J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM

drbon - I bought it off the rack nothing special. Actually from my local Golf Galaxy. I looked at all the 9* LS heads they had and chose the one that looked neutral and lower lofted. Again this was by eye nothing special.

Cota- haha yep. I've gotta stop eating Chick Fila chicken nuggets ;)

I'm familiar with that process of lining up many pieces of equipment for the visual inspection and the human caliber test

Sometimes thats the best way to do it. At least you have some type of control and have a selection to choose from.

Poor man's tour issue, I even went in with a scale once :-)

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

drbon - I bought it off the rack nothing special. Actually from my local Golf Galaxy. I looked at all the 9* LS heads they had and chose the one that looked neutral and lower lofted. Again this was by eye nothing special.

Cota- haha yep. I've gotta stop eating Chick Fila chicken nuggets ;)

I'm familiar with that process of lining up many pieces of equipment for the visual inspection and the human caliber test

Sometimes thats the best way to do it. At least you have some type of control and have a selection to choose from.

Poor man's tour issue, I even went in with a scale once :-)

haha I've done that plenty, especially with grips. :)

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

In my humble, but very accurate opinion (like that?), I honestly think it would be worth your time to test it out.

I'm working on it! :) If it's as good as you and J say it is, it sounds like a must try for me.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

J, have you test driven the Apex hybrid yet at all?

I have and like it but honestly really like the 815 as it fills the gap i'm looking for which is a 230yd club. I am flirting with the idea of trying a 5 wood again but we will see.

Edel PROTO

I have and like it but honestly really like the 815 as it fills the gap i'm looking for which is a 230yd club. I am flirting with the idea of trying a 5 wood again but we will see.

That's what I thought you might say. The 815 is seriously good as well. Last year I went with the Apex UT instead of the 815, and while the UT is also really good I couldn't help but think I missed the boat by not having an 815 in the bag as well.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

That's what I thought you might say. The 815 is seriously good as well. Last year I went with the Apex UT instead of the 815, and while the UT is also really good I couldn't help but think I missed the boat by not having an 815 in the bag as well.

The boat is still at the harbor lol plenty of 815's around. I like the shape and it's a flat out performer especially with the rome 988 which IMO is the best hybrid shaft on the planet bar none. The driving irons are nice but not nearly as useful as a hybrid for me.

Edel PROTO

The boat is still at the harbor lol plenty of 815's around. I like the shape and it's a flat out performer especially with the rome 988 which IMO is the best hybrid shaft on the planet bar none. The driving irons are nice but not nearly as useful as a hybrid for me.

:cheesy: True, could still get one. However, I'm REALLY enjoying the Apex hybrids I have in play this year. They have completely changed the way I try to play some of the longer more difficult Par 4's at my home course.

WITB Link

:cheesy: True, could still get one. However, I'm REALLY enjoying the Apex hybrids I have in play this year. They have completely changed the way I try to play some of the longer more difficult Par 4's at my home course.

Then all by all means stick with them. I think the Apex are really nice looking especially for an iron replacement.

Edel PROTO

My son has been swinging a club since he could stand. Same thing at 9 he was good for a few holes and then would rather go chase baby frogs by the water lol. He's 13 now and is more focused but not obsessed. I seen way too many juniors that burn out early. Even the next big things. Cool that your kids have an interest. As long as my boy still wants to play 18 with his pops when he is older, that's all I want. :)

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

My son has been swinging a club since he could stand. Same thing at 9 he was good for a few holes and then would rather go chase baby frogs by the water lol. He's 13 now and is more focused but not obsessed. I seen way too many juniors that burn out early. Even the next big things. Cool that your kids have an interest. As long as my boy still wants to play 18 with his pops when he is older, that's all I want. :)

Yeah i'm with ya. I just want them to have fun and if they catch the bug then by all means I'll fan that flame haha.

Edel PROTO

J, did you ever hit the M2?

I have but only in stock form with a speeder shaft. I think it's a better option for the majority due to its higher MOI and if I wasn't set on driver with the G LS I would give it a go. Only downside is the weight or lack thereof. I'd be interested to know how the tour guys are setting it up because theres no way they are playing a head that light.

Edel PROTO

J, did you ever hit the M2?

I have but only in stock form with a speeder shaft. I think it's a better option for the majority due to its higher MOI and if I wasn't set on driver with the G LS I would give it a go. Only downside is the weight or lack thereof. I'd be interested to know how the tour guys are setting it up because theres no way they are playing a head that light.

I'm sure most if not all are adding some melt for weight. Every time I see the Tour guys play, I'm amazed at how quiet their drivers are at impact.

WITB Link

J what loft did you play in the ltd and what is it in the GLS...? I will try and order my best guess for gls loft based on what I end up with on my ltd....(no, there are no viable options for fitting in my current time area...) thanks.

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

J what loft did you play in the ltd and what is it in the GLS...? I will try and order my best guess for gls loft based on what I end up with on my ltd....(no, there are no viable options for fitting in my current time area...) thanks.

9.5* was the best numbers for me with the LTD. THe G LS i'm playing at 9*. What i'm seeing is the G LS launching a little higher and hitting a higher apex. I haven't had the opportunity to play with the G LS setup much but i do plan on trying the lower lofted settings.

