Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

Yesterday, I experienced one of the best feelings in golf, followed by one of the worst, all in the fraction of a second. A few days ago, I shafted up a Tournament Blade 3 iron. I hit it for the first time on the range the next day, and probably hit ~20 balls with it. Felt nice, performed well, and all was good. Here in Michigan, we've experienced what passes for a warm spell for December, and I went out and played 20 holes at a local course that will let you out in just about any conditions if you're dumb enough to want to play and hand them 20 bucks for the privilege of torturing yourself. I treated the round as an extended practice session, playing multiple balls on several holes, and things like that. Among the things I was checking out was how the TB 3i performed compared to my 23* Z u45 driving iron, so on several occasions where there was room, I dropped a few balls and hit shots with both clubs. On my last hole, a shortish par 5, I hit a good drive and measured about 210 to the flag, which was going to be a stretch for the 3i, since it was about 35 degrees, and into a light breeze. I hit the shot once, and caught it thin--in the right direction, but certain to come up quite a bit short. So I dropped another ball, and put a great move on it. I felt that amazing feeling of flush contact with a blade long iron...followed by a sickening feeling of weightlessness as the head was no longer connected to the end of the shaft (I realize now, I made a rookie mistake--after having built several clubs--and didn't apply epoxy inside the hosel, so I'm sure the only thing keeping it on was the little bit that made it inside the hosel from the what I applied to the shaft). Making matters worse, It was starting to get dark, and though I listened for the sound of the head landing, I heard nothing, and had no real idea of where it had gone. It felt like it might have taken off behind me, so I looked around there, and wasn't finding it. I was not optimistic that I was going to find it, but after searching everywhere near me where I thought it could have gone, I started walking toward the green, and fortunately, I found it about 75 yards forward of where I had hit the ball. There was a lake all down the right side of the hole, so it could have been MUCH worse. I got up to the ball, and it was dead online, about 5 yards short of the green.

It's rebuilt now, and hopefully I won't have to do that ever again!

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Yesterday, I experienced one of the best feelings in golf, followed by one of the worst, all in the fraction of a second. A few days ago, I shafted up a Tournament Blade 3 iron. I hit it for the first time on the range the next day, and probably hit ~20 balls with it. Felt nice, performed well, and all was good. Here in Michigan, we've experienced what passes for a warm spell for December, and I went out and played 20 holes at a local course that will let you out in just about any conditions if you're dumb enough to want to play and hand them 20 bucks for the privilege of torturing yourself. I treated the round as an extended practice session, playing multiple balls on several holes, and things like that. Among the things I was checking out was how the TB 3i performed compared to my 23* Z u45 driving iron, so on several occasions where there was room, I dropped a few balls and hit shots with both clubs. On my last hole, a shortish par 5, I hit a good drive and measured about 210 to the flag, which was going to be a stretch for the 3i, since it was about 35 degrees, and into a light breeze. I hit the shot once, and caught it thin--in the right direction, but certain to come up quite a bit short. So I dropped another ball, and put a great move on it. I felt that amazing feeling of flush contact with a blade long iron...followed by a sickening feeling of weightlessness as the head was no longer connected to the end of the shaft (I realize now, I made a rookie mistake--after having built several clubs--and didn't apply epoxy inside the hosel, so I'm sure the only thing keeping it on was the little bit that made it inside the hosel from the what I applied to the shaft). Making matters worse, It was starting to get dark, and though I listened for the sound of the head landing, I heard nothing, and had no real idea of where it had gone. It felt like it might have taken off behind me, so I looked around there, and wasn't finding it. I was not optimistic that I was going to find it, but after searching everywhere near me where I thought it could have gone, I started walking toward the green, and fortunately, I found it about 75 yards forward of where I had hit the ball. There was a lake all down the right side of the hole, so it could have been MUCH worse. I got up to the ball, and it was dead online, about 5 yards short of the green.

Great story! Thanks for sharing.

I've been around long enough to understand the culture of the blade vs. cb universe Bigmean.

I think you travel down a scary path when the 'think tank' allows the views of one to be expressed over, and over, and over, but immediately jumps on an individual who challenges those views.

I'd hate to believe this thread is simply a haven for those who wish to attack the 'Carney game' (as it's been presented). These views would be ripped apart in the general forums (and have been) so why are they being given a constant voice in this thread?

The end result is less engagement among the membership.

