2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

SchneeWRX- A Tradition Unlike Any Other

Schnee

I feel like you could have made more of an effort to hold the lag in that last photo.... :)

Great stuff Chris - the swing progression is amazing.

Hahah. Yeah, should've been striving for more lag tension LOL. Thanks Dan.

Why not? It's working for Devore lol.

Swing looks great though....Then again, I think a white belt would add 3mph and a slower rate of face closure but that's just me.

Driver: Sim2 with Ventus Blue 6x
FWY: Sim 2 Ti w/ TenseiAV Raw Blue 75x
Hybrid: PXG 0317x 17* with Fuji Pro 2.0 85x
Irons: PXG 0211ST w/KBS Tour X
54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
58*: New Level Golf SPN Forged M Grind
Putter: Toulon San Diego

You need to start wearing visors again.

Would have to grow the flow. Perhaps Ill break out the retro look lol.

It's only retro if it ever went out of style.

TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade M5 15* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2TS X
Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 21* - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90TX
Miura Baby Blade 4-P - KBS $-Taper X
Miura Wedges - 52*, 56* - KBS $-Taper X
Callaway MD4 Tactical 60*
PXG Darkness Operator

Congratulations, Chris. You owe it to yourself and Monte to display the "before" pic one more time...

Before Monte/5 Years Ago after Monte/Last Week

It is funny (probably only to me) that your ball position now is practically in the same place you started.

From a purely static upper body perspective, the key change is your trail elbow used to get wildly external, but is now staying nicely internal.

But, to evolve and improve, you had to move the ball up in your stance, then straighten the trail elbow to prevent it from extending.

Then over time, as you learned to stay internal, the ball position moved back.

Stupid f-ing game. LOL!

You have internal and external backwards. Not to nitpick but for anyone following along trying to learn

Congratulations, Chris. You owe it to yourself and Monte to display the "before" pic one more time...

It is funny (probably only to me) that your ball position now is practically in the same place you started.

From a purely static upper body perspective, the key change is your trail elbow used to get wildly external, but is now staying nicely internal.

But, to evolve and improve, you had to move the ball up in your stance, then straighten the trail elbow to prevent it from extending.

Stupid f-ing game. LOL!

You have internal and external backwards. Not to nitpick but for anyone following along trying to learn

Dan, by internal are you describing a pitch elbow ( vs external - punch elbow)

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

Stupid f-ing game. LOL!

Sorry! Not a nitpick at all. Clearly my lack of understanding of the term. I thought Chris's trail elbow was going external when he started out, but is now staying internal.

Stupid f-ing game. LOL!

Sorry! Not a nitpick at all. Clearly my lack of understanding of the term. I thought Chris's trail elbow was going external when he started out, but is now staying internal.

Stupid f-ing game. LOL!

Yes, I'm more pitch now than punch (before)

My right elbow/shoulder are more externally rotated than they used to be. Before when I was flat and laid off, I was pretty much at my range of motion for external rotation in my shoulder. That meant in transition it couldn't go any further.

Now with a more upright backswing and more left wrist extension at the top, my right shoulder is more internally rotated and has ROM to externally rotate in the transiton and downswing.

Stupid f-ing game. LOL!

Sorry! Not a nitpick at all. Clearly my lack of understanding of the term.

Stupid f-ing game. LOL!

My right elbow/shoulder are more externally rotated than they used to be. Before when I was flat and laid off, I was pretty much at my range of motion for external rotation in my shoulder. That meant in transition it couldn't go any further.

Now with a more upright backswing and more left wrist extension at the top, my right shoulder is more internally rotated and has ROM to externally rotate in the transiton and downswing.

Sweet, that’s the feel that was working for me last year when I played decent. Pitch elbow I mean - I think I mixed it up in my first post.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

Stupid f-ing game. LOL!

Sweet, that’s the feel that was working for me last year when I played decent. Pitch elbow I mean - I think I mixed it up in my first post.

Just knowing your swing, yes you want more pitch elbow.

You went from having a seizure at impact to tour level beauty. Forget being a scratch golfer, you should be in a medical journal!

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

Stupid f-ing game. LOL!

pitch is external and punch is internal

From Bill Kroen's Annual Golf Calendar: "If you love golf, always seek improvement. No matter how well you play, you can always learn more and get better. Never just accept your game as it is and hope for good days. Read, watch videos, take lessons, and practice to continually improve. The players who get better are the ones who make the effort to improve rather than just accepting the status quo."

Nice going Chris!...and kudos to Chase, Dan, Monte ! :superman2:

From Bill Kroen's Annual Golf Calendar: "If you love golf, always seek improvement. No matter how well you play, you can always learn more and get better. Never just accept your game as it is and hope for good days. Read, watch videos, take lessons, and practice to continually improve. The players who get better are the ones who make the effort to improve rather than just accepting the status quo."

Nice going Chris!...and kudos to Chase, Dan, Monte ! :superman2:

I took a 3 day lesson from Dan last month and showed up with a 45 degree shoulder turn and 10 degree path left. He showed me what i need to do and i have my 8.5 inch dodge ball to improve my shoulder turn. I also tape recorded my 3 days which i strongly recommend. I continue to listen to the tapes and one thing he said when making changes still sticks with me. He said something like there is no perfect just less bad. From a perfectionist point of view this really helped me.

brilliant changes, come so far from the one on the left.

The centre outfit is so scratch though!

