Official Bio Cell + Thread

pollock21

[quote name='Rock Chalk Jayhawk' timestamp='1399640660' post='9262461']
[quote name='gardemyr' timestamp='1399637679' post='9262239']
Will the smaller head do any difference to the "standard" 460cc head? Less forgiving or?

What's different between the older ZLE and the Bio Cell+ in term of performance, sound, forgiveness and so on?

[/quote]

I came from a Wishon 919THI (460cc) and notice basically no difference in forgiveness with the +. It is a great club. Choosing between the + and regular Bio comes down to preferred spin. If you want less spin and lower launch, go with the + or Pro. In terms of spin:
Most: Regular
Less: +
Least: Pro
[/quote]

Thank you! Think the best for me would be the Cell+, need something forgiving but with pretty low spin.

[b][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Taylormade M2 with Project Hzrdus Black[/font][/b]
[b][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 915F 16.5°[/font][/b]
[b][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist T-MB 3i
Titleist AP2 716 4-PW
Callaway MD3 50, 54, 58[/font][/b]
[b][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Evnroll ER2[/font][/b]

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just picked up my new plus today. I was hitting lasers to the end of the range where I rarely have reached before. The plus just barely edged out the SLDR and the i25 for this years drivers. It was close though. But this driver I seem to hit the straightest and I am impressed with the forgiveness.

So what color on the cobra bio cell do you all have and why?

[b][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Taylormade M2 with Project Hzrdus Black[/font][/b]
[b][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 915F 16.5°[/font][/b]
[b][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist T-MB 3i
Titleist AP2 716 4-PW
Callaway MD3 50, 54, 58[/font][/b]
[b][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Evnroll ER2[/font][/b]

Green, (because I like it)...
Orange, (because I had too much money in my pocket and it was burning a hole)....
Masters Edition, (have you seen it)....
Orange/white, (see response to number 2)...

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

i got out after work to play a short par 70 course (most par 4's are under 375 yards) to give this driver a good rip -

i flew 2 of the 4 greens i went for off the tee, one was on the fly at 304y

i can't believe how forgiving yet workable this driver is. it keeps impressing me every time out. i think the setting of 8.5D is perfect for me with the white tie...i MIGHT look for a lower spinning solution just for sheets.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

I haven't browsed this entire thread just yet, but wondered if anyone has any experience with the BC+ AD DI 6/7 combo. I love my G25, but could stand to knock a little spin. Could anyone compare the head forgiveness to the G25 also?

Thanks in advance.

MG

16' M1 Fuji Pro TS 60x
915f 15* D+ 80x
915h 19* D+ 90x
Pro Black CB1 4-PW PX 6.0
RTX 3 50* S400
SM6 54*. 58* C Taper 120
Works Limited #7

For me...the plus was just so much more forgiving. But the crazy thing is, for me...the regular Bio Cell is even better

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

[quote name='mgilly200' timestamp='1399905251' post='9278791']
I haven't browsed this entire thread just yet, but wondered if anyone has any experience with the BC+ AD DI 6/7 combo. I love my G25, but could stand to knock a little spin. Could anyone compare the head forgiveness to the G25 also?

Thanks in advance.

MG
[/quote]
Love my G25/DI7 combo. Bio Cell+ with the red tie matches up really well. Not going to be as forgiving as the G25, but for a 440cc head, the + is surprisingly forgiving. The + head is fairly heavy @ 205g, so that is one thing to consider if pairing it with the DI. Red Tie comes in at D6, 45.25" on mine.

Received on Friday, formerly used RFE. The + not necessarily longer on peak shots, but due to
forgiveness the average length and direction is much better with the BIO CELL+
Like the stock shaft, for me it is better feeling than the Black Tie.
Set it up to 11 degree, and even so it was nice ranbow shaped trajectory.

Got to the finally hit my new bio+ red tie x flex today for the first time. Awesome driver. Can't believe how forgiving it is on Misses. I am coming for a corbra amp original and I find it much more forgiving. It just feels more stable at impact. I hit some nice high bombs with it, but that toe hit is the one that impressed me so much. My mis is on the toe with a hook. Distance loss was minimal and not nearly as far off line. Highly recommend!!!!!

[quote name='sofla' timestamp='1399938444' post='9282435']
What are the red flags?
[/quote]

Not sure if you could see the listing before they were all gone, but seller had 0 feedback and was from taiwan. They were also 130 dollars or something. Listing said something about 14 years of feedback but there was none on the account.

Account is completely gone now so hopefully they got caught. I saw one sold. Everything was obviously cut and pasted to cover up the language barrier. It was also a short listing that just came up today. Pretty sure even the pic was from another ebay seller. Either a counterfeit or the seller was just trying to collect some money trying to capitalize on a popular item. Hate to say it but I hope it was the latter so the market isn't flooded with fake black and white Bio Cell + drivers.

[quote name='Rock Chalk Jayhawk' timestamp='1399596575' post='9260445']
[quote name='black03svtcobra' timestamp='1399595489' post='9260361'][quote name='gardemyr' timestamp='1399552098' post='9255683']
[quote name='eddiebigeddie' timestamp='1399548904' post='9255501']
I had both of these driver....now only have the Bio Cell & the Plus.

Real world testing, no launch monitor....
Cobra Bio Cell + with Tour AD DI 6s shaft
Taylormade SLDR with Matrix 5x3 White Tie stiff shaft

For me I was getting very similar distance out of the 2 drivers (SLDR carried just slightly further)....but the Bio Cell + was usually 5-10 yds further. Both had very penetrating ball flights. The deal changer for me was this....on my mishits with the SLDR it almost always gave me a really bad pull/pull-hook, which left me with bad second shots. With the Bio Cell Plus, my misses were a slight fade, but still in the fairway & nice second shots. The Bio Cell without a doubt for me is way more forgiving.

I'll add in another thing to ponder for you....I also have the regular Bio Cell with an Oban Kiyoshi Gold and it is every bit the beast that the Plus is for me...but even more forgiving than the plus. I am playing "Point & Shoot" with the regular Bio Cell.
[/quote]

Thank you for that input eddiebigeddie! Now Im even more intrigued by the Cobra Cell+! I have the exact problem on misshits with my SLDR, last couple of rounds I had so many quick hooks with bad lies for my second shots I came to the sense of needing a driver with forgiveness all over the face.

Haha ok, damn! I think the standard Bio Cell could be really good too with a nice shaft but here In Sweden it's really hard to come by any aftermarket shafts for a reasonable price. But worth looking into! This monday I hopefully have time to go a golfstore and check out the Bio Cell line :)
[/quote]

Hearing this is making me get this driver. I am having the same problem with my sldr the misses are hooks /snap hooks it's just crazy and I don't understand it. I have the weight all the way to fade and the face wide open. Nice to hear I'm not the only one that has this issue with misses from the sldr.[/quote]

In my experience, bad toe shots with the bio + result in a snap push draw that goes down the middle and only loses about 20 yards of distance. Most forgiving driver on the toe I've ever used.
[/quote]

You sir, need to get a commission check because it's VERY possible you just sold another BC+. Forgiveness on toe hits is exactly what I'm looking for. I don't think I have a single mark on any of my clubs towards the heel, and I don't want the usual snap hook result :(

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1399996579' post='9286593']
[quote name='black03svtcobra' timestamp='1399595489' post='9260361'][quote name='gardemyr' timestamp='1399552098' post='9255683']

For me I was getting very similar distance out of the 2 drivers (SLDR carried just slightly further)....but the Bio Cell + was usually 5-10 yds further. Both had very penetrating ball flights. The deal changer for me was this....on my mishits with the SLDR it almost always gave me a really bad pull/pull-hook, which left me with bad second shots. With the Bio Cell Plus, my misses were a slight fade, but still in the fairway & nice second shots. The Bio Cell without a doubt for me is way more forgiving.

I'll add in another thing to ponder for you....I also have the regular Bio Cell with an Oban Kiyoshi Gold and it is every bit the beast that the Plus is for me...but even more forgiving than the plus. I am playing "Point & Shoot" with the regular Bio Cell.
[/quote]

Thank you for that input eddiebigeddie! Now Im even more intrigued by the Cobra Cell+! I have the exact problem on misshits with my SLDR, last couple of rounds I had so many quick hooks with bad lies for my second shots I came to the sense of needing a driver with forgiveness all over the face.

Haha ok, damn! I think the standard Bio Cell could be really good too with a nice shaft but here In Sweden it's really hard to come by any aftermarket shafts for a reasonable price. But worth looking into! This monday I hopefully have time to go a golfstore and check out the Bio Cell line :)
[/quote]

Hearing this is making me get this driver. I am having the same problem with my sldr the misses are hooks /snap hooks it's just crazy and I don't understand it. I have the weight all the way to fade and the face wide open. Nice to hear I'm not the only one that has this issue with misses from the sldr.[/quote]

In my experience, bad toe shots with the bio + result in a snap push draw that goes down the middle and only loses about 20 yards of distance. Most forgiving driver on the toe I've ever used.
[/quote]

You sir, need to get a commission check because it's VERY possible you just sold another BC+. Forgiveness on toe hits is exactly what I'm looking for. I don't think I have a single mark on any of my clubs towards the heel, and I don't want the usual snap hook result :(
[/quote]

If it means anything, I've had the Amp Cell Pro in the bag for over a year, demo'd the Bio Cell + on multiple occasion and I just switched to the Bio Cell Pro last week.

I've missed off the toe with all 3 drivers, and each time it results in the same thing. I don't get the snap, but it comes out as a low spinning push draw that finds the fairway and rolls... and rolls... and rolls...

A few weeks back, I hit a drive with my ACP. It was a perfect mid-high cut, straight out of the middle of the face, just like I was looking for. Then I pulled out the BC+ to compare, thinking that the first drive I hit would be a great bench mark. I hit it a bit off the toe, and got that low spinning push draw down the left center of the fairway. I shrugged it off and figured I'd just pick it up on the way to my first tee shot. To my surprise, the toe miss with the BC+ ended up being 6 yards longer than the good shot with the ACP. That thing must have rolled for 50 yards. I have since seen similar results with the Bio Cell Pro.

Cobra's E9 face is the real deal. Misses hit lower off the heel and higher off the toe are punished FAR less than with any other driver I've tried. It's not a characteristic of any single head, either. Like I said, the ACP, BC+ and BCP all gave me similar results on miss hits. If you need the forgiveness off the toe, just find the Cobra driver, with an E9 face, that gives you the best numbers. You won't regret it.

TaylorMade Driver
Tour Edge Exotics Fairways
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/951653-mikey-towns-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

now that I've had a few rounds with this driver...

sound/feel - very solid at impact, still a bit higher-pitched than i would've expected (completely ball dependent - rocks=loud, prov=muted)

forgiveness - much more than you'd expect from a smaller headed driver, misses still go a very long way and in play

overall performance - been seeing a mid-high ball flight that just keeps going and never wants to come down...when it does it still gets some roll. i will say this - the #'s i've seen on trackman/GC2 prior to buying this driver are accurate. distances i have not seen in other driver, come often and more consistent with this bio+. i've been in places off the tee i haven't ever dreamt of on a few holes on different courses. this driver is LONG. i'd say a fair estimate is a solid 265-270 into the wind, 290-300 in no wind, and 300+ downwind (all total numbers, including carry). i will take more measurements via golfshot with this to confirm, (it's just a PITA) as i know in the internet-golfer universe these numbers might be challenged or seen as 'yea, ok.'.

if anyone is going to look for a driver that will get you a higher ball flight with less spin - check out this combo. also, if you need even LESS spin (such as myself), check out finding one with a kiyoshi gold. i will shortly be picking one up to do a side-by-side comparison.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
From talks with clubfitters and my own experience, generally, too short of a finished length can have you hitting it out toward the toe, and too long a finished length can cause heel hits. You might want to consider going a little longer with the shaft length. It is possible you might need a little longer club if you consistently hit toward the toe.

[quote name='Mikey Town' timestamp='1399999704' post='9286917']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If it means anything, I've had the Amp Cell Pro in the bag for over a year, demo'd the Bio Cell + on multiple occasion and I just switched to the Bio Cell Pro last week.

I've missed off the toe with all 3 drivers, and each time it results in the same thing. I don't get the snap, but it comes out as a low spinning push draw that finds the fairway and rolls... and rolls... and rolls...

A few weeks back, I hit a drive with my ACP. It was a perfect mid-high cut, straight out of the middle of the face, just like I was looking for. Then I pulled out the BC+ to compare, thinking that the first drive I hit would be a great bench mark. I hit it a bit off the toe, and got that low spinning push draw down the left center of the fairway. I shrugged it off and figured I'd just pick it up on the way to my first tee shot. To my surprise, the toe miss with the BC+ ended up being 6 yards longer than the good shot with the ACP. That thing must have rolled for 50 yards. I have since seen similar results with the Bio Cell Pro.

Cobra's E9 face is the real deal. Misses hit lower off the heel and higher off the toe are punished FAR less than with any other driver I've tried. It's not a characteristic of any single head, either. Like I said, the ACP, BC+ and BCP all gave me similar results on miss hits. If you need the forgiveness off the toe, just find the Cobra driver, with an E9 face, that gives you the best numbers. You won't regret it.
[/quote]

Mikey is Cobra's best employee but doesn't get paid...kind of like Milton from Office Space...LOL...but I'm sold on the Cobra stuff. Getting a + and maybe a pro because we all need 2 drivers.

