2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

SchneeWRX- A Tradition Unlike Any Other

Schnee

Any new weighted putting grips? How about PING's new hybrids? Sexxxxyyyyyyy.... :-)

Superstroke is releasing some great new grips including a revamp of their claw grip. All are available with countercore and the new Traxion line is money.

I’ll check out the Ping hybrids for you tomorrow.

Thanks, Schnee!

Shape is very pleasing to the eye. Not a huge fan of the turbulators but I played a G30 in the past and could get used to it.

No Mevo 2 info from Flightscope?

Great question.

During the shaky rollout with wonky readings and inconsistent pairing, MEVO end-users were told of all the great future feature enhancements that would come, like a combine app. Once the performance issues were resolved with a few firmware updates, there was no more talk of future enhancements to MEVO.

Monte knows a few of the guys at flightscope well. We’ll swing by tomorrow and ask them about MEVO 2 etc.

No plans at this time for MEVO combine or mevo 2 etc. Rep had no knowledge of any plans for it.

I went down a rabbit hole yesterday on Boditrak’s website reading up on their findings - very very cool stuff. I’d love to get on one of these because I think my biggest issue is pressure points in the downswing - where/when they occur. I’d love to hear more about Hack Motion as well because I think that could very very eye opening as well.

Any new weighted putting grips? How about PING's new hybrids? Sexxxxyyyyyyy.... :-)

Superstroke is releasing some great new grips including a revamp of their claw grip. All are available with countercore and the new Traxion line is money.

I'll check out the Ping hybrids for you tomorrow.

Thanks, Schnee!

Shape is very pleasing to the eye. Not a huge fan of the turbulators but I played a G30 in the past and could get used to it.

Sigh....

Looks like I'll finally be dropping some $$$ on new hybrids. Check my sig, though ... it's high time!!!

Thanks again, Schnee! :-)

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

Someone has never seen a buffet they didn't like. :cheesy:

I gained 30 pounds when I was laid up with knee surgery in 2017. Since then, I have managed to only kill 3 people who made fun of me being fat.

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

I gained 30 pounds when I was laid up with knee surgery in 2017. Since then, I have managed to only kill 3 people who made fun of me being fat.

Wow. Sensitive?

No, it just wasn't funny.

You guys on this forum are unreal. It's like a little boys club. O that's right Monte is from Cali. I'm sorry.

Hmm, let me see how to answer this properly.

I am actually not sensitive about my weight. I make jokes about it all the time. I just gave a jab back at you. Seems like you can dish it out and can’t take it.

Let me ask a question. In real life you see two rather large individuals sitting at a bar eating 5 people worth of chicken wings. You don’t know them. They are laughing and giving each other a hard time. Would you walk up to them and say, “Boys, save some wings for the rest of us, you guys could use to miss a few of them.”

If the answer is yes, I wanna see a video.

If the answer is no, you’re a keyboard coward.

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

Wow. Sensitive?

No, it just wasn't funny.

You guys on this forum are unreal. It's like a little boys club. O that's right Monte is from Cali. I'm sorry.

"I think you should lead with your right elbow off a bridge."

-What Monte's advice should be to you

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

So Chris,

In reflection of the PGA show, what was:

1. The coolest thing you saw?

2. The thing that you will absolutely buy?

3. The weirdest or funniest thing you saw?

4. The experience like with boditrack?

Do you think you will go again?

Hope all is well and glad you had fun with Monte and Jerebere21.

Warm regards!

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5 w/Evenflow Riptide CB X-Stiff 
Cobra F8+ 14.5* Rouge Silver X-Stiff

Cobra F8+ 18* Rouge Silver X-Stiff
Srxion 4-6 ZX5 irons, ZX7 7-PW irons w/PX LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50, 54, 58 x/PX LZ 6.0
Sik Flo or Sik DW or Edel or SGC Norwood 

So Chris,

Warm regards!