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
2 & 4 iron: Callaway X Utility 18* & 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
Putter: Odyssey 2 ball XG 40" Armlock w/ winn grip and triple track alignment

Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement

i was messing around in a sim yesterday and noticed that having a pitch elbow is important, but making sure that it becomes pitched because of an externally rotated trail shoulder seems to be equally as important. My bottom control was much more consistent.

Do you setup externally rotated or do you let the transition/swing make the shoulder externally rotate?

i was messing around in a sim yesterday and noticed that having a pitch elbow is important, but making sure that it becomes pitched because of an externally rotated trail shoulder seems to be equally as important. My bottom control was much more consistent.

Do you setup externally rotated or do you let the transition/swing make the shoulder externally rotate?

So when I play my best, it happens in transition. I tried to do it for a long time at setup with a progressively stronger right hand grip. That’s when I developed those wicked snap hooks a few seasons ago.

When I do it correctly now, backswing is more upright with some cup in left wrist, club wants to shallow with left wrist flexion and some right shoulder external rotation in transition. Right elbow comes more in front of right hip, voila shaft lean.

I can do it well up to about a 3/4 swing. The urge to extend my left wrist from the top is still very strong and then I pitch the left shoulder up and sling hook it lol.

Just my luck, home unwell today and looking like tomorrow and Tiger just had to stay home, also, lol. However, I stumbled on the first video Monte sent me and realized my first lesson with him was St. Patrick's Day 5 years ago! Now I'm trying to come up with something appropriate to celebrating the occasion. What is striking is that the "after" swing (which got a good result/impact position and was a first step with a new feel and got me on the way to some good things) is not nearly as good looking as the "after" from last year. Liking that!

Here's a cool video I thought I would share. It's from Andrew Jensen. He's a professional golfer and YouTuber that one of my friends turned me on to when I was at the PGA Show. His channel is really great, but I came across this video of his, where he posted a full lesson he did with Dan (iteachgolf). A lot of it covers what I worked on with Dan back in January.

There's some great bits on the pivot, practice strategies, how your body learns a new move, etc, and it really shows what a lesson with Dan is like.

20 minutes worth of gold. I would definitely suggest you check out Andrew's channel and if you're on the fence about a lesson with Dan this should push you into finally doing it!

• 4 weeks later...

Hopefully there’s still a few of you out there as the dust settles on this new forum setup. It’s rough now but I know the guys at GolfWRX HQ are working hard to get it up and running.

Anyway... Those of you who bet that I would buy some sort of new club before the season starts… Technically you win! Handicap season doesn’t start for another two weeks.

I was contacted through my Instagram by a rep at Cobra asking if I would want to try there one length irons. I replied that they weren’t really my cup of tea. Cobra responded that they would set me up at my nearest fitter to get fit for a set. I was under no obligation to buy them. If I decided that I liked them, they would give me the set at no cost.

Never being one to turn down a discount on a set of golf clubs, let alone some free ones, I wasn’t going to look a gift horse in the mouth. I set up a fitting at the closest cobra dealer to me to check them out. My swing is in pretty good shape lately, so I felt good going into the fitting. Normally my swing isn’t all that great when I go for a new set of clubs so there’s a big adjustment period.

We started off with the 7-iron, just to get a feel for what the rest of the set would be both links wise and lie angle wise. I was a bit surprised to be fit into a 7-iron that was 2° flat from standard.

After that, I hit both a five iron and a pitching wedge. Let me just say that it is bizarre to hit those clubs at 7 iron length. Especially the pitching wedge as it looks a bit funky, like an uncut shaft it’s so long. 5 iron looked like a kids club! I assumed it like most people do that I would hit the short irons extremely high and spinny and the look long irons low and spinny. Boy was I wrong. Cobra has really done a great job moving the CG around throughout the set in order to create optimum trajectory. The fitting was three weeks ago, and I’ve been so excited to get my clubs ever since then. I wanted to talk about the fitting right after it happened but decided to wait until they arrived. Today, they finally came in!

Sadly, there is still snow on the ground so I won’t be able to try these out outside for a few more weeks. However I’ve hit them indoors and at the dome. They’re forged heads and they have the typical cobra softness when struck well. The offset is reasonable, they’ve got a nice finish. And seem to be fairly forgiving. I have to admit, this is one of the crazier experiments I’ve tried, but I think they’re really may be something to it. I saw Mike Schy (Bryson’s DeChambeau’s coach) speak at the open forum at the PGA show this past January and it really piqued my interest about Bryson’s setup. I’ll have to wait until I get them on the course to give my final verdict, but I’m thinking that with the hard work I’ve done on my swing this winter and this new set up that’s fit for me, I’m going to achieve some great things this season. All of the clubs hit the same window when hitting them in the dome, but it’s tough to judge carry distances as the dome is less than 200 yards deep.

I’ll post more once I’ve gotten them out on the course. Hoping to see some friends down in NJ for a round or two before my course in NY opens in May Looking forward to it!!

4nyo5nhh2dxc.jpeg

Good things happen to good people!

Titleist  TSi2 8.0 TPT 14.5 LKP LT LW 
Ping G400 14.5* TPT 15 LKP LT LW 

Ping i210 4-PW TT Elevate Tour X
Cleveland tour raw 52, 56, 60 DG x100
Byron Morgan- HG-DH89
Titleist PV1x
Jones Utility Trouper-Carry
Ogio Silencer Alphard E-wheels

• Schnee changed the title to SchneeWRX- A Tradition Unlike Any Other