SchneeWRX- A Tradition Unlike Any Other

Schnee

> @PepsiDuck said:

> all of which produce varying degrees of ball-striking success...

Not trying to derail talk in this thread, but I think this statement says a lot more than you realize Pepsi.

After following your threads and reading (probably) the vast majority of your posts, I think that's the biggest problem you have. Instead of concentrating on making the right movement, and letting ball flight come later, you immediately try for better ball flight regardless of the motion.

If you ever truly want long term improvement, the new motion MUST be the ONLY priority. If it isn't, you will do the same old motion over and over, beacause you are comfortable there, and your brain knows how to put the club onto the ball from there. You MUST maintain the new motion until your subconcious is comfortable hitting the ball from a new place.

• Like 1

Golfing Ginger
So glad I picked an outside activity...

> @Schnee said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > So Chris transitions away from the white belt and Monte is sporting one. What to make of this?

>

> The student... becomes the teacher.... ?

>

Does this mean I can unretire my white belt?!

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

> @ddetts said:

> > @Schnee said:

> > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > So Chris transitions away from the white belt and Monte is sporting one. What to make of this?

> >

> > The student... becomes the teacher.... ?

> >

>

> Does this mean I can unretire my white belt?!

Wear whatever makes you happy my man. Except for a DeChambeau hat. That’s unforgivable.

• Like 1

> @Schnee said:

> > @ddetts said:

> > > @Schnee said:

> > > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > So Chris transitions away from the white belt and Monte is sporting one. What to make of this?

> > >

> > > The student... becomes the teacher.... ?

> > >

> >

> > Does this mean I can unretire my white belt?!

>

> Wear whatever makes you happy my man. Except for a DeChambeau hat. That’s unforgivable.

>

>

Or the pleated, cuffed, MC Hammer parachute pants Adam Scott was wearing. Please people, for the love of everything good on this earth, don't be like Adam Scott.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

> @q-school said:

> Chris, in the new video on section 2, in the face on view, which iron were you using? This new series is about what Monte thinks is good. To my eye, you have a fairly pronounced forwards shaft lean and strong left hand. Is that monte’s preference or some accommodation for your wrist injuries?

> Thanks!

>

In all of the videos I was using a 6 or 7 iron if I recall correctly. I’ve set up that way for a long time. More comfortable with my strong left hand grip.

I’ve actually moved away from that and have the shaft more neutral at address now.

Question on the video (also a Loyalty Member) - Are these able to download? I want to watch it on my flight on Wednesday - but don't have the status to get free WIFI and too cheap to pay the $10 for 90min...

Driver: Callaway Paradym 8* (draw, std) - GD ADXC 7x

3 wood: Taylormade SIM 15* - GD ADDI 7x

5 wood: Ping G30 18* - Diamana Blue 83x

Irons: 3-5 Taylormade 2014 TP MC (2* weak);  6-PW Taylormade 2014 TP MB (1* weak) - Project X 6.5

SW: Scratch 54* bent to 53* - Ctaper 130x

LW: Scratch 58* bent to 59* - Ctaper 130x

Putter: Modified Odyssey 7 w/ welded long slant

> @D0ch0l1d4y said:

> Question on the video (also a Loyalty Member) - Are these able to download? I want to watch it on my flight on Wednesday - but don't have the status to get free WIFI and too cheap to pay the $10 for 90min...

I think I saw something saying it can be downloaded

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

> @D0ch0l1d4y said:

> Question on the video (also a Loyalty Member) - Are these able to download? I want to watch it on my flight on Wednesday - but don't have the status to get free WIFI and too cheap to pay the $10 for 90min...

I think you can only download using the Android or iOS apps. I don't have the option to download through my desktop but when I access it on the iOS app, there is a download button next to each individual part of the videos that you purchased.

Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5*___Aldila Rogue Silver 70
Taylormade 2017 M2 3HL___ Project X HZRDUS Black
Titleist 913H 21* ___Diamana Blue Board
Mizuno MP-25 4-PW ___KBS C-Taper
Cleveland 588 RTX 52* 56* 60*
Scotty Cameron SS Newport 2 Mid-Slant

I’ve downloaded them but it looks like the app only keeps them for a month. Then I assume you have to download them again...

• Like 1

TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade M5 15* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2TS X
Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 21* - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90TX
Miura Baby Blade 4-P - KBS $-Taper X
Miura Wedges - 52*, 56* - KBS $-Taper X
Callaway MD4 Tactical 60*
PXG Darkness Operator

As a heads up, I've had issues and been unable to download (android, Samsung S8+) any of the video content I own. Even after the latest app update.