Good questions:

1. Coolest experience: Meeting Bob Vokey and talking with him for about 20 minutes on wedge grinds, bounce, and how they accomplish designs for new wedges.

Coolest presentation: Chase Cooper talking about wrist matchups at the Hackmotion booth, which I'll talk about more.

Coolest product would be a tie between Vessel Bags and Electric Sunglasses. That segues into #2

2. I'll be picking up a vessel bag in the near future and a pair of Electrics in the future. Cyle was a really cool dude and passionate about the products Electric is making and the quality was extremely high. I was a fan of the Knoxville Pro frames. As far as Vessel, they're definitely not cheap, but the quality was exquisite. My current bag is on its last legs after going to Scotland. I almost pulled the trigger during the Black Friday sale, but was hesitant since I hadn't felt one in person.

3. Some of the outfits on people were ridiculous. I swear there were tons of people I saw that were angling for a job with Loudmouth.

4. Working with boditrak was great. I learned more about their product and about my pressure trace. It's pretty close to linear. I have a small back out move when the face gets too open and I attempt to close it.

Would I go back again?

Absolutely! If you can get into the show, it's definitely worth going. You're face to face with a host of industry professionals that are genuinely interested in speaking with you. I met Bob Vokey, Wedge Wizard, Hole In One Trick Shots (Josh Kelly,) Coach Rusty (Ryan Rustand,) and a saw or met a host of others including Bob Menery, Luke Donald, Lexi Thompson, Bryan Golf, tour reps, etc.

It was a lot of fun seeing all of the new products and experiencing the show for myself. I can definitely see a return trip in the future. It's tough to see it all, but if you plan it out right, you can get to most of it.

So Chris,

Warm regards!

Good questions:

1. Coolest experience: Meeting Bob Vokey and talking with him for about 20 minutes on wedge grinds, bounce, and how they accomplish designs for new wedges.

Coolest presentation: Chase Cooper talking about wrist matchups at the Hackmotion booth, which I'll talk about more.

Coolest product would be a tie between Vessel Bags and Electric Sunglasses. That segues into #2

2. I'll be picking up a vessel bag in the near future and a pair of Electrics in the future. Cyle was a really cool dude and passionate about the products Electric is making and the quality was extremely high. I was a fan of the Knoxville Pro frames. As far as Vessel, they're definitely not cheap, but the quality was exquisite. My current bag is on its last legs after going to Scotland. I almost pulled the trigger during the Black Friday sale, but was hesitant since I hadn't felt one in person.

3. Some of the outfits on people were ridiculous. I swear there were tons of people I saw that were angling for a job with Loudmouth.

4. Working with boditrak was great. I learned more about their product and about my pressure trace. It's pretty close to linear. I have a small back out move when the face gets too open and I attempt to close it.

Would I go back again?

Absolutely! If you can get into the show, it's definitely worth going. You're face to face with a host of industry professionals that are genuinely interested in speaking with you. I met Bob Vokey, Wedge Wizard, Hole In One Trick Shots (Josh Kelly,) Coach Rusty (Ryan Rustand,) and a saw or met a host of others including Bob Menery, Luke Donald, Lexi Thompson, Bryan Golf, tour reps, etc.

It was a lot of fun seeing all of the new products and experiencing the show for myself. I can definitely see a return trip in the future. It's tough to see it all, but if you plan it out right, you can get to most of it.

Who is going to get you in? I’m never leaving home again.

I’ve been at the airport or flying for 9 hours, still have 3 1/2 left...and I think Chris contracted and gave me Ebola.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

Monte and I got to the show early on Thursday and wound up staying most of the day. We started off the day by speaking with Bob Vokey in the Titleist booth. We were looking at wedges when a guy that looks awfully familiar walks up to me shakes my hand and goes "Hi, Chris, my name is Bob, how are you enjoying the show?" Talk about fangirling. We talked about grinds, bounce, wedge R&D, and CG placement for about 20 minutes. He even remembered making wedges for Monte back in the 90's when he was on Titleist staff. Pretty awesome. He was a genuine dude just interested in talking about equipment.

