2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

Its the game show, "is it a blade!",

One of these are not blades....make it fun, dont zoom in and try to look for any reflective detail. For an additional prize (honor), see if u can name the clubs too...font should maje company obvious.

what am i missing? The bottom one looks like you can see the cavity back edge or is that just an illusion from the picture?

What's the thoughts in here with the Mizuno MP-H5 driving irons the 16* 1 iron and 18* 2 iron? I know they not blades but I'm a little chicken to go lower than the 4 right now being a recent returnee to blades or is it blade 1-2-3 and the heck with the crossovers. Hope to not get drilled to bad on this string for going off topic. I purchased a U45 20* to replace an aging A12 hybrid as I'm experiencing a renewed love for the iron game currently, again a little scared of keep going down w blades and to keep set matching.

With 1&2 get whatever you can. They are pretty tough to come by in blades. I'm likely to be buried with mine.

What's the thoughts in here with the Mizuno MP-H5 driving irons the 16* 1 iron and 18* 2 iron? I know they not blades but I'm a little chicken to go lower than the 4 right now being a recent returnee to blades or is it blade 1-2-3 and the heck with the crossovers. Hope to not get drilled to bad on this string for going off topic. I purchased a U45 20* to replace an aging A12 hybrid as I'm experiencing a renewed love for the iron game currently, again a little scared of keep going down w blades and to keep set matching.

No experience with the Mizuno driving irons, but I did a comparison today between a newly shafted up Tournament Blade 3 iron and a 23* Z U45, and the ball flight is noticeably lower with the long iron, but not to the point where that's necessarily a bad thing. I need to do some on course and/or launch monitor comparison to see which direction I'm going to go, but there's a definite possibility that I'm going to bag a 3 iron (either the TB or an SB-1 if I can get ahold of a head) over the driving iron this year.

The only reasons to fear long irons is if your launch conditions don't allow you to hit it high enough, or your primary miss is off the toe. I've found that long irons will lose a lot of distance on toe strikes, and the hollow construction driving irons an hybrids will give you some extra forgiveness.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

One of these are not blades....make it fun, dont zoom in and try to look for any reflective detail. For an additional prize (honor), see if u can name the clubs too...font should maje company obvious.

what am i missing? The bottom one looks like you can see the cavity back edge or is that just an illusion from the picture?

Illusion i guess.

No experience with the Mizuno driving irons, but I did a comparison today between a newly shafted up Tournament Blade 3 iron and a 23* Z U45, and the ball flight is noticeably lower with the long iron, but not to the point where that's necessarily a bad thing. I need to do some on course and/or launch monitor comparison to see which direction I'm going to go, but there's a definite possibility that I'm going to bag a 3 iron (either the TB or an SB-1 if I can get ahold of a head) over the driving iron this year.

The only reasons to fear long irons is if your launch conditions don't allow you to hit it high enough, or your primary miss is off the toe. I've found that long irons will lose a lot of distance on toe strikes, and the hollow construction driving irons an hybrids will give you some extra forgiveness.

Thanks 3 jack, I read some of your previous post today regarding the U45's and you had some good detail in there for me. I like the 4 wedges but want to replace/Swap the 5 wood with a longer iron and was looking at trying the 20*. I'm pretty consistent middle of face and miss is most of the time slightly heel bias on my irons per attached photo's I've recently done since getting my 945s. thanks for the great advice. the impact tape was when I first got my irons with the 7,8,9. Had em bent a little flatter (0.5 on some and 1.5* on the 7) and it helped move the strike more consistent away heel

The second impact tape test was done with the 8 and 9 irons with 5 balls each and after going a little flatter it helped out. I think I'll enjoy trying the U45 and maybe grab up a 3 iron with the 945's to compare. Thanks again for the U45 info on this site it was good detailed information you shared. I'll report back on my findings later and maybe help someone else out down the road.

Put some old anser wedges back in the bag to expierment with just 3 wedges but since a couple of rounds went back to 4 wedges and the Clevelands.