I don't understand why you are trolling this? The "scary path" is what has been dictated to us. The "jumping on" is because of the enforcements here and precedent that has been set. I understand how it looks, and You may have been around long enough for culture of the b v CB universe, but maybe you haven't been a part of 15 threads locked because of how you intelligently shared your unpopular thoughts, or maybe your account hasn't been suspended for getting too heated from just trying defend your point of view as you have experienced as your reality.

This ENTIRE site, 99% of all threads is a new product promoting, forgiveness promomotimg, technology promoting community. There is ONE thread that we have worked hard to not have locked despite early efforts by others where a 14 handicap can say they really feel like they play better with blades and not be called a poser, someone fooling themself, someone that somehow is an idiot because they should be playing more "forgiving" clubs regardless of the fact it won't change their card....... ONE thread, where the trade offs between CB and blade are understood and some choose the unpopular trade offs and many choose both and understand both. 'These views would be ripped apart in the general forum".......... yes, I couldn't agree more

I apologize if our one thread of open mindedness to the fact clubs have tradoffs and there is no right decision in your choice of trade offs, and that bad swings give bad shots, not clubs give good or bad shots, in the sea of forgiveness threads and advice is seen as "less engagement among the membership" by you. The good news is that you can actually start a topic and engage the membership in whatever dialogue you would like to have, please do, I will happily constructively share my view on it. If there is a post about a 15 cap who loves the look and feel of his steelhead 3 wood it would be nothing but praises to use it, not people telling him he isn't a pro and needs the m2 or whatever 3wood that is bigger and more forgiving and farther and better, but if you substitute irons for 3 woods, oh boy. This isn't a "safe haven" to discuss some kind of fallacy, it is a safe haven for people who believe something that can't even be proven incorrect, or correct for that matter, to not be berated because it is the less marketed and less popular opinion on this unprovable equipment thought.

LOL people can't handle the truth of the simple physics. Great post and well stated! LOL, PeanutsDaddy talks about a "scary path" which is exactly the anti-blades attitude of this entire site before this thread existed! And ROFLMAO now this thread is on a "scary path"? All because of my posts?! I only post what can't be refuted. Why? Because I'm posting the technical truth...but LMAO...I understand how that can be frustrating to some. The truth hurts! (Or better yet..."The truth shall set you free, but first it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem)

I hate to believe people no longer understand the complete physics of golf and that "forgiving" club designers have established some sort of 'alternate' physics. There is only one physics at stake. And I for sure will keep discussing it and openly discuss the true physics of golf with those so inclined. (All you have to do is use the known laws of physics! Without FALSE Word not allowedUMPTIONS!!!)

We play a carney game. "Forgiving" club design is the technical ruse!!!

Oh and Bigmean, for the record, everything I've ever posted is 100% provable. Give me access to everything technical that the "forgiving" club industry has at their disposal, and I would prove it.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

By the way, for those inclined to truly understanding the physics of golf and in particular why blades are the superior design for irons performance, here are a few books I recommend reading:

- Physics for Scientists and Engineers with Modern Physics, 2nd Edition (Douglas Giancoli)

- Introduction to Materials Science for Engineers (Shackleford)

They aren't golf specific technical books, but their contents fully cover the physics of blades, CBs, and everything golf related. I highly recommend reading them, in particular if you disagree with anything technical I've posted.

Registered Bladeocrat

By the way, for those inclined to truly understanding the physics of golf and in particular why blades are the superior design for irons performance, here are a few books I recommend reading:

- Physics for Scientists and Engineers with Modern Physics, 2nd Edition (Douglas Giancoli)

- Introduction to Materials Science for Engineers (Shackleford)

They aren't golf specific technical books, but their contents fully cover the physics of blades, CBs, and everything golf related. I highly recommend reading them, in particular if you disagree with anything technical I've posted.

I'm pretty sure I could stare at a page in one of those books for two hours without understanding a single sentence. I think even the Table of Contents would be beyond me :taunt:

Thankfully, I never bought into the "blade vs. GI" argument.

I switched back and forth every winter from my MacGregor M85's to a set of blue dot Zing's. You won't find a bigger swing than this in clubhead style. Both clubs had their own inherited playing characteristics that I grew to appreciate. My friends would have a little fun teasing me when the Zings made their way into my bag each winter by saying I was in my winter "psycho" phase.

The Mac's were a little more workable under a wider variety of turf conditions, but the Zing's were just flat out fun to play with. As far as feel goes, the Zing's felt just as nice as the Mac's on good swings. It was a slightly different feeling, but nice.