O7ohRUGm.jpg

We made our rounds through the booths and looked at clubs, accessories, bags, and apparel. I'm definitely interested in some of the stuff that Adidas is coming out with this year, especially the knit Tour 360's. They're super light and would be perfect for dry summer days.

dGao0R2l.jpg

We swung by the L.A.B. Golf booth, formerly Directed Force Putters. Bill Presse and LAB have a new putter coming out that GolfWRX has some pictures of. I gotta say, it's really good looking. They're going to be able to sell them to a lot of people that weren't interested in the Reno head shape. It's much more pleasing to the eye, has a great medium-soft feel to it and sets up well with the new Press Grip. I was not a fan of the Press Grip on my Reno, I'll be honest. The new grip is much better, with a flat spot on the top and more of a round shape rather than oval. Think Superstroke 2.0. Here's some pictures.

bCYaS68l.jpg

5usZRGhl.jpg

0cfFPQzl.jpg

nP3VxBgl.jpg

After some lunch in the PGA Room, we watched Sasho MacKenzie speak about pressure traces in the Boditrak room and then went to the Tour Striker booth to look at Martin Chuck's new training aid. It's really really good. Martin Chuck and David Woods' training aid, the Plane Mate (if you haven't seen it yet) is a belt that you wear around your waist, with tubing connected to the club. You feel tension on the club and can work on backswing, transition, and followthrough with it. It's got lots of uses. You can also hit balls with it. I'm planning on getting one because Martin told me it'll help me with squaring the face in the downswing without steepening the club.

(Monte had an interesting test session :) )

AI1f3bgl.jpg

Monte got his flight home today and I headed north to St. Augustine.

To be continued.....

So Chris,

Warm regards!

Good questions:

Would I go back again?

Who is going to get you in? I'm never leaving home again.

I've been at the airport or flying for 9 hours, still have 3 1/2 left...and I think Chris contracted and gave me Ebola.

You probably got whatever disease you're currently suffering from while getting free samples from the hair product booths. You can't pin that on me.

So Chris,

Warm regards!

Good questions:

Would I go back again?

I've been at the airport or flying for 9 hours, still have 3 1/2 left...and I think Chris contracted and gave me Ebola.

You probably got whatever disease you're currently suffering from while getting free samples from the hair product booths. You can't pin that on me.

My hair products are non toxic and only resulted in a 21% death rate in testing on those that teach hip restriction and lag holding.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

Probably a reference from before your time Chris, but that L.A.B. Golf putter looks a bit like a Plop putter from the top view.

Looks like you had a great time at the show. Thanks for the updates!

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

This morning I drove up to St. Augustine to visit with some family. I couldn't come up here without making a stop to take a lesson with iTeachGolf. I've been wanting to work with Dan again since I did the joint clinic with him and Monte back in 2015. I always like hearing a different perspective on my swing from a top tier instructor. Dan didn't disappoint.

5xBMD7Gl.jpg

During our lesson, we addressed my backswing and my transition. My backswing tends to get too laid off which sets me up for failure. I've chased depth for a very long time because in the past I had none at all. I've overdone it. Like Dan explained, when I get too laid off, there's nowhere for me to go in the transition and downswing except to steepen the shaft and shift my arms out early. I'm a good player, so I compensate by adding a ton of secondary tilt too early, and laying down the shaft by opening the face. Then I have to stall out and flip at it. Especially lately, it's caused me a big drop in speed and ballstriking quality.

4v5aGbBl.jpg

Step one was to get the shaft more vertical in the backswing by feeling like I was getting my hands in and the shaft across the line. It wasn't across the line, but it sure as heck felt like it. From there, the club had momentum to lay down without opening the face so badly. When my backswing is laid off, I have no more range of motion to shallow it more. If I changed my downswing and didn't tilt so much (which I tried to work on late last fall,) without fixing the backswing the results were pretty disastrous. My only choice was to extend my left wrist very early and hit a picky, flippy pull draw. So shaft more vertical or feeling across the line, a little cup in left wrist.

