[/quote]
Golf is still hard I hear.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

hard not to be happy for him after watching his interview, he was basically in tears....you can see how much the win meant to him. I remember when he was in college he was a big time player, and then when he got eliminated from big break, one of the contestants said that he'll be a top 30 player in the world one day.

Finally got the first win, we'll see how it plays out from here

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='BMC' timestamp='1395616985' post='8934049']
Wasn't Adam Scott sick all four days with the flu? Guess he should have pulled out like Bubba.
[/quote]

You can't blame his being sick when he shot 14 under through two rounds then choked like a dog

Mayfield Sand Ridge CC
Stealth Plus 9 Ventus + 5X

Qi10 3HL Ventus + 7S

Sim2 4 Rescue AD-DI 85S

Mizuno 245 Pro Modus Limited 115

SM9 Raw 50-54-60

Spider Hydroblast short slant 

poor Adam Scott, i said it a year ago...he was better off never winning that major LOL. He had such a pressure free life. Now he's [i]expected [/i]to this, and [i]expected [/i]to do that

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

In this era, Sundays on the PGA Tour are generally sad to watch.

These guys are good.

At what?

It's the reason you can't discount Tiger's opportunity to dominate, when he's remotely close to his prior form. These are the bobbleheads he would be dealing with on Sunday: "Your turn to bogey." "No, it's mine!"

Number two in the world should be someone who belongs on an all time list, or nearby. In this era it's Adam Scott. Great guy and great swing. I remember when this forum couldn't wait to list him as most overrated player on the planet. Now he's near the top. That demonstrates the hurdle to get there isn't what it should be. He vaulted mediocrities.

Given the political bent of professional golf, right now there's desperate need for it to be applied by the setup committees. Unless it's a pitch and putt level course, this era simply can't handle Sunday pin placements. They should be shelved until the next wave of truly great players emerge. Otherwise, compassionate conservatism is required, to quietly switch to two sets of Saturday pin placements. There's nothing wrong with situational adjustment to protect the field and the reputation of the sport. Right now the hecklers too often are higher caliber than the contenders on Sunday. Johnny Miller provided the devastating specifics today, that the final 6 groups were a combined 27 over par. And that was early. I'm sure they continued their assault on bogey.

Anyway, there's always one guy who embraces sheer probability and doesn't completely collapse. This week's version is Matt Every. Congrats to him. He's now the second alum of Big Break to win on the PGA Tour, joining Tommy Gainey. Quite odd that Big Break has produced many more LPGA players than PGA, but none of them have managed to win.

[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1395617959' post='8934185']
poor Adam Scott, i said it a year ago...he was better off never winning that major LOL. He had such a pressure free life. Now he's [i]expected [/i]to this, and [i]expected [/i]to do that
[/quote]

Exactly. I'm happy for Every, and I was rooting for him. But his was the easier task of the other two guys in contention. Sh-t's (relatively) easy(ier) when you have no expectations and pressure on you

Having said that, I'm very excited for Every. I was rooting for him, and I'm glad he managed to get his first win. And what a win! Hope this leads to better things for him!

WITB:
SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1395618131' post='8934207']

These guys are good.

At what?

It's the reason you can't discount Tiger's opportunity to dominate, when he's remotely close to his prior form. These are the bobbleheads he would be dealing with on Sunday: "Your turn to bogey." "No, it's mine!"

Number two in the world should be someone who belongs on an all time list, or nearby. In this era it's Adam Scott. Great guy and great swing. I remember when this forum couldn't wait to list him as most overrated player on the planet. Now he's near the top. That demonstrates the hurdle to get there isn't what it should be. He vaulted mediocrities.

