2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Official Bio Cell + Thread

pollock21

This thing really goes. I'm going back to 13 D3 though. Need open face angle and prefer feel and look of D3.

Great driver though.

Titleist TSR2 10* - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylormade Stealth 2 15* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Taylormade Stealth 2 18* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Titleist T200 Utility 4i - Axiom 105X

Titleist T100 5-PW KBS Tour 130X
Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 50/56/60 - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour Rat Newport

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the bio cell+ head have a draw bias?

The reason I ask is because I'm having a problem playing my normal 5-10 yard fade. With all my other drivers I've had no problem fading (R1 and XCG 7 Beta), but for whatever reason I seem to have a problem keeping the bio cell+ club face open through impact which is causing me to hit straight shots (or slight draws) that end up missing the fairway left. The last club I had an issue fading was the X Hot (non-pro version).

With that said... I love the look, sound, and feel of this club.

[quote name='Travis014' timestamp='1400811201' post='9351277']
Does the bio cell+ head have a draw bias?

The reason I ask is because I'm having a problem playing my normal 5-10 yard fade. With all my other drivers I've had no problem fading (R1 and XCG 7 Beta), but for whatever reason I seem to have a problem keeping the bio cell+ club face open through impact which is causing me to hit straight shots (or slight draws) that end up missing the fairway left. The last club I had an issue fading was the X Hot (non-pro version).

With that said... I love the look, sound, and feel of this club.
[/quote]

I was changing the loft today and noticed you can set it to a draw.

Got the driver from another member here, great club. Got it all the way up to 11 degrees and still launches low and doesn't balloon on me. Still getting used to it but loving it.

Bettinardi Golf Kuchar #2
Callaway Razr Hawk
Callaway Razr Hawk 3W
TaylorMade SLDR 19H
Mizuno JPX 825-Pro 4-Pw
Wedges: undecided

Took my Bio Plus out for the first time today. Picked it up used from a member here. Set it to 11.5 as it has a regular bio tip in it so the actual loft would be 10.5. Has an Ahina 70x shaft in it.

I was having a bad swing day but I did manage to hit some bombs with it. It has the higher launch than my regular RAZR Xtreme I was looking for but I'm not 100% certain it was longer overall. Did seem a bit more forgiving though. As it was Saturday the course was packed so didn't really have any opportunities for side by side comparisons. I'm hoping on Monday I can get out to the course and it will be a bit quieter and I can find a hole to hit some comparison drives.

WhiZ

I had a monster driver demo session on the LM yesterday. I hit I25, G25, BC, BC+, X hot 2, etc.

By far the best feeling and performing driver for me was the BC+.

However, I really did NOT like the stock stiff Red Tie, which I sprayed all over and could not get below 3000rpm. The fitter then put in an Aldila ATX Tour Green in Stiff and bang, suddenly max spin is 2100.

The only reason I did not buy the driver was that even on the max loft setting I could not launch it high enough (best I could get is 13° and 2100 spin). If I could increase the static loft to 13°, I am fairly confident it would be the longest combo I have ever hit. I also feel sure that spin would not be an issue, even at that extra loft.

I am therefore sticking with my fantastic 919THI for now.

919THI 11.5° / 1° open
929hs 20° / dead square
775hs 21° & 24° & 27°
Mizuno JPX 800 Pro 6-pw
MP-T11 50° & 55° / MPT4 61°
Ping Sydney 33"

Mine made its on course debut this weekend...

Here are a couple observations

1. pretty forgiving on misses toward the toe (my majority miss)
2. this driver hates cuts. it doesn't sit closed, but for me it is hook or straight. Not much else.
3. I have mine set to 8.5 and the flight is excellent. I live in the 103-106 driver speed world. And the distance was good, but not life changing.

after a couple rounds I am happy with the driver. Have to put a little work in to figure out how to cut this thing.

[quote name='Bkgeneral' timestamp='1401203237' post='9373949']

2. this driver hates cuts. it doesn't sit closed, but for me it is hook or straight. Not much else.
3. I have mine set to 8.5 and the flight is excellent. I live in the 103-106 driver speed world. And the distance was good, but not life changing.

after a couple rounds I am happy with the driver. Have to put a little work in to figure out how to cut this thing.
[/quote]

I'm in the same range as you for SS. I had mine set to 9.5 with a DI 6x. In neutral I thought it sat square. On the range I hit some real bombs...the kind where you sit back and say dam...they were all little cuts. On the course though, and I'm sure this is me, I sliced the ball qute a bit. On drives that hit the fairway it would take a hard right turn so instead of getting an extra 20-30 yards of roll, I would roll into the right rough. I know it's the swing as I had the same issue with EVERY club off the tee. However, like you , when I missed on the toe I was still as long if not longer than the guys I was playing with when it went straight.