The first step in getting over your fear of the long iron blade is to understand that the very same science that justifies playing a blade short iron applies equally to the long ones. The second step is realizing that your own confirmation bias is hurting you when you stand over a blade long iron thinking that you can't hit it due to some ill conceived notion that there is some sort of negative physics at play. Again there is only the same beneficial science as there is with blade short irons.

I see myself at the range only hitting low lofted irons in the near future. Thank you. I've found I've been very successful in a short time with my 4 and 5 irons so maybe it's mental as you mention.

"Forgiveness" in the long irons is largely a feel issue only. The exact same mishit just feels worse with a blade. Plus with a CB long iron you still have the same physics issues: wide sole interferes with the turf more and flexing face is worse for workability and dispersion. These issues persist regardless of iron length.

The difficulty of hitting a long iron is inherent in the simple physics of its length and face angle. Every iron that is longer than the previous will simply have higher error than the other because the length itself exacerbates the error.

And then as the loft of the iron strengthens, there is more direct compression on the ball, and so from this feedback and sidespin are exacerbated.

This is the physics of irons progression. You will always have higher error and harsher feedback when you go to longer irons. There is no magic switch that changes the physics of long and short irons of the same design.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

Illusion i guess.

might be reflection too

Thanks 3 jack, I read some of your previous post today regarding the U45's and you had some good detail in there for me. I like the 4 wedges but want to replace/Swap the 5 wood with a longer iron and was looking at trying the 20*. I'm pretty consistent middle of face and miss is most of the time slightly heel bias on my irons per attached photo's I've recently done since getting my 945s. thanks for the great advice. the impact tape was when I first got my irons with the 7,8,9. Had em bent a little flatter (0.5 on some and 1.5* on the 7) and it helped move the strike more consistent away heel

That's an impact pattern that begs you to play blades. Heel miss won't even feel bad a lot of the time, and in my experience (my miss is also primarily on the heel), distance loss is minimal, and there is no difference in performance compared to any player's CB you'll find.

I went through a similar adjustment period as it relates to my mindset when it comes to blades. I went from thinking that I could probably handle a mixed set with blades from maybe 8 iron down, to maybe being able to handle them up to 5 or 6 iron (tested the Scratch EZ-1 in 4-5 iron and saw worse performance), to playing 4-PW in blades because I'm 40 years old and playing a 3 iron is crazy, to my 4 iron being my favorite club in the bag and now looking to add a 3 iron.

From your impact marks, you'll have no problem hitting anything you want, and there's a good chance that you'll see more consistent distances and better performance with blades.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Had my first taste of the Titleist 716 MB today

Was over seeing my friend get fit for a new driver and the shop had a spare fitting booth and allowed me to try anything from their demo range.

Blade options were limited so settled on hitting a few of the titleist MB's

Last time I tried one I tested I think the 710 MB against the MP68

Which I ended up buying.

Have to say walked away impressed, feel was better than Titleists I had hit in the past but prob not as soft as my Wilson staff FG59's or the mizunos I still have but I am probably gonna borrow the demo iron and take it on the course with me next time

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix 

Have to say walked away impressed, feel was better than Titleists I had hit in the past but prob not as soft as my Wilson staff FG59's or the mizunos I still have but I am probably gonna borrow the demo iron and take it on the course with me next time

Bad idea. You'll end up hitting a super sweet birdie and wanting new clubs...

That's an impact pattern that begs you to play blades. Heel miss won't even feel bad a lot of the time, and in my experience (my miss is also primarily on the heel), distance loss is minimal, and there is no difference in performance compared to any player's CB you'll find.

I went through a similar adjustment period as it relates to my mindset when it comes to blades. I went from thinking that I could probably handle a mixed set with blades from maybe 8 iron down, to maybe being able to handle them up to 5 or 6 iron (tested the Scratch EZ-1 in 4-5 iron and saw worse performance), to playing 4-PW in blades because I'm 40 years old and playing a 3 iron is crazy, to my 4 iron being my favorite club in the bag and now looking to add a 3 iron.

From your impact marks, you'll have no problem hitting anything you want, and there's a good chance that you'll see more consistent distances and better performance with blades.

Yeah, I'm 47 and grew up playing blades from the early 80's when I first started playing all the way up till about 10 years ago. Kids, wife, work, and the game became more of a past time than the passion of the 90's. would get 4 rounds a week in then and now it's 40 rounds a year. Age, not much practice these days (except the day before a match in the back yard to the field behind my house, led me to following the crowd and buying cavities. In reality I think my game became stale with the bigger irons, no longer focusing on the pin but looking at the green. This short time back has made me think of precision and narrowing my vision to really small targets (ie the pin or tree behind the green or whatever but it's definitely helped my focus which go lost somewhere along the way. the focus standing over the ball with a blade I believe has also helped me focus on the shot at hand versus just hitting the ball in the general direction of the pin, if that makes sense. Glad to be back.

Since buying these I looked hard and couldn't find my original set which really saddens me. I had a se of blades called Fox Bats. I wouldn't call them true blades but they were very small heads, the ball sat slightly over the top of the head at address w 3-4 iron (very short height but little longer heel to toe). They had some type of eslastomer piece in the back of the blade (like the muscle part). Best irons ever for me (guess because they bring back such good childhood memories of playing 54 holes in a day..walking, 15 years of memories and my 62 -9 record I shot with them on a small 5800 yard course, etc...). I really wish I had a photo of those to share since I've never seen a set before or since. Maybe Lynx made them, not really for sure. My dad gave them to me back in early 80s' as a gift. My kids lost them playing with them in the woods, creek, field, pond around the house...oh well I digress, thanks for the kind words and encouragement 3 Jack.

For those of you like me that like reading this stuff, I found the closest picture I could find of my old Fox bats but mine were smaller top to bottom. This gives a little idea of them though. If I could find the same model I played, I'd pay anything for them, not to play, just to put up in the basement as a decoration for the memories. Can't stop the sand going through the hour glass.

http://www.clubsofdi...d3/ucir5478.htm

Grrreat more boring discussions of physics... :stop:

And now for something completely different: Fog and the Holiday Season have completely wrecked the ship's schedule and the most horrifying truth has become evident...We may not make it to Houston on time to play 18 holes! If it happens during the week, then I am on the hook for some of my watch and this is most definitely a problem for on course time. This is most devastating news I am sure to all who were looking forward to this... :taunt:

I'll change the physics discussion. :stop:

Got fitted for shafts today for the KZG's, was fitted into the Modus 120's in a regular flex. Haven't hit a regular flex in years but the numbers didn't lie. Regular I was getting about 190 carry with a 6 iron and my misses were in the 180 range, Stiff was a 185 carry but my misses were in the 165-170 range and some very big side spin. Steelfiber's were not for me at all, neither were the KBS Tour V's, C-Taper Lite's were ok and the Project X 5.5's were the second choice.

Now to the good stuff, hit my first Miura's, ummm yummy. Also hit the Epon's and the Hogan Ft Worth's. I was VERY impressed by the new Hogan's, they had a very light Recoil shaft but were very smooth. Great head shape and the ball just did what I wanted. Epon's were tough because the shaft was VERY wrong for me. The Ft Worth's weren't very far behind the Miura's in all honesty. Felt good about my choice of fitters when 2 Web Tour guys came in and left there bags and back up bags for him to tweak some things.

So in the end I'll have a nice set of Mp-67's and fully custom set of KZG's for $910. Thank you guys so much for your help and talking me into hitting blades.

EDIT...I should also add that the KXG's came with and a gap and sand wedge that are being built.

Got fitted for shafts today for the KZG's, was fitted into the Modus 120's in a regular flex. Haven't hit a regular flex in years but the numbers didn't lie. Regular I was getting about 190 carry with a 6 iron and my misses were in the 180 range, Stiff was a 185 carry but my misses were in the 165-170 range and some very big side spin. Steelfiber's were not for me at all, neither were the KBS Tour V's, C-Taper Lite's were ok and the Project X 5.5's were the second choice.

Now to the good stuff, hit my first Miura's, ummm yummy. Also hit the Epon's and the Hogan Ft Worth's. I was VERY impressed by the new Hogan's, they had a very light Recoil shaft but were very smooth. Great head shape and the ball just did what I wanted. Epon's were tough because the shaft was VERY wrong for me. The Ft Worth's weren't very far behind the Miura's in all honesty. Felt good about my choice of fitters when 2 Web Tour guys came in and left there bags and back up bags for him to tweak some things.

So in the end I'll have a nice set of Mp-67's and fully custom set of KZG's for $910. Thank you guys so much for your help and talking me into hitting blades.

EDIT...I should also add that the KXG's came with and a gap and sand wedge that are being built.

Nice. Photo's when available please.

So last night we golfers aboard the ship had the great debate of blades vs. CB. I was able to clearly articulate that the trampoline effect prevented working the ball effectively making it into a less precise instrument. It was quite hilarious to see the realization wash over their faces followed by disappointment as they pondered how the very sticks which helped them advance their game could be holding them back at the same time. Then I went back to my room and prepared a worship to the MP-4 Gods which live in my bag. Tonight, we will be discussing the merits of the long irons over the hybrids. One guy is already a 2 iron over the driver camper...very interesting indeed. We may have a threesome teeing off in a few days...who knows!?!

Great post!

LOL I just about have the head pro and three assistant pros at my home course cleansed of the marketing BS that is the known "science" of "forgiveness". It is the biggest sham in golf.

And at the very least the lead design engineers of "forgiving" iron manufacturers know this. They know the overall dispersion and workability of a CB is worse than with a blade (all other things equal). They know the theory is true, and they have proven it statistically with robot and monitor data. LOL but they won't ever share this knowledge and data. It would undercut the "science" of "forgiveness" which is all predicated on the FALSE PREMISE that the clubhead can be treated as a free floating body at impact. And then from this false premise, comes the whole CB HALF-TRUTH "theory" of perimeter weighting and high clubhead MOI which is effectively negated given the clubhead support is provided by the shaft! There is no way or theory and law of physics that supports that the clubhead is a free floating body. And anybody making this Word not allowedumption really needs to take a physics or structural engineering class. And furthermore what makes it all ironic is that the physics of thinning the face wall is directly tied to the perimeter weighting. So the more you try to justify perimeter weighting as being "forgiving", the more the science is also making the club less workable and less precise. But again all that is presented is the beneficial physics of "twist less" which is founded on a false premise.

We play a carney game. Don't be the 'mark'. Play blades.

in theory, theory and practice are the same, but in practice they are not.

golf is not played by robots. trying to translate robotic testing to what equipment works best for a human of limited ability has a very narrow scope of usefulness. determining the best golf club for an individual falls outside of this scope.

further, your declaration that the clubhead is not a free floating body, but instead is stabilized by the shaft, goes against my understanding of the golf swing and ball flight. if we accept your premise as true, then the clubface would rotate open during its brief period of time it's in contact with the ball. and if that's true, we would have to strike the ball with a closed clubface to make the ball go straight, which i've never heard before.

all that matters is what happens during the half a millisecond the ball is in contact with the face. keep in mind that the momentum of the club and face rotation is already in the direction of the toe passing the heel. looking up the force of the head onto the ball, its in the order of thousands of pounds. i have a hard time believing that a 1.6oz golf ball has any affect on an object striking it with thousands of pounds of force.

yes, great....a fraction of a mm variation across the face strike to strike with a blade may result in less dispersion than the same variation with a CB or whatever, but as i said before...golfers aren't robots. scratch players aren't robots, and tour players aren't robots. how that weight is distributed in the head is important and does make a difference in the actual playing of the game.

The shaft is what holds the clubface square during that milliseconds of time. This is guaranteed regardless of what you may think. Without it, the clubhead would wildly spin and the ball would go nowhere. The attachment is what structurally holds it square and by impact it is already twisted a little due to acceleration of the clubhead so it is already structurally strong enough to resist impact with the ball. That is why it doesn't twist open that much from impact.

