Official Bio Cell + Thread

pollock21

4A2A4712-4517-47E6-8264-C6DE64EB7232_zpsrcqkdjox.jpg

Pics coming.

I saw the bio cell plus at the pga store here in Dallas yesterday and some of them were offered with matching shaft/grip color combos. Ex red head, red tie(red color), and red grip. I cant seem to find anything on this on the cobra site but I will tell you the silver shaft with silver head and grey grip looked pretty sick

Ohhh, I'd like to see those... triple black would be my choice but all gray / silver sounds good too. For some reason I like the look of white shafts on the shelf but don't like seeing it through impact.

WOW!!!!!!!! :idhitit:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the pic Jimmie, very cool.

I spent a bunch more time on the monitor with both the Bio Cell and the Bio Cell+ last night. I would like to try the Bio Cell with a different shaft, the only club they had on the rack at Golfsmith had a regular flex PXv that felt too long and whippy and I couldn't find the Cobra wrench to swap it with the stiff Red Tie from the BC+. They didn't appear to have any other wood shafts to try in the Cobra fitting bag either, which I thought was odd.

Regardless, I came away very impressed with both clubs again. I've grown to love the looks of the black BC+, but I think I would opt for the increased forgiveness of the regular BC with a different shaft in it. Even with the R-flex PXv, I was consistently getting around 2500 rpm backspin with both clubs, slightly higher ball speed with the BC+ but better dispersion with the regular BC. Feel and sound on both clubs are excellent, definitely not piercing or loud just a nice crack / thwap. Next time I go I'm definitely going to track down the Cobra wrench so I can play around with settings. I hit 153 ball speed with the BC+ on a couple that I nutted, which is stellar for me.

Titleist TSR3
Titleist TSR2 3 Wood
Titleist TSR2 3-4 Hybrids
PXG Gen3 P, Nippon NS Pro
PXG Sugar Daddy 54/60
Scotty GoLo

Mark Crossfield's driver was clearly broken or flawed in some way. Here is a more accurate representation of the sound I've heard from 5-6 different BioCell + drivers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsLuy5Ue8CU

Callaway 816 DBD 9° Speeder TS
Titleist 915f 15° Diamana Blue
Callaway Apex Pro hybrid 3/20°
Callaway Apex Pro '16 4-A, Modus 120-TS
Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie

This head has me wanting. I am still happy with my 9064 LS, but this is the first year the industry offerings have me wanting. Inline the looks of the SLDR and the Bio Cell +

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

Actually surprised there isn't more hype around this offering.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

I've spent time over the past 6 weeks hitting everything new for this season. I was commited to the SLDR/Oban until I hit the BC+.
The feel and sound are the best of any new offerings for the past several years. Mark Crossfield's demo club has a much different sound than the one I purchase or any of the other BC+ drivers I've hit...The SLDR felt nice on center strikes, but that was it for me.It ddn't feel great. A bit tinny, as well, but not ovely, just a sound I don't prefer. The SLDR also had great numbers when I nutted the ball, but I miss the center slightly, quite often and lost distance on the miss-hits compare to the BC+. Over all better dispersion with the BC+ too.
The BC+ was a last minute trial, as I wasn't content with the color/styles of the Cobra Line, initially. However, once I picked up the Black version of the BC+, I became more open to the looks-not as Flashy as the Red , Orange or other choices.
At address, the headshape and size looks right to me. I find the Black face and crown, seperated by the white along the perimiter of the top crownline frames the ball better for me and helps me set up square to my target line. Normally, I've been a mainstream Black club head guys-TL310-913D3-R1 black(hated the white R1 paint scheme), so I was aprehensive with this change, but I love it now.
Feel of the stock Matrix Stiff was wonderful and spin rate was 2400 with 15.4 launch average. Swing speed was 111 avg with 164 avg ball speed. I also lofted up from 9.5 to 10.5 with the BC+. I just picked up the White tie in an X-flex to mess with, thinking I'd up the loft to 11 and see what happens with the spin na dlaunch numbers, but fear it may be too much for me-my preference is for a softer feel and I have a medium tempo, so I was happy with the Stiff. Odd, since I normally play the -Stiff flexes. I also may try my KuroKage 70X in it, but the Matrix stock is a great shaft, for sure. Definitely hard to beat for some one who may only get 18-20 rounds in a year.
Although the looks are a stark contrast to what many of us prefer, I urge anyone who hasn't hit the Bio Cell line to do so. You're missing out if you don't.
The Bio Cell head looked a bit larger than the Bio Cell +, so I didn't hit it-again, just my personal preference, nothing else- but the solid head color and over all head shape looked nice.
Rox

2023 in the Bag!

