Official Bio Cell + Thread

pollock21

[quote name='mr_divots' timestamp='1398181948' post='9144031']
The D+ might be really heavy overall. The Red Tie swingweights at D6 @ 45.25" and is 62 grams. Adding 12g with the D+ could be quite heavy feeling, depending on the balance point of that shaft.
[/quote]

Thanks, that's good to know. So, if I ordered a Bio Cell + with the Diamana, Cobra would not do anything in order to keep the swing weight in the same range?

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know absolutely nothing at all about Cobra, but am a believer.

We had a demo day yesterday at the club. Unfortunately I was only able to catch the last 20 mins and was in a rush.

I was thoroughly impressed with the new Amp Cell Pro irons.

The new fw are killer. The ball just jumps off the face. Unreal.

The Bio+ driver is awesome. It was weird coming off my 380 cc Yonex to the larger head but I'm gonna order a driver. I have a very flat swing and am a very low launch low spin guy 9* / 22-2400 (yeah I tee up high and use a lot of secondary to get some air). So he jacked up the head to 11* with the 62g Whiteboard. A great combo getting my launch up with the same low spin.

The rep suggested I go to last years model so I can get more toe down. Again I know nothing about Cobra- will last year's adapter work to toe down or do I go with last years head?

JBeam ZY-11 10* Basileus Alpha S / Crazy 435ii 10.5* Basileus AAA X
Tour Issue TM Superfast 2.0 TP 13.5* & 18* UST VTS SIlver 7S
Apex Pro Recoil 95 R // Steelhead XR Pro Recoil ES 760
Vega VM06 50 - 54 - 58 Shimada W
Slighter Auburn

[quote name='tmcbigblue' timestamp='1398220045' post='9148495']
Anyone know what kind of difference in spin between the red tie and the d+. I know the d+ is lower, but it would be nice to know how much lower.
[/quote]

Yea, and also which is lower launching. The diamana d+ should be lower launching, but you never know.

[quote name='Swoosh-Thud' timestamp='1398202741' post='9146427']
I know absolutely nothing at all about Cobra, but am a believer.

We had a demo day yesterday at the club. Unfortunately I was only able to catch the last 20 mins and was in a rush.

I was thoroughly impressed with the new Amp Cell Pro irons.

The new fw are killer. The ball just jumps off the face. Unreal.

The Bio+ driver is awesome. It was weird coming off my 380 cc Yonex to the larger head but I'm gonna order a driver. I have a very flat swing and am a very low launch low spin guy 9* / 22-2400 (yeah I tee up high and use a lot of secondary to get some air). So he jacked up the head to 11* with the 62g Whiteboard. A great combo getting my launch up with the same low spin.

The rep suggested I go to last years model so I can get more toe down. Again I know nothing about Cobra- will last year's adapter work to toe down or do I go with last years head?
[/quote]

I haven't actually tried surprisingly enough to swap shafts with last year's AMP and this year's BIO however last year's model was MyFly6 and this year is MyFly8. Each adjustment point in the adapter has a notch in it so I am guessing they are not interchangeable.

[quote name='radiman' timestamp='1398185296' post='9144425']
[quote name='mr_divots' timestamp='1398181948' post='9144031']
The D+ might be really heavy overall. The Red Tie swingweights at D6 @ 45.25" and is 62 grams. Adding 12g with the D+ could be quite heavy feeling, depending on the balance point of that shaft.
[/quote]

Thanks, that's good to know. So, if I ordered a Bio Cell + with the Diamana, Cobra would not do anything in order to keep the swing weight in the same range?
[/quote]
I'd run it past their customer service. Not sure if they have lighter heads at their disposal.

[quote name='gunmetal' timestamp='1398578338' post='9179405']
Wonder why none of the staffers are using the + plus?
[/quote]
They don't need that low spin. My guess is that the majority have been playing the Bio Cell Pro that comes out 4 days. 440cc but looks like a regular Bio Cell with less spin and lower lofts as well as fade settings.

For those with the plus, what is the shaft measurement from tip to grip? And those who have reshafted, how much length does the bio cell tip add?