You can take a clubhead without a shaft attached and freely twist it with your hands without much effort. That is because a free floating clubhead has NOTHING to help support it. With a shaft attached and a golfer gripping said shaft, the clubhead can resist twisting. The physics has EVERYTHING to do with the shaft and the golfer's grip and virtually NOTHING to do with perimeter weighting. Again, to neglect the shaft is ignorance of the true physics and this has nothing to do with robots. The physics of the shaft attachment applies to golfers and robots. It is pure and practical physics.

FYI it takes almost zero force to twist a free floating clubhead regardless of the perimeter weighting.

Registered Bladeocrat

Duuuud you are not helping cure my fascination, curiosity, and desire to give these Ft Worths a spin...

Driver - TM Mini BRNR 11.5, HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5

2i- Ping Blueprint

3i-PW - TM P7MB, KBS Tour X

Wedges - Vokey SM9 (52, 56, 60) all M grinds

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

Just some pics from Pacific Dunes (#2 tee and #18 approach) today. I'm just loving the baby blades and links golf. Shot 87 from the tips (73.0 / 142). I pulled too much club several times and could not make a putt.

Registered Bladeocrat

Played 18 for the 3rd straight day and 3 different courses. Hit 34 greens in regulation for 3 rounds. 9 birdies and an eagle . Hitting my irons so wel I'm afraid to talk about it. I thinking Santa Claus will hear me and deliver my small blade 2 and 3 irons any time now !

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Played 18 for the 3rd straight day and 3 different courses. Hit 34 greens in regulation for 3 rounds. 9 birdies and an eagle . Hitting my irons so wel I'm afraid to talk about it. I thinking Santa Claus will hear me and deliver my small blade 2 and 3 irons any time now !

Can I have your TMB 2i when you get the 2 and 3 Miuras? Surely you won't need it ever again and it will be just taking up space... :pimp:

Just some pics from Pacific Dunes (#2 tee and #18 approach) today. I'm just loving the baby blades and links golf. Shot 87 from the tips (73.0 / 142). I pulled too much club several times and could not make a putt.

My version of DisneyLand. March 21st is my next trip. Is this your first trip?

Until I played there I had no idea how much fun true links golf was.

Duuuud you are not helping cure my fascination, curiosity, and desire to give these Ft Worths a spin...

I'll say this, I was more surprised and impressed with the Ft Worths than anything else I hit. I imagine it was because a) I hit the Miura's 85% of the time as he didn't have the KZG heads in stock and said the Miura's were closest in weight and feel, b) I was expecting the Miura's to be good but had no idea what to expect with the Ft Worth's. I will say I wish the top line was a little thinner but that is serious nitpicking. They were a touch shorter too but that may have been the shaft.

My version of DisneyLand. March 21st is my next trip. Is this your first trip?

Until I played there I had no idea how much fun true links golf was.

Yes Bandon is DisneyLand for golfers for sure. This is my third trip. I am lucking out on the weather, too. Tomorrow I play Bandon Trails and Bandon Preserve. Friday I play Bandon Dunes.

OMFG it is so much fun out here. Every shot is a unique challenge. Links golf is like S&M. The course and weather torture you all day long...and you GET OFF on it and like it! And really, having blades in the bag is part of the joy. Picking the ball off the super tight lies you get out here with blades is a pleasure.

Registered Bladeocrat

My Offer On Miura titleists was accepted. There were multiples of same number and mine was first.

I didn't respond within the same day because I have been busy with actual time off and I missed them. I am not even upset about it. It was a gluttonous purchase any way you slice it. Just figured I would share that I had it all right there and lined up and blew it.

So last night we golfers aboard the ship had the great debate of blades vs. CB. I was able to clearly articulate that the trampoline effect prevented working the ball effectively making it into a less precise instrument. It was quite hilarious to see the realization wash over their faces followed by disappointment as they pondered how the very sticks which helped them advance their game could be holding them back at the same time. Then I went back to my room and prepared a worship to the MP-4 Gods which live in my bag. Tonight, we will be discussing the merits of the long irons over the hybrids. One guy is already a 2 iron over the driver camper...very interesting indeed. We may have a threesome teeing off in a few days...who knows!?!

Great post!

LOL I just about have the head pro and three assistant pros at my home course cleansed of the marketing BS that is the known "science" of "forgiveness". It is the biggest sham in golf.

And at the very least the lead design engineers of "forgiving" iron manufacturers know this. They know the overall dispersion and workability of a CB is worse than with a blade (all other things equal). They know the theory is true, and they have proven it statistically with robot and monitor data. LOL but they won't ever share this knowledge and data. It would undercut the "science" of "forgiveness" which is all predicated on the FALSE PREMISE that the clubhead can be treated as a free floating body at impact. And then from this false premise, comes the whole CB HALF-TRUTH "theory" of perimeter weighting and high clubhead MOI which is effectively negated given the clubhead support is provided by the shaft! There is no way or theory and law of physics that supports that the clubhead is a free floating body. And anybody making this Word not allowedumption really needs to take a physics or structural engineering class. And furthermore what makes it all ironic is that the physics of thinning the face wall is directly tied to the perimeter weighting. So the more you try to justify perimeter weighting as being "forgiving", the more the science is also making the club less workable and less precise. But again all that is presented is the beneficial physics of "twist less" which is founded on a false premise.

We play a carney game. Don't be the 'mark'. Play blades.

in theory, theory and practice are the same, but in practice they are not.

golf is not played by robots. trying to translate robotic testing to what equipment works best for a human of limited ability has a very narrow scope of usefulness. determining the best golf club for an individual falls outside of this scope.

further, your declaration that the clubhead is not a free floating body, but instead is stabilized by the shaft, goes against my understanding of the golf swing and ball flight. if we accept your premise as true, then the clubface would rotate open during its brief period of time it's in contact with the ball. and if that's true, we would have to strike the ball with a closed clubface to make the ball go straight, which i've never heard before.

all that matters is what happens during the half a millisecond the ball is in contact with the face. keep in mind that the momentum of the club and face rotation is already in the direction of the toe passing the heel. looking up the force of the head onto the ball, its in the order of thousands of pounds. i have a hard time believing that a 1.6oz golf ball has any affect on an object striking it with thousands of pounds of force.

yes, great....a fraction of a mm variation across the face strike to strike with a blade may result in less dispersion than the same variation with a CB or whatever, but as i said before...golfers aren't robots. scratch players aren't robots, and tour players aren't robots. how that weight is distributed in the head is important and does make a difference in the actual playing of the game.

The shaft is what holds the clubface square during that milliseconds of time. This is guaranteed regardless of what you may think. Without it, the clubhead would wildly spin and the ball would go nowhere. The attachment is what structurally holds it square and by impact it is already twisted a little due to acceleration of the clubhead so it is already structurally strong enough to resist impact with the ball. That is why it doesn't twist open that much from impact.

You can take a clubhead without a shaft attached and freely twist it with your hands without much effort. That is because a free floating clubhead has NOTHING to help support it. With a shaft attached and a golfer gripping said shaft, the clubhead can resist twisting. The physics has EVERYTHING to do with the shaft and the golfer's grip and virtually NOTHING to do with perimeter weighting. Again, to neglect the shaft is ignorance of the true physics and this has nothing to do with robots. The physics of the shaft attachment applies to golfers and robots. It is pure and practical physics.

FYI it takes almost zero force to twist a free floating clubhead regardless of the perimeter weighting.

lets go back and look at your contrarian theory....that dispersion and workability is worse with a CB than a blade. i don't think anyone would debate that workability suffers with a CB....but that's the point.

on dispersion, are you saying that dispersion is worse with a CB strike to strike when the impact point is the exact same (robot testing)? or are you saying that dispersion is worse with a CB in the actual real life playing of golf where the impact point varies across the face?

you say that it's been proven.....so proven by who and where? you've obviously seen the data, so please share it with the rest of us.

read the thread title again boys...... come too far to lock it down now! by all means open a new thread and ill be happy to join in

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock