srixon 745's WOW!!!!!!

fujiman.757

Ughhh - 2 week backorder on that shaft - booooooo

I feel your pain. Just got mine last week it was a long wait, Best iron I've ever hit. If you are a steep swinger and can make those shafts do what they were meant to do you will fall in love as well. I had to pay for the modus though because I live in Canada. Boooooo

Ughhh - 2 week backorder on that shaft - booooooo

I feel your pain. Just got mine last week it was a long wait, Best iron I've ever hit. If you are a steep swinger and can make those shafts do what they were meant to do you will fall in love as well. I had to pay for the modus though because I live in Canada. Boooooo

I'm very steep (handsy) and take huge deep divots (wish I didn't)

TM Sim D-Type Tour AD IZ 7s
Mavrik SZ 16.5 Tour AD DI 7s
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2

I'm looking forward to change my irons to (probably) srixon combo set, I play regular flex but just got fitted for a new driver and my swing speed was 95-98...

I'm completely lost in iron shafts, just know I didn't like the feel of the nippon shaft in an apex pro set (hit it really well but as I said dont like the feel of the nippon 130)

Any suggestions so I can start looking??

I'm looking forward to change my irons to (probably) srixon combo set, I play regular flex but just got fitted for a new driver and my swing speed was 95-98...

I'm completely lost in iron shafts, just know I didn't like the feel of the nippon shaft in an apex pro set (hit it really well but as I said dont like the feel of the nippon 130)

Depending on what your looking for maybe the modus 125. I have hit them all and that was my favorite. I saw it was available on their site so might be something to look into. If you didn't like the 130 what shaft have you hit that you liked?

The 3 and 4 iron in the 545s are so easy to hit its unreal. Strong lofted at 20 and 22 degrees but its 220-245 yards down the middle with remotely decent swing. Coming from blades I was hesitant to play such a chunky club but I got over it and results are incredible. Off the tee for 240 yards or so that 3 iron is perfect. 5-pw in the 745s and like others have said they are special irons. The soft feel on center contact is second to none and very forgiving on slight mishits. Stock S300 shaft perfect for me.

Maybe the R300?? I was surprised at how nice the S300 felt paired with the 745 heads... I typically do not like the S300 but it was a nice set up. I play the 5.5 flighted in mine and they are another good setup. The Srixon heads feel so good, I can't imagine a shaft not pairing up well.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Depending on what your looking for maybe the modus 125. I have hit them all and that was my favorite. I saw it was available on their site so might be something to look into. If you didn't like the 130 what shaft have you hit that you liked?

I play kbs tour but not really happy with it, other than that I'm lost

regards!

What kind of ball flight are you looking for vartanick? The KBS Tour didn't seem to impress me either but the Tour V sure did. Might be worth a look also?

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

What kind of ball flight are you looking for vartanick? The KBS Tour didn't seem to impress me either but the Tour V sure did. Might be worth a look also?

Kbs tour v are gonna be pretty close to the modus 130 so I would guess those might be out.

I would expect the Modus 130 to play quite a bit heavier and stiffer compared to the Tour V in regular. I know the Tour V stiff is only 110g and is a higher launching shaft... I thought the Modus 130 was lower launching as well... I will have to look into it if it's close.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Kbs tour v are gonna be pretty close to the modus 130 so I would guess those might be out.

I would expect the Modus 130 to play quite a bit heavier and stiffer compared to the Tour V in regular. I know the Tour V stiff is only 110g and is a higher launching shaft... I thought the Modus 130 was lower launching as well... I will have to look into it if it's close.

Agreed. I'm a light shaft guy and had Tour Vs in some XR Pros and found them 'whippier and spinnier' for lack of better terms than either Project X95s or PXIs, which themselves are light shafts.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Agreed. I'm a light shaft guy and had Tour Vs in some XR Pros and found them 'whippier and spinnier' for lack of better terms than either Project X95s or PXIs, which themselves are light shafts.

130 is supposed to be higher launching believe it or not

That's why I wanted to try it

Unless I just read em all wrong which is possible

TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2

Could totally be me, but I can't see the feel being anywhere near the same. I have read those 130s are STIFF, nothing like the feel of the Tour V, but, I am not an expert.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Ordered a set of 745 w/ Modus 125 a couple of weeks ago and finally got to play them yesterday. These clubs feel great! Plenty of forgiveness, and between these heads and the shafts, my trajectory has improved (lower), giving me some added yards back.

Only one round, but this combo is pretty awesome so far. I got mine bent a degree strong and with Modus 125 X soft stepped once. Plays like X100, but so much smoother and less jarring at impact. LOVE IT.

Ping 425 LST Ventus Blue
Ping G400 14.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green
Ping G410 3H Evenflow Black
Ping i210 Steelfiber 125 4-U
Glide 3.0 54, 58
Byron 615/ Stroke Lab 1

Could totally be me, but I can't see the feel being anywhere near the same. I have read those 130s are STIFF, nothing like the feel of the Tour V, but, I am not an expert.

Interesting I looked at that PDF you are referring to Anser and it sure does say that. Weird though that the 130s, even compared to the other Modus shafts is considered mid/high, well others are mid, mid/low.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Interesting I looked at that PDF you are referring to Anser and it sure does say that. Weird though that the 130s, even compared to the other Modus shafts is considered mid/high, well others are mid, mid/low.

it's super rare that heavy would mean high - but I'm hoping it does :)

the 120's just felt too light to me I'm a long time project x 6.0 guy so hoping these are a more evolved feel yet some of that same stability.

TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2

Sorry guess I was thinking flight characteristics vs feel. I found the flight the same or very close. The modus is much heavier and I have played both. I prefer the modus but I always liked heavier shafts. Now that I am hitting 110ish grams I could prob do the Kbs tour v stiff hard stepped a couple times. I found they both jumped up pretty quick with a flatter flight. I hated the modus 120 as they just ballooned and came straight down, the minute you got into the wind good luck, atleast for me.

it's super rare that heavy would mean high - but I'm hoping it does :)

the 120's just felt too light to me I'm a long time project x 6.0 guy so hoping these are a more evolved feel yet some of that same stability.

Well obviously the best GolfWRX way to solve this conundrum is to buy some golf clubs! :)

F.T.

I went from S400s to Modus 130s in Ap2s and I can tell you without a doubt the feel is much different and the flight is higher if that helps give you some context. To be honest, I'm not sure it's right for me.

I also play my irons at D9, and like the heavier feel.

That helps a lot thanks

I don't go that heavy but I probably could lol - I lose track of the head and must just not have a very well defined sense of perspective in the regard.

The good news is the srixon heads seem heavier than most so that might not be a problem now. I always felt the same but I can always tell where the head is now. They truly are the nicest feeling irons I have hit yet.

I thought that was only the KBS Tours that had that issue... Did your Tour V do that?

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Damn... I thought it was only the Tours... Good to know! But, sorry it happened to you.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Just got my set in today, 3 weeks of waiting. I got 4 in 545 and 5-pw in 745 KBS CTAPER Lite X. Needed a bit of a higher flight. Cannot wait till Sat!!

Would love to hear what you think when you get them out! I have a set of CTL just sitting right now, I MAY try them out if I get ambitious enough for another shaft swap....

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"