2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Official Bio Cell + Thread

pollock21

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So yesterday I get a nice box in the mail thinking it's my new bio cell plus, I open the box up and it's a bio cell plus buts it's right handed. I was so mad and disappointed. So I proceed to start writing angry emails to the ebay seller/store I got it from, still waiting to hear back on what they are going to do to fix this.

After I get done writing angry emails my brother comes by and sees my sweet blue bio cell plus in right handed and proceeds to tell me he was thinking about getting one of those. So I talk him into paying for it for 300.00 and I paid 264.00. So I make a few bucks at least and I'm hoping the seller will give me a discount since they messed up my order, so maybe this will work out.

I really just want my damn driver though at the end of the day. Gotta love ebay. I'll keep you guys updated on what the seller does to fix the situation.

[quote name='black03svtcobra' timestamp='1400591873' post='9330661']
So yesterday I get a nice box in the mail thinking it's my new bio cell plus, I open the box up and it's a bio cell plus buts it's right handed. I was so mad and disappointed. So I proceed to start writing angry emails to the ebay seller/store I got it from, still waiting to hear back on what they are going to do to fix this.

After I get done writing angry emails my brother comes by and sees my sweet blue bio cell plus in right handed and proceeds to tell me he was thinking about getting one of those. So I talk him into paying for it for 300.00 and I paid 264.00. So I make a few bucks at least and I'm hoping the seller will give me a discount since they messed up my order, so maybe this will work out.

I really just want my damn driver though at the end of the day. Gotta love ebay. I'll keep you guys updated on what the seller does to fix the situation.
[/quote]

Way to fleece your brother.

Way to fleece your brother.

Haha I were to write the same thing!

1zp4hz8.jpg

687bsx.jpg

35d0x0j.jpg

My black BC+ came to my door earlier today :)

[b][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Taylormade M2 with Project Hzrdus Black[/font][/b]
[b][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 915F 16.5°[/font][/b]
[b][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist T-MB 3i
Titleist AP2 716 4-PW
Callaway MD3 50, 54, 58[/font][/b]
[b][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Evnroll ER2[/font][/b]

Yup I got him for a few bucks!! So I got the ebay seller to sell me another bio cell plus left handed this time for 225.00 and overnighted. We shall see if it shows up tomorrow like he says. So all in all it's not that bad of a deal for me.

Even though I took my brother for a couple of bucks he's still going to be the one laughing tonight when we play 9 when he's teeing off with what should be my new club and I'm trying to get the sldr to work.

[quote name='black03svtcobra' timestamp='1400616934' post='9333895']
Yup I got him for a few bucks!! So I got the ebay seller to sell me another bio cell plus left handed this time for 225.00 and overnighted. We shall see if it shows up tomorrow like he says. So all in all it's not that bad of a deal for me.

Even though I took my brother for a couple of bucks he's still going to be the one laughing tonight when we play 9 when he's teeing off with what should be my new club and I'm trying to get the sldr to work.
[/quote]

I hope he outdrives you by 50 yards every hole.

[quote name='BigHook25' timestamp='1400625397' post='9334765']
[quote name='black03svtcobra' timestamp='1400616934' post='9333895']

[/quote]

I hope he outdrives you by 50 yards every hole.
[/quote]

LOL...Yeah...unless that's the kind of relationship they have where they try to make a little change off the other. Not my thing, but not my brother either. Hope the plus works out for u.

I'm bouncing around between 8.5 and 9.5. Of course, I'm not playing it right now since I already caved the face a tad and sent it back to cobra for a warranty replacement. My toe miss is destroying drivers!

I emailed their customer service and they said they'd replace it under warranty, just had to send it back through an authorized retailer. So I took it to golf galaxy and they called me back after they spoke to Cobra. Cobra said that they would have to make a determination on the warranty once they received it since I had an aftermarket shaft in it. WTF Regardless, I told them I had an upgraded shaft in my emails with customer service and they said they would process it, so we'll see how it plays out. Odds are GG spoke to someone different than I did in my emails. I hope they're as cool with the replacements as taylormade was.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4
Fairway: TSi2 3 & 5 PX RDX Black 6.5
Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 3 4-P
Wedges: Zipcore Tour Rack 50/54/60
Putter: 2021 Ping Tyne CS

[/quote]

You know honest mistakes happen right?

Like making profit off your brother for instance :)

TM Sim D-Type Tour AD IZ 7s
Mavrik SZ 16.5 Tour AD DI 7s
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2

[quote name='Anser' timestamp='1400677229' post='9338425']

[/quote]

You know honest mistakes happen right?

Like making profit off your brother for instance :)
[/quote]

I like the way you think.

Well I got my bio cell plus in blue today. The seller actually overnighted so all in all it worked out good.

I was a little hesitant going with the blue but I must say it's a great looking blue and looks great with the white matrix shaft. Just got in a range session and this club is just so forgiving it's amazing. My range has crap balls that don't fly for anything. But I set it at 8* and I set up to hit a cut and it just wants to go straight or falls maybe 5-10 yards left when it fades mid to high trajectory. Doesn't seem to spin to much I need to get it out on the course and on a launch monitor before I start playing with shafts.