Edel PROTO

Unexpected change : Sooooooo.......... a Ping G 3 wood left the shop with me :) I am LOVING my G LS so what could go wrong? Like the driver, the fairway woods are consistent with dispersion and spin especially when paired with the proper shaft. I've been playing the 816 Callaway Alpha fwy wood which is stellar and longggggg but i guess i just got board and like the turbulators haha ;) I mean they give me like 1-2mph more swing speed right? :)

So a quick test:

I was at my club with flightscope (on the range) with my Callaway 816 Alpha/ Kuro Kage Black TiNi 80x @ 43" and the new Ping G with Pings tour 80X at 43". Head to head both were good sticks for me with the Callaway 816 being a little longer in both carry and total distance by about 7-8yds on average. Also just to mention i was using a tee for this. So I could see the Ping G was spinning more and launching higher which was causing it to fall short, with that said dispersion was really tight even on mishits. So I decided to try a lower spinning and launching shaft to see what that would do, in comes the Agera. Luckily I had an Agera setup to play 43" from my Callaway BB mini experiment so I swapped adaptors and in it went. Launch and spin came down and it was now equal in distance with the Callaway 816 except was giving me tighter dispersion, win / win.

Overall i'm looking forward to ANTHING that can help me keep the ball in the short stuff. The Callaway is the longer of the two especially if you put the 16g slug in the front, it's stupid long but i played it back so that's how i tested it. The Ping seems to be the more forgiving option which makes sense. Can't go wrong either way but again I seem to love the extra mph the Turbulators give me lol :) :)

Edel PROTO

Did you try the 13 degree version in the G fwy ?

I did try the stretch 3 but it wasn't as easy to hit off the deck and distance wise I really don't want a 13* 3 wood.

Edel PROTO

The new G fairways are awesome. I liked the new LS driver too but it wasn't quite as good for me as the G30 LS

10.5* G430 Max Diamana BF 60

15* G430 Max Tour Shaft

21* Apex UW Diamana Ilima 80
22* (bent 23*) X Forged UT KBS Proto

Apex MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Vokey SM9 Raw 50F, 56F, 60T

Toulon La Grange SB w/ KBS CT Tour

Jones Players Series 003

I did try the stretch 3 but it wasn't as easy to hit off the deck and distance wise I really don't want a 13* 3 wood.

I've talked to a few longer players that swear by the stretch 3 and the G 5 wood. Guys that need 3 wood off the tee primarily. Curious to hear how it works out for you long term but 915 will be tough to kick out of my bag.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

The new G fairways are awesome. I liked the new LS driver too but it wasn't quite as good for me as the G30 LS

I really like the G fairways especially compared to the G30 fwy's. Love the new shape and I tend to favor a shallower fwy wood nowadays as the course i play has some elevation and it helps to get the ball in the air. G30LS wasn't a great fit for me, something about it didn't work for me and ended up playing the G30 standard last yeaer. This years shape is better to my eye

Edel PROTO

I've talked to a few longer players that swear by the stretch 3 and the G 5 wood. Guys that need 3 wood off the tee primarily. Curious to hear how it works out for you long term but 915 will be tough to kick out of my bag.

I can see that but for me and the courses I typically play I don't need a 3 wood close to my driver. I've come to that realization although it's always fun to hit a 3 wood past peoples driver hahaha. For me the Ping G 14.5 is a 250-255yd carry club off the deck which is perfect as my next club is a hybrid that is a 225-230 club. Off the tee Ping G is around 265 carry so again that's perfect for my needs.

Agera in a 3 wood? YIKES!!

haha I've been eating a lot of steak and hitting the gym ;) Actually though because the G is a higher launch shallow faced fwy wood it compliments it well. Going to also try the KK Black TiNi 80 in it but my guess is it might launch too high off the tee.

Edel PROTO

haha I've been eating a lot of steak and hitting the gym ;) Actually though because the G is a higher launch shallow faced fwy wood it compliments it well. Going to also try the KK Black TiNi 80 in it but my guess is it might launch too high off the tee.

As long as the meat was cooked at no more than room temperature, you should be good :)

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

As long as the meat was cooked at no more than room temperature, you should be good :)

Of course, it's all about the Paleo diet ;)

Edel PROTO

must be an impressive stick, could not see anything knocking the 816 out...

816 is a great fwy wood like i said I got bored and decided to match my driver this year. 816 is overall longer loft for loft so if that's what your looking for it's the perfect stick. Ping G is easier IMO to hit off the deck and get airborne which i find myself needing more and more with the elevated greens i'm playing. Both look great with the matte black finish.

Edel PROTO

I have a G 14.5* with Tour 80 at 42.5" on the way. WAY easier off the deck than the G30. Makes that pleasing thwack sound too!

Agree. Much better sound and shape then the G30. Ping did a great job

Edel PROTO

I can see that but for me and the courses I typically play I don't need a 3 wood close to my driver. I've come to that realization although it's always fun to hit a 3 wood past peoples driver hahaha. For me the Ping G 14.5 is a 250-255yd carry club off the deck which is perfect as my next club is a hybrid that is a 225-230 club. Off the tee Ping G is around 265 carry so again that's perfect for my needs.

For sure, wasn't saying to go look at the stretch, more that a number of players I talk to are liking the Ping line in general. I know Zak from Wrx had a lot of good stuff to say about it at gear trials and he tests everything I'd imagine. Good stuff!

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

• J13 changed the title to J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM