Official Bio Cell + Thread

pollock21

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had my 1st round today with the Bio Cell+
(Played it yesterday, but was in a scramble, so you know how that goes)
1st hole, middle of the fairway, there is a "slope" that sits about 100 yards out...
Up until lately my good drives have been coming up short, or right on top of it...
Felt like I bunted, fresh out of the truck (running late) was about 30 yards over it...
Hit a couple good drives, nothing really too great..
Then on 9, about 1-1.5 clubs downwind, UNCORKED at 336 yard BOMB!!!
Longest drive at my home course on that hole I can remember!!
Hit it great on the back 9 until my back started really bothering me for reasons unknown...
But I am REALLY excited about the way I'm hitting it already...
I hit the LM with it set to 11*... I switch to 10.5D this morning, & really felt like I hit it better...
Thoughts?

PING 410+ Alta 10.5
Callaway Flash SZ HZRDS Smoke 15*
TEE CBX 20*
PING i500 4-6, iBlade 7-PW DG S300 120’s
PING 2.0 Stealth 50ss 54ss 60ss
PING Redwood Anser

Don't worry Ron... I still own the 5-wood.... It's up on the mantle doing it's best impression of wall art

[quote name='Rock Chalk Jayhawk' timestamp='1399122112' post='9223397']
[quote name='sopel10' timestamp='1399088035' post='9222389']I will be going to a Cobra demo at a local golf course. Some questions:

1. I will love seeing the ball flight, but do the also come with trackman?
2. Must try shaft? Swing speed 108 mph.

Thx[/quote]

My SS is right around yours, and I fit perfectly in the Red Tie stiff. Obviously, YMMV.
[/quote]

Red Tie stiff ended up being the best option. PXV was somewhat comparable but felt too light for me.

Funny fact: They had a long drive contest measured by whatever golf galaxy uses? Smoked first one, easily 260 carry, the machine showed 220. Second one I hit it so so, with a fade, machine showed 260.....I just started laughing. ;)

Bettinardi Golf Kuchar #2
Callaway Razr Hawk
Callaway Razr Hawk 3W
TaylorMade SLDR 19H
Mizuno JPX 825-Pro 4-Pw
Wedges: undecided

Didn't realize there was an entire Bio Cell+ thread going on here, but I'm glad I found it. I was at the store today and one of the staff suggested I try this. Never hit a driver that long and straight on the sim, even compared to the SLDR. I've been on these Foresights any times and have had experience with Trackman outdoors and have a good baseline. In any case I really want to try one outside, but first impressions, even with the stock shaft were very good. Great ballspeed and dispersion, felt really nicely balanced, and I liked the look and feel of it. Still a funky look, but I can get over it.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

I got mine today (red tie in stiff) and took it out to the course after hitting it on the range. I settled on 10.5 as that right loft. This driver feels so much better than my R1 (with stock stiff). Definitely more forgiving on mishits, seems to go almost as far. When striped, this thing is super long! Definitely loving it.

Ping G430LST Driver 

Ping G430LST 3 wood 
Ping G430 2 and 4 hybrids
Miura TB 5-P

Miura wedges 51,55,59
Sik DW

Officially changing my opinion on this driver, got to hit a black/white set to 10.5 (fade setting via tour adapter) with GDI 9003 shaft tipped appropriately and was very impressed, just goes to show that opinion of suitability of a club can greatly change if set up correctly.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

I traded my SLDR in for a + w/Red Tie. It wasn't even in consideration but after hitting it on the launch monitor seeing the numbers I decided to give it a shot. I have 3 rounds with it so far and it's a great club. Pretty forgiving and when hit on the screws very long. This is the first new driver I've purchased in a long time (a lot come from the BST) and it's firmly in the bag.

All Clubs subject to change relative to my last bad round of golf......

Anyone hit this with motore speeder vc 7.3? I will do a write up soon. Just got one in an X and plays 44.5" love this driver in the red tie and thought I would give this a go. Played one round with the shaft in the regular bi cell and it helped wake it up some. Curious if anyone has hit this combo yet?

Epic SZ T1100 75 6.5
913 FD 15* d+ White
915H D+ 80
Cally Apex C-Taper
Vokey SM6
Bettinardi BB37

I have a silver Bio+ with white tie in X...played my first 3 rounds with it this weekend and have to say it has (for now) booted my R1...VERY long off the tee and alot more forgiving than i thought it would be. only issue i've seen is that it tends to launch a bit high for my taste - put it down to 8.5*D and it is perfect.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

[quote name='Golfingfanatic' timestamp='1399301948' post='9234899']
Has anyone tried the bio cell+ with a tour ad bb?
[/quote]

Wondering the exact same thing. I saw Blixt hitting what I thought was a regular bio cell with a BB on the range at Augusta this year and it just went forever, he wasn't even hitting it well. I'm guessing it was the new pro head but still, it just carried and carried. Not to mention how sweet it looks with the blue head.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4
Fairway: TSi2 3 & 5 PX RDX Black 6.5
Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 3 4-P
Wedges: Zipcore Tour Rack 50/54/60
Putter: 2021 Ping Tyne CS

[/quote]

That's the set up I will have soon. Have the shaft now, just waiting on the right deal for the head

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

[quote name='Kylekoz17' timestamp='1399347497' post='9240081']
[/quote]

That's the set up I will have soon. Have the shaft now, just waiting on the right deal for the head
[/quote]
Ha. I have the head and am awaiting arrival of the shaft. I'll post a review next week hopefully.

Posted this in the wrong thread initially, lol:

UPDATE: I am hitting some of the best drives of my career with the BC+/Red Tie. High, low spinning BOMBS that seem to cut through the wind. On Sunday was playing in 30MPH+ winds, hit a drive straight into the fan and it still was out there 240+. Well past my playing partners.

Love this driver.

9.5* Callaway Rogue ST Max / MR Tensei Blue 55

15* TaylorMade SIM Ti / MR Diamana Limited FW 75

17.5* TaylorMade GAPR Hi / KBS Hybrid

21* Callaway Mavrik Max TC / MR Kuro Kage Black TiNi

5-GW Cobra Forged Tec X / KBS Tour Lite

52, 58* Ping Glide 4.0 / ZZ 115

Odyssey White Hot Sabertooth

[quote name='Section ThirtyOne' timestamp='1399391170' post='9242479']

UPDATE: I am hitting some of the best drives of my career with the BC+/Red Tie. High, low spinning BOMBS that seem to cut through the wind. On Sunday was playing in 30MPH+ winds, hit a drive straight into the fan and it still was out there 240+. Well past my playing partners.

Love this driver.
[/quote]

i hear you on the wind-beater...this driver is great in the wind. if you get a chance next time when it's windy - i played this driver with a bridgestone tour B330 w/ dual dimples and it was as if the wind didn't exist.

have you found that you have to loft-down to account for the hieght? i have mine set to 8.5D and i'm still seeing dead straight 13-14* LA high bombs.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Guys I played this last night with the Speeder 7.3 vc TS and most of you will not want to know this but this was incredible combo. I was places off the tee I have never seen before and so straight incredible. Playing partners could not believe it this is awesome. Full review later

Epic SZ T1100 75 6.5
913 FD 15* d+ White
915H D+ 80
Cally Apex C-Taper
Vokey SM6
Bettinardi BB37

[quote name='Ajelzy' timestamp='1399401411' post='9243709']
Guys I played this last night with the Speeder 7.3 vc TS and most of you will not want to know this but this was incredible combo. I was places off the tee I have never seen before and so straight incredible. Playing partners could not believe it this is awesome. Full review later
[/quote]
What kind of ball flight were you seeing? what is your bio set to? (JW, looking for some options other than my white tie)

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

[quote name='Ajelzy' timestamp='1399401411' post='9243709']
[/quote]

Honestly, if the Foresight numbers were anything to go by, I'd be seeing places off the tee I'd never seen before even with the stock shaft, let alone a properly fit aftermarket shaft. I think this is one of those drivers that is just solid out of the box for most.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

[quote name='gioguy21' timestamp='1399397510' post='9243177']
[quote name='Section ThirtyOne' timestamp='1399391170' post='9242479']

Love this driver.
[/quote]

i hear you on the wind-beater...this driver is great in the wind. if you get a chance next time when it's windy - i played this driver with a bridgestone tour B330 w/ dual dimples and it was as if the wind didn't exist.

have you found that you have to loft-down to account for the hieght? i have mine set to 8.5D and i'm still seeing dead straight 13-14* LA high bombs.
[/quote]
I usually don't launch the ball that high, so I have it up at 11*. Enjoying the high ball flight right now. :D

In all honesty though, I will likely have to dial it down a bit. 9.5-10* should be about perfect.

9.5* Callaway Rogue ST Max / MR Tensei Blue 55

15* TaylorMade SIM Ti / MR Diamana Limited FW 75

17.5* TaylorMade GAPR Hi / KBS Hybrid

21* Callaway Mavrik Max TC / MR Kuro Kage Black TiNi

5-GW Cobra Forged Tec X / KBS Tour Lite

52, 58* Ping Glide 4.0 / ZZ 115

Odyssey White Hot Sabertooth

4A2A4712-4517-47E6-8264-C6DE64EB7232_zpsrcqkdjox.jpg

Pics coming.

I saw the bio cell plus at the pga store here in Dallas yesterday and some of them were offered with matching shaft/grip color combos. Ex red head, red tie(red color), and red grip. I cant seem to find anything on this on the cobra site but I will tell you the silver shaft with silver head and grey grip looked pretty sick

Ohhh, I'd like to see those... triple black would be my choice but all gray / silver sounds good too. For some reason I like the look of white shafts on the shelf but don't like seeing it through impact.

I desperately want to know how this happened and if it's possible with the black head??!?

Finally got my Bio Cell + last night. I'd hit one in store countless times before buying and fell in love with it almost immediately. I took it to the range today and this driver is an absolute animal! I have never hit the ball to the parts of the range I was bombing it to this afternoon. Ordered it and currently playing it with the 6Q3 Stiff set to 10.5* and this thing just hits high flat low spinning bombs! I was literally laughing after bouncing a few off the back fence.

A couple things I noticed:

- It's louder than I was expecting. In the store in the sim (Foresight GC2) it seemed to be much quieter. Not saying the sound is bad in any way it's just louder than I was expecting. Sounds like a louder 913D2 to me.

- I cannot believe how forgiving it is! That's saying something considering I just came from an 8.5* G25/Ahina X combo. To me my misses were actually BETTER than my G25. Off centre towards the toe, the ball barely lost any distance and was still very low spin. Off the heel and it still went straight-ish and carried a long way. Both misses would find all but the narrowest of fairways.

- Did I mention it was long? I tried it at 8.5* on the range and it still surprisingly gets up but the flight at 10.5* is something special. I've never played a driver at that loft because I always run into spin issues. This club has cured any of those issues and then some.

- The stock Matrix 6Q3 shaft is awesome! I've played X flex shafts for the past 5 years (108-112mph club head speed) and the stiff 6Q3 holds up just fine and feels very, very, smooth to me. I want one in my 4 wood.

- I've never been a Lamkin guy but the stock grip is really nice. I'd like to add a wrap to it so I'll see if I can pull it without wrecking it.

All in all this is without question the best driver I have ever hit. In the past 16 months I've played a 913D2 RIP 60a X at 8.75* which was straight but spun too much unless it was absolutely pured and a 8.5* G25 Ahina X which was significantly lower spin across the entire face than the Titleist with a little more forgiveness but was nowhere near as straight. The Bio Cell + is lower spin than both, as straight as the 913D2, seems as forgiving as the G25 and significantly longer than either. Before anyone jumps in and says that it could just be the honeymoon faze, I've been hitting this driver in our store for months. I work for a major golf retailer and typically test equipment on off hours for weeks and months before making a purchase (I have issues). After finally getting the Bio Cell + outside and seeing and feeling the results for myself I can say without question it's the best driver I've ever had the pleasure of swinging.

For those that are wondering my GC2 numbers last night when I picked it up were: 1900-2100rpm spin and 14-15* launch at an average of 112 mph club head speed. BOOM!!!

Taylormade M2 9.5* @ 7.5* Rogue 110 Silver 60x
Taylormade M2 15* VTS Red 75x
Ping Rapture DI 18* VTS Silver 85x
Ping S55 3-PW PX Flighted 6.0
Ping Glide 52* SS & Glide 58* SS
Ping Anser Milled #6 35"

[quote name='Ajelzy' timestamp='1399226075' post='9229699']
Anyone hit this with motore speeder vc 7.3? I will do a write up soon. Just got one in an X and plays 44.5" love this driver in the red tie and thought I would give this a go. Played one round with the shaft in the regular bi cell and it helped wake it up some. Curious if anyone has hit this combo yet?
[/quote]

Played the regular Bio Cell with the 6.3 TS and so far that has been the best combo. Much better than the stock shaft for me. SS ~116. I haven't found a 7.3 yet but I am on the look out for one. I prefer the heavier shaft but had a 6.3 and wanted to try it in the Cobra. I have a Bio Cell + on the way to give it a whirl.

