srixon 745's WOW!!!!!!

fujiman.757

Can I just add that they are distinctly average and drab?

XR16 Driver 11.5 Prolaunch Blue Axis reg spine aligned FLOed 45.25" 245y
Adams Speed Line Fast 12 Fairway 17 degrees stock Prolaunch Blue Speedcoat reg spine aligned FLOed 220y
Wilson19.5 Fybrid FY(fairway bridge) stock reg Prolaunch V2 spine aligned FLOed 200y
Adams Super Pro 23 Hybrid Stock Prolaunch Platinium reg spine aligned FLOed 190y
i25 Black Dot 4i-9i Z-Z65 1/2" Long(4-7i with bounce grind) 180-130y
i25 Black Dot UW weakened to 48 Z-Z65 1/2" Long 115y
TM TP 52-9(bent to 53) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/2" long 100y
TM TP 58-10(bent to 59 bounce ground to 6) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/4" long 85y
Evnroll ER5 370g Hatchback 34" No 30g counterweight 69 degrees Lie 4 Loft Winn Jumbo Lite Pistol 59g Grip Black Tone
All 13 grips GP MCC+4 Grey Logo hidden/down midsize +1 tape layer
Callaway Chrome Soft Ball White
Mizuno Skintite Glove

745 AW is a lot softer better feel

I wanted an AW to blend with the PW and have the same sole config

The 745 AW is really nothing more than the same thing as most other wedges

Love the 545 AW. Pulled my 50 deg T4 to put it in the bag.

Cobra LTD HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
Cobra F8 3 hybrid (HZRDUS Black 85 6.5)
4 Hybrid...
Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
Ping Ketsch Mid 

If you're looking for a the v-sole type wedge to blend with the 745s, you may want to look at the SCOR or Ben Hogan TK15 wedges. SCOR is no longer in production and because Ben Hogan.

If you're looking for a the v-sole type wedge to blend with the 745s, you may want to look at the SCOR or Ben Hogan TK15 wedges. SCOR is no longer in production and because Ben Hogan.

correction - Scor is still in production they just have Ben Hogan stamped on em :)

TM Sim D-Type Tour AD IZ 7s
Mavrik SZ 16.5 Tour AD DI 7s
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2

You wanted to be able to game these SO bad, didn't you.....

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Leave the poor troll alone, he's been at this for ages, to the point of trying to get users in other threads to come into this thread and troll it. Sad really...

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I must ask, I'm more of a digger does the v sole impede me in anyway in regards to that? I'm probably not wording that correctly at all it's hard to get where I'm getting at but just want to know if that v sole helps more for sweepers or diggers. About to by a set today I hit them on a launch monitor but couldn't get outside to hit them on turf

Leave the poor troll alone, he's been at this for ages, to the point of trying to get users in other threads to come into this thread and troll it. Sad really...

it does amuse me guilty

XR16 Driver 11.5 Prolaunch Blue Axis reg spine aligned FLOed 45.25" 245y
Adams Speed Line Fast 12 Fairway 17 degrees stock Prolaunch Blue Speedcoat reg spine aligned FLOed 220y
Wilson19.5 Fybrid FY(fairway bridge) stock reg Prolaunch V2 spine aligned FLOed 200y
Adams Super Pro 23 Hybrid Stock Prolaunch Platinium reg spine aligned FLOed 190y
i25 Black Dot 4i-9i Z-Z65 1/2" Long(4-7i with bounce grind) 180-130y
i25 Black Dot UW weakened to 48 Z-Z65 1/2" Long 115y
TM TP 52-9(bent to 53) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/2" long 100y
TM TP 58-10(bent to 59 bounce ground to 6) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/4" long 85y
Evnroll ER5 370g Hatchback 34" No 30g counterweight 69 degrees Lie 4 Loft Winn Jumbo Lite Pistol 59g Grip Black Tone
All 13 grips GP MCC+4 Grey Logo hidden/down midsize +1 tape layer
Callaway Chrome Soft Ball White
Mizuno Skintite Glove

I must ask, I'm more of a digger does the v sole impede me in anyway in regards to that? I'm probably not wording that correctly at all it's hard to get where I'm getting at but just want to know if that v sole helps more for sweepers or diggers. About to by a set today I hit them on a launch monitor but couldn't get outside to hit them on turf

I'm a limp-wristed sweeper, but if you search the thread you'll see a number of posts from self-described 'diggers' playing them and offering up some impressions that may help you out :)

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

So I know I'm late to the party but my 745's just arrived from Srixon today. I managed to get my order in while they still had the free shaft upgrade going on.

I took the last 2 years off entirely from golf, due to having a child, and decided to dust off the clubs and play about a month ago. I played my trusty Callaway Protos and realized that it might be time for a more forgiving iron, hence the new 745's.

Anyway, I ordered them up with Modus 3 125 shafts and got them out to the range this afternoon. So far so good. Wasn't a great range day of me but I can see I'm gonna be happy with these. I still have a lot of rust to shake off after my 2 year hiatus.

I'll report back with a better review once I have some more time with them.

The forgiveness of these irons still amazes me each time I play... Had a not so stellar back nine, ball striking-wise today, but the ball still flew straight and long. Just couldn't compete with the push... Front nine was a different story, was puring just about every iron I hit and right at my targets... It's stupid how much I love these irons.

I originally had these paired with KBS Tour 120, but wanted to go lighter so I went to PX 5.5 flighted, then for some odd reason, pulled those in favor of some KBS CTL... I wasn't sure about the CTL at first but I am starting to really enjoy the feel and performance of these shafts with these heads...

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

When and why did they stop the free shaft upgrade? Been close to pulling the trigger on a set, but not so much now without the upgrades.

Would assume it's because the 4's are winding down and the 6's line will be coming out soon as Srixon's current retail version.

F.T.

When and why did they stop the free shaft upgrade? Been close to pulling the trigger on a set, but not so much now without the upgrades.

Would assume it's because the 4's are winding down and the 6's line will be coming out soon as Srixon's current retail version.

With the 6s coming out, that is more reason to keep the free upgrades going and move the 4s.

With the 6s coming out, that is more reason to keep the free upgrades going and move the 4s.

Oh sure not saying it's good for the consumer, but it's the only mitigating circumstances I can think of :)

They sell the 4s right up until the release date of the 6s with free shaft upgrades, then stop for the 6s. Customers drawn in by the 6s are more likely to be WTF yesterday I could have had free shaft upgrades?!

Where as if they stop it some time ahead of the 6s being out, people who were only drawn in by the new 765s upon their release/seeing promotional material coming out, never knew about the free shaft upgrades, and they are happy, if blissfully unaware customers?

F.T.

I got out to the range a couple more times with my new 745's with Modus 125's. Really impressed with the clubs so far, certainly more forgiving than my prior blades. The shafts I'm still getting use to. Ball flight is definitely higher than the PX Flighted that I've played for years but no noticeable distance lost. I can't turn them over as easily either but I think I just need more time with them. They are silky smooth for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

I had to give up on the 745's I got a few weeks ago with Modus3 125's. Just couldn't get use to the shaft. Felt great but ball flight was just to high for liking. I've since gone crazy and have 2 more sets of 745's that I'm messing with. One with Pxi's and one with c-taper's. I tried to order a set with Tour V's last week as well but they're currently backordered through Srixon. I'll report back when I settle in on a set.

I would think the c-tapers might be what you're looking for in a lower flight. The tour V are great shafts but may be high launching as well. I have the CTL in my 745s and it took me a while to get used to them but I love them... Seem to be a nice mid launch for me with above average distance.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

I was a long term dg s300 user, and when I tested the Z745's outdoors, I had 7 irons with dg s300, KBS Tour Stiff (120), PXi 5.5, Nippon Modus 105.

Performance of the PXI 5.5 and Modus 105 were remarkably similar. The Modus felt a touch lighter in the hands. Distances were all within a few yards of each other, so no deciding factor there. Preferred feel, and most consistent results were with KBS Tour 120's. My 7 iron swing speed was running about 88 on their machine. Had not considered the KBS Tours, but for me, they were a perfect match for these heads. Gave me a nice launch that flattened out, and stopped a couple of feet past the ball mark.

In the short time I have had these, I have had more birdie putts in the 5-15 foot range than I have had in a long time. Great sticks.

Woods/Fairways:  Callaway with Mitsubishi shafts

Irons:  Srixon with Dynamic Gold shafts

had the Steelfiber i110's in my 745 5-pw and U45 2 & 4 I couldn't hit the irons for some reason. I had hit them with different shafts and was sold after 5 swings. I was able to switch over the shafts to C-taper S+ and these irons are not leaving my bag any time soon. and thats big for someone that changes every year

PXG 0311 7.5* (set to 6.75*) w/ Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70TX Tipped 0.75" @ 45.25"

TM Original One Mini Driver 13* (set at 11.5*) w/ Mitsubishi Diamana BF 80TX Tipped 1.5" @ 43"
Srixon U45 18* w/ N.S. Pro Modus3 GOST Tour X @ 39.5"
Callaway UW 21* w/ Aldila VS Proto 95X Tipped 1.75" @ 41" / Srixon U45 23* w/ Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour X @ 38.5"

Cobra KING Tour with MIM w/ PX LS 7.0 5-PW / Srixon Z745 5-PW w/ DG TI X7's (PW Tipped 1/4")
Mizuno T22 Denim Copper 50*, 55* & 60* w/ PX LS 7.0 Tipped 3/8" D2, D3 & D5

Putter: Evnroll ER2v

• 2 weeks later...