srixon 745's WOW!!!!!!

fujiman.757

Duke,

Very well done.

Guy21,

To answer your question, I only try that if the greens are firm. If I muscle a mid- or short-iron to a soft and fast green, squinting harder will negate any distance gain from the spin back. My home course is firm and fast, so the ball bounces and bites, but private courses I stick it and suck it back quite a bit.

Btw, 9-iron at 179yd..., what you hitting your 4-iron and h5 18*?

Duke,

Very well done.

Guy21,

To answer your question, I only try that if the greens are firm. If I muscle a mid- or short-iron to a soft and fast green, squinting harder will negate any distance gain from the spin back. My home course is firm and fast, so the ball bounces and bites, but private courses I stick it and suck it back quite a bit.

Btw, 9-iron at 179yd..., what you hitting your 4-iron and h5 18*?

4I: 215 carry

2H: 235 carry

for reference -- my ss with driver averages 113-115

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

this is a general question b/c i've noticed some great things about my 745s ---

Do you guys ever find yourself in an instance where you're looking at the yardage and think...i COULD hit an easy 7 here but, i know if i lay on an 8 i can get it to fly there?

example -- last night in leagues i had 179 out, wind off my back and told myself i could hit an easy 8 or a hard 9...i hit hard 9 and was 15' from the pin.

I KNOW for a fact that my previous irons couldn't do this...they didn't have that X factor when i needed it. These irons get better as you demand more of them -- i'm loving em.

I can honestly say I've never been in a situation where 179 to the pin leaves me in a toss up between an 8 and a 9, no.

I have played 2 rounds so far with my 545/745 Modus 125s combo set, and while they feel fantastic, I was not wowed by their performance......especially in the 545 long irons. I took my clubs into a buddy of mine that has a custom club shop with a trackman and had the loft, lie, and length checked. Glad I did, as the specs were way off...the 4,5, and 6i were all at least 3 degrees upright over the standard specs (I typically play 1 degree flat from standard). The lofts on the 745 9i and pw were 4 degrees stronger than standard.... I am really looking forward to getting back out on the course as their was a big difference in my impact marks from when we started to when we wrapped up. I'm a little disappointed that the specs were so far off, but lesson learned.....always have your irons checked no matter which brand you buy.

I do wish I had went further into the set with the 745 irons, as the 745s are really forgiving and look fantastic at address.

PING G430 LST 9* 
Srixon 13.5* 
Adams LS 19* 
Srixon ZX7/ZX5 Nippon Tour 125s
Odyssey Backstryke blade 
PING/Cleveland 54* 58*

I just ordered some 745's (6-PW) so I'll definitely have the loft/lie checked right off the bat. I also asked for just the CTL's S to be soft stepped and the PW to be 1/4" over....and 2 extra wraps on all the clubs, lol. I've test driven the 745's a few times (usually along with JPX 850F, Ping iE1 and some others in the same category) and the 745's win primarily due to performance but the attractive cost and free upgrades right now definitely pushed them over the top.

Worst case scenario is that 6,7 don't give me confidence during actual play instead of just smashing balls at the range, in which case I'll weeze some 545's in there too.

I've had CTL's in my prior JPX 825's and Apex for 3 years now and am really looking forward to them in the 745's over those stock DG S300's and worn out stock grips that every demo had.

I've had mine 5 months and finally started showing some wear. I hit balls 3-4 times a week and play 1-2 week and here holding up great. I'm getting them tuned up make sure loft and lie is on point. Best irons ever. Just picked up u45 18 & 20.

The 745 driver gives me the best numbers. Haven't taken It out much because we've had soft conditions so I needed more air time. This thing is hot and I picked up 2-3 mph with this driver.

I just ordered some 745's (6-PW) so I'll definitely have the loft/lie checked right off the bat. I also asked for just the CTL's S to be soft stepped and the PW to be 1/4" over....and 2 extra wraps on all the clubs, lol. I've test driven the 745's a few times (usually along with JPX 850F, Ping iE1 and some others in the same category) and the 745's win primarily due to performance but the attractive cost and free upgrades right now definitely pushed them over the top.

Worst case scenario is that 6,7 don't give me confidence during actual play instead of just smashing balls at the range, in which case I'll weeze some 545's in there too.

I've had CTL's in my prior JPX 825's and Apex for 3 years now and am really looking forward to them in the 745's over those stock DG S300's and worn out stock grips that every demo had.

I'm not a fan of the 545 a bit too bulky for my taste. But I got a buddy some and he loves them.

Shaft upgrades still free on these? Have an email into DD but just wanted to check here first.

In looking at a couple shafts on Srixon's ordering site it appears upgrades are still free, but I'd recommend building your own specs on Srixon's site to confirm. Good luck!

http://www.srixon.com/us/irons/z-745-irons/MZ745-EA.html

Shaft upgrades still free on these? Have an email into DD but just wanted to check here first.

In looking at a couple shafts on Srixon's ordering site it appears upgrades are still free, but I'd recommend building your own specs on Srixon's site to confirm. Good luck!

http://www.srixon.co...s/MZ745-EA.html

Here is a link to Srixon XXIO Japan. It is for their woods customisation. Whilst in Japanese there is a lot to be garnered on the technical information for shaft options.

Of note they indicate all the swings weights for the different shafts offered cut at different lengths.

You also note for the Asia market with have tour option for fairways & hybrids.

http://golf.dunlop.co.jp/custommade_club/cmc_index.html

http://www.srixon.co...s/MZ745-EA.html

Here is a link to Srixon XXIO Japan. It is for their woods customisation. Whilst in Japanese there is a lot to be garnered on the technical information for shaft options.

