2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

SchneeWRX- A Tradition Unlike Any Other

Schnee

Can anyone recommend a decent driving range/practice area in Orlando? The plan was to play the magnolia course at Disney, but there’s standing water and about a 6 1/2 hour pace. Looking like I won’t have time to play, only practice.

Rosen Shingle Creek

Thank you!

Big thanks on the Shingle Creek suggestion. It fit the bill perfectly. Great range, nice short game area, bunker, and practice green. Despite the 3 inches of rain yesterday it was on great condition.

The best part was $14 for unlimited balls for 2 hours. Heck of a deal. Finally heading to the airport. I’m ready to go home :)

Can anyone recommend a decent driving range/practice area in Orlando? The plan was to play the magnolia course at Disney, but there’s standing water and about a 6 1/2 hour pace. Looking like I won’t have time to play, only practice.

Rosen Shingle Creek

Thank you!

Big thanks on the Shingle Creek suggestion. It fit the bill perfectly. Great range, nice short game area, bunker, and practice green. Despite the 3 inches of rain yesterday it was on great condition.

The best part was $14 for unlimited balls for 2 hours. Heck of a deal. Finally heading to the airport. I’m ready to go home :)

Glad it worked out!

I have stayed at that resort several times over the last ten years for work conferences/conventions ... nice place. What I really like is the proximity of the range to the hotel. Makes early morning and free time practice very convenient.

Rosen Shingle Creek

Thank you!

Glad it worked out!

I have stayed at that resort several times over the last ten years for work conferences/conventions ... nice place. What I really like is the proximity of the range to the hotel. Makes early morning and free time practice very convenient.

I’ll definitely consider staying there in the future. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Course looked like a decent layout too.

• 4 weeks later...

I flew out to AZ this past weekend to film some stuff for Monte and for Boditrak with the guys at the clinic. The weather was great, despite being a touch chilly in the morning (still warmer than home!)

I've been to a ton of Monte's clinics, but the facility at Legacy was really really nice. Plenty of space for all the guys, nice staff, and great amenities (short game area, putting green, etc) Saturday and Sunday went really well, and honestly, this group had some of the best players in it of the clinics I've been to. The addition of Ryan from Boditrak was great as he really knows his stuff. We've been friends for years since my first Monte clinic and it was great to see him working with the guys. I learned way more about pressure traces, vertical forces, etc. Going to be useful in the future.

We filmed the first two days and then on Monday when the playing lesson normally goes down, we got hit with a frost delay and had to call an audible. I went with Ryan to play ASU Karsten while the group worked with Monte on the range and practice greens. We got paired up with a great guy from Vancouver (to date, there's quite a few folks from the Vancouver area that I really like. You Canadians are great), and had a nice round, albeit a bit slow. It's too bad they're demolishing the course because it's a great track. It was still in good shape despite it closing down the first week of May. The layout is great and has a nice variety of holes.

di52Najl.jpg

FK0qPosl.jpg

fjFdv59l.jpg

(Cool door knobs on the clubhouse.)

I didn't bring my clubs to AZ so Monte lent me his. Everything but the woods we're fine. I cant Bring the heat to elevate his driver properly lol. I wasnt Planning on working on my swing this past weekend but after the clinic each day and in some downtime I was able to hit some balls and work with Monte a bit. I'll expand more upon that in another post.

In the meantime, people are always asking what going to a clinic with Monte is like. Hopefully this video will give you a bit of insight.

[media=]

[/media]

I flew out to AZ this past weekend to film some stuff for Monte and for Boditrak with the guys at the clinic. The weather was great, despite being a touch chilly in the morning (still warmer than home!)

I've been to a ton of Monte's clinics, but the facility at Legacy was really really nice. Plenty of space for all the guys, nice staff, and great amenities (short game area, putting green, etc) Saturday and Sunday went really well, and honestly, this group had some of the best players in it of the clinics I've been to. The addition of Ryan from Boditrak was great as he really knows his stuff. We've been friends for years since my first Monte clinic and it was great to see him working with the guys. I learned way more about pressure traces, vertical forces, etc. Going to be useful in the future.

We filmed the first two days and then on Monday when the playing lesson normally goes down, we got hit with a frost delay and had to call an audible. I went with Ryan to play ASU Karsten while the group worked with Monte on the range and practice greens. We got paired up with a great guy from Vancouver (to date, there's quite a few folks from the Vancouver area that I really like. You Canadians are great), and had a nice round, albeit a bit slow. It's too bad they're demolishing the course because it's a great track. It was still in good shape despite it closing down the first week of May. The layout is great and has a nice variety of holes.

I didn't bring my clubs to AZ so Monte lent me his. Everything but the woods we're fine. I cant Bring the heat to elevate his driver properly lol. I wasnt Planning on working on my swing this past weekend but after the clinic each day and in some downtime I was able to hit some balls and work with Monte a bit. I'll expand more upon that in another post.

In the meantime, people are always asking what going to a clinic with Monte is like. Hopefully this video will give you a bit of insight.

[media=]

[/media]

Nicely done Schnee, good quality video!

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Got some cool stuff coming from monte's clinic in the next week for so. Stay tuned.

So what's the latest in Monte world?

It was a great weekend in AZ. I was fighting a bit of a cold out there and it got worse upon traveling home, so I've kind been knocked on my a** lol.