I usually play all my drivers at 44.5 or 44" but was having no trouble with the stock matrix red tie x @ 45 1/4".

Question for you guys: have any of you pulled the stock red tie and tipped it? I like rebar shafts so I was thinking about tipping it 3/4" to get it down to my 44.5" normal length.

[/quote]
You could maybe tamper with the club also before you give it to him.......guaranteed to kick his butt on the course as well as fleece him lol

I went in to Golfsmith last weekend wanting to buy a Taylormade SLDR S (I have been wanting a SLDR for several months now). Each time I have gone in to hit it against my Titleist 913D3, it beats it by about 5 yards. Not enough to spend $300+ for. And my Titleist has been good to me. I just want a little extra distance. Was going to leave without anything (again), when the guy who was helping me suggested the Bio Cell +. Said it had been selling better than he expected it to, and the spin numbers were good for a number of golfers. On average, it is 10-15 longer than my Titleist and the spin numbers are on average 500 RPM lower than the Titleist and the SLDR s for me. The only issue for me is the paint scheme. I am a pretty traditional golfer, and the two tone does not look good to me. They let me have a 30 day playability guarantee, so I am going to try it for a few weeks and see if I can get used to the look. Question for the forum, could you play a club that was definitely better, but you had a hard time looking down at it?

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond
PXG 0211 (15)

PXG 0211 (19)
PXG Gen 6 0311P 5-AW
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54, 58
Seemore Mini Giant DF

[quote name='pgetzen' timestamp='1400723251' post='9343833']
I went in to Golfsmith last weekend wanting to buy a Taylormade SLDR S (I have been wanting a SLDR for several months now). Each time I have gone in to hit it against my Titleist 913D3, it beats it by about 5 yards. Not enough to spend $300+ for. And my Titleist has been good to me. I just want a little extra distance. Was going to leave without anything (again), when the guy who was helping me suggested the Bio Cell +. Said it had been selling better than he expected it to, and the spin numbers were good for a number of golfers. On average, it is 10-15 longer than my Titleist and the spin numbers are on average 500 RPM lower than the Titleist and the SLDR s for me. The only issue for me is the paint scheme. I am a pretty traditional golfer, and the two tone does not look good to me. They let me have a 30 day playability guarantee, so I am going to try it for a few weeks and see if I can get used to the look. Question for the forum, could you play a club that was definitely better, but you had a hard time looking down at it?
[/quote]

I'm with ya on I like a traditional looking club, but I absolutely love the blue one I got. Looks fantastic and really sets up and frames the ball nicely.

Side note cobra just came out with custom paint options on there website. You can make an all black head now.

[quote name='kickngoals' timestamp='1400721583' post='9343549']

[/quote]
You could maybe tamper with the club also before you give it to him.......guaranteed to kick his butt on the course as well as fleece him lol
[/quote]

I couldn't do that. He actually opened up the box and broke the news to me that it was right handed. I will admit I had him read this thread first before I offered to sell it to him. So you guys helped with the sell more than anything!

[quote name='black03svtcobra' timestamp='1400723572' post='9343903']

[/quote]
[/quote]

I couldn't do that. He actually opened up the box and broke the news to me that it was right handed. I will admit I had him read this thread first before I offered to sell it to him. So you guys helped with the sell more than anything!
[/quote]

Better hope he doesn't read it again!

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4
Fairway: TSi2 3 & 5 PX RDX Black 6.5
Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 3 4-P
Wedges: Zipcore Tour Rack 50/54/60
Putter: 2021 Ping Tyne CS

[quote name='pollock21' timestamp='1400727560' post='9344435']
[quote name='black03svtcobra' timestamp='1400723572' post='9343903']

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Better hope he doesn't read it again!
[/quote]

Ya. I let him know afterwards what I ended paying. He still got a good deal in my book on a brand new one.

Finished my 4th round with the Bio Cell + in the bag and man does this club ever deliver. I am loving this driver! My misses are virtually all playable (which for me is saying a lot), much, much, longer than they have ever been, and my good swings are just bombing the ball right now. I've never been a short hitter but the BC+/Matrix Red Tie combo is [b]consistently[/b] getting me to places on the course I have never been before. I have the luxury of testing clubs on a Foresight GC2 and I've had some good numbers from other drivers that just do not work on the course. The BC+ gives me killer numbers on the launch monitor and unreal launch and distance on the course. This club gets up and does not spin. Even at 15* launch it barely spins above 2000 rpm and just carries for what seems like forever on the course.

I've said it before in other posts about the BC+ but for me it really does do it all. It's as straight as my 913D2 was, as low spin as any SLDR I've tested, and it really does seem as forgiving as my G25 was. Not to mention I'm completely hooked on the sound and feel of the club when it's nutted. I think it's fair to say that I'm pretty much still in shock with how good this club is.

Taylormade M2 9.5* @ 7.5* Rogue 110 Silver 60x
Taylormade M2 15* VTS Red 75x
Ping Rapture DI 18* VTS Silver 85x
Ping S55 3-PW PX Flighted 6.0
Ping Glide 52* SS & Glide 58* SS
Ping Anser Milled #6 35"

[quote name='ekimox' timestamp='1400738896' post='9345149']
Finished my 4th round with the Bio Cell + in the bag and man does this club ever deliver. I am loving this driver! My misses are virtually all playable (which for me is saying a lot), much, much, longer than they have ever been, and my good swings are just bombing the ball right now. I've never been a short hitter but the BC+/Matrix Red Tie combo is [b]consistently[/b] getting me to places on the course I have never been before. I have the luxury of testing clubs on a Foresight GC2 and I've had some good numbers from other drivers that just do not work on the course. The BC+ gives me killer numbers on the launch monitor and unreal launch and distance on the course. This club gets up and does not spin. Even at 15* launch it barely spins above 2000 rpm and just carries for what seems like forever on the course.

I've said it before in other posts about the BC+ but for me it really does do it all. It's as straight as my 913D2 was, as low spin as any SLDR I've tested, and it really does seem as forgiving as my G25 was. Not to mention I'm completely hooked on the sound and feel of the club when it's nutted. I think it's fair to say that I'm pretty much still in shock with how good this club is.
[/quote]i echo your words ekimox...i've found that having confidence in my driver has put a good shot of confidence in the rest of my game as well. it makes things a lot different when standing on the tee saying, ok, i'll have about 120y or so out, no big deal.

since going to this driver i've shot 72, 76, 70, 70.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

SC Phantom 5.5 (2024) 35”

so I got a deal on a bio + and got it out on the course yesterday...no warm up, absolutely nutted it down the middle...I had forgotten my wrench so the setting was on 8.5...only hit it 5 times overall, but it was just as long as my SLDR but WAAAAAY better feel and forgiveness...cant wait to try the 9.5 setting today

btw...I usually play x flex (ss driver 109-113) but the stiff red tie feels amazing for now...

2017 M1 AD-MT6X
Cobra F7 Tour Green 75x
712U 3i, 4-GW s55 modus 105x
54 deg. SM6 F, 60 glide 2.0 WS
Ping Piper 3

[quote name='haager831' timestamp='1400768893' post='9346503']
so I got a deal on a bio + and got it out on the course yesterday...no warm up, absolutely nutted it down the middle...I had forgotten my wrench so the setting was on 8.5...only hit it 5 times overall, but it was just as long as my SLDR but WAAAAAY better feel and forgiveness...cant wait to try the 9.5 setting today

btw...I usually play x flex (ss driver 109-113) but the stiff red tie feels amazing for now...
[/quote]

I have the identical swing speed numbers as you and went with the 6Q3 stiff as well and I'm in love! I've played XFlex shafts for the past number of years and I have ZERO regrets with the 6Q3 Stiff. The only way I could keep my spin around 2500 rpm spin (now 2000-2100 with the BC+) was by using an 8.5* head (913D2 & G25) paired up with a low spinning X flex shaft. When pured everything was golden but my misses with the X flex shafts were pretty punishing, as I've just recently learned. I've never mishit the ball this far in my life and when I flush one I'm astonished by the results.

I've finally achieved high launch and very low spin. I think I can die a happy man now :)

Ping Anser Milled #6 35"

I'm currently at 10.5*. I'm not getting a ton of roll out but I'm more than happy with the total distance I'm currently getting. I've never carried a driver this far so I'm pretty content at the moment. Might switch it up to 9.5* as the summer heat dries everything out a little more but right now I couldn't be happier at 10.5*.

Ping Anser Milled #6 35"

Love this club. Have it set at 9.5 with a tour spec 6.2 x shaft and getting ridiculous distance. About 265-275 carry and the ball rolls forever. Fwiw I swing 106-108, with a fast transition.

Even better the left side of the course can suck it! Baby draws and fades all day long, worst miss is a right side hanger that still sails. Knuckleball machine!

I have the regular Bio Cell LE, and that driver rocks as well. Cobra is on their wood game this year!

Ping 425 LST Ventus Blue
Ping G400 14.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green
Ping G410 3H Evenflow Black
Ping i210 Steelfiber 125 4-U
Glide 3.0 54, 58
Byron 615/ Stroke Lab 1

[quote name='godeacs94' timestamp='1400808379' post='9350931']
Love this club. Have it set at 9.5 with a tour spec 6.2 x shaft and getting ridiculous distance. About 265-275 carry and the ball rolls forever. Fwiw I swing 106-108, with a fast transition.

Even better the left side of the course can suck it! Baby draws and fades all day long, worst miss is a right side hanger that still sails. Knuckleball machine!

I have the regular Bio Cell LE, and that driver rocks as well. Cobra is on their wood game this year!
[/quote]

Suck it Left side! ........ Suck it Trebek!

I have a custom lab Bio cell+ coming. Black head w/ matte orange crown. D+ 72 Stiff tipped 1". Orange lamkin rel 3 grip. Playing length 44.5". Halloween colors, black and orange. I hope it's going to be the magic wand.

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”