srixon 745's WOW!!!!!!

fujiman.757

Guess i need to join this party. Picked up a new set of 745s yesterday with Nippon 130x but i will most likely be throwing some RIP Tour 115s in them. I'm recovering from a TFCC tear right now and am most likely switching to graphite.

• AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Denali Black 60 6.5
  • TM M5 Tour 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

Guess i need to join this party. Picked up a new set of 745s yesterday with Nippon 130x but i will most likely be throwing some RIP Tour 115s in them. I'm recovering from a TFCC tear right now and am most likely switching to graphite.

I play the RIP Tour 115 S flex in some Adams XTD forged and I like the steel fibers more. If you have a chance, compare the two. It's taking time to adjust to the lighter weight but the feel is better I think.

Do you boys realise the ie1 thread is catching you up nearly for posts! What more forgiveness as well!

cool.

Edit* LMAO, you are LITERALLY cheerleading for those posters to post more than the "delusional 745ers"?! I know you have to have more to do with your life..... Here, I will bring it to your level... IF YOU LIKE PING SO MUCH, WHY DON'T YOU MARRY IT?

lets get this straight. There is no perfect iron out there. Srixon or Ping or what ever. The thing is on this thread that there is a lot of fawning over this iron, because it ticks a lot of boxes looks wise and what people think they want in an iron.

All this fawning can be misleading getting guys to buy on the back of it.

Each iron and shaft combo performs different for different guys.

I have hit the 745 and it's ok. Nothing more. The Ping i and Apex CF16 both outperformed it for me.

Gotta hit em and see if they are for you. No nirvana for all out there. Would be boring if there was.

XR16 Driver 11.5 Prolaunch Blue Axis reg spine aligned FLOed 45.25" 245y
Adams Speed Line Fast 12 Fairway 17 degrees stock Prolaunch Blue Speedcoat reg spine aligned FLOed 220y
Wilson19.5 Fybrid FY(fairway bridge) stock reg Prolaunch V2 spine aligned FLOed 200y
Adams Super Pro 23 Hybrid Stock Prolaunch Platinium reg spine aligned FLOed 190y
i25 Black Dot 4i-9i Z-Z65 1/2" Long(4-7i with bounce grind) 180-130y
i25 Black Dot UW weakened to 48 Z-Z65 1/2" Long 115y
TM TP 52-9(bent to 53) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/2" long 100y
TM TP 58-10(bent to 59 bounce ground to 6) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/4" long 85y
Evnroll ER5 370g Hatchback 34" No 30g counterweight 69 degrees Lie 4 Loft Winn Jumbo Lite Pistol 59g Grip Black Tone
All 13 grips GP MCC+4 Grey Logo hidden/down midsize +1 tape layer
Callaway Chrome Soft Ball White
Mizuno Skintite Glove

Do you boys realise the ie1 thread is catching you up nearly for posts! What more forgiveness as well!

cool.

Edit* LMAO, you are LITERALLY cheerleading for those posters to post more than the "delusional 745ers"?! I know you have to have more to do with your life..... Here, I will bring it to your level... IF YOU LIKE PING SO MUCH, WHY DON'T YOU MARRY IT?

lets get this straight. There is no perfect iron out there. Srixon or Ping or what ever. The thing is on this thread that there is a lot of fawning over this iron, because it ticks a lot of boxes looks wise and what people think they want in an iron.

I have hit the 745 and it's ok. Nothing more. The Ping i and Apex CF16 both outperformed it for me.

Gotta hit em and see if they are for you. No nirvana for all out there. Would be boring if there was.

I dont disagree that people should try things before they buy them. If you didn't try the 745s and bought them and now don't like them, how is that the fault of the club? I fail to see how a thread about the 745s is misleading, but ANY other thread about a specific club isn't... say the Ping i's? I have hit Ping irons and personally, they are garbage to me, EVERYTHING I have played has out performed them, for me. That's not to say that someone else is going to have the same experience. I am not going to knock them down for anyone else though... I do realize everyone has different tastes, that's why there are so many threads with so much love, for so many different clubs. Just don't buy on looks alone anymore and you will be ok.

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* HZRDUS blue PVD 60s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Nike VFP 4i KBS CTL 115

Ping i230 5-P  KBS CTL 115

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless custom 34"

cool.

I dont disagree that people should try things before they buy them. If you didn't try the 745s and bought them and now don't like them, how is that the fault of the club? I fail to see how a thread about the 745s is misleading, but ANY other thread about a specific club isn't... say the Ping i's? I have hit Ping irons and personally, they are garbage to me, EVERYTHING I have played has out performed them, for me. That's not to say that someone else is going to have the same experience. I am not going to knock them down for anyone else though... I do realize everyone has different tastes, that's why there are so many threads with so much love, for so many different clubs. Just don't buy on looks alone anymore and you will be ok.

the looks of these irons and the v sole is seductive. Some guys will just buy on the strength of that. Wrong way to go is all I am saying.

Adams Speed Line Fast 12 Fairway 17 degrees stock Prolaunch Blue Speedcoat reg spine aligned FLOed 220y
Wilson19.5 Fybrid FY(fairway bridge) stock reg Prolaunch V2 spine aligned FLOed 200y
Adams Super Pro 23 Hybrid Stock Prolaunch Platinium reg spine aligned FLOed 190y
TM TP 58-10(bent to 59 bounce ground to 6) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/4" long 85y
Evnroll ER5 370g Hatchback 34" No 30g counterweight 69 degrees Lie 4 Loft Winn Jumbo Lite Pistol 59g Grip Black Tone
Mizuno Skintite Glove

cool.

Literally the most pointless thread of the year. You could cut and paste that, minus 745, and into every equipment thread on here.

I mean without fawning why have even a 91x, Mx, Gx, thread?

G425 Max 10.5* Diamana S LTD

G425 Max 16.5* Diamana 75 FW 

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54/58 MMT 105 SW

Ping Kushin 4

WITB

cool.

Literally the most pointless thread of the year. You could cut and paste that, minus 745, and into every equipment thread on here.

I mean without fawning why have even a 91x, Mx, Gx, thread?

thank you all knowing 1

Mizuno Skintite Glove

Not bragging but I may be able to shed some light on the topic. Mini tour player, averaged 70.8 last year. Really late release and can tend to get a bit steep once or twice a round. Scoring average this year is 69.7 over 12 rounds. The v sole has helped a lot on those shots that I leave the club in the ground. They look great, which is just a bonus. No, irons aren't a holy grail, but clubs can help alleviate a miss, and for some, these will do that.

Once again I was wowed by the Z745s

I went to the local heated indoor/outdoor range today and hit numerous irons.

The wind was from the south and straight at us and very,very windy.

I was hitting 8,9,PWs from ie1s,ping 2013 ansers, speed blades ,cobra s3, fourteen tc-910,and 745s.

My miss is usually a pull or over draw.

745s were the winner today, wind didn't seem to effect the shot at all. Not sure if its the shafts {KBS tour stiff} grips etc but these seem to go straight for me.

Fourteen TC-910 came in second, very similar to the 745s, i love these irons.

Ping Ansers were 3rd and these have Project x 5.0s so there a little weak for my swing. I hit some good shots and would love to try some KBS tours in these.

Ping ie1s were 4th, they seemed to go more left for me, but i did hit a few good shots as well.

Cobra s3 were 5th, i have hit these irons many times at this facility and most days these iron come out on top for ease of use, distance and straight flight. These have reg flex graphite and today they had me going left more than usual.

Speedblades came in last, i have hit these last fall and had good results, forgiving and great distance.

Today into the wind they seemed to just fall out of the sky, i was quite surprised with there poor performance.

Lately i have been reading alot about GI clubs,and there benefits.

Today i brought out all these clubs to test and i was there mainly to test out the pings and speedbladez to see what would be for sale. There were so many clubs in the bag i didn't even realize i brought the Z745s.

I was glad i did. Not sure what Srixon put in these irons, but I'm likin the pixy dust. Sweet club.

I was hitting 8,9,PWs from ie1s,ping 2013 ansers, speed blades ,cobra s3, fourteen tc-910,and 745s.

745s were the winner today, wind didn't seem to effect the shot at all. Not sure if its the shafts {KBS tour stiff} grips etc but these seem to go straight for me.

Ping Ansers were 3rd and these have Project x 5.0s so there a little weak for my swing. I hit some good shots and would love to try some KBS tours in these.

Ping ie1s were 4th, they seemed to go more left for me, but i did hit a few good shots as well.

Cobra s3 were 5th, i have hit these irons many times at this facility and most days these iron come out on top for ease of use, distance and straight flight. These have reg flex graphite and today they had me going left more than usual.

Speedblades came in last, i have hit these last fall and had good results, forgiving and great distance.

Today into the wind they seemed to just fall out of the sky, i was quite surprised with there poor performance.

Today i brought out all these clubs to test and i was there mainly to test out the pings and speedbladez to see what would be for sale. There were so many clubs in the bag i didn't even realize i brought the Z745s.

I was glad i did. Not sure what Srixon put in these irons, but I'm likin the pixy dust. Sweet club.

You don't mean the s3 pro's...they're one of my all time favorites

Adams 9015D w/X con4,Ping G20 w/HD6& [color=#0000CD Mizuno JPX 900 5 & 7 woods,Mashie 3 & 4
Bridgestone J40 DPC’s & S3 Pro’s,Mizuno S7 54 & 58
[color=#FF0000]Bettinardi SS7, BC1,Ping Anser 1968 BeCu

After struggling to find a new set of irons, I am now in the Srixon Z745 camp. Z U45 20 degree, 4-PW with Steel fiber i95. All the new irons are pretty darn good. I'm convinced I could fit into any of the new irons and they would play fine for me. These just felt the best, and I got a sweet deal. I could have also easily been pushed into the S55's or Titleist CB's.

I am on a GI iron quest. lol So these are non s3 pros. After hitting the Z745s again the GI quest might be put on hold. LOL

I do have the Cobra pros in combo set and full cb set.

I prefer the pro CBs, actually had the CB wedge with me that day and they are soft feeling and had no trouble into the wind.

I bought them based on there excellent reviews on here. Great club.

I am on a GI iron quest. lol So these are non s3 pros. After hitting the Z745s again the GI quest might be put on hold. LOL

I prefer the pro CBs, actually had the CB wedge with me that day and they are soft feeling and had no trouble into the wind.

There is a nice combo set on the BST, you should give them a try.

Titleist TSR 4 - Autoflex SF 505XX

Burner Mini - Autoflex SF505XX

Cally Apex UW - Ventus TR RED 7x

Ping G430 3H - Ventus HY Blue 8x 

Ping Blueprint S 4-PW Axiom 105x

Hi-Toe 3 52/MG3 TW 60 - S400TI 

Odyssey Ai Milled Eleven DB w/Stability Tour 

Cobra S3 pro combos on BST?

I had 4 sets at one time.

Down to one combo set and one full cb set.

But they might be lonely i'll have a look.

Thanks.

Cobra S3 pro combos on BST?

I had 4 sets at one time.

Down to one combo set and one full cb set.

But they might be lonely i'll have a look.

Thanks.

I meant there is a Srixon combo set there.

The front edge has a ton of bounce and it literally skips on top of the turf. Sometimes it will skip into ball for me...

Hit the ball before the turf and you won't have that problem...

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

Those are a sweet set of Srixon combos.

The low Can dollar makes the $600 into $900. Kinda out of my range.

What are you moving onto and why?

I bought theses irons,745 Srixon,because out of every Iron I hit in players style iron these were the one I hit the best,like the looks of,and did not lose much distance from my GI irons.I found they are very forgiving for the smaller thinner style head.The d3 swing weight seems to help with my tempo and I paired the head with KBS tour stiff shafts which feel great.The forged heads when struck on the sweet spot feel like butter,and I see very few sets of Srixon clubs around my course,which raises the curiosity of a lot of golfer who want to check them out.

I am playing Ping woods with them and vokey wedges and my Scotty putter, so I think my bag is set.Been putting a lot of work into knowing my distances and working on my swing to keep it consistant.Hoping to break 80 this year.

Those are a sweet set of Srixon combos.

The low Can dollar makes the $600 into $900. Kinda out of my range.

What are you moving onto and why?

Moving to the S55's. The Srixon's are prob some of the best feeling irons that I have ever hit. But I feel like it is more geared towards the more aggressive swinger with the v-soles. I don't take huge chunks out of the earth, so I don't feel like I benefit from the soles as much as others.

It might be they just didn't fit my swing, but like a true Wrx'er gotta blame it on something. Came from MP 64 w/c-tapers, really loved the look of them, the flight, basically everything. Thought the Srixon's looked cool, bought a set blindly...

I am just curious would you say the soles hurt you? I am shallow as well and don't take divots all the time and I wouldn't say they have hurt anything.

I agree. I am a picker/shallow divot-taker and I absolutely love the turf interaction I get with these

TSR3 9° tensei blue 65

TSR2 3w 15°, TSi2 3h 18° tensei blue

MP-20 hmb 4i, MP-20 mmc 5-9i modus 105

T20 46°, T22 50°, SM8 56°s dynamic gold

Super Select Newport 2 34.5" pingman

4.5 LS 4-way

how do these compare size wise to AP2 / MP25??

My final 3 iron choices in 2016 - feel / forgiveness / distance?

Just posted in the thread you started, but here is a pic of the top line of the 745 vs the 714 AP2, these are 3 irons as it's the only AP2 I have...

3%20irons%20top_zpsk7gptd9h.jpg

I, personally, find the 745 to be more forgiving and way better feeling than the AP2. I wanted to love those 714s but they just weren't for me... the 745s are pretty special, IMO. The only Mizuno irons I have played are the 32, 53, and now I have a set of 850 forged to try out, but so far, the 745 still feels the best.

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* HZRDUS blue PVD 60s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Nike VFP 4i KBS CTL 115

Ping i230 5-P  KBS CTL 115

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless custom 34"

I have to admit these are pretty popular!

I had some 545's last year but didn't realize the stock grips were made for elven folk. It was late in the season and I didn't wanna change grips knowing I'd most likely dump em for winter.

Easier to just order more :)

TM Sim D-Type Tour AD IZ 7s
Mavrik SZ 16.5 Tour AD DI 7s
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2