His content/development team for the app is aware of the issue, as i've provided information and logs to them. But as of the moment, download isn't working on android for at least some devices.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Downloads buggy and they only last one month at a time. Also app won’t open if on airplane mode which is a bummer. I believe they are working on it. They have always been very responsive to concerns in the past. I hope they can fix the airplane mode thing. I’m not sure why downloads only for month but whatever.

> @ddetts said:

> As a heads up, I've had issues and been unable to download (android, Samsung S8+) any of the video content I own. Even after the latest app update.

> His content/development team for the app is aware of the issue, as i've provided information and logs to them. But as of the moment, download isn't working on android for at least some devices.

It appears my app was not logged in...It does show the download button next to each chapter, but a pop up tells me there's no video in this chapter.

*edit - iOs

Irons: 3-5 Taylormade 2014 TP MC (2* weak);  6-PW Taylormade 2014 TP MB (1* weak) - Project X 6.5

> @D0ch0l1d4y said:

> > @ddetts said:

> > As a heads up, I've had issues and been unable to download (android, Samsung S8+) any of the video content I own. Even after the latest app update.

> > His content/development team for the app is aware of the issue, as i've provided information and logs to them. But as of the moment, download isn't working on android for at least some devices.

>

> It appears my app was not logged in...It does show the download button next to each chapter, but a pop up tells me there's no video in this chapter.

>

> *edit - iOs

In the previous version of the app, the download icon appeared next to each video segment on the right end but when I tapped/clicked it nothing actually happened. It appeared as if it was working and I got no error messages, just nothing happened in the background and no videos ever showed up in my downloads. In the current version (relased some time early march I think) I don't even have the download buttons in the app anymore. Also, currently I can only favorite entire videos, and not the individual segments as in the past version. I've provided as much feedback, information, screenshots & support as I can to aid in them figuring out the issues.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Guys.....

If you are having issues with apps, please send them to [email protected] with device, operating system type and number (iOS or Android, version no) and app version number if available. We can’t submit reports to developers without this information. If you have already been in touch with support then you are good

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

> @Schnee said:

> Shoot support a message. They’ll sort it out. I’ll let Monte know.

I've had some communications back and forth with the support contact, so they are aware of the issues (at least all that I have encountered so far) on the Android side of the mobile platform.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

> @D0ch0l1d4y said:

> > @ddetts said:

> > As a heads up, I've had issues and been unable to download (android, Samsung S8+) any of the video content I own. Even after the latest app update.

> > His content/development team for the app is aware of the issue, as i've provided information and logs to them. But as of the moment, download isn't working on android for at least some devices.

>

> It appears my app was not logged in...It does show the download button next to each chapter, but a pop up tells me there's no video in this chapter.

>

> *edit - iOs

Soooo, old guy problems. I didn't realize my phone no longer auto-updated my apps. I updated the app and everything went smooth on the download side. Will have to see how the video plays on airplane mode, but using my phone as a hotspot right now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

l2sptq7wls8k.jpeg

pjy92ubwpij6.jpeg

0806f5nsdunb.jpeg

There’s very few things I would sleep in my car (Jeep) for... this is one of them.

I’m car #8 in line to play Bethpage Black tomorrow. One of my good buds from the Taylormade trip (DNice) is joining me. We were supposed to play Friday with pinhigh27 but the weather is going to be atrocious. Tomorrow should be 60° or so and breezy. The course shuts down in a few days for the PGA. The grandstands are up and hopefully the rough is too. Gonna be epic!

• Like 2

Rough might be more gnarly than normal. Growing conditions are crazy right now

Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5*___Aldila Rogue Silver 70
Taylormade 2017 M2 3HL___ Project X HZRDUS Black
Titleist 913H 21* ___Diamana Blue Board
Mizuno MP-25 4-PW ___KBS C-Taper
Cleveland 588 RTX 52* 56* 60*
Scotty Cameron SS Newport 2 Mid-Slant

Had an amazing time at Bethpage Black. It was my 4th time playing it, and it never disappoints. I wanted to post right after the round, but I got about 2 hours of sleep the night before (both excitement and some excited neighbors :smile:. It then took me 4 hours and a 50 mile detour to get back to where I was staying in NJ because of the worst accident traffic ever (usually about a 1 hour drive).

_**Bethpage Black: PGA Championship Edition**_

I was woken up at 5am with a knock on my window, and I was given a bakery ticket and a wristband to go pay for my time on the Black Course. I was given a 9:30AM time and paired with 3 others, all great dudes. I tried to get some more sleep but it was no use, too excited. I instead opted to watch the sun rise over the first hole on the Black, snap some photos, and head to breakfast at the Farmingdale Diner right around the corner. After eating only a portion of the massive omelette in front of me, I headed back to the course to change and prepare for the round. The range is pretty funny right now, a net 15 feet in front of the hard-worked and weather-worn mats, preventing errant balls from encroaching on the PGA Championship Media Center that sits where the range normally is. At least the range balls were free. I had a good warm up and headed to the putting green and first tee. After seeing the familiar face of the nice lady in the starter shack, we exchanged pleasantries and I headed down on the tee box after she cut off my wrist band, signaling the start of this amazing trip around the links.