That said I got 2 BCP's coming this week. What's a hoe to do?

Finally have been on the course enough now to give my verdict on this club. It is the most "automatic" driver I have ever had...and consider the number of drivers I've had, that is saying something. I loved my ZLE and tried dozens of drivers over the last 2.5 years, but the ZLE with the Grafalloy New Blue (White) just stayed firmly in the bag. I honestly didn't expect another Cobra to be that much better to unseat, rather I thought it would be a Callaway, Ping or other.

Furthermore, I didn't expect that I'd like it so much with the stock shaft, as my normal procedure tends to be an aftermarket shaft to find the right feel and performance. However, this Red Tie stiff (my SS is 102-104) allows me to point and shoot and this thing just wants to go straight (or baby fade) and most of the time quite a bit longer than my ZLE combination.

I bought a couple extra adaptors and yesterday I took the Grafalloy out for a test run, but it could not unseat my Red Tie. I am going to leave it alone now and just enjoy the ride...this, combined with my new Apex irons with Recoils has really made the game a blast again.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen4 @ 10.5* w/Tour AD VR-6 S

Fairway: PXG 0341 X GEN4 @ 15* w/PX Evenflow Riptide CB 60g
Fairway: Callaway Mavrik @ 18* w/PX Evenflow Riptide 60g
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen4 Xtreme Dark Combination Set: 5-7 Gen4 XP; 8-GW Gen4 P w/SteelFiber 95
Wedges: Cleveland RTX Black Satin 50*  54*  58*

Putter: PXG Bat Attack-HS @ 35.5"
Ball: Wilson Staff Model

Coming off SLDR this driver rocks. The Plus is about 5 yards longer for me and more forgiving. Like a lot of people experienced SLDR would give me wild hooks. Still, SLDR is a great driver when I hit it perfectly, but I think the Plus is better. I am playing it at 11 degrees and it feels awesome. Might change the shaft to AD DI to see how it behaves.

Bunch of clubs

I mentioned this in the pro thread...I played with the cobra rep and he said while creating the plus and pro the designers were very concerned with MOI (moment of inertia, for those of you who don't know). He tossed out some facts that I was absolutely shocked at like the "off the rack sldr has around the mid 2000s MOI. The pro has mid 4000s. A normal driver has around 5000. The reason why people can't keep a consistent ball flight with the SLDR is because of the ridiculously low MOI...he said tour players request that their MOI Is no less than 3500

[quote name='gambit' timestamp='1401211693' post='9374827']
[quote name='Bkgeneral' timestamp='1401203237' post='9373949']

[/quote]

I'm in the same range as you for SS. I had mine set to 9.5 with a DI 6x. In neutral I thought it sat square. On the range I hit some real bombs...the kind where you sit back and say dam...they were all little cuts. On the course though, and I'm sure this is me, I sliced the ball qute a bit. On drives that hit the fairway it would take a hard right turn so instead of getting an extra 20-30 yards of roll, I would roll into the right rough. I know it's the swing as I had the same issue with EVERY club off the tee. However, like you , when I missed on the toe I was still as long if not longer than the guys I was playing with when it went straight.

That said I got 2 BCP's coming this week. What's a hoe to do?
[/quote]

I am surprised you would go with the Pro if slice is an issue. Everything I have seen says the Pro is definitely fade biased.

I use the stock Red Tie (stiff). For me a good fit. Another observation, the stock grip sucks. Went with the new GP CP2. Very nice combo. That grip is pretty solid, if you like the softer feel. Or like me you avoid manual labor like the plague and your hands are soft as a baby bottom.

[quote name='Bo4taylormade' timestamp='1401233140' post='9377387']
I mentioned this in the pro thread...I played with the cobra rep and he said while creating the plus and pro the designers were very concerned with MOI (moment of inertia, for those of you who don't know). He tossed out some facts that I was absolutely shocked at like the "off the rack sldr has around the mid 2000s MOI. The pro has mid 4000s. A normal driver has around 5000. The reason why people can't keep a consistent ball flight with the SLDR is because of the ridiculously low MOI...he said tour players request that their MOI Is no less than 3500
[/quote]
This was one of the reasons why the SLDR didn't work for me. I simply just couldn't get it in the air well enough despite shaft and loft changes.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

[quote name='Travis014' timestamp='1401344972' post='9387439']
Does anyone know if the Bio Cell Pro Sleeve will work in the Bio Cell Plus head (and vice versa)?