To be honest, I never played better or worse with either set. I stayed between a 5-8 hdcp for those years depending on the amount of playing time I had.

Dude, 3 jack, that is terrible/hilarious?

I have had good luck with clubs, but one of the first ones I did, I did lose a head once.....of course it was at the range on a slow day in 80* sunny weather so the environment didn't compromise the retrieval, but the shame and embarrassment was still there...

I've been around long enough to understand the culture of the blade vs. cb universe Bigmean.

I think you travel down a scary path when the 'think tank' allows the views of one to be expressed over, and over, and over, but immediately jumps on an individual who challenges those views.

I'd hate to believe this thread is simply a haven for those who wish to attack the 'Carney game' (as it's been presented). These views would be ripped apart in the general forums (and have been) so why are they being given a constant voice in this thread?

I agree with you on premise 100%. But we both know the trolls of the site will hVe this thread shut down inside one hour if allowed.

Edit and I didn't mean that towards anyone who's been posting here. But the regulars here know who the usual suspects are when this topic comes up and they have true hate that this thread exists. And if given the chance would pick it until it exploded. And lock would follow.

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I agree with you on premise 100%. But we both know the trolls of the site will hVe this thread shut down inside one hour if allowed.

Edit and I didn't mean that towards anyone who's been posting here. But the regulars here know who the usual suspects are when this topic comes up and they have true hate that this thread exists. And if given the chance would pick it until it exploded. And lock would follow.

What about the trolls already in this thread? ;)

Having to scroll past a couple of posters bloviating for half a page on how superior a certain clubhead is (which the first post in this thread says is a no-no) to get to something interesting from you or OP isn't helping anyone is it?

Especially when it's likely just copy/paste from something posted 3 months previous, 6 months previous, so on and so forth.

And come on, no one has 'true hate' for a thread on a golf forum... well ok maybe K-Sig will get there, but otherwise no :)

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

It wasn't all that long ago I saw a post in another thread, from someone who was complaining at not being allowed to troll this thread into the usual quagmire.

Reminds me of the Michael Caine quote from The Dark Knight: "some men just want to see the world burn"

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM BRNR Mini 11.5* at 9.5*, 43.5", NV75X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80X, 43.25"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; Tommy Armour 986 Tours 2-PW, Modus 105 S
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Mizuno TPM-2 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

Having to scroll past a couple of posters bloviating for half a page on how superior a certain clubhead is (which the first post in this thread says is a no-no) to get to something interesting from you or OP isn't helping anyone is it?

Especially when it's likely just copy/paste from something posted 3 months previous, 6 months previous, so on and so forth.

How about just posting about blade using instead of denigrating other posters in this thread?

Registered Bladeocrat

I feel bad that your trials actually brought a smile and laughter to me this morning. Golf truly is a game about "one" thing that happens while on the course, if you're so lucky during a round. You 3 jack just had one of those memories that last a lifetime (and gets better with time). Thanks for the smile this morning.

I have purchased equipment with the incentive of people praising their utility but I have never chosen type of equipment by anything blogged on the internet. Instead I spent 12 years playing GI, 10 years playing semi-blade/GI and 5 years playing pure MB. My truth was derived in my hands over extended periods of time.

The information age highlights that humanity never ran on truth, It has (and now more than ever) runs on "just enough truth to justify" a good story.

And come on, no one has 'true hate' for a thread on a golf forum... well ok maybe K-Sig will get there, but otherwise no :)

I can name one former member. He mentioned this thread in disgust religiously and also tried to start a mirror thread denouncing all things muscle back. Tennis anyone ?

The difference is that in this thread a certain type equipment is discussed and praised without fear of being vilified as is the norm in every other section of the equipment world here. Players who fear a certain iron project their fear into all others and spew the marketers sales pitches ad nauseum . The truth is they really just players minus imagination , or passion for the game. They simply want the low score no matter the path. Truth is this game can't be won that way. It's merely a lie that folks choose to believe. I'm not a CB hater. At all. Several are on my top ten all time favorite iron list. But not because they forgive anything. That's truly horseshit. The Miura small blade is as solid on a toe miss as the legacy blacks were. If your missing thin and fat you don't have any hope of scoring anyway. So doesn't matter what you play.

Anyway I digress. My point was that in the general equipment forums you can't discuss a muscle back at all without being trolled. This topic has created that place. Period. Same as all the ping heads threads and the Scotty Cameron fan boys.