Given the political bent of professional golf, right now there's desperate need for it to be applied by the setup committees. Unless it's a pitch and putt level course, this era simply can't handle Sunday pin placements. They should be shelved until the next wave of truly great players emerge. Otherwise, compassionate conservatism is required, to quietly switch to two sets of Saturday pin placements. There's nothing wrong with situational adjustment to protect the field and the reputation of the sport. Right now the hecklers too often are higher caliber than the contenders on Sunday. Johnny Miller provided the devastating specifics today, that the final 6 groups were a combined 27 over par. And that was early. I'm sure they continued their assault on bogey.

Anyway, there's always one guy who embraces sheer probability and doesn't completely collapse. This week's version is Matt Every. Congrats to him. He's now the second alum of Big Break to win on the PGA Tour, joining Tommy Gainey. Quite odd that Big Break has produced many more LPGA players than PGA, but none of them have managed to win.
[/quote]

It's clear by your post that you're discounting the depth of field. What about the depth of field!!??? The fields are so deep that the pressure must be much greater coming down the last few holes because the leaders know there are so, so many potential winners.

does anybody else(besides me) think that matt every's swing is almost an exact copy of Webb Simpson's??

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1395619342' post='8934317']

These guys are good.

At what?

[/quote]

It's clear by your post that you're discounting the depth of field. What about the depth of field!!??? The fields are so deep that the pressure must be much greater coming down the last few holes because the leaders know there are so, so many potential winners.
[/quote]

That is very funny. Gmac was just saying the same thing about these legendary fields

before his water ball today.

What are the

Adam Scott apologists of GC saying, I wonder?

These guys are good.

At what?

Unless it's a pitch and putt level course, this era simply can't handle Sunday pin placements. They should be shelved until the next wave of truly great players emerge.[/quote]

I know there's a lot of hand wringing and gnashing of teeth out there, but people have to remember that closing the deal in golf is very difficult, and always has been.

The PGA TOUR has a long and rich history of great players who failed more often than they succeeded.

In the 60's it was guys like Doug Sanders, Bruce Crampton and Bobby Nichols. In the 70's, Weiskopf, Crenshaw and Wadkins. The 80's produced Strange, Couples, Azinger and Love.

Think about this: If a guy averages one victory per year for 20 years, he's going to the Hall Of Fame. If that same guy averages eight or nine top ten finishes per year over that 20 year span, he'll rack up at least 160-170 top tens in his career, and maybe close to 200 if he plays until he's 50 years old.

So this "Hall Of Famer" is going to convert only 20 of a possible 200 really good looks into the elusive "W."

I'm tellin' ya, unless you're a Tiger Woods, Jack Nicklaus or Ben Hogan, in your absolute prime, winning tournaments is tough.

My favorite golfer, the great Phil Mickelson, a guy who has been judged right here on this board as perhaps one of the 10 greatest golfers of all time, has fumbled away more victories than I care to remember. It's tough, I tell you.

[quote name='jmvargas' timestamp='1395620005' post='8934399']
does anybody else(besides me) think that matt every's swing is almost an exact copy of Webb Simpson's??
[/quote]
It's just you. They look nothing alike.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLNP4bK35_0[/media]

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFEMjU2so-o[/media]

915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
915F 15* Diamana B-Series 80X, 18* Grafalloy Epic T90X
716MB 4-PW X100
SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
Bullseye Flange

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1395621966' post='8934675']
[quote name='kemau' timestamp='1395620953' post='8934515']
has bc chimed in to rip adam and his swing coach yet?
[/quote]

Didn't see one moment of today's round. Was it his swing that let him down today?
[/quote]that and his putting. Goodness, his putting. Just turrible.

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

I find it funny that the last group Scott/Bradly both with soon to be illegal putters, kept missing short putts! They need to get rid of those supid things and play with a real putter.

I also found it very annoying that the announers kept talking about Scott blew his 8 stroke lead, they kept coverage on that group the whole day, even though they were clearly choking. And barely even showed Matt Every.

Driver: Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X LZ 5.5
FWY: Callaway BB 3WD / BB H4 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
Wedges: Mizuno T7 52*, 58*
Putter: Odyssey MXM Versa 1

[quote name='PGArox' timestamp='1395621456' post='8934609']

These guys are good.