Transition, feeling like club naturally shallows from momentum of backswing, clear left side away from target line, and finally, getting left shoulder down in transition to regain flexion and rotate. I'm too shallow now and need some steepening moves. Hands and arms moving the path right are offset by shoulders and pivot moving left. They neutralize each other.

The issues in my swing are things that Chase and Monte both pointed out in the past, but I have had trouble fixing due to some misunderstandings or poor execution on my part. Dan gave me the same info in a different way, which made some things click. I feel like I have a much greater understanding of what I'm supposed to do now.

It just goes to show, if you get together with a quality, knowledgeable instructor, you're going to get better if you listen and understand the info. These guys are all really really good at what they do. They're all trying to get me to the same end result in a very similar way. A fresh take has been good for me to keep improving. Dan and I discussed some practice techniques to ingrain the changes, and after the lesson I stayed for a few hours to work on them along with some short game and putting practice. I was actually surprised that my short game has remained sharp over the winter. That's promising.

I'm headed back tomorrow for some more time with Dan and we're going to work more on the transition and downswing. I should have a good plan on what to work on when I head home. I'll have some videos too.

Tonight, I chose to go to Cap's on The Water for some great seafood. I went here with the guys back in 2015 and it was incredible. In the time since I last went, there's been two hurricanes that have hit the JAX area, so the place was nicely renovated. I arrived early, at 5:30, and already it was absolutely packed. I chose to sit inside and be seated immediately, but still got a nice view of the sunset. The Jambalaya did not disappoint. Crawfish, sausage, chicken, and shrimp.

GtVa9Ksl.jpg

RXtPDHZl.jpg

After a nice trip through Old Town St. Augustine, I'm calling it a night. After my lesson with Dan tomorrow, I'm going to practice a bit, play a round somewhere, then head back to Orlando on Sunday to meet up with one of my buddies from the Taylormade trip for some more golf. Stay tuned.

Probably a reference from before your time Chris, but that L.A.B. Golf putter looks a bit like a Plop putter from the top view.

Looks like you had a great time at the show. Thanks for the updates!

It looks much better in person. Bill is doing some cool stuff with closure rates on putters, lots of sightline options, and even Stability and Steelfiber shafts in putters.

My pleasure. Thanks for reading!

Sooooo I'm guessing you've got a tracking number for the black APs? Possibly the blue wedges as well?! Lol

I forgot to take a picture of the black AP's! Shoot!! They are FILTHY. So good looking. I won't be getting a set though, a little steep for my blood, especially for just a finish change.

Besides, I don't usually like the way black finishes on irons wear. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

For those of you that took the over, you would be WRONG! I'm coming back with 0 new clubs. There's some great new products out there, just nothing I need or am dying to have right now.

Sooooo I'm guessing you've got a tracking number for the black APs? Possibly the blue wedges as well?! Lol

I forgot to take a picture of the black AP's! Shoot!! They are FILTHY. So good looking. I won't be getting a set though, a little steep for my blood, especially for just a finish change.

Besides, I don't usually like the way black finishes on irons wear. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

For those of you that took the over, you would be WRONG! I'm coming back with 0 new clubs. There's some great new products out there, just nothing I need or am dying to have right now.

Haha, well you shared quite a bit so don’t beat yourself up over it lol. They do look insanely good though, they remind me of being a little kid at the air show seeing a stealth for the first time

So Chris,

Warm regards!

Good questions:

Would I go back again?

Not Ebola...might be the airport sandwich :)

Don't remember the bet as "coming home with" - I'm still taking the over based on inspiration!

Don't remember the bet as "coming home with" - I'm still taking the over based on inspiration!

I have a text screenshot where he claims " I'm not going to buy anything"

he then hedged by saying " not until the season at least"

• Schnee changed the title to SchneeWRX- A Tradition Unlike Any Other