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I feel bad that your trials actually brought a smile and laughter to me this morning. Golf truly is a game about "one" thing that happens while on the course, if you're so lucky during a round. You 3 jack just had one of those memories that last a lifetime (and gets better with time). Thanks for the smile this morning.

Since I was able to recover the head, it's a lot funnier to me than it would have been had I lost the head for which I just paid $100ish a few weeks ago! If we can't laugh at ourselves when it comes to this game, it's a short path to insanity.

Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Since I was able to recover the head, it's a lot funnier to me than it would have been had I lost the head for which I just paid $100ish a few weeks ago! If we can't laugh at ourselves when it comes to this game, it's a short path to insanity.

Your story is why I tend to over apply epoxy when assembling clubs. A bit of constructive paranoia LOL

Driver: TM BRNR Mini 11.5* at 9.5*, 43.5", NV75X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80X, 43.25"

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; Tommy Armour 986 Tours 2-PW, Modus 105 S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Mizuno TPM-2 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

Thank you for the replies ladies and gents.

I appreciate those who continue to document their blade journey without taking pot shots at the golf industry, club designers and golf equipment.

I, like many others, could do without the 'white noise'.

Happy New year.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

I appreciate those who continue to document their blade journey without taking pot shots at the golf industry, club designers and golf equipment.

Happy New year.

Happy New Year, too. And I for one appreciate those that can post without taking a pot shot at other posters in this thread. That's just as much 'white noise' as anything.

Registered Bladeocrat

Happy New year.

Happy New Year, too. And I for one appreciate those that can post without taking a pot shot at other posters in this thread. That's just as much 'white noise' as anything.

You've been given your platform. Carry on.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Happy New year.

Blade users have the platform is my point. We all should just carry on and post our blades journeys. (And if part of said journey is discovering the technical sham that is "forgiveness", so be it.)

Registered Bladeocrat

Your story is why I tend to over apply epoxy when assembling clubs. A bit of constructive paranoia LOL

I've read that applying too much epoxy can also lead to problems with the bond--we can't win!

I have purchased equipment with the incentive of people praising their utility but I have never chosen type of equipment by anything blogged on the internet. Instead I spent 12 years playing GI, 10 years playing semi-blade/GI and 5 years playing pure MB. My truth was derived in my hands over extended periods of time.

The information age highlights that humanity never ran on truth, It has (and now more than ever) runs on "just enough truth to justify" a good story.

Nard, Nice quote. I had to post this after reading your post.

Happy New year.

Blade users have the platform is my point. We all should just carry on and post our blades journeys. (And if part of said journey is discovering the technical sham that is "forgiveness", so be it.)

My take is that perimeter weighting does what it's touted to do; reduce twisting on off center hits. I've hit enough shots on the periphery of the club face in my own personal testing (which is a lot harder to do than you'd think, *trying* to mis hit your irons that badly) to notice the relative twisting, or its lack.

(full disclosure note: I've also mis hit my irons that badly unintentionally, I'm not trying to say I don't, lol)

Where I differ from the "accepted wisdom" of said perimeter weighting is that I don't feel it matters nearly as much as some would have you believe with respect to overall performance.

Ultimately, aside from my obvious Club Ho tendencies, I play the clubs I play because they're the ones I've found to work best for me.

Time for the Forrest Gump finish: that's all I got to say about that :pimp:

(don't want to derail this any more than I have just done, towards the "versus discussions" that we should be avoiding) ;)

I can name one former member. He mentioned this thread in disgust religiously and also tried to start a mirror thread denouncing all things muscle back. Tennis anyone ?

The difference is that in this thread a certain type equipment is discussed and praised without fear of being vilified as is the norm in every other section of the equipment world here. Players who fear a certain iron project their fear into all others and spew the marketers sales pitches ad nauseum . The truth is they really just players minus imagination , or passion for the game. They simply want the low score no matter the path. Truth is this game can't be won that way. It's merely a lie that folks choose to believe. I'm not a CB hater. At all. Several are on my top ten all time favorite iron list. But not because they forgive anything. That's truly horseshit. The Miura small blade is as solid on a toe miss as the legacy blacks were. If your missing thin and fat you don't have any hope of scoring anyway. So doesn't matter what you play.

Anyway I digress. My point was that in the general equipment forums you can't discuss a muscle back at all without being trolled. This topic has created that place. Period. Same as all the ping heads threads and the Scotty Cameron fan boys.

LOL! Ah man, ya that guy was just wound too tight for the internet. I could see him screaming at a group of 10 yr olds he'd be giving lessons to. I'd forgotten about that guy, they were some good threads they were,lol.

But as far as "being trolled", if you say something and someone challenges your opinion, that's not being trolled - such as what tnord posted. There was no trolling in that whatsoever, yet he better not question the unquestionable, lest we should be worried the lock will be applied?

I know those of use who are sensible folks let them bang on about their formulas and their perceived wisdoms, while we'll just keep actually playing golf with whatever is in our bags, but PeanutDaddy's comments are right on the button IMHO. I really don't think anyone who's being honest would deny what he has written is the actual state of play.

Anyways I agree, enough digressing, and it's Friday, which means getting away from the 'puter is coming soon enough, and we'll really not give a toss about it :)

And if those Legacy Black heads ever accidentally fall out of their shafts and need a new home, I can send you my address ;)

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Happy New year.

Sorry if I was overly defensive, I am sorta responsible in a way for this thread. To follow duffer, everything you said and questioned really was fine, and despite some of the physics lessons, we all mostly agree that it is no where near as real world important as forum important. I am a very socially liberal person, I am very much about NOT enforcing curbed dialogue....but with the platform we have been provided, it simply isn't tolerated by the people that profit from our participation which creates content and traffic that drives the site. Now in fairness, sponsor money and site image means a lot more business wise than a popular blades CB argument and that argument truly cant happen here with people getting on like clowns and internet psychos, which again in fairness is always the final destination of that which is not debated in this thread.

Happy new year guys!!! I am off to the orange bowl!

My take is that perimeter weighting does what it's touted to do; reduce twisting on off center hits. I've hit enough shots on the periphery of the club face in my own personal testing (which is a lot harder to do than you'd think, *trying* to mis hit your irons that badly) to notice the relative twisting, or its lack.

(full disclosure note: I've also mis hit my irons that badly unintentionally, I'm not trying to say I don't, lol)

Where I differ from the "accepted wisdom" of said perimeter weighting is that I don't feel it matters nearly as much as some would have you believe with respect to overall performance.

Ultimately, aside from my obvious Club Ho tendencies, I play the clubs I play because they're the ones I've found to work best for me.

Time for the Forrest Gump finish: that's all I got to say about that :pimp:

(don't want to derail this any more than I have just done, towards the "versus discussions" that we should be avoiding) ;)

And my take is that it is completely technical in explaining that perimeter weighting just changes the FEEL of an off center hit because the theory of perimeter weighting "twisting less" is based on a FALSE premise, which is that the head can be treated as a free floating object. This is a complete and ignorant violation of the structural physics of the club and golfer. Therefore the physics and theory MUST include the shaft attachment AND the point forces on the local structure of the head. And if the moment of interia is to be considered at all, then it MUST be considered from the perspective of the source of power which is the golfer himself, and with this considered then a high MOI clubhead is BAD in that now the golfer must do MORE WORK to square that high MOI clubhead relative to a lower one. This is more theoretically correct and sound than the "twist less" "theory", and again perimeter weighting will technically make mishits just FEEL less harsh so it is also explainable that golfers just perceive this instead of an actual benefit. Based on my personal testing, this is all CBs/high perimeter weighted clubs do, besides hurting workability, dispersion, and fat/thin mishits.

And even if the "theory" of "twist less" from off center contact helps, then that is just that single forgiving scenario for when you have a square face angle but path is off center. But there is an unforgiving flipside to this in the other just as likely scenario when the face is at a non square angle and the errors that arise from this mishit physics. In this scenario the head that twists less maintains the mishit angle more but the lower MOI head will twist back to square more easily and thus "help" that type of mishit. The same supposed physics of twisting more and less plays both ways in terms of "forgiveness".

And are my physics and experience any more significant than what you experienced yourself about not noticing much significant benefit from perimeter weigting? Likely not and I admit myself that I get no tangible benefit from blades on all but my best ball striking days. But my point is just that the theory of perimeter weighting based on a free floating clubhead doesn't hold water and there are just as many detrimental theories about perimeter weighting that don't require any false premises to justify with a theory.

So anyway, NRJ, my good friend, even though we may not agree, with this post we can simply exchange our own personal blades journey experiences with each other. It is always nice to have a DISCUSSION with you!

Registered Bladeocrat