Home from work today, same reason. F'ing winter...

Edit: GREAT job on that little promo video! Really good stuff.

Schnee hit me up if you’re ever out in Tucson! We don’t have as many prestigious courses like Phx does but we have some real gems out here.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

Great video, Chris. Nice to meet you and everyone at the clinic.

Titleist TSR3 10° Diamana ZF 60S
Titleist TSR2 16.5° Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Titleist  818H1 21° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-95X

Srixon ZX4/ZX5/ZX7 MKII 4-PW Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Cleveland RTX4 50° (mid), 54° (mid) TI DG S400

Cleveland RTX6 58° (low) TI DG S400
Byron Morgan DH89 34/350

That was great Schnee! It has me looking forward to the New Jersey clinic.

Titleist  TSi2 8.0 TPT 14.5 LKP LT LW 
Ping G400 14.5* TPT 15 LKP LT LW 

Ping i210 4-PW TT Elevate Tour X
Cleveland tour raw 52, 56, 60 DG x100
Byron Morgan- HG-DH89
Titleist PV1x
Jones Utility Trouper-Carry
Ogio Silencer Alphard E-wheels

5 years ago today, I started my golf journey by heading out to see Monte the first time. I was Reminded by this photo from my facebook. It’s the “after” from 3 days of work on my swing.

Again, thank you to everyone for following along and participating for the last 5 years.

Now seems like a good time to sum up what I’m working on in my swing and to recap what I worked on in AZ. Monte, Dan, and Chase all agree on what I should be working on, so I’ve got a very clear plan forward. As Dan told me in JAX, my backswing is too laid off. In a quest for more depth, I’ve gotten flatter and flatter. From there, I’ve only got two choices: steepen the shaft, or extend my left wrist a ton to stay shallow and pitch my left shoulder up in transition.

I got on Hackmorion for the first time and it was really eye opening. My left wrist is flat or slightly flexed at the top, then it extends in transition and more through impact. Only shot I can play from there is a sling draw or a flip pull. I worked on feeling like I have a ton of extension in my left wrist (cup) at the top of the swing, and then flexing it a ton in transition while keeping my left shoulder low. That was good but not totally it.

The biggest issue, and it’s something Chase noted last summer, is my increased width in transition and in the downswing. My backswing and transition are overly wide, and it leads to a bunch of issues. It developed due to a fear of taking too big of a divot following my wrist injury. I need to be more narrow in the backswing, or really, less wide. From there, Ive got to keep the bend in my right elbow for longer.

It feels super steep and super narrow, but I’m too shallow, just as Dan told me in JAX. I hit a bunch on flightscope the last day of the clinic and bad shots with 7 iron (thin) i was as much as +1 AoA. No bueno. When I feel more narrow and centered in the backswing, AoA gets steeper, nice divot, much better ballflight. With driver, ideal AoA is +1-2, but I cant let It get overly positive or the snap hooks show up.

So that’s a lot of details, but my thoughts over the ball can be summed up as this:

Get left wrist extended at the top by being more upright and feeling across the line even. No excess width in the backswing, not overly deep.

Transition: flex left wrist as hard as I can, and get left shoulder down toward left heel. When I do it as much as I can I’m only a few degrees flexed at impact but it feels like a ton.

This also explains my loss in speed the last few seasons. In the summer it’s still fast enough to play well, but not where it used to be or where I want it to be. I probably peaked at 109-110mph with driver last year, well off my high of 119mph. I get too flat and too deep, so I have to reroute my hands out to not snap hook it or shank it from being so far in to out, then my pivot stalls and I slow down.

End of last season and especially in the state mid am, I struggled hard with bouts of the shanks and with big foul balls.

I feel very motivated right now and like I have a great direction what to work on. Just as evidenced from my round at ASU Karsten, I’m on the right track. My iron play is going to improve exponentially, and that’s what held me back last season and what’s holding back my handicap and game in general. I’m a good putter, my short game is tight, driving the ball well... iron play is the only real weakness. With that improvement, I can make some serious strides in my tournament golf this year.

Before Monte/5 Years Ago after Monte/Last Week

You need to start wearing visors again.

TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade M5 15* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2TS X
Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 21* - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90TX
Miura Baby Blade 4-P - KBS $-Taper X
Miura Wedges - 52*, 56* - KBS $-Taper X
Callaway MD4 Tactical 60*
PXG Darkness Operator

I feel like you could have made more of an effort to hold the lag in that last photo....:)

Great stuff Chris - the swing progression is amazing.

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

Congratulations, Chris. You owe it to yourself and Monte to display the "before" pic one more time...

Swing changes incredible!

Also seems to be a nice fashion trend going - not that there was anything wrong with before, lol.

As I’ve gotten a bit older, my fashion choices have evolved as well. :)

#TeamNoWhiteBelts

Congratulations, Chris. You owe it to yourself and Monte to display the "before" pic one more time...

It is funny (probably only to me) that your ball position now is practically in the same place you started.

From a purely static upper body perspective, the key change is your trail elbow used to get wildly external, but is now staying nicely internal.

But, to evolve and improve, you had to move the ball up in your stance, then straighten the trail elbow to prevent it from extending.

Then over time, as you learned to stay internal, the ball position moved back.

Stupid f-ing game. LOL!

• Schnee changed the title to SchneeWRX- A Tradition Unlike Any Other