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

[quote name='Rock Chalk Jayhawk' timestamp='1399027758' post='9216691']
[quote name='Kylekoz17' timestamp='1399003254' post='9216091']For those with the plus, what is the shaft measurement from tip to grip? And those who have reshafted, how much length does the bio cell tip add?[/quote]

I'm sure it's on the Cobra site, but I'll measure when I get home tonight.
[/quote]

Could only find installed length. Looking for uninstalled. Thanks!

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

I have the bio cell and bio cell + with the red tie and ahina 70x. Over the last week, I have tried to put them through a shootout. Everything has been on course, without launch monitors. Let me start by saying i really wanted my winning combination to the the bio cell+ (black and white) and the ahina. It looks awesome. Like my driver is dressed in a tuxedo. (spoiler: wasn't the winner)

I play off a 0.0 with a ss of around 110-112 and usually hit the driver pretty straight but with a little too much spin.

Bio Cell+ Ahina combo: By far the longest. It was dry that day and I had it set on 10.5. I was hitting knuckleballs. The problem was, and this has happened to me before. When I get a driver with too little spin, my dispersion starts going all over the place. For some reason I was missing left alot. When I hit the fairway it was 10 to 15 past all of the others, but about 50% of them were in the woods. Like I said earlier, I wanted to make this combination work, so I hit about 20 balls with different lofts and just couldnt hit it consistently. Now that I look back, it could have been the swing weight. The BioCell+ was noticeably heavier than the rest. It felt more like I was swinging a sledge hammer. Everything else about the combination was good, feel was excellent, distance awesome, Head profile was great (small footprint and deep). Just couldnt dial it in (maybe the new PRO will be the ticket)

BioCell+ Red tie combo. Long and straight. Not as pretty as with the ahina shaft in there, but a solid overall combination. About 10 yds shorter than with the ahina on the same setting with more spin. Dispersion was alot better. Hit the fairway most of the time and the ones I missed with were playable. Looked like my peak height on my drives was about 10 yards higher than with the ahina combo. Overall everything was solid, but no wow factor.

Bio Cell regular (black) with Red tie. Worst combo of them all. Not sure what was going on, but some would spin up and some would duck hook. Just didn't fit my swing for some reason. The couple that I hit pretty solid were about 10 behind the Bio Cell+ Red Tie combo.

Bio Cell regular with ahina. Set this one to 9.5 and it was awesome. The ball flight was long and straight with a slight knuckle (you can tell because it looks like it is going left then right then back left on the way down.) It eliminated the left side. I had to really exaggerate my swing to hit a draw. It was not as long as the bio cell+ w/ ahina combo, but it was close and it was point and shoot. I cannot believe how low spin the regular head could be with the right shaft. Off center hits were not penalized too badly. I am a believer in the e9 face (don't know how it works, but it does).

Just wanted to share my experience with these combinations, I know it was not very scientific and different clubs perform for different swings.

Complete Overhaul In Progress (might be epic)
Iblades 3-pw px 6.0
Vokey SM5 50*
MD2 56* and 60*
Rife Iconic
Bushnell Pro X7
b330s

"I read greens on a 3rd Grade Level"

i have been waiting for the last 2 weeks for my Bio+ adapter to get here - i picked up a silver Bio+ head, white tie X flex shaft and hope to get these paired up shortly. i'm thinking it will be a mid-high flight, low spin straight shooting bomber...

thoughts?

FWIW i hit the red tie and was getting a little higher spin than i wanted, set to 10.5* so i think if i went with the higher launching shaft i could get the loft set at 9* and be just fine. I have a 112-115 SS and play off a 0.8. on the GC2 i was getting roughly 295-300 carry and 305-315 total...i'm SUPER excited to try this out

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

[quote name='gioguy21' timestamp='1399052802' post='9219047']i have been waiting for the last 2 weeks for my Bio+ adapter to get here - i picked up a silver Bio+ head, white tie X flex shaft and hope to get these paired up shortly. i'm thinking it will be a mid-high flight, low spin straight shooting bomber...

thoughts?

FWIW i hit the red tie and was getting a little higher spin than i wanted, set to 10.5* so i think if i went with the higher launching shaft i could get the loft set at 9* and be just fine. I have a 112-115 SS and play off a 0.8. on the GC2 i was getting roughly 295-300 carry and 305-315 total...i'm SUPER excited to try this out[/quote]

Gio, I have an extra Bio + tip (still attached to a broken shaft). PM me if interested.

Hit this driver on course and it is verygood....It had oban kiyoshi shaft...I've had a sldr and now have R1....cobra has a winner in all categories....sound/feel is one of the best and distance is superb......great driver......ive had or hit almost everything out there and cobra would be one of the best.....nice stick

Got my Black Cell Plus today with Ahina 70 in it and went straight to the range 20 minutes before round. Didn't like it very much. Had trouble making good on center contact and then getting through the ball.

Then swapped out the shaft for my Accra Tour Z CB 75 that I used in the regular Cell and an absolute beast was unleashed. I'm sure it helps that It's an inch shorter so my control and dispersion was as good as it gets for me. Took it to the course and proceeded to hit 10 out of 14 fairways in route to a missed putt that would have tied a PB! These were bombs too. I couldn't turn it over very well, but I could hit it straight and cut it on the couple holes I needed to.

I was really turned off and ripped on Cobra pretty hard when the initial photos of the Plus lineup came out. Then I saw some in hand pics and decided to give the black head a try based on my love affair with the Amp Cell Pro. It really looks good in person. Very strange how that worked out. Looked really nice with the Ahina, looks even better with the Tour Z. Cobra drivers continue to amaze.

...and yes Crossfields' tester had to be jacked up. Cell plus sounds and feels similar to the Amp Cell Pro - in other words - brilliant.

I will be going to a Cobra demo at a local golf course. Some questions:

1. I will love seeing the ball flight, but do the also come with trackman?
2. Must try shaft? Swing speed 108 mph.

Thx

Bettinardi Golf Kuchar #2
Callaway Razr Hawk
Callaway Razr Hawk 3W
TaylorMade SLDR 19H
Mizuno JPX 825-Pro 4-Pw
Wedges: undecided

[quote name='black03svtcobra' timestamp='1399084827' post='9222073']
Anyone have any comparisons/shoot outs vs the sldr? Curious about how close the spin is to the sldr. I love the low spin of the sldr but I am having problems hooking it for whatever reason. I know it's swing depended but a rough guess would be great. Thanks.
[/quote]

With the right combo, its as low spin as the SLDR with more forgiveness.

[quote name='black03svtcobra' timestamp='1399084827' post='9222073']
Anyone have any comparisons/shoot outs vs the sldr? Curious about how close the spin is to the sldr. I love the low spin of the sldr but I am having problems hooking it for whatever reason. I know it's swing depended but a rough guess would be great. Thanks.
[/quote]

I tested them side by side on the LM
I was getting almost identical numbers out of both
Only difference being every 3-4 shots when I caught one with the + it went further than with the SLDR (by about 20 yards or so)
I went with the + only because of the feel was (Imo) much better than the TM
Must admit as well
I really liked the looks of the + (black & white) with the white colored matrix

PING 410+ Alta 10.5
Callaway Flash SZ HZRDS Smoke 15*
TEE CBX 20*
PING i500 4-6, iBlade 7-PW DG S300 120’s
PING 2.0 Stealth 50ss 54ss 60ss
PING Redwood Anser

Don't worry Ron... I still own the 5-wood.... It's up on the mantle doing it's best impression of wall art

[quote name='gunmetal' timestamp='1399077728' post='9221361']...and yes Crossfields' tester had to be jacked up. Cell plus sounds and feels similar to the Amp Cell Pro - in other words - brilliant.[/quote]

My + sounds identical to Crossfields. Maybe you don't hit it hard enough to make that sound. :taunt: jk

[quote name='sopel10' timestamp='1399088035' post='9222389']I will be going to a Cobra demo at a local golf course. Some questions:

1. I will love seeing the ball flight, but do the also come with trackman?
2. Must try shaft? Swing speed 108 mph.

Thx[/quote]

My SS is right around yours, and I fit perfectly in the Red Tie stiff. Obviously, YMMV.

[quote name='black03svtcobra' timestamp='1399084827' post='9222073']Anyone have any comparisons/shoot outs vs the sldr? Curious about how close the spin is to the sldr. I love the low spin of the sldr but I am having problems hooking it for whatever reason. I know it's swing depended but a rough guess would be great. Thanks.[/quote]
I had both of these drivers and did a little shoot out....Sldr with white tie 5x3 shaft and Bio Plus with Ad Di 6 shaft. I found the Bio to be way more forgiving and also getting longer distance too. The Sldr carried about 10 yds further, but I was getting about 5-10 more distance with the Bio.

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

[quote name='eddiebigeddie' timestamp='1399123506' post='9223479'][quote name='black03svtcobra' timestamp='1399084827' post='9222073']Anyone have any comparisons/shoot outs vs the sldr? Curious about how close the spin is to the sldr. I love the low spin of the sldr but I am having problems hooking it for whatever reason. I know it's swing depended but a rough guess would be great. Thanks.[/quote]
I had both of these drivers and did a little shoot out....Sldr with white tie 5x3 shaft and Bio Plus with Ad Di 6 shaft. I found the Bio to be way more forgiving and also getting longer distance too. The Sldr carried about 10 yds further, but I was getting about 5-10 more distance with the Bio.[/quote]

Indoor or outdoor? Did you base your readings on a LM? Not trying to nitpick you, but if you were using a LM inside, the roll out distance could be unreliable. You would want to consider the turf conditions in your local area (soft vs firm, etc.).

It was all on course....fairways still not green but not firm either. Temps in mid to upper 60's. Not nitpicking, should have gave more detail.

For me, Ss of 100 +/-...carry on avg 245-255, but with both these clubs was consistently 260-265 and roll to about 275-280.
On 18 (par 5) last 3 times I've played this hole I've crushed the drives to a nice 310-315 (a little help with down hill fairway).

[quote name='Rock Chalk Jayhawk' timestamp='1399124776' post='9223589']

Indoor or outdoor? Did you base your readings on a LM? Not trying to nitpick you, but if you were using a LM inside, the roll out distance could be unreliable. You would want to consider the turf conditions in your local area (soft vs firm, etc.).[/quote]

I did hit the Sldr indoors on Lm, was getting a carry of 260 on avg with 277 total distance. This was before I switched to the White Tie. Also, was launching around 14' if I remember right and spin about 2800 (I think)

[quote name='eddiebigeddie' timestamp='1399125615' post='9223661'][quote name='Rock Chalk Jayhawk' timestamp='1399124776' post='9223589']

Indoor or outdoor? Did you base your readings on a LM? Not trying to nitpick you, but if you were using a LM inside, the roll out distance could be unreliable. You would want to consider the turf conditions in your local area (soft vs firm, etc.).[/quote]

I did hit the Sldr indoors on Lm, was getting a carry of 260 on avg with 277 total distance. This was before I switched to the White Tie. Also, was launching around 14' if I remember right and spin about 2800 (I think)[/quote]

What's your SS? If you are around 105-110, you probably want lower launch and lower spin. The updated track man optimization has ideal launch for 110 SS around 9-10 deg with sub 2000 spin.

My Ss is right at 100....I need the Higher launch and spin to get the carry distances.
The day I tried out the Sldr at Golf galaxy, I also tried the regular Bio Cell and here's my info with that....tried the stock stiff shaft at set the loft to 11'. I was only launching at 9' and carry like 230 with (no joke) 1,800-1,900 spin. The stock shaft makeup just didn't match me (kick point). I need a mid to low kick point for my swing.

[quote name='eddiebigeddie' timestamp='1399126587' post='9223751']My Ss is right at 100....I need the Higher launch and spin to get the carry distances.
The day I tried out the Sldr at Golf galaxy, I also tried the regular Bio Cell and here's my info with that....tried the stock stiff shaft at set the loft to 11'. I was only launching at 9' and carry like 230 with (no joke) 1,800-1,900 spin. The stock shaft makeup just didn't match me (kick point). I need a mid to low kick point for my swing.[/quote]

Ok, 12-14 launch and 2200-2600 spin is probably perfect for you then.