[quote name='mr_divots' timestamp='1400011651' post='9288349']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
From talks with clubfitters and my own experience, generally, too short of a finished length can have you hitting it out toward the toe, and too long a finished length can cause heel hits. You might want to consider going a little longer with the shaft length. It is possible you might need a little longer club if you consistently hit toward the toe.
[/quote]

While probably good advice, toe hits come in all forms for me whether the club is 45.5" or 44.5" so length isn't it. I think it has more to do with me slightly standing up towards impact causing the hands to come in a little bit.

You should see the sweet wear marks I have on some of my irons with the consistency of my toe hits. It's disturbing.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='Mikey Town' timestamp='1399999704' post='9286917']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I witnessed these toe shots in person. Its the real deal!! :taunt:

[quote name='kekoa' timestamp='1400016862' post='9288933']

I witnessed these toe shots in person. Its the real deal!! :taunt:

[/quote]

LMAO!

If only I could have hit one out of the middle to compare the two.

TaylorMade Driver
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/951653-mikey-towns-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

How does the bio cell pro compare to the +. I owned the cell+ earlier in the season, but for some reason mine sounded like the one from the crossfield video, so I got rid of it. I'm bagging the SLDR and really like it, but I need at least 3 drivers. Hahaha. I still have my ACP from last year as well. I'm going to pick up another + or a pro.

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

[quote name='Hookasaurus Rex' timestamp='1400018537' post='9289081']
How does the bio cell pro compare to the +. I owned the cell+ earlier in the season, but for some reason mine sounded like the one from the crossfield video, so I got rid of it. I'm bagging the SLDR and really like it, but I need at least 3 drivers. Hahaha. I still have my ACP from last year as well. I'm going to pick up another + or a pro.
[/quote]

They are very close. Personally, I like the look, sound and feel of the BCP better than the BC+.

I also have an ACP. With the exact same shaft, the BCP is lower launching and lower spinning than the ACP, with similar forgiveness.

At the end of the day, If you like the look, sound and feel of the ACP, but you prefer the performance characteristics of the BC+, then you will LOVE the BCP... especially if you want a black crown (which I did).

TaylorMade Driver
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)

After reading all the hoop-la about this driver, I broke my number one rule in purchasing golf equipment - I bought one online without testing it (not smart - I know). Mind you, I have not bought a new driver in almost 10 years. Every other piece of equipment has been replaced - but not my driver. I always thought I was fairly happy with my driver, mainly because on center hits - I was always longer than everyone else I played with (by a lot). But she was an unforgiving mistress, and I have finally come to a point in this little hobby of ours that I would rather hit my second shot from the short grass rather than show off...but I digress :-)

Back to the plus - it arrived on Saturday (black, stock 6Q3 red tie in X flex), and I promptly took her to the range to get acquainted. Started out at 9.5, moved to 10.5, then 10.5d - that was the ticket. I did not think I was any longer than my old driver, but my drive's were dead straight. Surprisingly, I could work the ball amazingly and equally well, nice draw or power fade. Long and straight (except when I intentionally wanted to shape the ball), what more could I ask for? So I came away from the range mildly encouraged! But range is one thing - the course is quite another...

Well, today was the true test. Got out early to beat the heat - and from the very first drive on the first tee - I knew this driver was something special. Ended up missing only 2 fairways all day, and both were in the first cut of rough (long, through the fairway). Caught a couple off the toe, they still ended up long and straight. I could not believe it. Honestly, I felt like I was cheating. This was probably in my top 3 rounds all time for driving the golf ball, and I've been golfing for better than 20 years. I can hardly wait until my next round with this stick.

In my case, to say that this club performs is a complete understatement. I was amazed what I was able to do with this club today, and I am not a low handicap player. I am also not one to "gush" about equipment. I never even considered Cobra equipment before - I am primarily a Callaway/Ping player. But again (for me), this club is a game changer. If you are in the market for a new driver, do yourself a favor and give this driver a look. Truly outstanding driver IMHO...

[quote name='Mikey Town' timestamp='1400019900' post='9289217']
[quote name='Hookasaurus Rex' timestamp='1400018537' post='9289081']
[/quote]

They are very close. Personally, I like the look, sound and feel of the BCP better than the BC+.

I also have an ACP. With the exact same shaft, the BCP is lower launching and lower spinning than the ACP, with similar forgiveness.

At the end of the day, If you like the look, sound and feel of the ACP, but you prefer the performance characteristics of the BC+, then you will LOVE the BCP... especially if you want a black crown (which I did).
[/quote]

Sounds like a plan. I much prefer the sound and feel of the ACP to the bio cell +. My BC+ sounded terrible. I also like the all black crown of the pro.

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”