Of note they indicate all the swings weights for the different shafts offered cut at different lengths.

You also note for the Asia market with have tour option for fairways & hybrids.

http://golf.dunlop.c.../cmc_index.html

lastly current catalogue for XXIO/Srixon Japan/Asia, from Page 59 is srixon irons. Specs, shafts options, technical information.

From page 81 technical specs of shaft options overall.

http://golf.dunlop.co.jp/catalog/dunlop16ss3/pageview.html#page_num=59

After buying and playing Razr X MBs, Fly Z Pros, VPCs, i20s, and S55s this past winter/early spring - those pesky z745s keep finding their way back into the bag :)

Shot some good scores with the Cobras and S55s, but the z745s are just so nice. Finished up a 5 round, long weekend in Arizona and they worked great on all sorts of different surfaces. So maybe, just maybe I'll finally leave them in there for the rest of the season.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

After buying and playing Razr X MBs, Fly Z Pros, VPCs, i20s, and S55s this past winter/early spring - those pesky z745s keep finding their way back into the bag :)

Shot some good scores with the Cobras and S55s, but the z745s are just so nice. Finished up a 5 round, long weekend in Arizona and they worked great on all sorts of different surfaces. So maybe, just maybe I'll finally leave them in there for the rest of the season.

I honestly don't think you'll find anything better. Technological advancements in irons are minimal to say the least. Find a set that works for you and feels good and stick with them.

I'm debating whether or not to get 6-PW in the 745s to pair with my 4-5 545. I've got the modus 3 120x in 545, and love the feel. I hit them a little high and they may spin (visually, into the wind) a little much. Thinking about getting the modus 125s in the 745. Anybody done this and do you think it would be too weird in between the 5i and 6i to have a different shaft? My wedges are different shafts and it doesn't seem to bother me....

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

I honestly don't think you'll find anything better. Technological advancements in irons are minimal to say the least. Find a set that works for you and feels good and stick with them.

Oh I didn't buy a bunch of irons sets because the z7s weren't working out. I did it because, well... I'm a WRXer ;)

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Oh I didn't buy a bunch of irons sets because the z7s weren't working out. I did it because, well... I'm a WRXer ;)

Yes, I understand. Makes sense.

Well...i'm pretty late to this party, but just ordered 5-pw 745, 4 iron 545, and a 3 iron u45 all w/ KBS tour. Was tempted to go Modus 125, but I know what the KBS tour does so its a known commodity.

Pretty excited...have demo'd before and liked a lot them despite being more of a picker, and assuming the sole is best suited for an aggressive strike down.

Hopefully the order doesn't take too long....can't wait!

Cobra Aerojet LS 9* Ventus Blue 6x
Callaway XR 3Deep 14* Aerotech Ti-Fiber 70 F5
Srixon u45 20* Nunchuk Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 Mk II 4 iron  Nippon Modus 105x

Srixon ZX7 5-AW  Nippon Modus 120x

Taylormade MG4 54* SB, 60* TW True Temper TI s400
LAB MEZZ.1 MAX

And your signature had already been updated to reflect the order.

I'm more of a picker, too, and really like them. Good luck and enjoy!

Yeah...updated the profile just before my post....In my mind they are in the bag already :derisive:

Cobra Aerojet LS 9* Ventus Blue 6x
Callaway XR 3Deep 14* Aerotech Ti-Fiber 70 F5
Srixon u45 20* Nunchuk Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 Mk II 4 iron  Nippon Modus 105x

Srixon ZX7 5-AW  Nippon Modus 120x

Taylormade MG4 54* SB, 60* TW True Temper TI s400
LAB MEZZ.1 MAX

And your signature had already been updated to reflect the order.

I'm more of a picker, too, and really like them. Good luck and enjoy!

Yeah...updated the profile just before my post....In my mind they are in the bag already :derisive:

Sweeper myself and they are just fine. Like you I bought them without hitting them, played 1 round at my local track, and then had a weekend with them at Bandon. There was no problem on the firm links turf. Their really high, then completely opposite bounce numbers probably do them a diservice for those comparing specs with other clubs.

Hope you enjoy them as much as many of us on here have :)

F.T.

Just hit these the other day at golfsmith and was shocked at how good they felt. The 545 seemed more like my flyz but for some reason the 745 really appealed to my eye. I really am leaning toward these irons as my new set come July after my 10 lessons pack is up. Hopefully by then my 14 cap will be 10 :)

Don't be shocked. They're Endo forged!

Just hit these the other day at golfsmith and was shocked at how good they felt. The 545 seemed more like my flyz but for some reason the 745 really appealed to my eye. I really am leaning toward these irons as my new set come July after my 10 lessons pack is up. Hopefully by then my 14 cap will be 10 :)

Don't be shocked. They're Endo forged!

But don't forget z545 irons have only a forged body with steel insert, only the 745 & 945 are full forged single piece heads. Yes endo forged but cant remember if in Japan to Thailand.

So I see you can't get a gap wedge to match the set. Is this true? I kind of like a GW that matches my irons since I use it mostly for 3/4 and full shots. Does everyone just use a traditional 50* wedge?

I'd also point out the z745 GW - available used in North America if someone is selling it or new from Japan - really doesn't match the set IMHO. It fits in way better with the z945. I had one and quickly sold it.

I put a quick comparo pic up at the time: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1103361-srixon-745s-wow/page__view__findpost__p__11361815

F.T.