If so, is there a conversion chart for the lofts out there?
[/quote]

Yes you can take the tip from a plus and put it in the pro and vice versa for the normal Bio Cell and put it in the pro

[quote name='Travis014' timestamp='1401344972' post='9387439']
Does anyone know if the Bio Cell Pro Sleeve will work in the Bio Cell Plus head (and vice versa)?

If so, is there a conversion chart for the lofts out there?
[/quote]
Yes they're all interchangeable.

The Plus sleeve in the Pro head - the draw settings will be neutral and the neutral settings will be fade settings. Also, all lofts will be 1* lower. Example: the bio plus sleeve at 9.5 draw will be 8.5 neutral in the Pro head.

I've picked up a used Bio Cell + fairway wood which looks promising. Also got the driver. I have 3 rounds line up for the weekend starting tomorrow assuming the weather cooperates, which it currently is not.

The FW is gorgeous in the solid back head. The two toned, white and silver driver has me flinching at address, but I'll reserve any further comments until I see some performance. This is my first Cobra clubs since parting ways with the very underrated SS Forged irons I had many years ago.

Ping 425 driver 10.5*

Ping 425 FWs 14.5* & 17.5*

Ping 425 hybrid 22*

Srixon ZX5 5 - PW

Sub 70 286 Forged wedges 48*, 54* & 58*

Piretti 303 Series Cottonwood II putter

Thanks for posting the conversion chart.

Just a couple quick observations from a single range session...

The BC+ feels great. The Red Tie is a little soft but in a controlled way. Head was set at 9.5 and didn't make any adjustments, launch was pretty high but STRAIGHT or just a baby fade (natural ball flight). Pull hooked a couple but that was due to slipping (rained all day) or just a bad move into the ball. Sound of the head is powerful but definitely on the loud side, actually rang my ears on a couple shots but could've just been from the range balls. Walked over to #10 tee which is right beside the range and hit 2 balls down the middle with the same high baby fade. First ball was about 5 yds past my usual spot when I flush one, and the second shot was about 10 yards short of that. It was also very cool today (high 50s) and the ground was soaked, so tough to judge distance but those 2 shots were encouraging. Can't wait to get this thing out on the course. The urge is already there to tinker with shafts but going to try to give the Red Tie a chance...also going to drop loft down to 8.5. Hopefully I don't regret not getting the Pro which I didn't think I'd have enough spin to play.

[quote name='t4t3r' timestamp='1401408214' post='9392753']

The BC+ feels great. The Red Tie is a little soft but in a controlled way. Head was set at 9.5 and didn't make any adjustments, launch was pretty high but STRAIGHT or just a baby fade (natural ball flight). Pull hooked a couple but that was due to slipping (rained all day) or just a bad move into the ball. Sound of the head is powerful but definitely on the loud side, actually rang my ears on a couple shots but could've just been from the range balls. Walked over to #10 tee which is right beside the range and hit 2 balls down the middle with the same high baby fade. First ball was about 5 yds past my usual spot when I flush one, and the second shot was about 10 yards short of that. It was also very cool today (high 50s) and the ground was soaked, so tough to judge distance but those 2 shots were encouraging. Can't wait to get this thing out on the course. The urge is already there to tinker with shafts but going to try to give the Red Tie a chance...also going to drop loft down to 8.5. Hopefully I don't regret not getting the Pro which I didn't think I'd have enough spin to play.
[/quote]

The bio cell+ is just as low spin as my SLDR. I think the Pro is only really going to fit very high spin players, IMO. All the online YouTube reviews (crossfield, etc...) point to the plus being a beast.

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

[quote name='Hookasaurus Rex' timestamp='1401412911' post='9393195']
[quote name='t4t3r' timestamp='1401408214' post='9392753']

[/quote]

The bio cell+ is just as low spin as my SLDR. I think the Pro is only really going to fit very high spin players, IMO. All the online YouTube reviews (crossfield, etc...) point to the plus being a beast.
[/quote]
The PRO is beast...ier

Finally got a chance to play the Plus I picked up at Golfsmtih last weekend. Really pleased with the performance and feel. I had only demoed it once and then hit in the store simulator. Hit some really solid drives, just straight and a much better ball slight than my old driver (Cobra ZL). Haven't played with the lofts yet, just kept it at the 9.5 degree setting.

I have one coming with a aldila atx tour green 75. I will report after I receive it and get some course time. When I got fit this combo out performed ever head shaft combo out there. Only course time will tell.

Cobra Fly Z+ 10* Aldila ATX Tour Blue 75x
Taylormade SLDR Mini 14* AD DI 8X
Titleist 913FD 18* AD DI 8x
Taylormade UDI 20* or Titleist 913H 21* AD DI 105x
Ping S55 4-PW Nippon Modus 130s
Callaway PM (custom sole grind) 53*,60* DG S400
Byron Morgan DH89