2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Official Bio Cell + Thread

pollock21

Very nice! I have a black head with an orange matte crown that should have been shipped over a week ago fom the custom lab. Apparently, they are having a problem with mine.

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First round with the Plus today and I just can't seem to keep the flight down. Balloon balls galore for me even at the lowest setting. Tried to combat it with tee height and playing the ball a little further back in my stance, but still wasn't able to regain the distance I was losing. Love the feel of the head and the forgiveness. Was really hammering my 910 today though so I'm either going to stick with that for now or give the BC Pro head a try.

[quote name='t4t3r' timestamp='1401675547' post='9410941']
First round with the Plus today and I just can't seem to keep the flight down. Balloon balls galore for me even at the lowest setting. Tried to combat it with tee height and playing the ball a little further back in my stance, but still wasn't able to regain the distance I was losing. Love the feel of the head and the forgiveness. Was really hammering my 910 today though so I'm either going to stick with that for now or give the BC Pro head a try.
[/quote]

My pro might be for sale after I get my plus back. I am launching my pro way to high, much higher than I launched my plus which really surprised me.

Curious what shaft you were hitting in your plus?

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4
Fairway: TSi2 3 & 5 PX RDX Black 6.5
Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 3 4-P
Wedges: Zipcore Tour Rack 50/54/60
Putter: 2021 Ping Tyne CS

[quote name='pollock21' timestamp='1401676442' post='9411067']
[quote name='t4t3r' timestamp='1401675547' post='9410941']
[/quote]

My pro might be for sale after I get my plus back. I am launching my pro way to high, much higher than I launched my plus which really surprised me.

Curious what shaft you were hitting in your plus?
[/quote]

Stock red tie, stiff flex. Definitely sounds strange the Pro would launch higher. Shoot me a PM of you decide to sell the Pro.

I think it's weird as well! I need to get some more time in with both I guess. I was hoping I'd love the Pro and then I could sell my plus head as new when it arrives, but that's not gonna happen based on what I'm seeing from the Pro so far.

You should definitely try and hit your plus with a low launch shaft other than that red tie before you give up on it. Mine was amazing with my black tie and 757.

I mean, I was hitting my plus at 9.5 with my 757 and 8.5 with my black tie. The pro with my black tie at 7.5 was launching much, much higher than my plus did at 8.5 with the same shaft!

I will say this about the pro head, it's easy to hit. No worries about forgiveness for anything in this line.

[quote name='pollock21' timestamp='1401677916' post='9411231']
I think it's weird as well! I need to get some more time in with both I guess. I was hoping I'd love the Pro and then I could sell my plus head as new when it arrives, but that's not gonna happen based on what I'm seeing from the Pro so far.

You should definitely try and hit your plus with a low launch shaft other than that red tie before you give up on it. Mine was amazing with my black tie and 757.

I mean, I was hitting my plus at 9.5 with my 757 and 8.5 with my black tie. The pro with my black tie at 7.5 was launching much, much higher than my plus did at 8.5 with the same shaft!

I will say this about the pro head, it's easy to hit. No worries about forgiveness for anything in this line.
[/quote]

Yeah the forgiveness in these Bio Cell heads are fantastic. Confidence-inspiring to say the least. I've got a whiteboard laying around that I've used in a few heads so I may throw an adapter on that and see how she performs. I'd be interested to see how further testing goes for you once you get the Plus head back.

What a bust for me. After all the hype and positive comments I've read here, I just had to try it. Took a new driver and used FW down on a quick run to the RTJ Trail over the weekend with me. Both heads have the stock Red Tie shaft in them.

All I could get out of either club was line drives pulling hard to the left. The FW felt way better than the driver which offered little in feedback to me no matter where it was hit on the face.

Ping 425 driver 10.5*

Ping 425 FWs 14.5* & 17.5*

Ping 425 hybrid 22*

Srixon ZX5 5 - PW

Sub 70 286 Forged wedges 48*, 54* & 58*

Piretti 303 Series Cottonwood II putter

I am on the fence between the bio cell+ and the nike covert 2.0 tour drivers. My ss is about 94. My swing is generally low launch and low spin. Any suggestions as to which would be better fit for me? I demoed both with similar results but no R shafts to demo. Anyone with similar profile try the R shafts in these? Thanks for any help.

Hey all,
I posted this in the BCP thread, but since I will be also owning a BC+ driver soon too, I wanted to see if anyone in this thread might be able to help:

[color=#282828]Anyone have a "conversion" chart or spreadsheet of what the real lofts are when you put in a standard [/color][color=red][background=yellow]Bio[/background][/color][color=#282828] [/color][color=red][background=yellow]Cell[/background][/color][color=#282828] shaft or [/color][color=red][background=yellow]Bio[/background][/color][color=#282828] [/color][color=red][background=yellow]Cell[/background][/color][color=#282828] + shaft in to a B.C.P. head?[/color]

[color=#282828]I also need the conversions for a standard B.C. shaft and B.C.P. shaft going in to a B.C.+ head.[/color]

[color=#282828]I bought a BC+ and BCP, and also bought a standard BC PXv shaft off eBay (I hate this forum!!) and so I am going to tinker between the 2 heads and 3 shafts (I also have a BC+ adapter coming for my Fubuki alpha shaft currently in a RBZ Tour head).[/color]

[quote name='ferreta' timestamp='1401756683' post='9417707']Did anyone compare this against the regular bio cell as far as forgiveness goes?[/quote]

For me, the regular Bio Cell is more forgiving. Not saying the plus was bad, but with the regular I play point and shoot driving.

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (10.5d) - Ventus Blue Velocore 6s (44.75")

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto 125 F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto 125 F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

[quote name='sickasadog' timestamp='1401766899' post='9418793']I am on the fence between the bio cell+ and the nike covert 2.0 tour drivers. My ss is about 94. My swing is generally low launch and low spin. Any suggestions as to which would be better fit for me? I demoed both with similar results but no R shafts to demo. Anyone with similar profile try the R shafts in these? Thanks for any help.[/quote]

You probably want to try the regular Bio Cell. The Plus is 440 cc vs the Regular at 460 cc. Both forgiving, both really long. I am similar to you....low launcher, so the Regular helped me with that...but I also put a Ad Di 6 in it too to help launch

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (10.5d) - Ventus Blue Velocore 6s (44.75")

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto 125 F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto 125 F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

Once again, a question about the stock Red Tie shaft. I have limited experience with Matrix shafts in general, the only one being with the TP shafts in TaylorMade RBZ fairways and hybrids. With those, R was very good for me.
Driver shafts with which I have gotten the best results so far have been the Blueboard and the Fubuki Alpha, both the "real" ones (xc5t) in the 60gr range in S-Flex, but I also got along quite well with ahina in S-flex, as long as it was in the 60 gr range as well.
I would have a hard time to get a fitting with this one, so I wonder if it makes any sense to order this with a custom shaft I have liked in the past or just wait for another price drop here in Europe and get it with the stock shaft.
But which flex?
Some people here have written it plays soft, others say it is rather stout.

I see a gap. There definitely is a gap.

For me the stiff holds up very well and I have a swing speed of 108-113 mph. If that helps.

[b][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Taylormade M2 with Project Hzrdus Black[/font][/b]
[b][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 915F 16.5°[/font][/b]
[b][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist T-MB 3i
Titleist AP2 716 4-PW
Callaway MD3 50, 54, 58[/font][/b]
[b][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Evnroll ER2[/font][/b]

[quote name='sickasadog' timestamp='1401766899' post='9418793']
I am on the fence between the bio cell+ and the nike covert 2.0 tour drivers. My ss is about 94. My swing is generally low launch and low spin. Any suggestions as to which would be better fit for me? I demoed both with similar results but no R shafts to demo. Anyone with similar profile try the R shafts in these? Thanks for any help.
[/quote]I also have a SS at 94/96 with a aggressive downsing and I got the Bio + with the red tie Reg flex, and it holds up very well. As a matter of fact a better tempo swing produce better results.I own my own Brunswick frequency analyzer the REG flex came up to 240cpm and the STIFF 245cpm. I've always got along well with any shaft in that range for my swing.

[quote name='btomasie' timestamp='1402103949' post='9446259']
Hey all,
I posted this in the BCP thread, but since I will be also owning a BC+ driver soon too, I wanted to see if anyone in this thread might be able to help:

[color=#282828]Anyone have a "conversion" chart or spreadsheet of what the real lofts are when you put in a standard [/color][color=red][background=yellow]Bio[/background][/color][color=#282828] [/color][color=red][background=yellow]Cell[/background][/color][color=#282828] shaft or [/color][color=red][background=yellow]Bio[/background][/color][color=#282828] [/color][color=red][background=yellow]Cell[/background][/color][color=#282828] + shaft in to a B.C.P. head?[/color]

[color=#282828]I also need the conversions for a standard B.C. shaft and B.C.P. shaft going in to a B.C.+ head.[/color]

[color=#282828]I bought a BC+ and BCP, and also bought a standard BC PXv shaft off eBay (I hate this forum!!) and so I am going to tinker between the 2 heads and 3 shafts (I also have a BC+ adapter coming for my Fubuki alpha shaft currently in a RBZ Tour head).[/color]
[/quote]

Check a few pages back in this thread, there's three conversion charts for you using the shafts, and telling you what they mean in each head. Or vice versa, not sure which, but it gives out the detail on every combination possible.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='Pokie' timestamp='1402151252' post='9448409']
[quote name='sickasadog' timestamp='1401766899' post='9418793']
[/quote]I also have a SS at 94/96 with a aggressive downsing and I got the Bio + with the red tie Reg flex, and it holds up very well. As a matter of fact a better tempo swing produce better results.I own my own Brunswick frequency analyzer the REG flex came up to 240cpm and the STIFF 245cpm. I've always got along well with any shaft in that range for my swing.
[/quote]

Although that works well for irons with "like" shafts across the board, it's not really good at all for compairing different shafts or different flexes. So much can change in how the shaft is profiled, even between two flexes, that 2 shafts using butt flex only is mearly shooting in the dark. It's not uncommon for two of the same models shafts to have completely different flex profiles in different areas of the shaft. Although that shaft reads 5 CPM difference with a butt-flex measurement, it may have 30 CPMs of difference in the tip.

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

[quote name='avrag' timestamp='1401719428' post='9413247']
[quote name='chuckgt3' timestamp='1401603515' post='9405885']
Bio Cell+[s] from design lab[/s] with tour AD DI-6 S.
[/quote]

How does this shaft/head combination play?
[/quote]

Enjoying it - SS is about 94 and my launch numbers and spin all improved with this combo vs Xhot Pro/Fubuki I was playing. Shaft is super stable and and I am at least 15 yds. longer. The numbers are also different because I moved down to 44.5. I tried the Bio Cell and Pro and for me this worked the best.

[quote name='Jasber2008' timestamp='1402422297' post='9467649'] I love mIne. A perfect compliment to white ZL Encore. Now if only I could get rid of my annoying slice! [/quote]

What do you have the loft set to? I moved mine from 9.5 to 10.5 and noticed a definite increase in the draw bias. Hit a couple of really long drives this past weekend and a hook or two as well.

Curious if any of you guys have ventured into the land of the pro yet? For me, it just doesn't compare to my plus. But I've always loved deep face drivers and my natural ball flight is a fade, so something so fade biased, well, I really have to fight it to keep it straight. The plus just works for me.

Anyone else tried both and decided to stick with the plus?

[quote name='Ezgolfer' timestamp='1402976303' post='9511797']
Bio cell plus ,s ounds tempting ...but I will resist ..
Sticking with SLDR 430 ..Its taken me 5 months to get used to it ...
[b]Kaymer was bombing SLDR longer and in the fairway compared with Ricky's bio cell....[/b]
[/quote]

Which means the SLDR is far superior? Does that mean we should just look at the driver the winner puts in play on any given week and deem that one the best driver out there?

Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1402978856' post='9512041']
[b]Kaymer was bombing SLDR longer and in the fairway compared with Ricky's bio cell....[/b]
[/quote]

Which means the SLDR is far superior? Does that mean we should just look at the driver the winner puts in play on any given week and deem that one the best driver out there?
[/quote]

Ha ha ...
Just trying to find some justification to stop hoin drivers for myself .
The last golfing season was dominated by driver experiments and was a waste .
SLDR woods with stock shafts are staying in my bag.

[quote name='pollock21' timestamp='1402975331' post='9511705']
Curious if any of you guys have ventured into the land of the pro yet? For me, it just doesn't compare to my plus. But I've always loved deep face drivers and my natural ball flight is a fade, so something so fade biased, well, I really have to fight it to keep it straight. The plus just works for me.

Anyone else tried both and decided to stick with the plus?
[/quote]

I hit my Plus so high and with a good bit more spin than I have with pretty much any other driver, I had to get rid of it. I had the loft all the way down also. I don't know if it was the head or the shaft, but when I get a chance to take my Pro out I will be able to compare.

[quote name='Ezgolfer' timestamp='1402980042' post='9512121']
[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1402978856' post='9512041']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ha ha ...
Just trying to find some justification to stop hoin drivers for myself .
The last golfing season was dominated by driver experiments and was a waste .
SLDR woods with stock shafts are staying in my bag.
[/quote]

Heh, I picked up the sarcasm in your post, so hopefully you picked it up in mine as well :)

EDIT: I can totally relate to the driver experiment costing money and not ultimately working out. I was all about trying to make the G25 work for me towards the end of last year and the beginning of this year. After 6-7 different shafts, I finally just got rid of the head and have been meaning to put an ad together to try and get rid of some of the shafts as well. I'm saving up for what I hope to be a MXM #1W putter from Odyssey later this year.

Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Odyssey MXM #1W

• 2 weeks later...

bringing back the dead..

Finally got the + driver and +fw out today. I dont know, its long, probably a bit longer than my 910d2 12* but it also flies right. Not a push, not a fade just hops off the face and goes on a rope. Really weird as I usually play a draw.. Anyways still on the fence, I like the head and man does it sound sweet. Might need to find a different shaft to pair with it.

G425 Max 10.5* Diamana S LTD

G425 Max 16.5* Diamana 75 FW 

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54/58 MMT 105 SW

Ping Kushin 4

WITB