Rogue Max Ls 9°/HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 6.5 70<br  />TSi2 15°/Aldila Green 75X<br/>Epic Flash 21°/Tour Green 75X<br/>Maltby TS1-iM 4-6 iron Modus 115X<br/>

Honma 747V/DG120-S400 7-PW<br/>Jaws 50°, 54° & 58°/DG Tour Issue S400<br/>Scotty Cameron 5.5M<br />Callaway Chrome Soft and
Sun Moutain C130/ClicGear Rovic cart with Alphard E-Wheels V2

Backups:

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB/DG120 S400 Tour Issue 5-PW

I got my adapter off eBay. Can't remember the seller but it was supposedly tour ban and the seller had 100% feedback. Works fine so no complaints. These adapters are all one piece so switching them out is a piece of cake.

I have the stock white tie in x sitting around if bygone is looking.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4
Fairway: TSi2 3 & 5 PX RDX Black 6.5
Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 3 4-P
Wedges: Zipcore Tour Rack 50/54/60
Putter: 2021 Ping Tyne CS

[quote name='tmcbigblue' timestamp='1395589589' post='8931037']
Anyone tried this head with the [b]Diammana D+[/b] you can get at no up charge? How is this combo?
[/quote]
Have the black head with this shaft on the way. Should look pretty sinister! Nice there are 3 shaft options. I was tempted to go with the Matrix, but the spin spec just said "mid" on the website. D+ is a weight and torque spec along what I normally use. Firmer butt end than whiteboard sounds good to me.
Can't wait to see how the + stacks up to the ZLE, which was a severely underrated head if paired with a good shaft.

I posted in the bio cell thread, but figured I'd post here as well. Been playing an amp cell at 10.5 with a kuro kage stiff shaft. Was pretty happy with that whole setup. I hit it long and straight enough.. .. But I wanted a bio cell +. I bought one with the stock red tie in stiff, set it to 10.5 but can barely get a ball airborne past 190 and nowhere near straight. I assume the shaft is to blame here. Any recommendations on a shaft for this head that will play similar to the kuro kage in my Amp cell?

[quote name='fsutanker' timestamp='1397000791' post='9050049']
I posted in the bio cell thread, but figured I'd post here as well. Been playing an amp cell at 10.5 with a kuro kage stiff shaft. Was pretty happy with that whole setup. I hit it long and straight enough.. .. But I wanted a bio cell +. I bought one with the stock red tie in stiff, set it to 10.5 but can barely get a ball airborne past 190 and nowhere near straight. I assume the shaft is to blame here. Any recommendations on a shaft for this head that will play similar to the kuro kage in my Amp cell?
[/quote]

If you are comparing the Amp Cell (not the Amp Cell Pro) to the Bio Cell +, then you are comparing two very different heads.

The Bio Cell + (similar to the Amp Cell pro) is designed to be a lower launching, lower spinning head, for players with higher club head speeds.

If the Amp Cell was a good fit for you, then it is not a surprise that the Bio Cell + is not a good fit for you. In fact, if that is the case, the Bio Cell + [i]shouldn't [/i]be a good fit for you... regardless of what shaft you have in it. If you want something from the current line, you should probably be looking into the Bio Cell, not the Bio Cell +.

TaylorMade Driver
Tour Edge Exotics Fairways
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/951653-mikey-towns-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='station2station' timestamp='1395971303' post='8965813']
Mark Crossfield's driver was clearly broken or flawed in some way. Here is a more accurate representation of the sound I've heard from 5-6 different BioCell + drivers:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsLuy5Ue8CU[/media]
[/quote]

He is the closest ive seen anyone get to 17* 1700. I have one on the way, hope I can get close.

Complete Overhaul In Progress (might be epic)
Iblades 3-pw px 6.0
Vokey SM5 50*
MD2 56* and 60*
Rife Iconic
Bushnell Pro X7
b330s

"I read greens on a 3rd Grade Level"

[quote name='mr_divots' timestamp='1397061810' post='9054739']
^ Like that guy a lot better than Crossfield.
Nice #'s. I wonder if the slightly heavy swingweight slowed him down a touch with the ball speed. Mine comes in at D6 in this same setup. That's fairly heavy.
[/quote]

Yeah I thought he was more interesting than Crossfield as well. Im hoping for an increase in swing weight. My BioCell/ Ahina combo is coming in a little too light.

Iblades 3-pw px 6.0
Vokey SM5 50*
MD2 56* and 60*
Rife Iconic
Bushnell Pro X7
b330s

[quote name='wcm115' timestamp='1397064918' post='9055117']
Nice #'s. I wonder if the slightly heavy swingweight slowed him down a touch with the ball speed. Mine comes in at D6 in this same setup. That's fairly heavy.
[/quote]

Yeah I thought he was more interesting than Crossfield as well. Im hoping for an increase in swing weight. My BioCell/ Ahina combo is coming in a little too light.
[/quote]

Yo, hope the club gets to you soon.

I bought the + based on these videos (and the fact that it is pretty cheap) as a fun experiment. I had a shootout with my G25 and I like to think of it as Darth Vader's helmet vs Stormtrooper's helmet.

Bio Cell + for me is a reincarnation of the Callaway Razor Fit Extreme. I hit the longest drive of my life with the RFE. The + looks miles better, and might feel a little better in my opinion. Warm 70 degree morning, no wind, I hit some absolute bombs with the + on the range. Good ones were flying out of the range about 270, which I can do every once in a while with other drivers, but it seemed a bit more consistantly with the +. The problem was that I am a tweener as far as S and X shafts go and I bought the X red tie. It was just a bit too much for me to handle. My hands were tired and I was def over-swinging and wild with it. I think the D+ in stiff would have been fun to try, but I don't have unlimited funds to play with right now.

Since I can't afford to play around with shafts or have multiple drivers I had to keep one and sell the other. I decided to keep my gamer G25 just because I'm more used to it and I hit it pretty straight. I'm kind of second guessing my decision now, will probably be looking for a + with a D+ shaft sometime down the road.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

[quote name='halfsumo' timestamp='1397070946' post='9055755']
[quote name='wcm115' timestamp='1397064918' post='9055117']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yo, hope the club gets to you soon.

I bought the + based on these videos (and the fact that it is pretty cheap) as a fun experiment. I had a shootout with my G25 and I like to think of it as Darth Vader's helmet vs Stormtrooper's helmet.

Bio Cell + for me is a reincarnation of the Callaway Razor Fit Extreme. I hit the longest drive of my life with the RFE. The + looks miles better, and might feel a little better in my opinion. Warm 70 degree morning, no wind, I hit some absolute bombs with the + on the range. Good ones were flying out of the range about 270, which I can do every once in a while with other drivers, but it seemed a bit more consistantly with the +. The problem was that I am a tweener as far as S and X shafts go and I bought the X red tie. It was just a bit too much for me to handle. My hands were tired and I was def over-swinging and wild with it. I think the D+ in stiff would have been fun to try, but I don't have unlimited funds to play with right now.

Since I can't afford to play around with shafts or have multiple drivers I had to keep one and sell the other. I decided to keep my gamer G25 just because I'm more used to it and I hit it pretty straight. I'm kind of second guessing my decision now, will probably be looking for a + with a D+ shaft sometime down the road.
[/quote]

I think it is supposed to be here on Friday. Thanks for the fast shipping. Im excited. I have the ahina 70x to battle against the red tie. I also have a d+ 62x in an old amp cell pro that i am going to try out if i need something a little less stout. Ill post my results on this thread.

Iblades 3-pw px 6.0
Vokey SM5 50*
MD2 56* and 60*
Rife Iconic
Bushnell Pro X7
b330s

Round one in the books yesterday with the + Red Tie stiff. Very nice club. I don't have the wrench yet, but might not need it. 9.5 setting played perfectly for me (coming from a 10.5 in many other heads of late.) Strong flight, nice carry. Course was a little soggy, so roll out was limited, but still got some. Plays more forgiving than the 440cc's would suggest. Had a few drives on my home course that were getting close to the mythical longest ever on those holes. I'm only getting older, so that is a nice thing. Had one measure at 310 yards with a little tail wind. Other than that, consistent carry distance around 265-270 with a little roll after. Managed 3 birdies on the day, of which I got on in two with legit eagle putts on two par 5's. 38-38-76. Nice first round of the year, and the club performed great and has a nice sound. Likes to hit a little cut, but you can turn it over (I toed it closed just a hair to turn it over.) Don't find it to be low launch which was mentioned above. Gets up pretty easy, but no balloon balls at all. Even put my Forged Pro CB's in the bag which I hadn't bagged in a couple seasons. I'd play this setup for the rest of the season if I had to. Easy. Only thing I might say is a negative is that I felt the D6 swingweight. Miss tended to be high right with the added weight. Pretty typical for me with heavier setups. D3+ to D4 is usually where I keep it. But it feels like an absolute sledgehammer at impact. Very powerful. Red Tie shaft is very stable and smooth at the same time. Great combo.

• 2 weeks later...

So, is the Red Tie the aftermarket version with a different paint job? Not that it matters to me, but I'd like to know if it's basically a higher launching version of the Black Tie and not a made for version that I have no idea how it will play. I've been going back and forth between this and the CT 2.0 and after seeing the + in person today. I may just have to take the plunge. Very good shape and I love the deep face. Not sure about the color scheme, but hey, as long as it performs I'm good with it.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

[quote name='radiman' timestamp='1398112866' post='9138637']
So, is the Red Tie the aftermarket version with a different paint job? Not that it matters to me, but I'd like to know if it's basically a higher launching version of the Black Tie and not a made for version that I have no idea how it will play. I've been going back and forth between this and the CT 2.0 and after seeing the + in person today. I may just have to take the plunge. Very good shape and I love the deep face. Not sure about the color scheme, but hey, as long as it performs I'm good with it.
[/quote]

Its the real deal just with a custom paint job to fit the clubs. I think the color scheme will grow on you. It is something different, which is nice.

Anyone compare the bio cell+ with the red tie and diamana d+ shaft? I haven't found anywhere to hit the diamana d+ in it. I was getting pretty good numbers from the red tie though.

I have pretty much decided on the Bio Cell + at this point. Now I am just going back and forth as far as the shafts are concerned. I got to hit the standard Bio Cell on a sim that gives minimal data. Basically, if I can get a somewhat accurate ball speed and launch angle I am happy. Ball speeds were in the low 170's which would be pretty typical. And launch was in the 14 degree range. The thing that impressed me the most was the fact that I had the loft cranked all the way up and the clubhead did not appear closed at all. I couldn't believe it. Very impressive adjustment system. However, I am a little torn between a Stiff D+ or a X stiff Red Tie. I'm thinking the Red Tie will be very similar to the Kai'Li I've grown accustomed to. As previously mentioned, I was hoping someone with a little experience with both of them in this head could chime in. The biggest golf shop in my area does not have any demos of this club to try out. So, no X stiff shafts and only had the Red Tie. I'm guessing Cobra isn't a big seller around here. It's looking like this is going to be a buy before you try type of deal.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

I have the red tie X in mine and have an amp cell pro with the d+ 72x. I may pull the amp cell adapter and find me a bio cell adapter to try it out. So far so good with the +. I am coming from the Amp cell plus mentioned earlier as well as a RFE with multipe shafts and so far the Bio + is my favorite. I got the silver version and dont find it any more distracting than any white driver or R1 type of paint job. Never understood the R1 because it didnt help you align the ball at all. The + frames the ball and helps you square the face IMO. I will do some more testing and report back once I get the diamana shafted up.