srixon 745's WOW!!!!!!

fujiman.757

Curious if anyone has done 3 of the A/S wedges. Maybe the 51 bent to 50, the 51 bent to 54 or the 57 bent to 54/55 and then the 57 bent to 58 or so and how it worked out for you? Loving the irons so much I am debating on doing this.

I have a 50/55/60 wedge set up after the 745 Pw and they provide good gapping. It is with the Scor wedges (now TK15 Hogans) but they are a similar sole design and cast. I don't mind them being cast as my wedges get a little more usage with my home course only playing 6,000-6,300 yards. (But, I should probably swap out the wedge shafts after I changed to the nippons this offseason)

I should be getting a set of 745's with KBS tour. I will know tomorrow. Has anyone played these with the KBS? I am worried about the height and spin.

I should be getting a set of 745's with KBS tour. I will know tomorrow. Has anyone played these with the KBS? I am worried about the height and spin.

This reply might be a year too late but here are my 745s with KBS Tours. I love them. I feel like the KBSs have enhanced the feel of the head along with the distance a bit. I hit these longer than my MP-25s, for sure. Couldn't be happier with these clubs.

I hit these the other day and they were pretty sweet I must say!

Only thing I don't like is how strong the lofts are.

I love the lofting. A 46 PW means my gapping with the rest of my wedges is perfect (50/54/58) and the 22 4i lessens the gap between it and my 5wood. My old 4i (24 degree XForged) went 205 carry and the 5W is 230. Now the 4i is a solid 215 and everything matches up.

WhiZ

I hit these the other day and they were pretty sweet I must say!

Only thing I don't like is how strong the lofts are.

I love the lofting. A 46 PW means my gapping with the rest of my wedges is perfect (50/54/58) and the 22 4i lessens the gap between it and my 5wood. My old 4i (24 degree XForged) went 205 carry and the 5W is 230. Now the 4i is a solid 215 and everything matches up.

WhiZ

For me - and I am sure most not-that-fast swing speed rec players it will be fine too, but I did wonder if McDowell, Lowry, and other pro's have weakened their lofts some, especially for someone like Lowry who has a couple z5's in the bag as well.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

is there any consensus on the most popular shaft with the 745s? I'm playing the s300 basically because it was stock and ive always used that shaft. I found out after the purchase that there was no upcharge on shafts and I have the 90 day guarantee and could swap in another shaft for free. I don't really trust numbers on the LM into nets and its tough to get an outside demo. Nippon seems popular for former DG S300 users but there are many models and flexes.

played them for a full season, fantastic irons, I'm so glad srixon is getting some notoriety for these. I've moved on to a blade but these helped get me there.

What?! And you didn't move onto the z945?! For shame good sir! For shame ;)

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

is there any consensus on the most popular shaft with the 745s? I'm playing the s300 basically because it was stock and ive always used that shaft. I found out after the purchase that there was no upcharge on shafts and I have the 90 day guarantee and could swap in another shaft for free. I don't really trust numbers on the LM into nets and its tough to get an outside demo. Nippon seems popular for former DG S300 users but there are many models and flexes.

I thought the S300 felt pretty good in these when I first demoed them and I HATE the S300... lol. I would say, whatever shaft is a favorite of yours from a previous set, try that... I like the PX 5.5 flighted so I stuck them in in place of the KBS Tour 120s I had originally and have loved the combo. A lot of people like the Nippons but, you are right, there are so many versions that you may want to get fitted for the right one. I'm with you though, I have a hard time with launch monitors... These heads are so nice, they can make any shaft shine!! Haha

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

• 3 weeks later...

My 545/745 combo set just showed up today. I ordered the grips to be left loose, as I wanted my local guy to butt trim if necessary....Glad I did, as they are .25-.5" too long. With that said, these are some of the best looking irons I have ever purchased....especially with the Modus Tour 125s shafts. I went the added forgiveness route and opted for 4-8i 545 and 9-pw 745.... they blend really really well. I have been playing the CB3 satin irons with RIP tour 115 shafts, but those are quickly going to the back up bag.

PING G430 LST 9* 
Srixon 13.5* 
Adams LS 19* 
Srixon ZX7/ZX5 Nippon Tour 125s
Odyssey Backstryke blade 
PING/Cleveland 54* 58*

Anyone playing DG AMT shafts in their 745s? Thoughts?

I play s300 AMT in 545's and they are great. They really shine in the lower irons.

d

Did Srixon install the AMTs? They told me they do not offer the AMTs which seemed odd.

I bought them used. I believe the owner took the AMTs from a set of ap2's.

I wonder if maybe Titleist has a short term exclusive with the AMT and maybe that's why Srixon doesn't offer it.

It's a great feeling shaft and is amazing in the lower irons. I havnt hit a ton of other shafts, but these feel nice enough that I have no desire to try anything else.

Anyone playing DG AMT shafts in their 745s? Thoughts?

I play s300 AMT in 545's and they are great. They really shine in the lower irons.

d

Did Srixon install the AMTs? They told me they do not offer the AMTs which seemed odd.

I bought them used. I believe the owner took the AMTs from a set of ap2's.

I wonder if maybe Titleist has a short term exclusive with the AMT and maybe that's why Srixon doesn't offer it.

It's a great feeling shaft and is amazing in the lower irons. I havnt hit a ton of other shafts, but these feel nice enough that I have no desire to try anything else.

I hit both the AP2 with AMT shafts and the 745s with TI DG S400 at a demo day recently and would love to try the 745s with AMTs, but don't really want to pay for the reshaft. The free shaft upgrade and grip upgrade from Srixon is tempting right now.

Just got my set in today, and got nine in. I had these last year, and sold them to really try everything ( and I did). There is just no comparison- I forgot how soft and long these are. And just so damn accurate. My search took awhile, but these are the ones.

Cobra Darkspeed LS, Ventus TR Blue 6x

Ping G430 Max 15*, Tour Chrome 2.0

Ping G430 Max 21*, Tour Chrome 2.0

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour, 4-P, PX LZ 5.5 blackout

Mizuno T24, 50*/56*/60*, KBS Hi Rev 2.0 blackout 

Evnroll ESR2 Black

played Saterday after a long winter.First time playing off the grass after hitting all winter with simulators.I played terrible,but new it was my swing.After watching a Mark Crossfield video on push - slices, I figured out my problem fast.Played 9 last night and hit my 745 irons extremely well.Pretty windy, so harder to confirm my distances but the feel was great and flight perfect.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been testing out all of the irons i bought late last yr and once again the Z745s have sent the pretenders to the BST. {kijiji}

The latest suitors were the Ping ie1s and Tmade M2 tours.

I am not sure why the 745s seem to provide me with the straightest and most accurate shots.

They can keep up distance wise with the M2 tours, even though they are not distance irons.

The heads are smaller in size and with my non single digit handicap i should benefit from a more forgiving style iron.

The Z745s defy logic and provide me with more middled iron play. No adjusting for a heavy draw just is required with the 745s.

For me the 745s are a point and shoot game improvement club, how the heck did Srixon accomplish that???????

The Z745s defy logic and provide me with more middled iron play. No adjusting for a heavy draw just is required with the 745s.

For me the 745s are a point and shoot game improvement club, how the heck did Srixon accomplish that???????

Which irons have the heavy draw bias?

Where do i begin. lol The list would be shorter for the non draw irons for my swing. Taylormade Rsi 2s and TPs draw for some reason. 2014 MCs went straight. M2 tours seem to have the left bias.

Most Ping G irons i over draw, no draw for Ie1s and i25s, s55s.

Callaway 2014 Apex draw, MBs straight, 2013 forged draw,

Cobra s3 and s3 pros no draw cobra amp and cobra fly z pros no draw.

Cleveland 588 combos draw.

Most Mizuno irons no draw,but lack of bounce hinders me.

As you have probably fiqured out by now my swing isn't the greatest.

I like testing irons and have and had quite a few sets.

Yesterdays outing with the 745s was impressive for my swing.

Todays outing was a bad day all around. Lifted my head on way to many occasions. No type of iron would have helped.

I have to many sets of irons and have been trying to test them out against each other to see what stays and what goes.

745s more often than naught seem to go straight for me. Smaller head equals less toe shots?? i don't know.

Some GI clubs go straight but i have a tendency to hit toe shots more often with larger irons.

I just started playing at one of the better courses in my area and will have a better chance to test out different irons and try to determind what style of iron works the most consistently for me. Anti left is good. More forgiving maybe even better. Crazy game.

I am still in love with my 745's. I have never had a set like them. I really don't know how Srixon are going to top these.

Thinking about adding some 945's in the short irons. Maybe.

I wonder how their new cb that I saw will compare to the 745.

Pics? Links?

G425 Max 10.5* Diamana S LTD

G425 Max 16.5* Diamana 75 FW 

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54/58 MMT 105 SW

Ping Kushin 4

WITB

I am still in love with my 745's. I have never had a set like them. I really don't know how Srixon are going to top these.

Thinking about adding some 945's in the short irons. Maybe.

I wonder how their new cb that I saw will compare to the 745.

Pics? Links?

http://www.golfwrx.c...__+wells +fargo

Hideki's bag about 2/3 way down. 765?

You're welcome

Those new CB look pretty nice, but the 745s are so good, I can't even think of replacing them. Just swapped out the PX 5.5 flighted for some CTL stiffs... still early, but the PX may be a better fit for me in these... Either way, I am just psyched to have them in the bag.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

I have only had my 745/945's for a couple months now and they are truly amazing. 3 people have hit them a couple times during the round and ordered them that day. My dad only hit them 2 times before deciding to buy. My only regret is not going all 945's as they are just as easy to hit as the 745's but I prefer the 945's

this is a general question b/c i've noticed some great things about my 745s ---

Do you guys ever find yourself in an instance where you're looking at the yardage and think...i COULD hit an easy 7 here but, i know if i lay on an 8 i can get it to fly there?

example -- last night in leagues i had 179 out, wind off my back and told myself i could hit an easy 8 or a hard 9...i hit hard 9 and was 15' from the pin.

I KNOW for a fact that my previous irons couldn't do this...they didn't have that X factor when i needed it. These irons get better as you demand more of them -- i'm loving em.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”