The weather turned out to be beautiful to play on Thursday, and we had a great round. It was between 58 and 65 degrees throughout the round, and the sun stayed out the whole time despite the forecast calling for lots of clouds.

From the first tee box, the course is in impeccable shape. The fairways are tightly mown and quite uniform, the walking paths betwen the tee box and the fairway are immaculate, and the rough is lush. The greens were rolling firm, fast, and true, the fastest they've been in my trips there. The rough wasn't overly long, but it's very thick and dense, and easy to lose a ball in if you're not careful. Although it's only April, the fescue is still growing up in spots, especially around many of the bunkers.

The course closes today for the PGA, and if growing conditions remain favorable, which they should, the primary and secondary rough should grow up nice and tall, and pose a real challenge for the tour players. There's no doubt that accurate driving is at a premium, but also length. The real teeth of the course are tee to green, and although it won't mimic a US Open setup, it will put up a real fight. I don't expect scores to be very low, especially if the wind picks up, which leads me to the review of my round.

I had a good round going throughout the front nine. I made the turn in 38 with a birdie on the par 5 4th hole, and a couple of lip outs on a few other holes. I was hitting it well throughout the bag but struggling a tad with the speed of the greens. This was only my second round of the year with my first being back in February in AZ. I was very pleased with how it was going. We made the turn, and the wind started to pick up. It was a steady, significant breeze that was predominantly into us. With a course like the Black that's already playing super long and difficult, the windy conditions made things even more challenging. Instead of hitting mid irons and a few wedges into greens like the front nine, I was now hitting 4i, hybrid, and 3w into par 4's! Now, I'm not hitting it as far as I normally do during the summer, but I felt on a number of holes like I didn't have enough club to reach the green! I came up short on quite a few and was forced to wedge and scramble for pars and bogeys. I finished the back nine with a 42 to card an 80 (+9). That's 1 off my personal best for the Black, and I was darn pleased especially this early in the season.

If the conditions are the same during the PGA as they were on Thursday, we're in for some great golf! The grandstands were a cool sight on this trip around the course and made you feel more like you were playing the tournament. That said, the grandstands seem to be concentrated on the front nine, with them placed more sparsely on the back. It seems like they want to keep the sight lines more open on the back nine so the galleries can see multiple holes at once. On 15 and 16 it seems to be geared more toward hospitality tents. I'd say many of the holes favor hospitality tents over grandstands. I guess they're going to encourage the galleries to move around a bunch. If you're headed to the tournament, I'd suggest camping out on 1/18 or heading back toward #8. 1-8 are really great holes with #8 being my favorite, and the middle of the course, while fun, doesn't hold a candle to 15-18. 15 is the most difficult hole I've ever played. It's a grueling 500+ yard par 4 with a steep uphill approach to a very undulating green. An absolute beast. 16 is a fantastic downhill dogleg left that's fronted by some steep bunkers that I unfortunately found myself in on the way to another bogey. 17 is an excellent par 3 with a very difficult and narrow green, with tons of bunkers guarding it. The way the hospitality tents and stands are set up, it has a stadium type of feel to it. When it comes time for the 71st hole, that place is going to roar! 18 is underwhelming to some, but I think depending on setup, it can become a great risk/reward hole with driver threatening the bunkers on both sides of the fairway but leaving a wedge in, or fairway wood being a safer tee shot and leaving a longer, more challenging approach. If Tiger can drive it straight and solid and show the same form with his irons that he did at Augusta, while making a few putts here and there, he's got a really great shot at pulling off another major victory.

If anyone has the opportunity to play the black course, don't hesitate. It's easily in my top 5. It was in the best shape I've ever played it. Some day I hope to get some calm favorable conditions with my A game to see what I can do there. Overall it was an excellent trip and well worth sleeping in my car.

9q945uh1x0zg.jpg

svzxm1gplud5.jpg

_**Hole #1**_

aijk0x9t45m1.jpg

_**Hole #4**_

6xltw3ocgakt.jpg

_**Hole #8**_

lqjisgjhqo3p.jpg

_**Hole #15**_

sn6nthp47f0x.jpg

_**Hole #16**_

vnbvw3lrr7sh.jpg

_**Hole #17**_

35ah2kiww4d9.jpg

_**Hole #18**_

9zwz26lxjxv4.jpg

• Like 2

Very nice write up and pictures. Those fairways look narrow - I’m thinking I would have shot a solid 90 out there.

• Like 1

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

• Schnee changed the title to SchneeWRX- A Tradition Unlike Any Other