Hmm...Today the bag will be...<br /><br />Cobra F9 or Ping 400 LST<br /><br />F9 w/ HZRD Yellow or 16* 3446-f-Matrix 8M2<br /><br />Cobra Baffler w/ HZRD<br /><br />Machine M2A Long Neck SS Copper Insert Hand Peened<br /><br />Mizuno MP-55 & MP-5 w/ SF 110 CW<br /><br />SRIXON 765/965 5-PW w SF i95 Stiff

[quote name='ekimox' timestamp='1399433352' post='9247473']
For those that are wondering my GC2 numbers last night when I picked it up were: 1900-2100rpm spin and 14-15* launch at an average of 112 mph club head speed. BOOM!!![/quote]

Have you tried a lower loft setting? With your SS, the new track man optimizations would like to see you at 10-11 launch. Lowering loft 1.5-3 deg could get you there. If you like high bombs or play a soft course, you can disregard this.

I've found a little deviation in the sound of my driver. This thing is really affected by the ball and temperature. Hitting pro v1 x's sound great. Hex blacks and rzn x's have a much louder and higher pitched sound similar to crossfields in the video. I also noticed it to be a little louder in colder temps than hotter. Curious to see if anyone else has noticed the change in sound due to the ball.

[quote name='pollock21' timestamp='1399479518' post='9250451']I've found a little deviation in the sound of my driver. This thing is really affected by the ball and temperature. Hitting pro v1 x's sound great. Hex blacks and rzn x's have a much louder and higher pitched sound similar to crossfields in the video. I also noticed it to be a little louder in colder temps than hotter. Curious to see if anyone else has noticed the change in sound due to the ball.[/quote]

I can echo those observations. Had our first real warm day in KC (80+ deg) since I got the bio+, and it sounded much more muted than in the past. When I first got it, it sounded similar to Mark Crossfields from his video review.

I honestly believe this bio cell line, especially the plus, will go down as one of the best drivers of the year. The combination of length, feel, and forgiveness are second to none.

[quote name='pollock21' timestamp='1399509344' post='9253423']
I honestly believe this bio cell line, especially the plus, will go down as one of the best drivers of the year. The combination of length, feel, and forgiveness are second to none.
[/quote]

Getting some superb reviews, almost across the board.

Taylormade SIM Max  – 10.5°
Taylormade M4  – 16.5°
Titleist 818H1 - 22.5°
Titleist AP1 718 – 4-P
Titleist AP1 718 – 48°
Cleveland CBX – 54°
Taylormade EF – 60° 
Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H   

[quote name='Rock Chalk Jayhawk' timestamp='1399470455' post='9249275']
[quote name='ekimox' timestamp='1399433352' post='9247473']
For those that are wondering my GC2 numbers last night when I picked it up were: 1900-2100rpm spin and 14-15* launch at an average of 112 mph club head speed. BOOM!!![/quote]

Have you tried a lower loft setting? With your SS, the new track man optimizations would like to see you at 10-11 launch. Lowering loft 1.5-3 deg could get you there. If you like high bombs or play a soft course, you can disregard this.
[/quote]

I have but only briefly. I do love the high bombs as I've never been able to find a driver/shaft combo that does both without spinning. The Bio Cell + is that club for me. I'll get it on the GC2 again and mess with the loft to see what I can come up with.

[quote name='pollock21' timestamp='1399479518' post='9250451']
I've found a little deviation in the sound of my driver. This thing is really affected by the ball and temperature. Hitting pro v1 x's sound great. Hex blacks and rzn x's have a much louder and higher pitched sound similar to crossfields in the video. I also noticed it to be a little louder in colder temps than hotter. Curious to see if anyone else has noticed the change in sound due to the ball.
[/quote]

I had the club on the course tonight and you are totally right. With my ProV1x's the sound is far more muted. Still powerful but much more subdued and sounds incredible. At the range with the rocks it's pretty darn loud :) I haven't tried it with any other balls yet. Man I love this driver.

Taylormade M2 9.5* @ 7.5* Rogue 110 Silver 60x
Taylormade M2 15* VTS Red 75x
Ping Rapture DI 18* VTS Silver 85x
Ping S55 3-PW PX Flighted 6.0
Ping Glide 52* SS & Glide 58* SS
Ping Anser Milled #6 35"

Sounds like the Bio Cell + is one very good performing driver! Haven't had any chance to try it yet.

I'm thinking about selling my SLDR for something more forgiving but with still low spin. Couple of questions for you who have played with the cell+, how does it compare to say the SLDR, cobra zl encore? I have always played a 460cc head what difference can I expect from Bio cell+ 440cc?

[b][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Taylormade M2 with Project Hzrdus Black[/font][/b]
[b][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 915F 16.5°[/font][/b]
[b][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist T-MB 3i
Titleist AP2 716 4-PW
Callaway MD3 50, 54, 58[/font][/b]
[b][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Evnroll ER2[/font][/b]