At what?

Unless it's a pitch and putt level course, this era simply can't handle Sunday pin placements. They should be shelved until the next wave of truly great players emerge.[/quote]

I know there's a lot of hand wringing and gnashing of teeth out there, but people have to remember that closing the deal in golf is very difficult, and always has been.

The PGA TOUR has a long and rich history of great players who failed more often than they succeeded.

In the 60's it was guys like Doug Sanders, Bruce Crampton and Bobby Nichols. In the 70's, Weiskopf, Crenshaw and Wadkins. The 80's produced Strange, Couples, Azinger and Love.

Think about this: If a guy averages one victory per year for 20 years, he's going to the Hall Of Fame. If that same guy averages eight or nine top ten finishes per year over that 20 year span, he'll rack up at least 160-170 top tens in his career, and maybe close to 200 if he plays until he's 50 years old.

So this "Hall Of Famer" is going to convert only 20 of a possible 200 really good looks into the elusive "W."

I'm tellin' ya, unless you're a Tiger Woods, Jack Nicklaus or Ben Hogan, in your absolute prime, winning tournaments is tough.

My favorite golfer, the great Phil Mickelson, a guy who has been judged right here on this board as perhaps one of the 10 greatest golfers of all time, has fumbled away more victories than I care to remember. It's tough, I tell you.
[/quote]

Another post on target.

I will go with the other side of your point regarding the pre multimillionaire even if you have won nothing days.

Think of Gary Player. Taking 9 flights, 2 trains and 3 buses to get to his next tournament. Talkabout walking uphill to school in the snow...both ways.

That breeds toughness.

Not going to mention names of what and who is tough going around beating the crap out of people just for fun on a Sunday.

But, lately, we see how untough these deep legendary top 5 fields realy are.

Scott really struggled on the greens, but I'm happy to see Every get the win. I don't understand the labelling of Scott being a choker. Almost every top golfer has let tournaments slip from time to time, Adam is no exception.

Taylormade Stealth + 10.5 (Mitsubishi Kai'li White 60S)

Titleist 913F 15 (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 70)

Titleist 712U 2I (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist 680 MB 4-W (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist Vokey SM5 50,54,58 (True Temper Dynamic Gold S200)

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 SS

ProV1

Scott couldn't stuff it in the hole today at all. The final group had plenty of opportunity to get it done over the final four holes but just couldn't get it done.

KB had the best chances and was my pick going into the final round. Adam couldn't handle having a closer so close to him I think. Grats to Matt on the win and I hope this new chapter in his life changes him for the better.

Scott just isn't one of those guys you expect to pull off a Tournament winning shot when it needs to happen right NOW. Who three putts with 3 holes to play?

Love seeing KB getting fired up though, TBH hhh just waited till it was too late.

It was kinda funny to see that space ship sized putter let him down on the greens today. Adam Scott choked. What else do you call peeing away a 7 stroke lead?

WITB:
SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

[quote name='KrazyTrain18' timestamp='1395623051' post='8934871']
Scott really struggled on the greens, but I'm happy to see Every get the win. I don't understand the labelling of Scott being a choker. Almost every top golfer has let tournaments slip from time to time, Adam is no exception.
[/quote]
Choker? No. He wanted #1 too badly IMO. He kept pressing and pressure got to him. Golf is hard. Crazy, I know.

There is no objective way anyone can argue that a golfer who was 14 under through 2 rounds that ends up losing the tournament with a score of 11 under can not be labeled a choke!!!

Any attempt to call it anything else is related to personal feelings or agendas.. it's an absolute choke on all levels

Mayfield Sand Ridge CC
Stealth Plus 9 Ventus + 5X

Qi10 3HL Ventus + 7S

Sim2 4 Rescue AD-DI 85S

Mizuno 245 Pro Modus Limited 115

SM9 Raw 50-54-60

Spider Hydroblast short slant