a driver that when you dead nut center it...it actually goes like you’ve nutted it. This driver is better than anything I’ve hit recently on square contact. Everything else I’ve hit the past 5 years I’ve felt I had to mishit it to get it maxedout. The marks on the face in the pic just towards the toe side are bombed!!

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

> @Warrick said:

> I have 10 front, 14 back, really liking it so far

I play 14 & 14. Probably going to buy an 18 after playing with some lead tape. I am in love with the F9 Tour as I was my previous gamer for life the FT9 Tour. Ironically, all I needed to find my new love was to remove a “T”.

I have added about 25 yards versus my previous gamers. I still need more consistent length (I am working on a few swing changes but when they click I have come close to 270 yards of carry), but that is the product of lessons and training for speed. That said, I started 2019 as a 3.9 handicap wise, but since the F9 (and my iBlades) have hit my bag I am down to a 1.6 after today’s round.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

F9 4-5 Tour with Smoke 70 on the way. It looks like Cally is out of the top end for now, and Cobra is in.

If things go bad at some point, can always rotate in Epic driver with PO, Epic SZ 3+ with PW, and Epic 3H with PW, solid back ups.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

> @Warrick said:

> F9 4-5 Tour with Smoke 70 on the way. It looks like Cally is out of the top end for now, and Cobra is in.

>

> If things go bad at some point, can always rotate in Epic driver with PO, Epic SZ 3+ with PW, and Epic 3H with PW, solid back ups.

Big change in lie angle if you care about that. Cobra is really upright in F9 compared to epic sz you have

> @dmeeksDC said:

> The NV Green is an excellent hybrid shaft and is more low launch so that, combined with the lower loft, should bring it down. Also may want to check the actual lofts on both heads. Not always what it says. Shafts can help a lot, but nothing brings flight and spin down like lower loft.

>

> I have a similar setup. I play a Titleist 818 H2 19 degree and a Cobra F7 hybrid at 23. I like having one hybrid with rails because you literally can hit it off anything, and I like the smaller head of the F7 vs the more recent models. I do not like the stock shaft in the F7 and am looking at others to replace it. Very fond of Mitsubishi shafts but also like the Fuji Atmos and Pro 2.0 lineup. Just have to get the right one. Atmos ranges from very high launch to very stout in the heavier Tour Spec options. Keep us posted. Always interesting how different combos can play so differently.

>

So the 17* with NV Green arrived and I only had the time so far for a quick range session.

So far it appears to be the weapon I wanted, with a couple of caveats.

It now carries further than my 816 but with a similar flat trajectory - looked like 210-220 in the air, which is exactly what I was looking for. It then gets its roll on, which is even better.

I also can’t chunk it on a mat, which I presume is down to the rails. I tried it along with a brand new Apex and I would occasionally duff that, as I would with any other hybrid.

Caveat 1: It may just be down to the slightly lighter shaft, and timing, but I currently have two-way dispersion which is something I don’t have on any other club I use.

Caveat 2: I’m a heel-side hitter and it’s great for that, but I consciously tried hitting it a little toe-side and it’s unplayable there. It goes about 100 yards and then seems to apex, make a sudden left turn, and just dive out of the air. It did that time and time again from that strike location. Can’t wait to see what the spin on that shot looks like on a LM.

So, this could be my new tool off the tee on short par 4s and second shots on par 5s, but I need more time with it for sure.

Really on the fence now. I love the F9 performance, really like the muted sound for awhile as it's so understated and then you see how far the ball goes. With that being said, I have been toying with the M6 and the more pronounced thwack/crack is really nice. Ultimately performance is king so I will need to do a through outdoor session and gather LM data.

Doesn't adding a 10 gram weight dramatically change the swing weight? I thought it was something like one swing weight for every 2grams in the head..? For some reason thought they had a 6g weight or something to pair with the 10 and keep them at 16 combined, but not seeing it on the site.. must be remembering wrong.

Titleist TSi3 8*, Tensei AV White 65X

Cobra Big Tour 3W, Project X HZRDUS RDX Blue 70X

Ping G425 19* 3H, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85X

Taylormade UDI 3i, Diamana Thump 100X

Taylormade p790 5-AW, C-Taper 130X

Titleist Vokey SM7 52* 10S bent to 53

Titleist Vokey SM7 56* 8M bent to 57

Titleist Vokey SM7 60* 12D

Tour length comes with 6g and 18g. Standard comes with 14g and 2g. I ordered a 6g to replace the 2g. The 6g weight took about a month and a half to ship through cobra.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K Kai'li White 60x

3w: Epic Flash Hzrdus 70x

Hybrid: Cally Apex 19°

4i-Pw: Ping i200 PX 6.0

Wedges: SM9 50° / 54° / 58°

Putter: Cally Ten S